PDA

View Full Version : Holmes likely out again for Chiefs

The Naked Chef
11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-holmes&prov=ap&type=lgns

November 15, 2004
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Priest Holmes will likely miss next Monday night's game against the New England Patriots with sprained knee ligaments, the same injury that kept him out of Kansas City's loss to New Orleans on Sunday's loss to New Orleans.

``I would say he's out,'' Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said Monday. ``I think he's made a little progress, but he's got a long ways to go. I don't see him being any different than it was last week.''

Holmes, who leads the NFL in scoring with 90 points and ranks third in the AFC in rushing with 892 yards, injured his right knee against Tampa Bay on Nov. 7. While he sat out the 27-20 loss to the Saints, his replacement, Derrick Blaylock, ran for 186 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Vermeil said he does not expect Holmes will need surgery.

``That has not been expressed to me,'' Vermeil said. ``Those sprains, they give them degrees, and everybody comes back at a different tempo. He always comes back quickly. But he's sprained that knee before so there's some other issues there as well.

``So we'll just be patient with him. We won't bring him back too fast, believe me.''

Kansas City is 3-6.

Hydrae
11-15-2004, 05:53 PM
This is just a ploy to get back at the way Belicheck doesn't really get truthful with his injury report. Turn about is fair play and Bill deserves this in spades.

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
I would say there's a pretty good chance Priest will play this week.

FAX
11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
This is just a ploy to get back at the way Belicheck doesn't really get truthful with his injury report. Turn about is fair play and Bill deserves this in spades.

Interesting take, Mr. Hydrae. Likely true. Although, were I king, I would hold out all the stars from this point on this season ... Trent, TR, Gonzo, etc., showcase the 2nd and 3rd stringers to build trade value, then get Gun what he needs on D in FA to make our run for the SB next year.

FAX THE THOUGHTFUL

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Interesting take, Mr. Hydrae. Likely true. Although, were I king, I would hold out all the stars from this point on this season ... Trent, TR, Gonzo, etc., showcase the 2nd and 3rd stringers to build trade value, then get Gun what he needs on D in FA to make our run for the SB next year.

FAX THE THOUGHTFUL

I think you will see more of that after KC loses their 8th game.

FAX
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM

Really, Mr. UserName?

FAX THE ASTONISHED

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Really, Mr. UserName?

FAX THE ASTONISHED

The Chiefs won't give up until it's really over.

Logical
11-15-2004, 06:03 PM

So only a couple more weeks to go then, eh?

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
So only a couple more weeks to go then, eh?

Actually I see the Chiefs winning their next three since two are at home and the third is against the Raiders. Tennessee will probably beat us then and the Chargers will beat us in the last game of the year.

I'm officially predicting 8-8. Shitty.

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but yesterday I saw an injured Moss and Duce Staley standing on the sidelines cheering their teamates on and every shot of Priest was him sitting on the bench.

Just an observation.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but yesterday I saw an injured Moss and Duce Staley standing on the sidelines cheering their teamates on and every shot of Priest was him sitting on the bench.

Just an observation.

Wasn't happy either, no cheer in him at all. :shake:

FAX
11-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Actually I see the Chiefs winning their next three since two are at home and the third is against the Raiders. Tennessee will probably beat us then and the Chargers will beat us in the last game of the year.

I'm officially predicting 8-8. Shitty.

With all respect, Mr. UserName, surely you agree that it is impossible to predict what this team will do week to week. We are so inconsistently prepared that we defeat powerful opponents and lose to terrible teams.

How can one predict how many turnovers or penalties we will have in a particular game? And these events, of course, are playing a major role in determining the outcomes of our contests.

FAX THE MORE UNCERTAIN THAN YOU ARE

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 06:14 PM

Just an observation.

To be honest they didn't show him much later in the game. And while he was sitting down early, later on during the game they showed shots of him standing.

Sure-Oz
11-15-2004, 06:17 PM
I think priest wished he was out there, that guy is all heart, i really hope he comes back.

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 06:18 PM
With all respect, Mr. UserName, surely you agree that it is impossible to predict what this team will do week to week. We are so inconsistently prepared that we defeat powerful opponents and lose to terrible teams.

How can one predict how many turnovers or penalties we will have in a particular game? And these events, of course, are playing a major role in determining the outcomes of our contests.

FAX THE MORE UNCERTAIN THAN YOU ARE

I just see a big difference in the way this team plays at home as compared to how it plays on the road.

FAX
11-15-2004, 06:18 PM

Just an observation.

Perhaps, Mr. Nzoner 338, if you had a bad knee, you would prefer to sit?

DR. FAX

Sure-Oz
11-15-2004, 06:20 PM
I am such a homer i picked up our D against nE i have a feeling they will play their best on mnf at home, they tend to play best at home lately...

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Perhaps, Mr. Nzoner 338, if you had a bad knee, you would prefer to sit?

DR. FAX

Point being Mr.Fax that the other two players mentioned also had bad wheels and I thought Priest looked like he was hurting,enough so that I just don't see him playing Monday.

Nzoner...the observationist

FloridaChief
11-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Dick Vermeil thinks otherwise, as per the Dick Vermeil Show on KCFX.

"Priest will not be back next week."

"Beisel is doubtful."

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Well, I talked to Priest today...oh, wait, no I didn't.

TEX
11-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Wonder if the knee thing will play out like his hip in that it was much worse than initial reports indicated? :hmmm:

FAX
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Point being Mr.Fax that the other two players mentioned also had bad wheels and I thought Priest looked like he was hurting,enough so that I just don't see him playing Monday.

Nzoner...the observationist

I meant no offense, Mr. Nzoner 338. However, I believe I may have misinterpreted your meaning. Please forgive my impertinence. I assumed you were commenting on Priest's interest in the game rather than the state of his health.

FAX

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
I meant no offense, Mr. Nzoner 338. However, I believe I may have misinterpreted your meaning. Please forgive my impertinence. I assumed you were commenting on Priest's interest in the game rather than the state of his health.

FAX

No problem,one players heart and desire for the game I would never question is that of Priest Holmes.

FAX
11-15-2004, 06:34 PM
No problem,one players heart and desire for the game I would never question is that of Priest Holmes.

I fully agree.

FAX

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2004, 07:20 PM
No chance in hell we baet NE without Priest. It was a long shot to win anyway but their d-line will eat DB's linch. He plays good but he's not Holmes.

Chan93lx50
11-15-2004, 07:39 PM
No chance in hell we baet NE without Priest. It was a long shot to win anyway but their d-line will eat DB's linch. He plays good but he's not Holmes.

I have to agree with Daddy T here!

We have lost to two of the worst team in the NFL in the last two weeks.

This week we are playing the Champions, the high class of the NFL. We are going to get slapped around.

I have a bad bad feeling that Monday nights game is going to get really really ugly.

stevieray
11-15-2004, 08:09 PM

I disagree, don't forget the line DB is running behind. He won't put up 187 yards, but he'll produce.

Inspector
11-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I fully agree.

FAX

Not to get nit-picky, but shouldn't that be "FAX the agreeable"?

Inspector the consistent

Sure-Oz
11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
I honestly think we will win, i don't think NE will kick our ass, no way not in arrowhead, we have not gotten blown out this year, won't happen now, we win.

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Plain and simple Vermeil isn't going to play Holmes and get him killed. I'm not very opimistic about KC's chances against NE in general.

RedandGold
11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling that if we had won the game in New Orleans, Priest's condition would have been "questionable" instead of "doubtful".

With our playoff hopes basically being flushed with that loss, I don't expect Priest to see the field unless he is close to 100%.

patteeu
11-15-2004, 10:31 PM

That makes sense to me. I hope you are right. Until then, I want to see KC playing to win not to evaluate. (Although I'd be in favor of some benchings to send messages to underperforming players... *cough*Jerome Woods*cough*).

patteeu
11-15-2004, 10:32 PM
I just see a big difference in the way this team plays at home as compared to how it plays on the road.

I think the defense performs better with the voice of the fans at their back.

TRR
11-15-2004, 10:40 PM
To be honest, I see this as Priest Holmes last season in the NFL. The only reason I think he came back this season was because he thought we had a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl.

FWIW, I believe his "retirement" talk really hurt the team chemistry before the season even got started.

Count Zarth
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM
I think the defense performs better with the voice of the fans at their back.

And the offense is undoubtedly more comfortable.