PDA

View Full Version : Start Printing Playoff Tickets!!!!!

jAZ
11-15-2004, 02:10 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10176319.htm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/04/14/morris_arrest_ap/lg_morris_all.jpg

Posted on Sun, Nov. 14, 2004

Ex-Chief Morris dreams of NFL after prison nightmare

JEFFREY FLANAGAN

Former Chiefs running back Bam Morris, who was released from a Texas prison last July, is dreaming of returning to the NFL.

At least that's what he tells HBO's “Inside the NFL” program.

Morris spent six seasons in the NFL, the last two with the Chiefs in 1998 and 1999. In 2000, Morris was indicted on four federal charges and was later sentenced to 30 months in prison on drug-trafficking and money-laundering charges.

Morris, now 32, had been on probation for marijuana charges at the time he was indicted on the federal charges, but told HBO he never realized the seriousness of his situation.

HBO: “What is going on in your mind at that point in time when you know that you are facing 10 years in prison if you violate probation?”

Morris: “When you are in the mix of all that, and all the partying I was doing, and all the ecstasy that I was taking, that never crossed my mind. I never thought about that. I was so far gone I wasn't thinking about prison. I didn't think about it at all, not at one time. I was messed up. I thought I had a bulletproof vest on where I could take anything and get away with it.”

As for an NFL comeback, Morris said two months ago that he was in the best shape of his life.

“You know, if I was fortunate to get a tryout with somebody, that would be great,” he said. “If I didn't make it, at least no one would be able to say it was because I wasn't in shape. Looking back, I think the only time I was in really good shape was my rookie year. In my heart, yes, I'd love to play again, but I understand the circumstances. I'm ready to face whatever's out there for me.”

The HBO interview with Morris will be broadcast Nov. 24.

shaneo69
11-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Bam is delusional.

jcroft
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
jspchief-

Do you wish he was dead? :)

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Start Printing Playoff Tickets!!!!!You must be one of his customers.

LiL stumppy
11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
I remember him but for get him.Was he any good?

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 02:23 PM
He's not going to mount a comeback by any means, because his opportunity has flown away like a little bird on crack. However, as much as we like to make fun of him, the guy sure had great feet. In his prime (i.e., before he joined the Chiefs), I thought he was kind of like Jerome Bettis in being a big guy with a pretty amazing ability to find holes.

David.
11-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I always liked Bam.

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
lets trade Priest for draft picks have King Carl blow them. Forget signing Blaylock he's to expensive now. Lets get BAM to come in and maybe we can pick up Rison at WR also. Find Greg Hill's girlfriend and maybe we will be able to Bring back Marty then.

mikey23545
11-15-2004, 02:57 PM
He's not going to mount a comeback by any means, because his opportunity has flown away like a little bird on crack. However, as much as we like to make fun of him, the guy sure had great feet. In his prime (i.e., before he joined the Chiefs), I thought he was kind of like Jerome Bettis in being a big guy with a pretty amazing ability to find holes.

Agreed...He was actually quite a running back when he was in shape and focused...Just a complete head case, though...

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
However, as much as we like to make fun of him, the guy sure had great feet. In his prime (i.e., before he joined the Chiefs), I thought he was kind of like Jerome Bettis in being a big guy with a pretty amazing ability to find holes.

He sure did. I remember on many occasions he'd leap over the guys trying to tackle him. He was incredibly agile for such a big man.

Claynus
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I have one memory of Bam Morris - against the Ravens.

24 carries, 39 yards, 3 TD.

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
The years when Marty and CP tried to make the Chiefs the Dallas Cowboys North with all of the :bong:

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Agreed...He was actually quite a running back when he was in shape and focused...Just a complete head case, though...

What was that? 3 days?

You're a dipshit.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 04:43 PM
You're a dipshit.

Found a new favorite phrase, have we?

:p

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Found a new favorite phrase, have we?

:p

Are you trivializing Bob Dole's thoughtful analysis of pertinent issues?

You're a dipshit.

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 04:55 PM
He sure did. I remember on many occasions he'd leap over the guys trying to tackle him. He was incredibly agile for such a big man.

Yup. It was a maddening waste of natural talent for him to screw up his career like that.

Hydrae
11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
I think he should try Canada or the AFL if he still wants to play football for money.

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
He'll be a Raider by the end of the week.

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Are you trivializing Bob Dole's thoughtful analysis of pertinent issues?

You're a dipshit.
My fond memories of Bam are of him slamming into the backs of O linemen. No moves at all. I called him "Bam "no gain" Morris". Now his namesake "Mercury Morris" was a different story. Well, except for the prison thing that is.

BigVE
11-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Bam, Bam, Bam...put DOWN the damn pipe! Won't you EVER learn??????