PDA

View Full Version : It SUX to Have A CHIEFS Game Room...

TEX
11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
When they $UCK so bad. I've got memorabilia that spans 3 + decades, pictures, framed jerseys, Danberry Mint figures and stadiums, lamps, furniture, tables, chairs etc... the room is painted white and trimmed in CHIEFS Red with an arrowhead border containing 128 logos and the carpet is gold. My closet is a set of lockers that look just like the Chief Player lockers, and I have wall boxes that contain specific player memorbilia and I even have a photograph Ring of Honor which consists of ever player currently inducted in the CHIEFS Ring Of Honor. I also have a custom sign that reads ," Welcome to ARROWHEAD SOUTH that is prominately displayed over the air hockey table so it's the first thing one reads upon entering. The big screan is encased in a black oval so it looks like the Jumbo-tron at Arrowhead complete with a Price Chopper and Coka-Cola sign on each side. I even have actual Arrowhead stadium seating as I purchased 3 seats about 8 years ago when some of the old ones were for sale. I'm telling ya, I went all out as I planned this thing for years and finally finished it last season. And to top it off I got a Blue Heeler pup last year and named her "KC"! (Too bad I didn't give her a middle name) All this slaps me in the face every time I enter or when I call my dog by name. So, even though I don't live in Kansis City, and never have, I feel your pain! Sometimes it SUX to be a CHIEFS fan... :cuss:

stevieray
11-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Wow. I'd love to have a Chiefs room like that.

Except I'd name the dog Lamar.

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Can you post some pictures?

Spicy McHaggis
11-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Are you the one that had pictures of their game room posted a while back? I remember wetting myself at the sight.

TEX
11-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Wow. I'd love to have a Chiefs room like that.

Except I'd name the dog Lamar.

ROFL

Well I'm sure yours would be better Stevie, as I've seen some of your work. I'm also intending to purchase one of your Chief prints some day as that would really add to the room.

I'd also like to get a picture of you in your Touchdown Elvis garb as I have one of Belly Boy and Weird Wolf that I took at the Denver 37 Forever Game last year. Too bad you weren't in your threads for that one...Don't worry, you did make the cut and are on display, but all you had were your sideburns at the time. The only bad thing about the pic is that my EX is included - I've been meaning to cut her out - just haven't gotten around to it... :rolleyes:

MadMax
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
When they $UCK so bad. I've got memorabilia that spans 3 + decades, pictures, framed jerseys, Danberry Mint figures and stadiums, lamps, furniture, tables, chairs etc... the room is painted white and trimmed in CHIEFS Red with an arrowhead border containing 128 logos and the carpet is gold. My closet is a set of lockers that look just like the Chief Player lockers, and I have wall boxes that contain specific player memorbilia and I even have a photograph Ring of Honor which consists of ever player currently inducted in the CHIEFS Ring Of Honor. I also have a custom sign that reads ," Welcome to ARROWHEAD SOUTH that is prominately displayed over the air hockey table so it's the first thing one reads upon entering. The big screan is encased in a black oval so it looks like the Jumbo-tron at Arrowhead complete with a Price Chopper and Coka-Cola sign on each side. I even have actual Arrowhead stadium seating as I purchased 3 seats about 8 years ago when some of the old ones were for sale. I'm telling ya, I went all out as I planned this thing for years and finally finished it last season. And to top it off I got a Blue Heeler pup last year and named her "KC"! (Too bad I didn't give her a middle name) All this slaps me in the face every time I enter or when I call my dog by name. So, even though I don't live in Kansis City, and never have, I feel your pain! Sometimes it SUX to be a CHIEFS fan... :cuss:

Dude, while it sucks to be a Chief fan right now, I would never be ashamed of a room like that even if we went 0-16. I believe you posted pics a while back and most of us here would kill for a set up like that...Hang in there bro, lifes too short. :thumb:

TEX
11-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Are you the one that had pictures of their game room posted a while back? I remember wetting myself at the sight.

Yes, but I'm RETARDED when it comes to posting picks and it took me about 3 days to learn how. I'll do it again someday soon if I can remember how. I seem to remember that my clunker computer wasn't able to handle the memory or something like that.

Georgann Hemery, Carl Peterson's Executive Secretary, has a picture up in her office, or at least she used to. She's the one that gave me the CHIEFS red PMS color code...

Taco John
11-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Well I'm sure yours would be better Stevie, as I've seen some of your work. I'm also intending to purchase one of your Chief prints some day as that would really ass to the room.

Ummmmmmm.... Tell me I misread that...

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM

It's like a death,,,I feel your pain,,,,try having some of the above mentioned and also clocks,windchimes,coolers,flags,credit card,checkbook,license plate,keychains,crockpots,coffee mugs,,,oh the list goes on and on,,,,:deevee:

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd also like to get a picture of you in your Touchdown Elvis garb

There's a couple of good ones in the CP pictures.

TEX
11-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Ummmmmmm.... Tell me I misread that...

You read it right - I fixed it. Your even represented as I have a picture taken a few years ago where some folks made you a sign that reads,"TUCK YOU FACO!" ;)

TEX
11-15-2004, 09:51 PM
There's a couple of good ones in the CP pictures.

Thanks! :thumb:

KCWolfman
11-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Did you have the room in the 80s?

TEX
11-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Did you have the room in the 80s?

Um... no because I was in High School and didn't own a house. But I do have memorabillia displayed from the '80's.

KCWolfman
11-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Um... no because I was in High School and didn't own a house. But I do have memorabillia displayed from the '80's.
Ahhh, well, football teams have ups and downs. The 80s was a low for quite some time. Hell, the latter 70s sucked. If I can live through Chiefs hell for that long, I can manage a few bad seasons tucked in with the good ones.