PDA

View Full Version : So who is this Lamar Hunt guy?

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 02:15 PM
And why is his name on my Patriot's championship trophies? :hmmm:

Didn't he bring kickball....I mean soccer to the US? Just another guy I don't like without ever meeting him

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Where were you in the 1990s?

el borracho
11-15-2004, 02:21 PM
So who is this SEPatsFan guy?

And why is his name on the anal gang-bang recipient trophy?

Didn't he bring dick and balls... to his ass? Just another guy I don't like without ever meeting him.

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Hehe. This guy is funny. That's some first-class, Grade A smack right there. Wooooo Hoooo....

big nasty kcnut
11-15-2004, 02:33 PM
These guys are stupid don't you know never to kick a wounded animal. Beside this site can smack better then any site out there.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Didn't he bring kickball....I mean soccer to the US? Just another guy I don't like without ever meeting himOh no you di-in't!

STFU dookiehead

Spott
11-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Lamar Hunt is the founder of Hunt's. You know, the one that makes ketchup and other tomato products. The Chiefs wear red to signify Lamar's success with tomatoes. Our alternate color is yellow because ketchup always goes with mustard.

:)

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 02:42 PM
You guys are so bitter......I guess high expectations, and low results will do that.

I guess I'll have to find out that Mr. Hunt, do you guys think it would be OK if I called him Lamrar?, founded the AFL back in '60.

As far as where I was in the '90's ... High School, College, and Army, and suffering through a couple of horrible seasons with a superbowl birth in the middle. Generally a dark time for New England sports.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 02:43 PM
do you guys think it would be OK if I called him Lamrar?I don't think he'd like that.

Braincase
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I hope your Sox get saddled with a salary cap.

Spott
11-15-2004, 02:46 PM
You guys are so bitter......I guess high expectations, and low results will do that.

I guess I'll have to find out that Mr. Hunt, do you guys think it would be OK if I called him Lamrar?, founded the AFL back in '60.

As far as where I was in the '90's ... High School, College, and Army, and suffering through a couple of horrible seasons with a superbowl birth in the middle. Generally a dark time for New England sports.

Lamar prefers to be called Mike.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I hope your Sox get saddled with a salary cap.Seriously. Those bastards BOUGHT that championship.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Lamar prefers to be called Mike.I thought it was Hue--oh.

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Boston gets its championships by beating up on St. Louis. Which is like picking on a blind kid.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
He's an owner who once upon a time took a vested interest in delivering a quality football product. Since the Super Bowl win, he has been content with just being a hands-off owner, who prefers the almighty dollar to putting the absolute best product on the field. He is a great man and has done alot for Kansas City, but because of his one great influence on the sport, he has sadly rested on his laurels.

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Thank you BigChiefFan..........was that so hard?

For the record, I couldn't give a damn about baseball. It's cool they won and all, but following the baseball season is like being prescribed Valium.

Basketball season isn't much better, I did go to a Celtics game at the Garden back in the Bird days, but now a days watching the Celtics reminds me of watching the Jets, and that is just painfull.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey we can whine about him lining his pockets and not really wanting to win but you can't come in here and talk smack on the owner. than aint kosher. :shake:

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
It was in all honesty a partially serious question, I like many others, are only really familiar with the teams I grew up with (aka the mid 80's to present Pats and the rest of the AFCE.) I honestly had no idea who Mr. Hunt was until I googled him about 5 min before making this post.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Boston gets its championships by beating up on St. Louis. Which is like picking on a blind kid.
ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
until I googled him about 5 min before making this post.

That's disgusting. I hope there weren't any kids in the room.

sinner.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 03:15 PM

Huh? Excuse me? The Cardinal have played Boston 3 times in the World Series and won 2 of them.

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 03:18 PM
It was in all honesty a partially serious question, I like many others, are only really familiar with the teams I grew up with (aka the mid 80's to present Pats and the rest of the AFCE.) I honestly had no idea who Mr. Hunt was until I googled him about 5 min before making this post.

Wow, you're in for an exciting weekend now. Google these people: George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Jim Thorpe, Tom Landry, Sammy Baugh, and Bronko Nagurski.

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Wow, you're in for an exciting weekend now. Google these people: George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Jim Thorpe, Tom Landry, Sammy Baugh, and Bronko Nagurski.

uh uh uh uh,,,,,,,,let's not forget LORD STANLEY.

KCTitus
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
A 'fan' of football not knowing one of the founders of the AFL (AFC)? Shyeah, right...

I smell a bandwagon fan.

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Yep, been on the bandwagon since the superbowl.....XX that is.

Honestly I don't care that much about the history of the league, specially outside of the AFCE. Why should I? different game, different time. So you are telling me I can't be a fan of the sport without knowing the history of it? Why?

You guys know that particular piece of history because it is part of your team's history, just like I know that the '78 Pats hold the record for most rushing yards in a season (3165)

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 04:22 PM
You guys know that particular piece of history because it is part of your team's history

It's part of your team's history, too.

WebGem
11-15-2004, 04:25 PM

Didn't he bring kickball....I mean soccer to the US? Just another guy I don't like without ever meeting him
He owns the team that is going to beat your team on Monday Night Football in just over a week.

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Yep, been on the bandwagon since the superbowl.....XX that is.

Honestly I don't care that much about the history of the league, specially outside of the AFCE. Why should I? different game, different time. So you are telling me I can't be a fan of the sport without knowing the history of it? Why?

You guys know that particular piece of history because it is part of your team's history, just like I know that the '78 Pats hold the record for most rushing yards in a season (3165)

No problem. Just FYI, Lamar Hunt wanted to own an NFL franchise, but was rebuffed. He then decided to start a new league, and eventually recruited eight franchises: Dallas (later Kansas City), Oakland, Denver, Los Angeles (later San Diego), Boston, New York, Houston, and Buffalo.

Lamar wasn't just a founding owner of the AFL. He was THE founder of the entire league. The Patriots came into being because of Lamar, as did the other seven teams.

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
http://aflfootball.tripod.com/

StcChief
11-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey how about the '85 Bears didn't they destroy the Pats in SB XX.

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks Rain, see history is interesting, if it is force feed to you! :) No, seriously, thanks for the 411.

nm_dbf--Yup they did, and they probably would have destroyed any team they played that year. They were one of the best teams of all time. I notice that under your user name it says " Chiefs 2004 We Believe". Now at this point what do you beleve? That you can finish 8-8?

Braincase
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks Rain, see history is interesting, if it is force feed to you! :) No, seriously, thanks for the 411.

nm_dbf--Yup they did, and they probably would have destroyed any team they played that year. They were one of the best teams of all time. I notice that under your user name it says " Chiefs 2004 We Believe". Now at this point what do you beleve? That you can finish 8-8?

Just when you thought Pats fans have class, we get some assclown kicking us while we're down. Great. You originally from Denver or D-block?

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 05:46 PM

Have you ever heard of H.L. Hunt? Once the richest man in the world. Lamar is his kid. Lamar was also the leader of "The Foolish Club" which consisted of the other owners of the original AFL teams.

SEPatsFan
11-15-2004, 06:01 PM
See again information is good....thanx.

BrainCase--First, interesting user name, my mine on pretty much every non-football board is headcase. Now, originally I started this thread as a joke/quest for info. I never kicked the team until the KC fans came after me (which took all of one post) I don't talk alot of smack, it just isn't my style, do I joke around alot? Yep, but very rarely smack talk.

FAX
11-15-2004, 06:03 PM
See again information is good....thanx.

BrainCase--First, interesting user name, my mine on pretty much every non-football board is headcase. Now, originally I started this thread as a joke/quest for info. I never kicked the team until the KC fans came after me (which took all of one post) I don't talk alot of smack, it just isn't my style, do I joke around alot? Yep, but very rarely smack talk.

How about english talk? Do you ever do that?

FAX THE GRAMMATICAL

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 06:50 PM

I don't care if we don't win another game this season,,,,,we still believe ,,
you :cuss:

Phobia
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
It's probably pretty easy to be a classy NFL fan when you've lost 3 games in 2 years.

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 06:57 PM
It's probably pretty easy to be a classy NFL fan when you've lost 3 games in 2 years.

It's not fair,,:deevee:

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
It's not fair,,:deevee:
Life's not fair.

donshula
11-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I started using Hunts Ketchup when the liberal
screwball from my State started running for
Prez.

Straight, No Chaser
11-15-2004, 07:48 PM

Reply to thread: So who is this Lamar Hunt guy?

Being from the SE you may know of an oil man from Texas named George Bush, right?
Lamar Hunt makes George Bush look like a piker.

BTW: There is something un-original about calling that bored "PatriotsPlanet". You should suggest a change to something else --it sounds stupid.

---->

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:51 PM
H.L. Hunt did an interview with Playboy in the 60's. He told how his friends were ribbing him about his free spending son Lamar. They told him that kid was going to break H.L. H.L. said yeah, if Lamar keeps spending at his current rate we'll be broke in 173 years.

Phobia
11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Reply to thread: So who is this Lamar Hunt guy?

Being from the SE you may know of an oil man from Texas named George Bush, right?
Lamar Hunt makes George Bush look like a piker.

BTW: There is something un-original about calling that bored "PatriotsPlanet". You should suggest a change to something else --it sounds stupid.

---->

FWIW, PatriotsPlanet is the sister site to ChiefsPlanet. In about 100 years, Kyle will have all 32 teams sites completed and we'll have a sister site for every team.

Straight, No Chaser
11-15-2004, 08:02 PM
FWIW, PatriotsPlanet is the sister site to ChiefsPlanet. In about 100 years, Kyle will have all 32 teams sites completed and we'll have a sister site for every team.

No sheet?
Let me guess, all the names will have "Planet" in the domain. Can you have him send me a prospectus?

---->

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
PatriotsPlanet needs some work. I just went over there to cause trouble and there was nobody home.