PDA

View Full Version : Biesel out for the year?

jiveturkey
11-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Someone just popped into the office and said that Biesel was out for the rest of the year on radio.

Did anyone else hear this?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2004, 03:26 PM
This angers me.

BIG_DADDY
11-15-2004, 03:27 PM
That would suck

WebGem
11-15-2004, 03:27 PM
If the same team that wins championships can put offensive players on defense, I don't see why we can't put Larry Johnson at LB.

HC_Chief
11-15-2004, 03:28 PM
If the same team that wins championships can put offensive players on defense, I don't see why we can't put Larry Johnson at LB.

Gawd, we're slow enough at LB....

WebGem
11-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Being serious though, I would have to agree with BD.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
This ****ing football season makes me want to puke.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 03:34 PM
You know what this means.

http://sumagazine.syr.edu/summer03/features/feature2/images/37a.gif

kc rush
11-15-2004, 03:35 PM
At least we have Rich Scanlon.

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I have to admit that it would be funny if Scanlon ends up starting after all the teasing that RoyC75 took.

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 03:38 PM
I have to admit that it would be funny if Scanlon ends up starting after all the teasing that RoyC75 took.

Nobody teases ROYC75 about Scanlon.

Do they?

Douche Baggins
Scanlon still wouldn't see the field. They'd insert Caver or Fred Jones at WLB.

The only way Scanlon gets on the field is if Mitchell gets hurt.

beer bacon

What would be even more amazing is if he is actually good.

HC_Chief
11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Will they actually use Keyaron Fox?!

the Talking Can
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
uh...so is he out or not?

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't know... all 810 has been talking about is f*cking NASCAR.

Ghostof
11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Who the hell is Rich Scanlon?

I say we suit Sean Astin and make his ass play Linebacker!

Donger
11-15-2004, 03:52 PM
I don't know... all 810 has been talking about is f*cking NASCAR.

Someone needs to tell them that NASCAR isn't a sport.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 03:55 PM

Why the Hell aren't they playing Fox? Why even draft the kid, if you are going to depend on players like Jones in the first place? I'm so perplexed by this.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2004, 03:55 PM
to quote htismage:

"this is a good thing because Beisel isn't fast enough and Kawike Mitchell is the read deal"

:deevee:

kc rush
11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Who the hell is Rich Scanlon?

I say we suit Sean Astin and make his ass play Linebacker!

Scanlon is the greatest MLB to ever suit up. He makes Ray Ray seem like a girl.

I heard that he can play every defensive position on the field and punt too.

I even heard that he can eat coal and shit diamonds.

jiveturkey
Why the Hell aren't they playing Fox? Why even draft the kid, if you are going to depend on players like Jones in the first place? I'm so perplexed by this.Rookies take a lot longer to develop under DV. He seems to think that they're all retarded for 2 years.

htismaqe
to quote htismage:

"this is a good thing because Beisel isn't fast enough and Kawike Mitchell is the read deal"

:deevee:

If you're going to quote me, at least be accurate.

"This isn't a bad thing because Beisel isn't all that."

beer bacon
11-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Rookies take a lot longer to develop under DV. He seems to think that they're all retarded for 2 years.

Siavii and Allen seem to be getting playing time.

Hell, if I was the coach, Fox, Siavii (if healthy), Allen, Sapp, Pile, and Harts would all be starting next week. Throw them into the fire. I don't see how they can play much worse then our woeful starters.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Rookies take a lot longer to develop under DV. He seems to think that they're all retarded for 2 years.
Oh, now I see that Jones had so much more playing time to justify Vermeil's stance. :p

Mr. Laz
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
If you're going to quote me, at least be accurate.

"This isn't a bad thing because Beisel isn't all that."
sorry ... my bad, i did my best to try and channel your football wisdom :wayne: :wayne:

but still it seems like that's it's been 2 years running that as soon as Mitchell hits the field and the defense completely implodes.

maz out - mitchell in = Boom
beisel out - mitchell in = Boom

but im sure that's just my imagination

LocoChiefsFan
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Someone needs to tell them that NASCAR isn't a sport.
Huuuh, bite your tongue. Shame on you!! Nascar is a motorSPORT. LOL!!

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Rhonda Moss just reported on 610 that he would be playing Monday

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 04:27 PM

That would imply that he's not out for the year.

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:28 PM

You're a dipshit.

Syracuse rules, Arkansas drools.

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 04:29 PM
The world would be a better place without AOL.

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 04:37 PM

Maybe she could play defense for us. She is one big nasty b****.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 04:37 PM

ROFL

What would be even more amazing is if he is actually good.

:hmmm:

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
The world would be a better place without AOL.

Get you own schtick.

You're a dipshit.

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Get you own schtick.

You're a dipshit.
Did a squirrel eat your brain?

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 04:46 PM

I heard one ran up his pants, stopped at the Y, cracked a nut and hightailed it outta there. :hmmm:

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I heard one ran up his pants, stopped at the Y, cracked a nut and hightailed it outta there. :hmmm:

Even though his mother hated it, Bob Dole wears tight pants to avoid that sort of thing.

You're a dipshit.

Bob Dole
11-15-2004, 04:48 PM

Bob Dole is paying royalties on that one.

You're a dipshit.

FAX
11-15-2004, 04:49 PM
I would post a witty comment here, but I won't 'cause I'm a dipshit and don't care for being reminded of it.

FAX

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Even though his mother hated it, Bob Dole wears tight pants to avoid that sort of thing.

You're a dipshit.

So when you shit your pants, it becomes a tight wad .... :hmmm:

Right, dipshit .

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
DV said that dipshit might be out for the MNF game.

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Yep. Both DV and Marty won't play rookies. With either one Ben Rothslisburger would be riding the pine because "he is a rookie".

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I love that quote. The way I recall it, "Did a squirrel eat your brains or are you just naturally that stupid". Either way, it works for me.

Straight, No Chaser
11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you have it reversed and Skip ate a squirrel's brain.

Arkansas is close enough to Kentucky and squirrel brains are considered a delicacy in certain areas of Arkentucky. Please, be aware of the possible link between eating squirrel brains and the rare and deadly human variety of mad-cow disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease produces holes in the brain. Symptoms include loss of muscle control and dementia. It may take years, even decades, for symptoms to appear.

I hope you don't have the "shakes".

---->

BCD
11-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Someone needs to tell them that NASCAR isn't a sport.What is it, then? I'm not a fan, but by definition, its a sport...

Ari Chi3fs
11-16-2004, 03:42 AM
Im NOT SORRY that you're a dipshit.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 04:55 AM
sorry ... my bad, i did my best to try and channel your football wisdom :wayne: :wayne:

but still it seems like that's it's been 2 years running that as soon as Mitchell hits the field and the defense completely implodes.

maz out - mitchell in = Boom
beisel out - mitchell in = Boom

but im sure that's just my imagination

Mitchell wasn't the starter when we allowed 156 yards to Quentin Griffin. The same Quentin Griffin who had 139 yards in his next THREE games and was summarily benched in favor of a career FULLBACK.

Mitchell wasn't the starter when we allowed 174 yards to DeShaun Foster, including a Carolina team record 71-yard scamper -- even though his CAREER longest run up to that date was 19 yards. His next two starts resulted in just 69 yards.

This team is a mind**** -- it has some kind of power to implant memories in people with it's poor play and losses, just like it did last year when Maz went down. The pass defense gets SO BAD that people suddenly invent the fact that our run defense used to be something other than pathetic.

Our run defense has been bad ALL YEAR. It has nothing to do with just one player, especially Kawika Mitchell.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
bump...i want a response

nmt1
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
bump...i want a response

I know you don't want a response from me but I agree with you. I think Mitchell has played in the middle as well as Beisel did. Mitchell doesn't have the picks but he's been doing fine.
I think people are still upset because the Chiefs drafted him and not the guy they wanted.

Mr. Laz
11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I know you don't want a response from me but I agree with you. I think Mitchell has played in the middle as well as Beisel did. Mitchell doesn't have the picks but he's been doing fine.
I think people are still upset because the Chiefs drafted him and not the guy they wanted.
i wasn't on until now ... so i didn't respond ... but i can tell Htismage's panties are in a wad.(this is one of his pet peeves)

are people irritated about drafting a guy who had 1 good game in college(as far as i can tell) ... yes.

mitchell got drafted because of his play against oklahoma and because he looks good in shorts.

is our defense good with Beisel/maz in there ... nope.

our secondary suks so bad, that im not sure ray lewis would actually be enough.

but its pretty clear that the flow of the defense is better when mitchell isn't at MLB. Maybe it's the defensive calls that the middle linebackers has to make? maybe it's because mitchell does his best to shove his helmet up the ass of his own defensive lineman so frequently. :shrug:

but the defense 'seems' more solid with maz or beisel in there. Maybe it's because they are too slow to over pursue? :p

but the defense looks like a piece of swiss cheese when mitchell is out there and he has started like 11 games in his carreer already.

Time to take the diapers off

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 11:45 AM
OK Parker, I'll bite, Mitchell has looked better. But I might add that he is still easy to block and bites on too many play fakes.

He needs to learn to shed blocks better and set him self up for the point of attack,.He gets to the hole to early at times and trys to make tackles either head on or trying to fend off blockers head on.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 12:03 PM
i wasn't on until now ... so i didn't respond ... but i can tell Htismage's panties are in a wad.(this is one of his pet peeves)

are people irritated about drafting a guy who had 1 good game in college(as far as i can tell) ... yes.

mitchell got drafted because of his play against oklahoma and because he looks good in shorts.

is our defense good with Beisel/maz in there ... nope.

our secondary suks so bad, that im not sure ray lewis would actually be enough.

but its pretty clear that the flow of the defense is better when mitchell isn't at MLB. Maybe it's the defensive calls that the middle linebackers has to make? maybe it's because mitchell does his best to shove his helmet up the ass of his own defensive lineman so frequently. :shrug:

but the defense 'seems' more solid with maz or beisel in there. Maybe it's because they are too slow to over pursue? :p

but the defense looks like a piece of swiss cheese when mitchell is out there and he has started like 11 games in his carreer already.

Time to take the diapers off

My panties are NOT in a wad. You made a false, bullshit statement and I'm calling you on it.

The defense is NOT better with Beisel. Just like it wasn't better with Maz.

In fact, I never said ONE THING about whether or not Mitchell was good, bad, or anything else. He's beyond bad. JUST LIKE BEISEL.

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
My panties are NOT in a wad. You made a false, bullshit statement and I'm calling you on it.

In fact, I never said ONE THING about whether or not Mitchell was good, bad, or anything else. He's beyond bad. JUST LIKE BEISEL.

:clap: Progress ! :thumb:

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 12:13 PM
:clap: Progress ! :thumb:

It's not progress. It's acknowledging reality.

I insisted last season and this season that the ONLY thing that separated Mitchell from Maz or Beisel was potential. He's now shown that said potential is either greatly diminished or doesn't exist altogether.

They ALL suck.

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
It's not progress. It's acknowledging reality.

I insisted last season and this season that the ONLY thing that separated Mitchell from Maz or Beisel was potential. He's now shown that said potential is either greatly diminished or doesn't exist altogether.

They ALL suck.

I like his speed on pursuit, but he needs lots of work on tackling, point of impact, and sheading blockers. All of these things are coachable, does he have it upstairs to learn ?

I'm not harping here, that why I liked another LB in TC, he showed me he can do the things Mitchell has yet to show. IMHO, he's head and shoulders better than Mitchell, but that's just me. We all know that DV & Gun can judge talent well, right. I feel they are missing the boat on this kid. Thru the practices, maybe he can get their attention long enough to give him a look.

The day will come when he gets his chance, I do expect him to do well when the time comes.

Braincase
11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I can feel the love in this thread. It's contagious.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 12:49 PM
I can feel the love in this thread. It's contagious.

The team is 3-6 Case...what do you expect?

We can't all be hugging each other -- that's reserved for guys that fit the "profile"...

The Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 12:57 PM

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Beisel has played MLB all of 5 games.

Mitchell has been playing it for the last 5 years.

To me they both suck, but I would say that Biesel might suck worse based on the lack of experience he has at the position. But seriously what do you expect? We take DEs, convert them to MLBs and safetys to corner.

Parker if you can, check your PMs.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I think you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Beisel has played MLB all of 5 games.

Mitchell has been playing it for the last 5 years.

To me they both suck, but I would say that Biesel might suck worse based on the lack of experience he has at the position. But seriously what do you expect? We take DEs, convert them to MLBs and safetys to corner.

Parker if you can, check your PMs.

Yeah, I think Laz is focusing on my defense of Mitchell earlier in the year and last year, when in reality it's more about my LACK of faith in Maz and/or Beisel. I'm done defending Mitchell. He's just as bad as the other two.

I checked my PM's, I don't have any.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I think Laz is focusing on my defense of Mitchell earlier in the year and last year, when in reality it's more about my LACK of faith in Maz and/or Beisel. I'm done defending Mitchell. He's just as bad as the other two.

I checked my PM's, I don't have any.

Weird.

I asked if you could PM me back the all-pro sliders for madden because the search feature is disabled.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Weird.

I asked if you could PM me back the all-pro sliders for madden because the search feature is disabled.

I saw your post over in the Games forum. Shakes posted them before I had a chance to respond.

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 02:17 PM
My panties are NOT in a wad.

Dude, I think you just admitted to wearing panties. :p

I am befuddled by the whole LB situation. I find it hard to believe that we used to plug in street free agents like Chris Martin, Walker Lee Ashley, Tracy Simien, Tracy Rogers, Lonnie Marts, and Anthony Davis and we got great LB play. Now we sign a supposedly solid LB like Barber and draft Mitchell in the 2nd round, and our linebacking sucks. We drafted Donnie Edwards and Greg Favors in the 4th round, and both became starters late in their rookie years. I am still rooting for Kawika, but how much time can we give him? And with Barber hurt, there's no reason Fox shouldn't be starting. Hell, his college teammate (Darryl Smith) broke the starting lineup of the team who had the 2nd best rushing defense last year. Yet Fox can't crack our stellar lineup.

HC_Chief
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I think it's Giunta.

Brock
11-16-2004, 02:20 PM

I am befuddled by the whole LB situation. I find it hard to believe that we used to plug in street free agents like Chris Martin, Walker Lee Ashley, Tracy Simien, Tracy Rogers, Lonnie Marts, and Anthony Davis and we got great LB play.

From what I have heard, the Chiefs used to actually hit in practice a lot, now there is very little of it.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 02:24 PM
From what I have heard, the Chiefs used to actually hit in practice a lot, now there is very little of it.

You are correct.

At TC, I asked Ivan Carter if they hit a lot in practice and he laughed and said no.

No tackling drills, no live contact.

Half speed all the time, which is what we usually see on Sunday from the D anyway.

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
You are correct.

At TC, I asked Ivan Carter if they hit a lot in practice and he laughed and said no.

Half speed all the time, which is what we usually see on Sunday from the D anyway.

Do we know for sure if any other teams go full speed and tackle during practice? I can't believe that the Chiefs would be the only team that doesn't hit. Whatever happened to that innovative tackle drill that Gunther raved about in the offseason that he learned from Chuck Cecil? I guess they decided not to do it?

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 02:39 PM

I am befuddled by the whole LB situation. I find it hard to believe that we used to plug in street free agents like Chris Martin, Walker Lee Ashley, Tracy Simien, Tracy Rogers, Lonnie Marts, and Anthony Davis and we got great LB play. Now we sign a supposedly solid LB like Barber and draft Mitchell in the 2nd round, and our linebacking sucks. We drafted Donnie Edwards and Greg Favors in the 4th round, and both became starters late in their rookie years. I am still rooting for Kawika, but how much time can we give him? And with Barber hurt, there's no reason Fox shouldn't be starting. Hell, his college teammate (Darryl Smith) broke the starting lineup of the team who had the 2nd best rushing defense last year. Yet Fox can't crack our stellar lineup.

I'm just about to say it is our coaching, but IMHO it's both, players and coaches. Fujita is OK, Mitchell was a reach, Biesel was a converted DE, Barber hasn't done what he was brought here to do,Caver is a serviceable backup, Jomes is a backup ,ST's player. We drafted Fox and gor Scanlon as a UFA, which both Fox and Scanlon was both projected in the top 10 LB's of the draft.

IMHO, I would like to see us start Fox, and Scanlon, they both have the talent, just need playing time to adjust to the NFL. IMHO, if Gun would spend sometime with this group, we would have Mitchell, Jones, Caver and Biesel as backups. Let's see if these kids can cut it before the end of the year. :hmmm:

I'm ROYC75 and I approve this message.

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 02:41 PM
You are correct.

That's true now, DV even says so. Says they would kill each other during the week.

Douche Baggins
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
That's really lame. The Chiefs need to start going full speed in practice.

It won't happen under Vermeil. :shake:

2bikemike
11-16-2004, 03:04 PM

Actually Donnie Edward only had 1 start his rookie year IIRC it was the thanksgiving day game against Detroit.

However he did start every game the following year.

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 03:04 PM
That's really lame. The Chiefs need to start going full speed in practice.

It won't happen under Vermeil. :shake:

I agree, a backup wanting to make his stance to play can't play full speed and hit the guy with the ball ?

It's turning into a pussy game, might as well break out flags and stap them on. Then could draft big baboons with long arms and teach them to pull the flags off.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Do we know for sure if any other teams go full speed and tackle during practice? I can't believe that the Chiefs would be the only team that doesn't hit. Whatever happened to that innovative tackle drill that Gunther raved about in the offseason that he learned from Chuck Cecil? I guess they decided not to do it?

Yes, I know for a fact other teams do tackling drills.

I took my brother to Albany to see the Giants TC 2 straight years (one under Fassell, one under Coughlin) and both of those years they did tackling drills.

I know Marty does tackling drills from what IC said.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Guys, I know I ragged on KCJohnny pretty hard, and I still will when he starts his Marty/Gunther lovefest...

But I'm fed up with Vermeil...it's time for him to get the **** out of KC.

jiveturkey
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I wonder what the reasoning is behind not hitting in practice? It hasn't prevented injuries and it seem like we have a much longer injury list than our opponents most weeks.

jiveturkey
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Guys, I know I ragged on KCJohnny pretty hard, and I still will when he starts his Marty/Gunther lovefest...

But I'm fed up with Vermeil...it's time for him to get the **** out of KC.I'm with ya.