PDA

View Full Version : So this year we REALLY do NEED to draft a safety and a fullback, right?

John_Wayne
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
We need a FB to replace Tony R in the next year or two. Our safeties have been exposed. Woods and/or Wesley need to be replaced. I guess it's not a joke any longer. We really do need to draft a FB and S this year.

RedandGold
11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
I have a feeling that Kris Wilson will be the one to replace T-Rich when that time comes.

The safeties, on the other hand, are another story.

Count Alex's Losses
11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
I think we have our safeties of the future already on the roster in Harts/Pile.

Fullback is probably a need, but certainly not a high pick. The Chiefs need to draft a stud LB, DE or CB with their high picks.

TEX
11-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Or we could get a REAL CB or two and play our converted Safeties at the Safety position where they fuggin belong. :shake:

el borracho
11-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Wilson should inherit T-Rich's job.
If we are smart we will see Harts and Pile in the remaining games this season and see if they are any good.

Saggysack
11-16-2004, 12:43 AM
It has been my belief since day 1 that Battle would be better suited to play safety rather than CB. He just looks like he plays too stiff and upright to play CB. I would prefer a CB that is fluid in his motions rather than someone just trying to go thru the motions.

If I were making the decisions I would dump Woods and move Battle into the FS role. Woods has been from week to week the weak link on defense this year. But don't think Wesley gets a pass from me. He needs to improve too.

Count Alex's Losses
11-16-2004, 12:46 AM
If I were making the decisions I would dump Woods and move Battle into the FS role. Woods has been from week to week the weak link on defense this year. But don't think Wesley gets a pass from me. He needs to improve too.

Unfortunately we don't have the defensive mastermind that can go about implementing that change. Gunther certainly has shown no desire to do something like that.

Fairplay
11-16-2004, 01:29 AM
I think we have our safeties of the future already on the roster in Harts/Pile.

Fullback is probably a need, but certainly not a high pick. The Chiefs need to draft a stud LB, DE or CB with their high picks.

I second that motion. Safety, no.

J Diddy
11-16-2004, 03:50 AM
Here's an idea..

Draft a real corner and move our corners BACK to safety.

Rausch
11-16-2004, 03:59 AM
This man is on iggy for a reason...

royr17
11-16-2004, 04:36 AM
I wouldnt feel too bad seeing the Chiefs move Bartee to FS, i would almost bet that Bartee would do better at FS than CB. All though he is getting better at corner the guy can hit and i think if he was ever moved to FS that he would do a very good job at it ...

nascher
11-16-2004, 06:19 AM
get some lb's nothing else !!!

KCTitus
11-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Ive been saying this for years now and no one listens...

Gaz
11-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Ive been saying this for years now and no one listens...

KCCassandra.

xoxo~
Gaz
Heard that lone voice crying in the wilderness, but ignored it like everyone else.

John_Wayne
11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
I really don't see Wilson taking over for T-Rich. He's a TE that will line up as a FB once in a while. He's not really a FB.

ChiefFripp
11-16-2004, 10:02 AM
We could trade our whole defense for Ray Lewis. I doubt the Ravens would agree but it's worth a shot.

Tombstone RJ
11-16-2004, 10:05 AM
If the chefs draft that safety from Georgia, #10, Thomas Davis, I'll be pissed. That kid can flat out play. He's like 6'1" and 230 and he has speed. He flat out can play. He'll probably be drafted as a LB for the NFL, but I'd put him at SS.

I know he won't be there for Denver, but he'll definitely be around for the chefs to pick.

John_Wayne
11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
We could trade our whole defense for Ray Lewis. I doubt the Ravens would agree but it's worth a shot. One Ray Lewis would probably be better than all 11 of our guys combined. And that's coming from someone that doesn't like Ray Ray.

PastorMikH
11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
I'd like to see us pick up a FA CB & LB and use our first 2 draft picks on a CB and an OT (given Roaf's age and drop in performance and also the visable weekness at RT).

DL needs help but we've addressed it so much with the draft that I am convinced that this staff is unable to pick/develope a quality rookie into a solid DL.