PDA

View Full Version : Help me with what to think of an actress

Baby Lee
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Just started on the DVD set of Season 1 of Dead Like Me, and the clear cut fascination of this show is I can't figure out what to make of the lead actress, Ellen Muth.
My first impression was that she was maybe 13. Then it turns out from the storyline that she's 18, and she's now 23 in real life. OK, still shades of pedophilia there, but officially she's an adult. Then, I alternate between thinking she's; very pretty, interestingly attractive, a butterface, or just plain weird looking. So those who have seen the show, what your take? Because I'm intrigued yet bemused.

I would add a pic, but IMDB has some format to keep them from being dowloaded or hotlinked. So here are the links.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0348913/Ss/0348913/dead_like_me-g7-5-m.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Muth,%20Ellen

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0616091/photogallery-ss-0

Oh, BTW - I'm still early in the DVD set, so if you're gonna add spoilers, or diverge into discussing the show, give warning.

BIG_DADDY
11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Looks cute to me.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
It would appear you are easily amused ?

jcroft
11-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I'd hit it.

But then, I've always liked the young ones.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
That's a great show....and you'd hit her.

Jenson71
11-15-2004, 05:59 PM
She kinda looks like LeAnn Rhimes (sp?). That's being pretty generous.

Baby Lee
11-15-2004, 06:03 PM
That's a great show....and you'd hit her.
Oh probably. But she is honestly fascinating. One minute I'm thinking "gawd those eyes are far apart." Another I'm thinking "that's a fivehead, not a forehead." Then it's "when did the bees sting her lips?" Then there's a costume change and it's "who put the bewbies on the tennybopper?"
Thing is, she's sharing the stage with Rebecca Gayheart [rrrwwwrrrrr!!!!], then that other actress girl [not sure who she is, but definately more conventionally 'hot']. Further, she's sharing the stage with the most dependable scene stealer out there, Mandy Patinkin. Yet she owns every scene, and looks different from scene to scene to scene.

BigOlChiefsfan
11-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Young teacher the subject of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly, knows what she wants to be
Inside her there's longing
This girl is an open page
Book marking she's so close now
This girl is half his age
Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me
Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes its not so easy
To be the teachers pet
Temptation, frustration so bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop she's waiting
His car is warm and dry
Loose, talk, in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staff room
The accusations fly
Its no use he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in that book by Nabakov

old_geezer
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
At the risk of setting myself up for for a lynching, I'll add my .02 worth.

I love the show. It's the kinky, wierd, and highly irreverant type of humor that I find irresistable. Sacred cows are not just slaughtered; they're mutilated beyond recognition. :)

I also agree with you about Ellen Muth's looks (or lack there-of). I do not find her attractive, but she has a highly unusual look about her that draws me to wonder just how I really think about her looks. Sometimes she looks quite respectable; other times I want to close my eyes. She definitly looks better (IMO) when her mouth isn't stretched to outragous proportions by her smile. Also she appears to be anorexic (sp?). In the season 2 shows she appears to be a bag of bones. But as I stated, I still love the show.

Miles
11-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Great show :thumb:

Yeah I have noticed that too. She can look anywhere from hot, decent, weird, or overly tanned depending on the scene. I think she definitly looks here age though.

Valiant
11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
great great show..and yea she is kinda attractive in a anna nicole smith way..

The Pedestrian
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't see a reason not to....

Taco John
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Looks like she's got a gimp leg...

Phobia
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Oh probably. But she is honestly fascinating. One minute I'm thinking "gawd those eyes are far apart." Another I'm thinking "that's a fivehead, not a forehead." Then it's "when did the bees sting her lips?" Then there's a costume change and it's "who put the bewbies on the tennybopper?"

I think she would make a fantastic candidate for that "Swan" show.

bkkcoh
11-15-2004, 10:09 PM
All she needs is to have a school uniform on and that would be a fantasy for a lot of guys on the board.

Fairplay
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
She looks like shes pissed off in all those pics.

The chick doesn't know how to smile.

morphius
11-15-2004, 11:12 PM
She looks young to me, and not in a good way. But I'm a very big believer in, "to each their own".

mikey23545
11-16-2004, 02:00 AM
If you like the looks of that, I hope you don't live near an elementary school...

Miles
11-16-2004, 02:03 AM
She looks like shes pissed off in all those pics.

The chick doesn't know how to smile.

She is supposed to be pissed...her character from the show those pics are from is a dead chick.