PDA

View Full Version : Freak Show with John Renshaw

Gimpson
11-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Did anybody hear Renshaw's meltdown last Wednesday morning, or even better, have a recording? I always liked his show, but it sounds like he's been fired.

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah he is fired. This is old news

Brock
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately, I have been unable to listen since his recent admission that he is on medication.

KevB
11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
OK, what happened? I usually listen to him, but haven't been able to the last couple of days. He is a freak, but he knows his stuff and gets good interviews.

jcroft
11-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed his show but haven't listened in a few days -- what happened?

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
OK, what happened? I usually listen to him, but haven't been able to the last couple of days. He is a freak, but he knows his stuff and gets good interviews.

Go to www.kcforum.net

Go to the terror dome lounge

Also go here

http://www.gatewaycityradio.com/messageboard/kcboard.asp

jcroft
11-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, if he's gone, that's too bad -- I enjoyed him. And, if he's gone, they should put Steven St. John's ass back on there. He is great.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I gotta register. Can't you give me a cliff notes version?

jcroft
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
What I saw on the other site (the one that doesn't require registration) suggested he was drunk on Wed. morning.

Cochise
11-15-2004, 02:33 PM
can someone just post the story instead of a link you have to jump through hoops to use?

Braincase
11-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Damn. I guess DA's cracks finall did him in. I'll bet his arbitron numbers just blew.

Gimpson
11-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I saw here (http://www.bottomlinecom.com/toppage1.htm) that pretty much all of 810's shows are trouncing 610's in every time slot. Including Jim Rome, which kind of surprises me:

The battle between sports talk radio stations in Kansas City has turned into a full-blown rout. WHB-810 is annihilating KCSP-610 in every time slot during the day, with Kevin Kietzman's "Between the Lines" still the #1 show in the city with a double-digit share in the key sports demographic.

"The Doghouse" on 610 with Jason Whitlock and Bill Maas came in a dismal 12th in the city with a ratings share less than a four, meaning "Between the Lines" nearly tripled it in the ratings. The latest ratings indicate "The Doghouse" is the lowest rated afternoon show 810/1510 has ever competed against, and half of Don Fortune's worst ratings book.

WHB's John Renshaw, who is currently on "vacation," almost doubled 610 in the mornings. He was 3rd in the city while 610 was 13th. Crunch Time, which follows Renshaw's show, was number two in the city from 9-11:00 while 610 was 14th in that time slot. Crunch Time had more than triple the ratings share of "Grunny and Kush."

John_Wayne
11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I say replace him with St. John or Ivan Carter. I've thought for quite some time that Carter should have his own radio gig.

jcroft
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I used to like DA when he was in the evenings, but I was rarley around a radio at that time. I know DA moved over to the morning on 810, but I was already hooked on Renshaw so I never really listened.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 03:17 PM
What? The Freak, fired? NO!

It was so hilarious last monday when he told some caller that the weatherman Joel Nichols had died. And she believed him. Oh man, I was laughing OUT LOUD.

John_Wayne
11-15-2004, 03:28 PM
810 and 610 canibalize each other. You know that Renshaw will show up on 610 inside of a month.

Gimpson
11-15-2004, 03:31 PM
810 and 610 canibalize each other. You know that Renshaw will show up on 610 inside of a month.

The only reason I found out about this was when listening to The Doghouse on Wednesday afternoon. DA was on doing promo for his morning show. DA, Whitlock and somebody else just went on and on ripping on Renshaw, apparently about his meltdown that morning. Somehow I doubt Renshaw would make it over at 610.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
So we don't get the scoop without registering on a different site?

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
http://www.gatewaycityradio.com/mes...ard/kcboard.asp

Go here you don't have to register.

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
http://www.gatewaycityradio.com/mes...ard/kcboard.asp

Go here you don't have to register.
RIght you are. I didn't have to register to see this

404 Error - Page Not Found

We are sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found.

We recently reorganized our website and the page you are looking for may have moved.

If you have any questions, email us at webmaster@gatewaycityradio.com.

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
This is from http://www.bottomlinecom.com/toppage1.htm

Internet chat rooms are in a fever pitch these days with the rumor that sports talker John Renshaw, host of the "Freak Show" (6-9 a.m.) on WHB-810, had a total on-air meltdown Wednesday (11/10) morning, and was promptly taken off the air. He supposedly began questioning station management and went into a full on-air rant until he was silenced.

Word now (11/15) is that Steven St. John and Bob Fescoe will take over Renshaw's duties. An official announcement

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 03:55 PM
RIght you are. I didn't have to register to see this

Hmm that is weird.

Go here if it works http://www.gatewaycityradio.com

foxman
11-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Is this the same John Renshaw AKA the Freak that used to be on One on One sports out of Chicago (I think) and was syndicated? Several years ago we used to have a sports talk station that played Rome, Sports babe and One on One Sports showes and seems like Renshaw was one of them.

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Is this the same John Renshaw AKA the Freak that used to be on One on One sports out of Chicago (I think) and was syndicated? Several years ago we used to have a sports talk station that played Rome, Sports babe and One on One Sports showes and seems like Renshaw was one of them.

yes

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
I found this on kcforum.net

king96

Rookie

Posts 40
Registered 8-9-2004
Location Keyhole Tavern

Mood:
posted on 11-15-2004 at 07:21 AM

Morning Show Shakeup

Bad news on the 810 morning show front.
As of now, the tentative plan is to bring St. John back, paired with <<gulp>> Fescoe. The Planet axed Doug Medlock this past Friday, and switched to a Christmas only format to buy themselves some time. Brian Truta is the current goal as a replacement on the Planet in the AM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, but these go to 11."

Gimpson
11-15-2004, 04:08 PM

Yeah, in looking for some info on his firing I did find some pages that referred to a syndicated show he used to do, but I don't know when that was.

jcroft
11-15-2004, 04:09 PM
I found this on kcforum.net

king96

Rookie

Posts 40
Registered 8-9-2004
Location Keyhole Tavern

Mood:
posted on 11-15-2004 at 07:21 AM

Morning Show Shakeup

Bad news on the 810 morning show front.
As of now, the tentative plan is to bring St. John back, paired with <<gulp>> Fescoe. The Planet axed Doug Medlock this past Friday, and switched to a Christmas only format to buy themselves some time. Brian Truta is the current goal as a replacement on the Planet in the AM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, but these go to 11."

Interesting. I wouldn't call that "bad news". I think St. John is terrific.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 04:09 PM

Yes, the same one.

KingPriest2
11-15-2004, 04:10 PM

I agree. I hate the Bulldog though.

jcroft
11-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm not a huge Bulldog fan, either, but if St. John is on there, I think it'll be a good show. Maybe not as entertaining as Renshaw, but probably a good soilid sports show.

foxman
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Hmm that is weird.

Go here if it works http://www.gatewaycityradio.com

I went on to a message board from that link and the people were talking about the dude being drunk at 6AM. I really enjoyed his show when I heard it way back when, but man if it has come to him being drunk at 6Am then he needs more than to be fired he needs some help.

Thats a shame.

grandllama
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
What? The Freak, fired? NO!

It was so hilarious last monday when he told some caller that the weatherman Joel Nichols had died. And she believed him. Oh man, I was laughing OUT LOUD.

Yep, that sounds hilarious
:rolleyes:

I could never get into Renshaw's show... if I want a big mouth with a lisp yelling incoherent gibberish, I'll just go down to the Dixie Belle at 2am :thailor:

John_Wayne
11-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Does anyone think that Ivan Carter would make for a good radio personality?

KcMizzou
11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Does anyone think that Ivan Carter would make for a good radio personality? Yeah.. I like Ivan. He's great as a guest, anyway.

Dave Lane
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM

He and Petro both rock...

Dave

KevB
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Yep, that sounds hilarious
:rolleyes:

I could never get into Renshaw's show... if I want a big mouth with a lisp yelling incoherent gibberish, I'll just go down to the Dixie Belle at 2am :thailor:

Some of that is annoying, but the guy does know his stuff, so I overlook some of the "show". He also has some good guests.

KcMizzou
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
He and Petro both rock...

Dave Yeah St. John's cool. Besides, KC radio needs a Mizzou guy.