PDA

View Full Version : If you could interview DV for 1 hour.......

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 07:32 AM
What would you ask him. What questions come to mind that you want answers to ?

Chief Henry
11-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Dick, Can you spell defense for me?

Bob Dole
11-17-2004, 07:33 AM
WTF is going on? Did a squirrel eat your defense?

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Considering what I've seen from his defense this year, I stick to talking the x and o's of the offense.

That, and his wine collecting.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chief Henry
11-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Who had the final decision on drafting Larry Johnson and wtf were they thinking?

MichaelH
11-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Where will you be enjoying your retirement after the season ends?

Chief Henry
11-17-2004, 07:38 AM
WHy in the world did you guys not upgrade our defense with some better athletes ?

Chief Henry
11-17-2004, 07:40 AM
This years version of your KC Chiefs appears to be very SOFT. Is this the softest NFL team you've ever coached.

If its not the softest team, how do you explain
the lack of "Snotbubbler hits" that our defense
is failing to put on the opponents?

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 07:40 AM
My question would be why he and Carl dont listen to the ChiefsPlanet for who to pick up in the draft or FA and to a lesser degree on contract offers.

Ghostof
11-17-2004, 07:46 AM
My question would be:

PLAY LARRY JOHNSON!

I mean he whines all the time, he doesnt talk with the best running back in the league for pointers (unlike Blylock), Johnson doesnt have an ounce of patience in him, Johnson likes to squander his opportunities (unlike BLaylock), did I mean that most people go to team meetings, but yet on Monday Johnson is so pissed that he doesnt get a run on SUndays game he decides to skip out on team meetings...hmm...nevermind Dick, no wonder you aint playing the punk.

GET RID OF JOHNSON AND START CUTTING PLAYERS!!

Theres no need to take the diapers off of Johnson, just throw him a crying towel.

Spott
11-17-2004, 07:56 AM
I would ask him if he's ever been in a Turkish prison.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 07:59 AM
How does it feel to be really old?

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 08:02 AM
How does it feel to be really old?

That's almost callin the kettle black. Almost ! ROFL

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 08:03 AM
My question would be why he and Carl dont listen to the ChiefsPlanet for who to pick up in the draft or FA and to a lesser degree on contract offers.

I was wondering who would be the 1st one to ask this .

Bwana
11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
How is that move of sitting Pat on the D in the off season looking to you now Dick?

InChiefsHell
11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
No matter what question you ask him, you won't get a straight answer, so why bother.

Now, if I knew that he would be truthful and candid, I'd ask away. But since history has proven that he doesn't seem to have much to say differently week to week, it seems asking him about his favorite bottle of wine and favorite vacation spot are the only things that would garner an honest response...

HC_Chief
11-17-2004, 08:13 AM
Why are you still coaching?

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:09 AM
No matter what question you ask him, you won't get a straight answer, so why bother.

Now, if I knew that he would be truthful and candid, I'd ask away. But since history has proven that he doesn't seem to have much to say differently week to week, it seems asking him about his favorite bottle of wine and favorite vacation spot are the only things that would garner an honest response...
Ditto. I've soured to DV. He's worn out his welcome, IMO.

Chiefnj
11-17-2004, 09:09 AM
I'd ask him to take me through the scouting and draft process at Arrowhead. Who does what, who makes the calls, etc.

ck_IN
11-17-2004, 09:43 AM
<i>No matter what question you ask him, you won't get a straight answer, so why bother.

Now, if I knew that he would be truthful and candid, I'd ask away. </i>

What's so ironic is that his first couple of years here people on this board were crowing about how honest he was.

Rain Man
11-17-2004, 09:45 AM
I would ask him if he's ever been in a Turkish prison.

Do you think you recognize him or something?

ck_IN
11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Does he like Gladiator movies?

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 09:54 AM
<i>No matter what question you ask him, you won't get a straight answer, so why bother.

Now, if I knew that he would be truthful and candid, I'd ask away. </i>

What's so ironic is that his first couple of years here people on this board were crowing about how honest he was.

Good to see CK find his kb...I missed you last year.

ck_IN
11-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Howdy Greg. Define kb please?

I purposely staid away last year because there was no point trying to point out the weakness of this team and the fact that it was being masked by weak opposition and way overly helpfull officials. Nobody would've listened so why waste my breath.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Howdy Greg. Define kb please?

I purposely staid away last year because there was no point trying to point out the weakness of this team and the fact that it was being masked by weak opposition and way overly helpfull officials. Nobody would've listened so why waste my breath.

KB is keyboard.

Im glad last season turned out for you...I can see how you can say that in hindsight. That seems to be your forte.

I didnt find it too suprising that you went into hiding during the great start of last year and now that KC's having another down year you're back with the "I told you so's".

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Dont worry, CK, the phenomenon isnt unique to you...

Proctor, Naptown, Cannibal and Clint have all been around to do the same. Oddly, they too were absent last year.

ck_IN
11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
kb = keyboard. Thanks I shulda known.

You got me wrong Titus. I'm not a hater. I'm not into I told you so's. I sincerely do wish I had been wrong about DV and I may yet be. I didn't hide, I was out here last year. I could also see that the prevailing circle jerk taking place here left no room for a voice saying 'wait a minute'. Also work was insane. Being a techie you know all about the feast and famine nature of the biz.

If you don't agree that the officials handed us games last year and that the record was padded with stiffs then fine. I hold the opinion that we weren't nearly as good as our 13/3 and we're not nearly as bad as this years record. The difference is that this year we're playing teams that can fight back. Also the players just don't seem to be buying DV's pitch.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
If you don't agree that the officials handed us games last year and that the record was padded with stiffs then fine. I hold the opinion that we weren't nearly as good as our 13/3 and we're not nearly as bad as this years record. The difference is that this year we're playing teams that can fight back. Also the players just don't seem to be buying DV's pitch.

W/O rehashing all of last seasons discussion, it became obvious after the Minn game, this team was toast. I admit to being a believer, especially after the GB game comeback and I'll never bitch about getting calls from the refs--KC was long overdue after some of the calls that went against them when playing Elway, especially.

I do think, however, that after last game it appears the team has started to give. Nothing really comes close to that performance except for the last game of Gun's tenure against 2-13 Atlanta.

Bearcat
11-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Yeah, you would need a good set of follow up questions, too.

If you had the chance to do the offseason over again, would you change anything?

[response]

Obviously that didn't work, so wouldn't you change your priority from resigning all of your sh*tty players, to I don't know, bringing in some talent?

[response]

Did you ever think that it's the profile that doesn't work in today's NFL?

[response]

What about the Eagles? They fixed their weakest link by bringing in someone that wouldn't "fit your profile"... They certainly didn't do anything wrong, like the Denver Broncos, and cheat. Look at them now. Shouldn't the profile change to fit this generation's type of athlete?

[response]

Answer the question.

[response]

Go to Hell, Dick.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Bearcat's questions struck me as funny...I got to thinking about the Washington Redskins which was a 'model' of what KC should have done in the offseason, now, I dont read that much.

shakesthecat
11-17-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm not a hater. I'm not into I told you so's. I sincerely do wish I had been wrong about DV and I may yet be. I didn't hide, I was out here last year. I could also see that the prevailing circle jerk taking place here left no room for a voice saying 'wait a minute'.

Now THIS is quality sarcasm. :clap:
The ommision of any "whiz kids" refrences was a nice touch.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 10:53 AM
W/O rehashing all of last seasons discussion, it became obvious after the Minn game, this team was toast. I admit to being a believer, especially after the GB game comeback and I'll never bitch about getting calls from the refs--KC was long overdue after some of the calls that went against them when playing Elway, especially.

I do think, however, that after last game it appears the team has started to give. Nothing really comes close to that performance except for the last game of Gun's tenure against 2-13 Atlanta.

Agreed......this team has been on a downhill slide ever since that Bengals game last year. That Vikings game was just the topper. I think our record since that Bengals game is like 6-10. So if you want to look at it properly, this team has basically gone 6-10, 7-9, 9-0 and 6-10 now under Vermeil........Not a very good tracks record. Vermeil should have cleaned house after the 2002 season. GRob, the secondary should have been gone after that year. That will be his bggest failure as a Chiefs Head Coach IMO.

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Does anyone else know I am interviewing him and am I allowed to carry in a heavy blunt object?

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Don't tell me, let me guess: You left your defense in your clothes and your mom washed it.

Oh no, then how about: Your dog ate your defense.

Bearcat
11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Bearcat's questions struck me as funny...I got to thinking about the Washington Redskins which was a 'model' of what KC should have done in the offseason, now, I dont read that much.

That's another team with an outdated coach... I haven't watched the Redskins this year, but they were talking about how he's sticking with his 2 TE, max protect scheme from when he coached before.

Anyway, even though the hindsight is always 20/20 when it comes to talking about who we should have or shouldn't have signed -- and there's a line between Snyder's throw-money-at-every-FA style, and standing pat -- there's absolutely no logic between having the worst defense one year, and then making it a priority to resign all of those players.

ck_IN
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Washington is an interesting case. It seems to me like it could be either of two things:

1. Gibbs has missed the boat on the NFL and should go back to NASCAR.
2. Gibbs is having to de-Spurrierify that team and is feeling the pains.

I tend to think it's the latter but I wouldn't argue the point too strongly.

Coogs
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM

I realize this is dripping with sarcasm, but I swear there are several posters on here who could do a pretty good job of handling player personal.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 01:04 PM
I realize this is dripping with sarcasm, but I swear there are several posters on here who could do a pretty good job of handling player personal.

Well, I wish they would get off their lazy ass and get a job with the front office. With the search feature disabled, it may be tough to put together a resume of evidence/experience in NFL talent evaluation.

big nasty kcnut
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Would you consider playing larry johnson if he was talking to priest.

Coogs
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Well, I wish they would get off their lazy ass and get a job with the front office. With the search feature disabled, it may be tough to put together a resume of evidence/experience in NFL talent evaluation.

:LOL:

Coogs
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Would you consider playing larry johnson if he was talking to priest.

I read in another post that Blaylock made all of his yards because of the O-line. Considering LJ could make no yardage with that same O-line.....

well, let's just say we have seen the end of LJ.

philfree
11-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Did you ever think that it's the profile that doesn't work in today's NFL?

That's funny because Belicek uses almost and identical profile for his players. :shrug: Go figure!

PhilFree :arrow:

easymobee
11-17-2004, 01:18 PM

Not sure if this one is sarcasm or not, but it shouldn't be.

Washington is the yearly argument on why FA spending doesn't work, but if KC did what Washington did this offseason you would be a lot better.

The offensive side of the ball is a mess over there, but you guys didn't need offensive help anyway.

What they did on D is exactly what you guys needed.

A. Gregg Williams was bought in as a DC. You guys bringing in Gunther is an equal response to this IMO, but after this the simularities end.

B. Take you pick of these guys that KC could have bought in ( counting the money you are already under the cap and maybe CP should have let a couple of guys walk rather than resign).

Shawn Springs
Michael Barrow or Marcus Washington
Cornelius Griffin.

They signed guys that happen to reside at the same places that KC has holes in.

If you guys signed 3 out of 4 of those guys ( i know, its bizarro world but bear with me ). KC would have at least 5 wins and be a much better and improving D.

Sims and Griffin in the middle would improve both DT spots due to the compliment.

Barrow in the middle would be a big upgrade ( he has been hurt though )

A CB depth chart of Springs - Warfield - Bartee - McCleon - Battle looks so much better just with 1 change at the top.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
What they did on D is exactly what you guys needed.

They traded their best cover corner for another RB...

You're right, though, it's a reverse of KC. They had OL problems and ignored the OL and brought in an aging QB...a recipe for disaster, but that's was Gibbs 'forumla'--according to the local sports pundits.

easymobee
11-17-2004, 01:24 PM
They traded their best cover corner for another RB...

They got lucky in the aftermath of it all.

Smoot is looking almost like a pro bowl #1 CB in that D.

They signed the (so far) non injury prone version of Shawn Springs and he's playing much better than he has the last couple of years.

9 out of 10 redskin fans will tell you that Springs is twice the player that Bailey is if asked.

Spicy McHaggis
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
They got lucky in the aftermath of it all.

Smoot is looking almost like a pro bowl #1 CB in that D.

They signed the (so far) non injury prone version of Shawn Springs and he's playing much better than he has the last couple of years.

9 out of 10 redskin fans will tell you that Springs is twice the player that Bailey is if asked.

And 9 out of 10 Seahawks fans would kick you in the nuts if asked the same question.

Bearcat
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM

I saw a few minutes of that ESPN reality show... I'd Do Anything... last night, and someone was playing for an opportunity to work with the strength/conditioning team of the Chiefs.

Wonder if we can get someone here to play for "CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs for a day" .... :hmmm: ... make that Owner :)