PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened...

Nightfyre
11-17-2004, 12:32 PM
To hardnosed smashmouth football?
I know the WR protection is getting crazy, but defense on the whole in the NFL is a joke lately. (Dont even get me started on the Chiefs... But since we're going there...)

I miss our "Best Defense in the League" approach. The offense didnt have to do much, just get points when the defense sets you up for it, sometimes not even that. Defense is better than offense, in that it can score and stop scoring. Offense can just score more. Bring back clock control with a huge defense. It would thrive with out Oline busting everyone off the line for 5 yds a run. We'd score while taking 6 minutes off the clock. 3 and out. Score taking 4 minutes off the clock. 3 and out. It would be awesome.
Just a rant about the good ole days.

Count Zarth
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
To hardnosed smashmouth football?
I know the WR protection is getting crazy, but defense on the whole in the NFL is a joke lately. (Dont even get me started on the Chiefs... But since we're going there...)

I miss our "Best Defense in the League" approach. The offense didnt have to do much, just get points when the defense sets you up for it, sometimes not even that. Defense is better than offense, in that it can score and stop scoring. Offense can just score more. Bring back clock control with a huge defense. It would thrive with out Oline busting everyone off the line for 5 yds a run. We'd score while taking 6 minutes off the clock. 3 and out. Score taking 4 minutes off the clock. 3 and out. It would be awesome.
Just a rant about the good ole days.

We don't need to change our offensive philosophy at all. We just need a good defense.

Balanced teams win championships.