PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Woods Uninterested

RJWENT
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
What is going on with Woods? When is the last time he got his hands dirty and made a decent play? When I watch other teams play.... I hear the safety's name called all the time because they are MAKING PLAYS... the only time I hear Woods name called is when the WR from the other team is runnning past him.

Woods is great at arriving late and either missing the easy hit (like against Andre Johnson of the Texans... "oh I thought we had the interception so I didn't want to make the hit!!!!" ya right, he's just scared that he's going to get hurt) or just piling on a tackle already made by his teammates! Regardless of the fact he made the probowl last year....if you can believe that choice by the experts, I believe Woods is scared to make a hit and can only play in space where he never makes a play anyway.

SHIP HIM OUT AND GET A SAFETY NEXT YEAR WHO WANTS TO MAKE PLAYS AND PUTS HIMSELF IN POSITION TO STOP A BIG PLAY FOR A CHANGE!!!!

BYE BYE JEROME!!!

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2004, 06:06 PM
SO HE HAD ONE BAD GAME BIG DEAL!

CASHMAN

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 06:10 PM
1 game ?

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I forgot, 1 bad game and 4 horrible games .

But he does need to step it up.

FAX
11-16-2004, 06:12 PM
One has to wonder why he is not performing at last year's level ... any ideas?

FAX THE INTRIGUED

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2004, 06:12 PM
1 game ?

It's a joke.

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2004, 06:13 PM

FAX THE INTRIGUED

He can't sit back in a 5-yard zone and catch tipped passes all day.

Seriously, did Woods have one interception that wasn't off a tipped ball last year?

ChiefsCountry
11-16-2004, 06:14 PM

FAX THE INTRIGUED

$$$$$$$$Big fat new contract$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

FloridaChief
11-16-2004, 06:17 PM

CASHMAN

I damn-near fell for this. You're just a tad bit more literate than the real thing, though...

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2004, 06:18 PM
I damn-near fell for this. You're just a tad bit more literate than the real thing, though...

I'm literate as hell.

FloridaChief
11-16-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm literate as hell.

Bragging about your signed, authentic #21 jersey would have helped as well...

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU'D LIKE TO BE TREATED :thumb:

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Bragging about your signed, authentic #21 jersey would have helped as well...

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU'D LIKE TO BE TREATED :thumb:

ROFL

RJWENT
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I can see it now this coming Monday night.... Corey Dillon blasts through the hole and Woods has the opportunity to make a play...except that he closes his eyes, bracing for the hit that might hurt a little.. and he flat out misses the tackle and later claims that he didn't want to get in the way of his teammate who he thought would definitely be able to make the hit that would pop the ball loose!

Another great Jerome Woods moment coming your way on national TV!!

BYE BYE JEROME!!

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I especially loved it when he was baited into a cheap PF, that led to a first down when we had them stopped.

Fug Woods, he needs to go.

Pitt Gorilla
11-16-2004, 07:21 PM
He makes up for not hitting by being slow in coverage.

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 07:24 PM
He makes up for not hitting by being slow in coverage.
And then when he does stop them, he takes stupid penalties, LONG LONG after the whistle.

I felt the asyhole whould have been benched after that crap.

RJWENT
11-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Vermeil has talked about poor Safety play for at least 2 weeks now. Why doesn't he just call Woods' name out and put it out there! I don't think he's talking about Wesley and Woods is supposed to be the QB in this defensive backfield.

If Vermeil won't call Woods out he should at least have the balls to sit him for awhile. Gunther used to get lots of good play out of Woods...maybe he's not as motivational as he needs to be.

BYE BYE JEROME

Sure-Oz
11-16-2004, 07:37 PM
he has no clue wtf is going on, neither does wesley but atleast he got an INT last weekend, didn't do sh1t for us though.

Mr. Laz
11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
its not just woods ... our entire secondary tackle like a bunch of possies 75% of the time.

instead of lowering a shoulder and wrapping up... they grab and throw

its part of the reason why our defense sucks, lack of commitment, lack of passion.

if you make a tackle and don't end up on the ground yourself then theirs a 99.9% chance that you made an improper tackle.

2bikemike
11-16-2004, 08:07 PM
its not just woods ... our entire secondary tackle like a bunch of possies 75% of the time.

instead of lowering a shoulder and wrapping up... they grab and throw

its part of the reason why our defense sucks, lack of commitment, lack of passion.

if you make a tackle and don't end up on the ground yourself then theirs a 99.9% chance that you made an improper tackle.

No shit you can't tackle a guy by the shoulder pads. Wrap the fuggers up low and they will go down.

Chan93lx50
11-16-2004, 10:46 PM
My question is, how in the hell did Woods make it to the probowl last year?

I really dont remember him doing much of anything!

Funny how the worst Defence in the NFL gets a D player in the Probowl

BigRedChief
11-16-2004, 10:57 PM
He's scared of getting hurt/ He's got his money. The desire is no longer there. He should be ashamed of himself.

Rausch
11-16-2004, 11:01 PM

FAX THE INTRIGUED

Honestly, I don't know.

It might be age, but he WAS a helluva' player last year. People like to forget that. You don't make the probowl because you suck on one of the league's worst defenses.

It looks like he's just not as fast as he thinks he is and can't make the plays he once could. That simple.

Going completely unnoticed is a great year by Warfield...

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 06:21 AM
My question is, how in the hell did Woods make it to the probowl last year?

I really dont remember him doing much of anything!

Funny how the worst Defense in the NFL gets a D player in the Probowl

I think they threw him a bone so to speak last year. Hes an 9 year NFL vet. Honestly, he hasnt been that good since about 2000 or so and he was never really anything special to begin with, but his play has fallen off dramatically in the past few seasons.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 08:03 AM

CASHMANHoly crap. I totally didn't catch that it wasn't the real CASHMAN.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 08:05 AM
He's scared of getting hurt/ He's got his money. The desire is no longer there. He should be ashamed of himself.Thanks, Cleo. What's your number, again?

Rain Man
11-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Buy stock in Harts. He's due for an uptick.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Buy stock in Harts. He's due for an uptick.
I heard he's adopted.

Lzen
11-17-2004, 09:33 AM
I think they threw him a bone so to speak last year. Hes an 9 year NFL vet. Honestly, he hasnt been that good since about 2000 or so and he was never really anything special to begin with, but his play has fallen off dramatically in the past few seasons.

Dude, you're high. Nobody gets into the Pro Bowl because they felt like throwing them a bone. Woods played well last year. This year, he has regressed a lot. Perhaps all that money has contributed. Who knows.

cash1000
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
He went ton the pro bowl because of the fluke interceptions he got last year, didn't he return a couple for touchdowns. Anyway the wheel of KARMA HAS ROLLED BACK OVER THE CHIEFS! This season is payback for going 13-3 with the 29th ranked defense in the NFL!