PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to talk about the 2005 draft yet?

Ralphy Boy
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Maybe I should have called this thread the "Draft Antrel Rolle Campaign"...oh well.
We are currently, as if you don't already know, 3 & 6. The only teams drafting ahead of us for sure, if the draft were tomorrow, are San Francisco, Carolina and Miami. Miami is sure to take a RB or QB and San Fran sure to take a QB. The only team who, at this point would draft ahead of us, that could take Antrel Rolle is Carolina, but they just took Gamble last year and have Manning and I'd think they're looking more for Safety help.

7 other teams besides us are 3 & 6 (Tampa, Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, Oakland, Dallas & Washington also have the same record) and everyone of them could take a CB.

Vincent is old in Buffalo, but they and Tampa are near the top in pass defense and have other issues on offense to address.
Washington has Smoot coming a FA and is missing Bailey, so they could go in that direction, but their O needs help more.

Tennessee, Cleveland and Dallas rank in the middle of the pack and everyone of them could take him. Tennessee took Woolfolk 2 years ago in the first and Samari Rolle is still performing at a high level.
Cleveland could use him now although I think their O-line will take precedence. Dallas really could take him but given Parcells doesn't like having a struggling young secondary now...

I think we could have a legit shot at this kid and would love it if we drafted him. Then again, I'm sure we'll play our way to a middle of the first round pick only to trade down again.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
If we are choosing that high up in the draft, which I don't think we will be, i'd take Derrick Johnson at this point.

TEX
11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Yes - DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

SoCalBronco
11-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Rolle...No. But you guys can have Leon Williams.

Rausch
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I wonder how many safeties we'll take this year...

ChiTown
11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
I wonder how many safeties we'll take this year...

Depends on how many "quality" fullbacks are available....

jiveturkey
11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
If we are choosing that high up in the draft, which I don't think we will be, i'd take Derrick Johnson at this point.I'm with you.

Inspector
11-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it feels kinda like the off season has already started, dang it!

Man, this is a gonna be a loooong one.

royr17
11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
I rather have Rolle than Johnson, Fox will replace Barber, and we need help at Corner too, i would take a WR also that early too ...

ChiTown
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, it feels kinda like the off season has already started, dang it!

Man, this is a gonna be a loooong one.

Yeah. Amazingly enough, I can still remember how phucking horrible the baseball season was after the Royals petered out in May.......GAWDAMN, IT SUCKS TO BE A FAN OF KC SPORTS TEAMS RIGHT NOW! :cuss:

Rausch
11-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Depends on how many "quality" fullbacks are available....

This is true. The trend lately has been away from safety and towards FB. :hmmm:

Pants
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I rather have Rolle than Johnson, Fox will replace Barber, and we need help at Corner too, i would take a WR also that early too ...

Rich Scanlon?

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm on the Derrick Johnson bandwagon