PDA

View Full Version : Rich Scanlon???

LiL stumppy
11-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Who he is,everyone always talks about him and its sooo funny when someone says his name.Whats the deal,did I miss something?

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Roy will be along in a moment to enlighten you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
did I miss something?
uh.....yes.

LiL stumppy
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
And whats that?

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
He is a LB we picked up as an undrafted FA. RoyC75 pimped him hard and was laughed at a lot. I hope the dude makes it. Only three more injuries at LB and he'll see the field.

royr17
11-15-2004, 08:13 PM
I'll tell you who he is, he is the chiefs new starter at MLB next year ...

Spicy McHaggis
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
You haven't heard of the man who killed the last ebony rhino to use it's horn as a tooth pick? The man who is soley responsible for the fall of communism? The man who shorn his head of full bodied hair to make a blanket for homeless orphans in India? The man who...

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll tell you who he is, he is the chiefs new starter at MLB next year ...

More likely the Berlin Thunder's or Frankfurt Galaxy's MLB starter first.

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
You haven't heard of the man who killed the last ebony rhino to use it's horn as a tooth pick? The man who is soley responsible for the fall of communism? The man who shorn his head of full bodied hair to make a blanket for homeless orphans in India? The man who...
He kicked MIKE PETERSON'S ass, that's who he is...

Wile_E_Coyote
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Rich Scallion is a Dick Weed

royr17
11-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Scanlon has more talent than Mitchell, Guarnteed, of course the coaching staffs head is so far up there ass that they cant see this.

ChiTown
11-15-2004, 08:45 PM
He kicked MIKE PETERSON'S ass, that's who he is...

I thought it was Mike Keck :hmmm:

:)

Phobia
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Scanlon has more talent than Mitchell, Guarnteed, of course the coaching staffs head is so far up there ass that they cant see this.

You're only a fan of Scanlon because he's never been laid either.

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
I thought it was Mike Keck :hmmm:

:)
Nah. MIKE PETERSON met Mike Keck at the airport once and kicked his ass, while at the same time stopping six terrorists from hijacking Air Force One.

ChiTown
11-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Nah. MIKE PETERSON met Mike Keck at the airport once and kicked his ass, while at the same time stopping six terrorists from hijacking Air Force One.

Ahhhh. So, what you are saying, in a sense, is that Rich Scanlon doesn't suck, and he sucks even less than Mike Peterson, and twice as less as Mike Keck. That about right?

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Ahhhh. So, what you are saying, in a sense, is that Rich Scanlon doesn't suck, and he sucks even less than Mike Peterson, and twice as less as Mike Keck. That about right?
Sounds good to me! :thumb:

Except that's MIKE PETERSON, not Mike Peterson. You're thinking of the wrong dude.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Who he is,everyone always talks about him and its sooo funny when someone says his name.Whats the deal,did I miss something?

Most of the members here are poking fun at me, which is fine, it's all good fun. My son on the bandwagon because of Dear Ole Dad, what can I say. This all came about during preseason and TC.

The Chiefs were lacking a good MLB, we all knew this, we have discussed it at great lengths for sometime. At times, certain members take an interest to a player, wether it be a cult thing or they see things in a player that others do not. It's been this way since the planet was formed.

I took special intrest in the MLB during preseason, basically since Maz went out last year, I was not impressed with Mitchell. So I wanted to watch Mitchell to see if he has improved, what the Chiefs are going to do at MLB because Maz didn't appear to available this year.

Mitchell showed me nothing, then got injured. But while watching all the LB's we had, I noticed Rich Scanlon. Never knew a thing about him other than watching him. As a rookie in his 1st 2 preseason games, I saw him do things that Mitchel has yet to do, or at least show us he could do. I wanted to see more. Then the cuts started coming, the 3rd game he didn't get in until the 4th qtr. Then the last game, again, late 4th qtr.

I got excited of the 2 games he played wel in, wanted to see more of him. Although most members here will not admit it, they didn't notice him the 1st 2 games, so what they saw the last 2 games didn't justify my claims.

Thru all the cuts, the Chiefs saw enough in his limited playing time to keep him around the team all year on the PS. Now he is on the active roster by default, which is another reason they want to poke fun.

The predraft reports on him were good, very good, matter of fact he was in most draft reports to be top 10 LB's in the country, same as Fox. We get him as a UFA , most people want to look down on him because he wasn't drafted. That's right, we have 2 top 10 LB's from most predraft reports on this team from the draft.

I still hold firm to what I have seen plus the reports on him, his ability to shead blockers, the angle he approaches to the ball, sure tackler, aggressive style of play and hard hitting. Reports have labled him smart, easy to learn schemes, quick to read a play and drop into coverage along with being a very good ST player.

It's not asking to much to have a guy on the team that shead blockers and make tackles. Is it ?

I was pissed we didn't get to see him more during preseason, many members poked some funand still continue to do so.

Again, it's a Chiefs Planet funtime moment..... but someday , this kid will get the chance to shine, when he does, I expect some members eyes will be glued to the tv sets thinking, Gee, ole Roy actually did see something in this kid.

BTA, I'm a dipshit, just ask Bob Dole. You know, it takes a dipshit to know a dipshit. On this BB, we have many dipshits ! :thumb:

go bowe
11-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Most of the members here are poking fun at me, which is fine, it's all good fun. My son on the bandwagon because of Dear Ole Dad, what can I say. This all came about during preseason and TC.

The Chiefs were lacking a good MLB, we all knew this, we have discussed it at great lengths for sometime. At times, certain members take an interest to a player, wether it be a cult thing or they see things in a player that others do not. It's been this way since the planet was formed.

I took special intrest in the MLB during preseason, basically since Maz went out last year, I was not impressed with Mitchell. So I wanted to watch Mitchell to see if he has improved, what the Chiefs are going to do at MLB because Maz didn't appear to available this year.

Mitchell showed me nothing, then got injured. But while watching all the LB's we had, I noticed Rich Scanlon. Never knew a thing about him other than watching him. As a rookie in his 1st 2 preseason games, I saw him do things that Mitchel has yet to do, or at least show us he could do. I wanted to see more. Then the cuts started coming, the 3rd game he didn't get in until the 4th qtr. Then the last game, again, late 4th qtr.

I got excited of the 2 games he played wel in, wanted to see more of him. Although most members here will not admit it, they didn't notice him the 1st 2 games, so what they saw the last 2 games didn't justify my claims.

Thru all the cuts, the Chiefs saw enough in his limited playing time to keep him around the team all year on the PS. Now he is on the active roster by default, which is another reason they want to poke fun.

The predraft reports on him were good, very good, matter of fact he was in most draft reports to be top 10 LB's in the country, same as Fox. We get him as a UFA , most people want to look down on him because he wasn't drafted. That's right, we have 2 top 10 LB's from most predraft reports on this team from the draft.

I still hold firm to what I have seen plus the reports on him, his ability to shead blockers, the angle he approaches to the ball, sure tackler, aggressive style of play and hard hitting. Reports have labled him smart, easy to learn schemes, quick to read a play and drop into coverage along with being a very good ST player.

It's not asking to much to have a guy on the team that shead blockers and make tackles. Is it ?

I was pissed we didn't get to see him more during preseason, many members poked some funand still continue to do so.

Again, it's a Chiefs Planet funtime moment..... but someday , this kid will get the chance to shine, when he does, I expect some members eyes will be glued to the tv sets thinking, Gee, ole Roy actually did see something in this kid.

BTA, I'm a dipshit, just ask Bob Dole. You know, it takes a dipshit to know a dipshit. On this BB, we have many dipshits ! :thumb:did you take the test?

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 09:54 PM
did you take the test?

Yes I did, I don't want to be left out of anything. :rolleyes:
ROFL

go bowe
11-15-2004, 09:56 PM
i hope scanlon gets a chance to play while some of the regulars are out with injuries...

the kid has some potential... :thumb:

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
More likely the Berlin Thunder's or Frankfurt Galaxy's MLB starter first.

Nice call ! :clap:

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Yay Rich Scanlon! I bet we could find about 4-5 more threads to talk about Rich today.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 10:45 AM
I ain't got time for Rich Scanlon no mo'. Brett Fischer is the unheard of noboby that's gonna turn the world on its ear.

Go Brett Fischer!

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Yay Rich Scanlon! I bet we could find about 4-5 more threads to talk about Rich today.

HA Ha ... maybe I'm try'n to piss a few guys off today since I have nothing to do !
:hmmm:

cookster50
05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm a dipshit, just ask Bob Dole. You know, it takes a dipshit to know a dipshit. On this BB, we have many dipshits !

Most intelligent post I've seen in a while.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 10:53 AM
HA Ha ... maybe I'm try'n to piss a few guys off today since I have nothing to do !
:hmmm:

Shouldnt you be breaking down NFLEL film on Scanlon?

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Most intelligent post I've seen in a while.

Dipshit.

jspchief
Yay Rich Scanlon! I bet we could find about 4-5 more threads to talk about Rich today.We just drafted arguably the best LB in college football, and all we can do is talk about an undrafted RFA that couldn't crack the worst LB line-up in the NFL, and a 5th round trampoline champion that's more quoteable than Shakepseare.

It's no wonder we keep coming back, we're all retarded.

ROYC75
Shouldnt you be breaking down NFLEL film on Scanlon?

I should be making money today, but it's one of those quiet days, not much activity .

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
We just drafted arguably the best LB in college football, and all we can do is talk about an undrafted RFA that couldn't crack the worst LB line-up in the NFL, and a 5th round trampoline champion that's more quoteable than Shakepseare.

Didn't you mean dipshits ? ROFL

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 11:04 AM
We just drafted arguably the best LB in college football, and all we can do is talk about an undrafted RFA that couldn't crack the worst LB line-up in the NFL, and a 5th round trampoline champion that's more quoteable than Shakepseare.

You talk bad about Scanlon like that again and Roy's going to give you a classic neg rep whippin.

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Thats right, roy CLEARLY knows more than the coaching staff....
:shake:

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 11:11 AM
You talk bad about Scanlon like that again and Roy's going to give you a classic neg rep whippin.

Hardly, I can laugh right along with the sarcastic remarks and at the samr time give it back. I don't neg rep, amtter of fact I have given out some Pos rep for the humor.

Wanna try it again ?

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Hardly, I can laugh right along with the sarcastic remarks and at the samr time give it back. I don't neg rep, amtter of fact I have given out some Pos rep for the humor.

Wanna try it again ?

You wanna try finding sarcasm in jsp's post? The joke's on you and you dont know it. Im glad you can laugh with us.

jspchief
05-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Thats right, roy CLEARLY knows more than the coaching staff....
:shake:And that is why people are lining up to take shots at Roy and Scanlon.

Roy got excited about something he saw, and redefined exaggeration and hyperbole in the process of telling us about it. When other CP members pointed out how far-fetched his predictions were, instead of backing off and being a bit more realistic, he clung tighter to his emotions, and proceeded to quantify his claims by telling us he knows more about football than all of us and the coaches, and concocting absurd conspiracy theories to explain why Scanlon hadn't made the Hall of Fame yet.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
You wanna try finding sarcasm in jsp's post? The joke's on you and you dont know it. Im glad you can laugh with us.

Seems like it was directed to the whole Scanlon / Grisgby compairsons.

Basically the whole BB.

I guess you missed it .

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 11:23 AM

It's no wonder we keep coming back, we're all retarded.Don't forget the former Heisman winner who had no chance of getting signed but was all we heard about during rookie camp.

It's the underdog/long-shot syndrome. We've all had our moments.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 11:24 AM
And that is why people are lining up to take shots at Roy and Scanlon.

Roy got excited about something he saw, and redefined exaggeration and hyperbole in the process of telling us about it. When other CP members pointed out how far-fetched his predictions were, instead of backing off and being a bit more realistic, he clung tighter to his emotions, and proceeded to quantify his claims by telling us he knows more about football than all of us and the coaches, and concocting absurd conspiracy theories to explain why Scanlon hadn't made the Hall of Fame yet.

So how is my opinion, emotions different that many on here claiming about Grigsby ?

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 11:25 AM
So how is my opinion, emotions different that many on here claiming about Grigsby ?

Rich Scanlon doesn't have a cool nickname.

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
We have so much faith in Scanlon that we passed up drafting a linebacker not once, but twice.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Seems like it was directed to the whole Scanlon / Grisgby compairsons.

There is no comparison...one was drafted the other 'chose' one of the 32 teams. LOL.

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Its not. edit: Except that its been carried on far too far and long.

jspchief
05-05-2005, 11:29 AM
It's not that much different. I never claimed it was.

I'd say the Grigsby predictions have been a bit more tempered. I'd also say that the fact that the Chiefs saw more in Grigsby than Scanlon, makes Grigsby a better candidate to predict success from. And so far, no one has claimed have more football knowledge in their defense of Grigsby.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 11:31 AM
And so far, no one has claimed have more football knowledge...

There it is...

bricks
05-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Rich Scanlon is the people's b*tch....innocent young fellow

chiefs4me
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM

Let them rag on rich all they want to......when it comes down to it, he is the one seeing the world and playing pro football...not us.....so he must have some talent we all overlooked.:)

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
...so he must have some talent we all overlooked.:)

Must

resist

urge

to

comment.

ARGH!

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Matt Jones can run faster and jump higher than Rich Scanlon.

Brock
05-05-2005, 01:06 PM

You mean besides the fact that the Chiefs actually drafted Grigsby?

Baby Lee
05-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Because when someone says "hey! he's a small school rookie. let's wait until he takes the field to put him on the ring of honor." we say "good point," not "you all are just haters who don't know your ass from a hole in the ground."

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
You mean besides the fact that the Chiefs actually drafted Grigsby?

Just what is the issue here ?
Being drafted or undrafted ?
Being talented or not talented ?

One is drafted from a small school with talent.

The other is UDFA from big school, against good talent and currently playing against better talent now than before or the talented player from a small school ?

What issue to you care to discuss ?

Baby Lee
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Just what is the issue here ?
Being drafted or undrafted ?
Being talented or not talented ?

One is drafted from a small school with talent.

The other is UDFA from big school, against good talent and currently playing against better talent now than before or the talented player from a small school ?

What discuss? We're just chuckling at the Scanlon underoos you've sewn for yourself. :p

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Because when someone says "hey! he's a small school rookie. let's wait until he takes the field to put him on the ring of honor." we say "good point," not "you all are just haters who don't know your ass from a hole in the ground."

IMHO you have left alot of it. If that suits your views then you haven't been fair about the issues.

Let's talk about talent, not draft status. Keep in mind that Boomer hasn't hit the field for any of us to evaluate.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Matt Jones can run faster and jump higher than Rich Scanlon.

So what? Matt Jones can run faster and jump higher than Superman.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Let's talk about talent, not draft status. Keep in mind that Boomer hasn't hit the field for any of us to evaluate.

LOL...'us'.

Brock
05-05-2005, 01:26 PM

I don't care to discuss it at all. Just pointing out that 32 NFL teams took a pass on Scanlon 7 times, and have continued to do so when they could have claimed him during practice squad transactions. OTOH, Grigsby was claimed by a team during the draft, a team that usually recognizes later round gems, especially at linebacker. I'd say the evidence probably favors Grigsby.

jarjar
05-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Some little known facts about Rich Scanlon:

Rich Scanlon plays in NFL Europe.

Rich Scanlon Leads NFLE in tackles, interceptions, touchdowns, yards rushing, yards recieving, and number of bottle caps in his bottle cap collection.

Rich Scanlon gets yahtzee all the time, every time.

On Moh's hardness scale, diamond is a 10. Rich Scanlon is an 11.

Rich Scanlon can communicate with dolphins.

Rich Scanlon was the one who let the dogs out.

When no one was looking, Rich Scanlon sped up the Earth's rotation so it would be exactly twenty-four hours.

Rich Scanlon can indeed create a rock so large that he cannot lift it. But he doesn't want to.

In space, Rich Scanlon can hear you scream.

Rich Scanlon eats gunpowder and shits bullets.

Rich Scanlon can overclock a Commodore 64 to roughly 3600 petahertz.

Rich Scanlon once ate 5 turkeys in one sitting.

Rich Scanlon made the Kessel run in less than ten parsecs, two whole parsecs quicker than the Millennium Falcon.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Rich Scanlon made the Kessel run in less than ten parsecs, two whole parsecs quicker than the Millennium Falcon.

This is the kind of stuff you dont get through just film study.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't care to discuss it at all. Just pointing out that 32 NFL teams took a pass on Scanlon 7 times, and have continued to do so when they could have claimed him during practice squad transactions. OTOH, Grigsby was claimed by a team during the draft, a team that usually recognizes later round gems, especially at linebacker. I'd say the evidence probably favors Grigsby.

The proof will been found on the field during play;ala Priest Holmes.
In otherwards, Rich will have to prove himself because draft picks are not bust, they all make the teams rosters. :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 01:32 PM
This is all very confusing and leaves Bob Dole torn...

**** it.

Kris Griffin RULEZ!!!!

Brock
05-05-2005, 01:35 PM
The proof will been found on the field during play;ala Priest Holmes.
In otherwards, Rich will have to prove himself because draft picks are not bust, they all make the teams rosters. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: They both have to prove themselves. Just get your mind right and realize that a draft pick has a better chance of making the roster than an undrafted practice squad player. Goddamn, apply some logic.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes: They both have to prove themselves. Just get your mind right and realize that a draft pick has a better chance of making the roster than an undrafted practice squad player. Goddamn, apply some logic.

Uh, Ok, it's like I have never knew this ? Sheesh, thanks for bringing that one up ! :rolleyes:

All I have ever said is let the kid play, prove he is what I think he is, but that goes against the norm here because he went undrafted.

Wonder if Priest Holmes feels the same way that many here do.

Brock
05-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Uh, Ok, it's like I have never knew this ? Sheesh, thanks for bringing that one up ! :rolleyes:

All I have ever said is let the kid play, prove he is what I think he is, but that goes against the norm here because he went undrafted.

Way to apply one of the few very rare exceptions to try to prove a nonsensical point. Jeezus, I'm really beginning to understand why everyone laughs about this.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Way to apply one of the few very rare exceptions to try to prove a nonsensical point. Jeezus, I'm really beginning to understand why everyone laughs about this.

Who cares, I laugh at half the shit you guys post as well.

It makes for a good day ! :)

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Priest is an entirely different matter. He had knee injuries in college that dropped his stock. And he played behind Ricky Williams. What is Rich's excuse?

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Priest is an entirely different matter. He had knee injuries in college that dropped his stock. And he played behind Ricky Williams. What is Rich's excuse?

A hangnail ? :rolleyes:

The draft was deep with LB's and the NFL teams didn't need many LB's that year. Shortly before the draft, Rich let it be known he wanted a career in the medical field, it has been mentioned his stock dropped due to this.

IMHO, Bascially a combination of both was the reason. He graduated a year to early in reality. Had he of been available in this years draft, who knows where he would have went after the 1st round ?

All I will say is I believe in his ability to play this game.

Brock
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Shortly before the draft, Rich let it be known he wanted a career in themedical field, it has been mentioned his stock dropped due to this.

ROFL

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I take it you think Gil Brandt is funny too ?

Brock
05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
I take it you think Gil Brandt is funny too ?

Who doesn't?

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Who doesn't?

I don't, He did a good job drafting and helping the Cowboys to the top.

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 02:48 PM
A hangnail ? :rolleyes:

The draft was deep with LB's and the NFL teams didn't need many LB's that year. Shortly before the draft, Rich let it be known he wanted a career in the medical field, it has been mentioned his stock dropped due to this.Congratulations. That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read this week. That kind of bullshit takes real talent. You have a real future in bullshit.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Congratulations. That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read this week. That kind of bullshit takes real talent. You have a real future in bullshit.

Believe what you wish, that's the info I got and also was mentioned by Gil Brandt.

To me it's hear say, 2nd hand. That's why I said it was mentioned. I'm try'n to find a link to it as well but so far no such luck. The only thing I have found was Gil had him listed as in his top 10 LB's that year in the draft that was loaded with LB's.

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Believe what you wish, that's the info I got and also was mentioned by Gil Brandt.

To me it's hear say, 2nd hand. That's why I said it was mentioned. I'm try'n to find a link to it as well but so far no such luck. The only thing I have found was Gil had him listed as in his top 10 LB's that year in the draft that was loaded with LB's.31 linebackers were drafted last year, more than in any single draft since 2000 (33). That would seem to indicate there's a bit of a flaw in your statement that "NFL teams didn't need many LB's" last year. And with all due respect to Gil Brant, neither his nor any other member of the media's predraft rankings mean anything. The *fact* of the matter is that no NFL team, including the Chiefs, valued him enough to draft him. That's a fact, it's not open to dispute or interpretation.

As for the "medical career" excuse, well, teams will take risks on players if they believe there's talent there. We took a linebacker named Maurice Rodriguez in 2002 with a shoulder so injured that there was a chance he'd never play. And he hasn't. But we took a shot because we thought he might. If teams thought Scanlon was worth anything as a player heading into the draft, one of them would have taken him.

ROYC75
05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
31 linebackers were drafted last year, more than in any single draft since 2000 (33). That would seem to indicate there's a bit of a flaw in your statement that "NFL teams didn't need many LB's" last year. And with all due respect to Gil Brant, neither his nor any other member of the media's predraft rankings mean anything. The *fact* of the matter is that no NFL team, including the Chiefs, valued him enough to draft him. That's a fact, it's not open to dispute or interpretation.

As for the "medical career" excuse, well, teams will take risks on players if they believe there's talent there. We took a linebacker named Maurice Rodriguez in 2002 with a shoulder so injured that there was a chance he'd never play. And he hasn't. But we took a shot because we thought he might. If teams thought Scanlon was worth anything as a player heading into the draft, one of them would have taken him.

OK, you have me, I fugged up. I forgot to mention MLB and said LB's.

I have failed, Oh dear, whatever shall I do now ? :rolleyes:

Why did Brandt have him listed as one of the top 10 LB's in the draft ? Beats the hell out of me if he was only TC fodder and /or PS material.