PDA

View Full Version : New information about Priest Holmes...

ENDelt260
11-17-2004, 05:30 PM
...supposedly coming on 810 after the commercial break.

Listen online: http://www.810whb.com

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
They're going to annouce that when Priest next takes the feild...whenever that is.... he'll be wearing a red uniform with a #31 on it................. and the defense still sucks.

LiL stumppy
11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
What are the saying?

FAX
11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Cannot receive at this location. Please advise.

FAX

ENDelt260
11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
What are the saying?
Listen online: http://www.810whb.com

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:36 PM
im listening now...........

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh god...that was LAME!!!

FAX
Mr. ENDelt. That link requires a media player that attracts hackers like N00bs (sp?) attract abuse.

Would you be so kind as to provide the cliff notes version?

FAX

PastorMikH
Having his knee checked out by the same dr that worked on his hip

ENDelt260
Priest will not be at Turkey Bowl. He went to Florida to meet w/ doc somebody or other to have his knee checked out. Same doc that checked out his hip. Won't be back in KC til Saturday.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Priest will not be at Turkey Bowl. He went to Florida to meet w/ doc somebody or other to have his knee checked out. Same doc that checked out his hip. Won't be back in KC til Saturday.

ah..ok...i didnt listen to the whole thing....sorry......Yea, Keitzman said that he MAY miss the rest of the season.

LiL stumppy
11-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Hes meeting a Doc in Miami :(

FAX
11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm beginning to develop a very, very bad feeling about this.

FAX

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm beginning to develop a very, very bad feeling about this.

FAX

shoot, we might as well let him sit out the rest of the season and heal his body up to make a run at it next year. Considering the way this season has turned out.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
shoot, we might as well let him sit out the rest of the season and heal his body up to make a run at it next year. Considering the way this season has turned out.

yep... and then maybe he will feel good enough in the offseason to not retire.

stevieray
11-17-2004, 05:44 PM

Next year is going to be too late.

Proof is in fourth qtr play. And the worst part is, it will be a long time before we see an offense like this again.

TEX
I had a feeling that his knee would be just like his hip in that it would be way worse than forst reported. Oh well, par for the course this season... :shake:

Deberg_1990
yep... and then maybe he will feel good enough in the offseason to not retire.

Let the Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson auditions begin!

TEX
11-17-2004, 05:46 PM

Proof is in fourth qtr play. And the worst part, it will be a long time before we see an offense like this again.

Yep. The window is now shutting. We blew our chance last year. The team was built to win "now" and that only produced 1 winning season. Next year will indeed be too late. I still can't believe we stood pat...:shake:

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 05:48 PM

Why? I would say next year is the last we can expect the offense to operate at a high level. Pretty soon Trent's physical skills (what little he has) are going to start deteriorating.

One more year for the offense, bring in some FA D talent and we can make one more run.

ONCE MORE, UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Yep. The window is now shutting. We blew our chance last year. The team was built to win "now" and that only produced 1 winning season. Next year will indeed be too late. :shake:

It really only produced 1/2 of a winning season. We are 6-10 since that Bengals game last year. 6-11 if you count the playoff game......sigh....

stevieray
11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Why? I would say next year is the last we can expect the offense to operate at a high level. Pretty soon Trent's physical skills (what little he has) are going to start deteriorating.

One more year for the offense, bring in some FA D talent and we can make one more run.

ONCE MORE, UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS.

what little he has?

:shake:

I'm more concerned about the age and depth of the line.

milkman
Yep. The window is now shutting. We blew our chance last year. The team was built to win "now" and that only produced 1 winning season. Next year will indeed be too late. :shake:

I disagree.
I think the window is still open for at least one more season.
The only question is, will Peterson make any personnel changes that will help to take advantage of that opening?

TEX
It really only produced 1/2 of a winning season. We are 6-10 since that Bengals game last year. 6-11 if you count the playoff game......sigh....

Yep. :shake:

tk13
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
It's all about the Maz baby!

And actally, it's 7-10 including the playoff game last year....

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
what little he has?

:shake:

I'm more concerned about the age and depth of the line.

His arm is pretty average. It will start going soon, and what little mobility he has will too. He's no spring chicken.

The age is a concern too. That's why I feel they only have one more year. Roaf has said he will be back next year.

TEX
11-17-2004, 05:52 PM
I disagree.
I think the window is still open for at least one more season.
The only question is, will Peterson make any personnel changes that will help to take advantage of that opening?

We'll see but because we stayed pat last offseason, IMO there is way too much to fix to be serious contenders next year.

stevieray
11-17-2004, 05:54 PM
His arm is pretty average. It will start going soon, and what little mobility he has will too. He's no spring chicken.

The age is a concern too. That's why I feel they only have one more year. Roaf has said he will be back next year.

You don't go to the PB with an average arm. Debating this is stupid.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:54 PM
We'll see but because we stayed pat last offseason, IMO there is way too much to fix to be serious contenders next year.

Agreed....its gonna take 2 years for this defense to be put back toegther at least. We honestly need about 8 new starters. Vermiel should have gotten rid of Grob and most of these turkeys after the horrendous 2002 campaign.

milkman
11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I think a MLB, and a CB, along with Siavii at DT might be enough.

A change at safety, with Harts replacing Woods might be necessary, unless Woods gets an attitude adjustment between now and next season.
Harts may not be as talented, but he might have more desire.

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 05:57 PM

Sure you do. *cough* Montana *cough*

Look, I love Green as much as the next guy, but he's good because of his accuracy, decision making and heart.

He's put up big numbers, and that's why he's gone to the pro bowl. Who cares how he got there?

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 05:58 PM

A change at safety, with Harts replacing Woods might be necessary, unless Woods gets an attitude adjustment between now and next season.

I think Harts is definitely more talented at this point in Woods career.

milkman
11-17-2004, 05:59 PM

Montana's arm was average.
His head and his heart made him one of the best ever.

Gannon's arm was/is average.

And I have never liked either of these guys, but they are perfect examples.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 05:59 PM

Id like a LDE who can actually rush the QB as well. Hicks is like the walking dead in there. Could there be a more invisible lineman in the NFL??? Another bum who should have been dropped 2 years ago.

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Id like a LDE who can actually rush the QB as well. Hicks is like the walking dead in there. Could there be a more invisible lineman in the NFL??? Another bum who should have been dropped 2 years ago.

Actually Hicks leads the team in QB pressures. I think that is more a result of playing the most snaps of any defensive lineman, though.

I would still like to see Hicks retained as a backup.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
I would still like to see Hicks retained as a backup.

Why? he brings nothing IMO

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Why? he brings nothing IMO

Like I said, he leads the team in QB pressures. He's serviceable in most areas as a defensive lineman, just not dominating. I think he'd make a fine backup. You could do worse (*cough* Holliday *cough*).

stevieray
11-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Sure you do. *cough* Montana *cough*

Look, I love Green as much as the next guy, but he's good because of his accuracy, decision making and heart.

He's put up big numbers, and that's why he's gone to the pro bowl. Who cares how he got there?

i see..he's averagely accurate .

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 06:16 PM
i see..he's averagely accurate .

No, his accuracy is up there with the best. When I said "arm" I meant arm STRENGTH.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Priest really should sit the rest of the season. I admire the guy's determination, but there is no sense in destroying his body for a season that has gone down the toilet faster than any in recent memory.

If he takes the time off, heals, and rests his body, he could come back as a major force next season with his batteries recharged, and hopefully get some help from a revamped defensive unit.

Thats if he decides to keep playing. After seeing how things have gone this year, who knows what he might do.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Is there any chance he could become Marcus II (Steelers Bus), our goal line guy

KCJake
11-17-2004, 07:14 PM
FF question. Right now, would you trade Tiki Barber for Derrick Blaylock?

Phobia
I guess my information was correct this time:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2094973&postcount=53

Wallcrawler
For that amount of money he is being paid, it would be tough to retain him just for scoring situations. Hes the greatest scorer the game has ever seen, but you want him out there all the time. Its just a shame that we couldnt have gotten him early in his career. Who knows what kind of statistics he would have put up. The past 3 seasons he has put up astronomical numbers.

I think he can keep up this pace for another 2 years at least, but he needs to just sit back and heal that injury for the rest of this year. No sense fighting a losing battle. Come back healthy next year, and terrorize the league at full strength.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
It sure would help get him in the HOF, with TDs out the ying yang

TEX
11-17-2004, 07:21 PM

I'm with ya on MLB and CB (course most KNEW this last off season)
Woods should be cut faster than you can say,"CUT," because he needs more than an attitude adjustment IMO. What he needs is SPEED as he's LOST more than a step.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Heh, no doubt about that. Priest holmes is a master at getting across the goal line. If he plays a few more years, there's no telling how many he will rack up if he stays healthy.

He was on track to break the mark he set last season before his injury.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
If there is ever a Fantasy HOF he is a shoe in

BigVE
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
FF question. Right now, would you trade Tiki Barber for Derrick Blaylock?

Right NOW.....No way. THere is nothing definite about Priest right NOW so Blaylocks fantasy value is too up in the air. Tiki is having a great season and you KNOW what your getting with him...keep Tiki for now.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Next year with priest back i expect the offense to do just as well, they have not shown major signs of slowing down, just to's killing us lately.

TEX
11-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Next year with priest back i expect the offense to do just as well, they have not shown major signs of slowing down, just to's killing us lately.

Except in the 4th quarter...

B2chiefsfan
11-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Right NOW.....No way. THere is nothing definite about Priest right NOW so Blaylocks fantasy value is too up in the air. Tiki is having a great season and you KNOW what your getting with him...keep Tiki for now.

I picked up Derrick last week, but I didn't start him.....:banghead:

KCJake
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks. If we do find out that Priest is out for the year(hope not) Then would you make the trade?

LiL stumppy
11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Maybe Jake.Look at the schedual for the giants and than for the chiefs and then decide.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 08:03 PM

Or better yet, pick up Larry Johnson! He might be MONEY in the latter half of this season!

Coogs
11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
We honestly need about 8 new starters.

This is really sad. I can't figure out which three are keepers. :sulk:

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 08:47 PM
This is really sad. I can't figure out which three are keepers. :sulk:

Warfield
Sims
Dalton
Fujita
Wesley
Allen

The rest need to be replaced. And I really think we need the new LDE to be elite. Strahan is a FA. :hmmm:

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 09:56 PM
A strained knee can take up to 4 weeks to tighten back up. He has 1 week now, let's see how it goes.

If the ligaments are midly torn, it takes 6 weeks.Then it is probally best to rest him for next year

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Warfield
Sims
Dalton
Fujita
Wesley
Allen

The rest need to be replaced. And I really think we need the new LDE to be elite. Strahan is a FA. :hmmm:

Im really torn on Warfield and Wesley as well. They are both waaaaay too inconsistent. Wesley is supposed to be known as some big hitter, but i havent seen him make one big hit all year. Sims is nothing special, but he gets one more year by virtue of his contract and hes a wide body who can take up blockers. It doesnt look he will ever be what he was advertised as. A pure pass rushing threat. Damn You Bunting!!

BigRedChief
11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
If Priest comes back I think Shields and Roaf come back too. Richardson also. One last run. One last hurrah. If Priest doesn't come back healthy the window is closed.

PastorMikH
11-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Wesley is supposed to be known as some big hitter, but i havent seen him make one big hit all year.

That was a pretty hard hit he laid on Barber. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PastorMikH
11-18-2004, 12:47 AM
If Priest comes back I think Shields and Roaf come back too. Richardson also. One last run. One last hurrah. If Priest doesn't come back healthy the window is closed.

I could see Roaf as iffy, maybe even T-Rich, but Shields is still playing at a high enough of a level that I think we'd see him back barring injury.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
That was a pretty hard hit he laid on Barber. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I haven't seen ANY of these girls hit anyone all season. Lets just extend our arms and see if we can push em out of bounds from the middle of the field as they run for 40 more, or better yet, let them run by us and pretend to chase them down while they extend their seperation.

alanm
11-18-2004, 01:21 AM
I could see Roaf as iffy, maybe even T-Rich, but Shields is still playing at a high enough of a level that I think we'd see him back barring injury.Roaf has said he would like to keep playing a few more years. Shields would be the one to worry about. But he's a Husker he'll hang in there. I'd like to see almost all of our pick in the upcoming draft come spring go towards the defensive side. Starting with a stud MLB or OLB. Preferably OLB. Do we really need more safetys? And then DT, DT,DT, WR,WR and then best available athlete.
May as well get this out there now. My Husker homer wish is Barret Ruud MLB-Nebraska.:thumb:

Taco John
11-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Injuries suck. I hate to see you guys end your season like this. If it'll make anybody feel better, you weren't going to the playoffs anyway with that defense.

It sucks to see classy guys like Priest take a digger though. Hopefully he'll be back in form next year and you guys will be able to compete at a high level. Just not too high.

alanm
11-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Injuries suck. I hate to see you guys end your season like this. If it'll make anybody feel better, you weren't going to the playoffs anyway with that defense.

It sucks to see classy guys like Priest take a digger though. Hopefully he'll be back in form next year and you guys will be able to compete at a high level. Just not too high.Oh Plllleeeeaaaaassssseeeeee. If you think Denver has a snowballs chance in hell in the playoffs you're deluding yourself. ROFL

Coogs
11-18-2004, 04:46 AM
Warfield
Sims
Dalton
Fujita
Wesley
Allen

It's kind of sad when the only real bright spot of the defense this year, Dalton, has been rejected by the last two teams he has played for. Guess that is probably why we are still a sucky defense, and I'm not sure he would be a keeper either if we had a legit defense.

Ari Chi3fs
11-18-2004, 05:00 AM
welcome to mediocrity, folks.

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 06:06 AM
It's all about the Maz baby!

And actally, it's 7-10 including the playoff game last year....

If Maz (or either one of the other two pukes on the roster) is MLB next year, we're done.

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 06:11 AM
welcome to mediocrity, folks.

What?!?!

We've been mediocre since about mid-way of Marty's tenure.

We never left.

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Im really torn on Warfield and Wesley as well. They are both waaaaay too inconsistent. Wesley is supposed to be known as some big hitter, but i havent seen him make one big hit all year. Sims is nothing special, but he gets one more year by virtue of his contract and hes a wide body who can take up blockers. It doesnt look he will ever be what he was advertised as. A pure pass rushing threat. Damn You Bunting!!

Sims was NEVER advertised as a pure pass-rushing threat. EVER.

The team said repeatedly that Sims was NOT the best run stopper DT in that draft. He was NOT the best pass rusher DT in that draft.

What they said he was was the most well-rounded, least RISKY DT in that draft.

nmt1
11-18-2004, 06:20 AM
I can't believe anyone actually listens to a word Keitzman says. Priest is injured and won't play this Monday, that's all we know. Anything else is speculation.