PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS NOTES

2bikemike
11-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Coach Dick Vermeil said Tuesday that other than running back Priest Holmes and linebacker Monty Beisel, the Chiefs are healthy heading into next Monday's game against the Patriots.

Vermeil said on his weekly radio show Monday night that Holmes is likely to miss a second straight game because of a knee injury. Beisel aggravated a calf injury against New Orleans and left the game.

Because the Chiefs won't play until Monday, the players have today off and return to practice Thursday. If Holmes can't play, Derrick Blaylock will make his second career start. Blaylock rushed for 186 yards and a touchdown in 33 carries against the Saints.

JUST WIN, PATS

The Patriots will enter Monday night's game at Arrowhead Stadium, where that franchise has lost three straight, with an 8-1 record despite the fact that they rank a rather pedestrian 10th in total offense, 11th in total defense and 13th in turnover differential. What the Patriots do well is win, particularly close games. They are 19-2 in games decided by six points or fewer since the start of the 2001 season and have won 24 of their last 25 games overall.

That run includes a 41-38 overtime victory over the Chiefs in New England in 2002.

“Any stat you evaluate is going to come out 19-2, 17-3, whatever,” Vermeil said. “I've studied the numbers long enough. When you win every ballgame, however you evaluate the numbers, they're going to come out favorable because there's no zeros, no losses, no L's.”

CHARITY BENEFIT

A team of U.S. Marines will play a civilian team led by former Chief Kimble Anders in a benefit game for the Kansas City Toys for Tots program. Chiefs wide receiver Eddie Kennison is co-chairman of the event, which will be held at noon Saturday at the Blue Valley District Activities Complex, 135th Street and Switzer. Admission is a cash donation or the purchase of a Toys 'R Us gift certificate of $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and younger.

— Ivan Carter/The Star

What I want to know is why these mother fuggers are getting a day off. They need to be at work learning how to play, make tackles or studying film or something.

big nasty kcnut
11-17-2004, 02:39 AM
2Bike i think they needed the time away from practice to clear thier head and focus on winning 7 straight games.

tk13
11-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I think we're past that point where one day of practice would make a huge difference, this would have to be fixed in training camp, but they did a KC Royals and half-assed it. At least the Royals recognized it and aren't going to let it happen next year, problem with the Chiefs is half the team is getting old and we'll probably have to go through some "Johnnie Morton-esque capades" next year to keep guys healthy supposedly. That has never been Vermeil's style... as much crap as everyone here gives him for supposedly being soft, Vermeil has always been known for having brutal practices. The Rams wanted to run him out of town because of it and used to have t-shirt's made saying "I survived Vermeil's training camp". We need to get back to that, I think that's why Vermeil just didn't feel "right" about this team heading out of training camp, he didn't work them hard enough.

Earthling
11-17-2004, 06:27 AM
It was Lamars idea to take an extra day off...Something about saving on electricity costs for that day..

MichaelH
11-17-2004, 06:34 AM
It was Lamars idea to take an extra day off...Something about saving on electricity costs for that day..

It is important to save our natural resources. :)

milkman
11-17-2004, 06:40 AM
A team of U.S. Marines will play a civilian team led by former Chief Kimble Anders in a benefit game for the Kansas City Toys for Tots program. Chiefs wide receiver Eddie Kennison is co-chairman of the event, which will be held at noon Saturday at the Blue Valley District Activities Complex, 135th Street and Switzer. Admission is a cash donation or the purchase of a Toys 'R Us gift certificate of $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and younger.

I'm thinking Carl should scout this game. He might actually find a LB among the Marines that can actually hit, and plays with attitude.

MichaelH
11-17-2004, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking Carl should scout this game. He might actually find a LB among the Marines that can actually hit, and plays with attitude.

A Marine wouldn't fit the profile.

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2004, 06:56 AM

exactly.........the marine isn't pussy enough

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 06:59 AM

Ditto, they do not kiss ass ! :deevee:

milkman
11-17-2004, 07:03 AM