PDA

View Full Version : Priest out again this week? How bad is he hurt?

vailpass
11-16-2004, 04:22 PM
My Player News

Holmes likely out again

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: The Kansas City Star reports Priest Holmes (knee) is likely out for Week 11.

Analysis: Looks like Derrick Blaylock will get another start for the Chiefs.

Non-smack post:
We use CBS Sportsline for our Fantasy League. I just checked my lineup for this week and the report on Priest is that he won't play again this week. Does anyone have any idea as to whether he has a serious injury? I'm trying to decide whether to IR Holmes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
It's starting to look a lot like two years ago when Priest got hurt, we thought he'd be right back...and he never came back.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:25 PM
It's starting to look a lot like two years ago when Priest got hurt, we thought he'd be right back...and he never came back.
It's kinda silly to speculate and compare the two don't you think?

KcMizzou
11-16-2004, 04:26 PM
It's kinda silly to speculate and compare the two don't you think? This is just like Bo Jackson's injury.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:29 PM
This is just like Bo Jackson's injury.
I'll bet he loses his burst.

Count Alex's Losses
11-16-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.

ENDelt260
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
He's done. D-O-N-E.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Ummm, no one really cares about how you feel. I thought you would have figured this out by now.

The Rick
11-16-2004, 04:32 PM
This is just like Bo Jackson's injury.
Well, that settles it. Our first-round draft pick next year MUST be used on a running back!

tk13
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
It's over! It's over! Priest has lost his burst, Beltran's gone, Freddie Adu owns the Wiz.... just blow up the city. We don't need no professional sports.....

Dr. Facebook Fever
It's kinda silly to speculate and compare the two don't you think?
I don't know...is it? He was suppossed to be back right away last time. He was suppossed to "heal quickly" this time. Now it's two weeks out...

ENDelt260
Who the hell is Freddie Adu?

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't know...is it? He was suppossed to be back right away last time. he was suppossed to "heal quickly" this time. Now it's two weeks out...
Let me ask you something Mr. Atkins. How fast do you think you would come back from an MCL injury? My guess is you would never regain your burst but that would be TMI.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Who the hell is Freddie Adu?
The x-leader singer of Queen.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Let me ask you something Mr. Atkins. How fast do you think you would come back from an MCL injury? My guess is you would never regain your burst but that would be TMI.
excuse the hell out of me. please.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:36 PM
excuse the hell out of me. please.
Pssst.....it was a joke. :p

BigRedChief
You ain't just a whistling dixie......

In honor of GAZ

We are out of it anyway so Priest going down didn't cost us the Super Bowl.

We get to highlight LJ's skills.

We get to run up Blaylocks contract numbers

We will get a better draft pick

The beer lines will be shorter at Arrowhead.

vailpass
So you local KC folks haven't heard anything new as to Priest's injury? I don't mean to be insensitive but I'm searching for some scoop in case I need to make a move before this weekend (our trade deadline).

KcMizzou
11-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Well, that settles it. Our first-round draft pick next year MUST be used on a running back!
ROFL Groundhog Day!

ENDelt260
11-16-2004, 04:37 PM

I'm gonna get soooo loaded on Christmas Day.

ENDelt260
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
ROFL Groundhog Day!
Yeah.... except, instead of the alarm clock waking me up... I woke up on the floor... miserably hungover... my cell phone ringing. Boozer calling. I answer... and hear, "Little Larry Johnson".

It was quite a disorienting way to wake up.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
My guess is that we either trade the pick for Mike Martz or trade down to the second round and draft a defensive tackle.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Pssst.....it was a joke. :p
I figured...since I met you and you seem like a nice guy....but one can never be too sure with the tone-deaf internet.

:thumb:

Demonpenz
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
we should trade priest for a corner back. Priest isn't very good anyway, it is the great offensive line

BigRedChief
11-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Priest was over rated anyway.......who needs him......:deevee: Priest get better. We already miss you...:(

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
It's all about Omar Easy people.

BigRedChief
11-16-2004, 04:51 PM
It's all about Omar Easy people.

Are you sure he really exsists? I never see him on the field. Are you sure he's not just a paycheck waiting to be picked up by a scam artist?

Molitoth
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Maybe Priest just wants to be 100% for next season when thet might have a chance. This season is done for, why risk a big injury? I think its smart and he should take the rest of the season off to get us some trade value out of blaylock and or Johnson.

penguinz
11-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Has anyone here ever had an MCL injury? If not then shut the fvck up.

PastorMikH
11-16-2004, 05:01 PM
With the way Blaylock did last week and the way our hopes for a SB run are pretty much over, why not let Priest completely heal? No need taking a chance on him getting knocked out for the season or worse by running him at 75% health when, at this point, there's not a lot to be gained from it.

vailpass
11-16-2004, 05:12 PM
With the way Blaylock did last week and the way our hopes for a SB run are pretty much over, why not let Priest completely heal? No need taking a chance on him getting knocked out for the season or worse by running him at 75% health when, at this point, there's not a lot to be gained from it.

Not a lot to be gained? I'll have you know I am one game out of first place in my divison with a three-headed running attack of Rueben Droughns, Edgerin James, and Priest Holmes. Without Holmes my chances of getting to our Fantasy Superbowl are greatly dininished.
As you can see it is vital that Holmes play every down starting with this coming weekeknd.

PastorMikH
11-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Not a lot to be gained? I'll have you know I am one game out of first place in my divison with a three-headed running attack of Rueben Droughns, Edgerin James, and Priest Holmes. Without Holmes my chances of getting to our Fantasy Superbowl are greatly dininished.
As you can see it is vital that Holmes play every down starting with this coming weekeknd.

I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic. If you aren't that would be extremely selfish.

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 06:43 PM
I'll bet he loses his burst.
Just his second level burst.

Wait, he lost that on his hip. Now he will have no burst at all. :banghead:

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't know...is it? He was suppossed to be back right away last time. He was suppossed to "heal quickly" this time. Now it's two weeks out...
Its a ruse to throw off the Patriots game plan.

:p Not that it would matter.

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 06:52 PM
You ain't just a whistling dixie......

In honor of GAZ

We are out of it anyway so Priest going down didn't cost us the Super Bowl.

We get to highlight LJ's skills.

We get to run up Blaylocks contract numbers

We will get a better draft pick

You must duplicate his font in order to be authentic. Come on now, get with the program.

:p

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 06:54 PM
My guess is that we either trade the pick for Mike Martz or trade down to the second round and draft a defensive tackle.
I must agree, we need to draft DT in the first round, Linebacker in the Second, Quarterback in the 3rd, and then a running back in the 4rth, Another LB in the 5th, a WR in the 6th, and then and ONLY then, a Corner Back in the 7th.

Nzoner
11-16-2004, 08:03 PM

What,you're looking for bragging rights in a 4 man league?

Nzoner....wondering how in the hell anyone gets Holmes & James on the same fantasy team

Phobia
11-16-2004, 08:08 PM
My information says that he's hurt a lot worse than anybody is saying.

2bikemike
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM

And he was on pace to break some of his own records too.

Bowser
11-16-2004, 08:17 PM

I wouldn't doubt it. It looked like he could have had his kneecap shattered by that hit he took.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Vail... you should be fine the next week or 2 with the other two RBs that you have.

LiL stumppy
11-16-2004, 08:40 PM
I must agree, we need to draft DT in the first round, Linebacker in the Second, Quarterback in the 3rd, and then a running back in the 4rth, Another LB in the 5th, a WR in the 6th, and then and ONLY then, a Corner Back in the 7th.

I think we need a CB over a WR.Bo will be back.

JimNasium
11-16-2004, 09:01 PM
My information says that he's hurt a lot worse than anybody is saying. Is your source Taco John?

Inspector
11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Just his second level burst.

Wait, he lost that on his hip. Now he will have no burst at all. :banghead:

Won't he still have his third level burst?

It's hard to know with Preist. He doesn't seem to say a lot about his injuries. Just when you think he's done, he comes back even stronger.

Either way, might as well save him for next year and finally see what we have with LJ getting a full load - maybe with Huard at QB....(Don't want LJ to trash Trent's career by missing a block....)

If we verify what we already suspect (LJ sucks) then we really need to keep Blaylock.

Actually, I dunno - I'm so confused.....

Phobia
11-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Is your source Taco John?

No. My source talks to Priest often.

Jenny Gump
11-16-2004, 10:04 PM

Is your source the great almighty Jesus Christ?

BigRedChief
11-16-2004, 11:09 PM
We can handle Priest gone for the rest of the season because we are done anyway but inquiring minds want to know

Is Priest coming back next year if healthy?

Is the injury career threating?

alanm
11-17-2004, 12:14 AM
So you local KC folks haven't heard anything new as to Priest's injury? I don't mean to be insensitive but I'm searching for some scoop in case I need to make a move before this weekend (our trade deadline).VP, From what I've heard is that he is listed as doubtful this week leaning heavily towards the doubtful side. But you'd be sorry to IR him. Being continually suprised by the man I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him play Monday. That is unless the Chiefs have packed it in for the year. :banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2004, 12:20 AM
who was the asshole who kept comparing stats and said that Priest looked a lot like he looked in 2002... and I said, fuggo... he got injured in 2002. He said, oh yeah, besides that...

Its his fault, whoever the fugg you are!!!1

MichaelH
11-17-2004, 06:20 AM
So the Priest is hurt and we're letting him heal up for next next years Super Bowl run. That pretty much tells me they're throwing in the towel. I wonder if Dickey knows this. In his press conferences, the Chiefs are going to win the next 7 straight and get a wild card spot and go on to the Superbowl. I'm all up for optimism, but let's be real folks. The chances of winning more than 3 more are staggering with the present defense. I think there's more going on than DV and co. are letting on. Desperate teams do really wierd things and the Chiefs are really wierd right now.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Are you sure he really exsists? I never see him on the field. Are you sure he's not just a paycheck waiting to be picked up by a scam artist?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302014

vailpass
11-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic. If you aren't that would be extremely selfish.

I was absolutely being sarcastic. After going through the Terrel Davis thing I don't think any injury to any franchise player is funny in the slightest.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Is Priest coming back next year if healthy?

Is the injury career threating?

Retirement is a serious consideration for several Chiefs next year. Priest isn't healthy. Priest hasn't been healthy. He may not be healthy again.

vailpass
11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
What,you're looking for bragging rights in a 4 man league?

Nzoner....wondering how in the hell anyone gets Holmes & James on the same fantasy team

Nzoner,
I'm not in a four man league (never heard of such a thing), I was just emphasizing that with Priest I have a pretty good set of RB's. I drafted Priest, Edge, and Stephen Davis. Picked up Droughns when Davis took a dump. I thought I had a pretty good team to start the year but I am now in third place and falling. The bye week combined with Priest sitting out killed me. In case you care here is my team. As you can see I was counting on KC's O to rule again this year:

Green, Trent QB KC

Droughns, Reuben RB DEN

Holmes, Priest RB KC

James, Edgerrin RB IND

Jackson, Darrell WR SEA

Smith, Rod WR DEN

Clark, Dallas TE IND

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Broncos, DST DST DEN

BigRedChief
11-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Retirement is a serious consideration for several Chiefs next year. Priest isn't healthy. Priest hasn't been healthy. He may not be healthy again.

That's so sad. :sulk: And not just because this Chief era's window closes if that is true but that it was so fun to watch him run in person. Every game you could turn to the people around you and say did you see that? WOW!

I hope he visits KC regurally. We only had 3 years together but they were great years. RIP Priest. :thumb:.....

not :p FuK that obuitary lets get him back. get the needles out, alert the surgeon and pharmacy..:harumph: