PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS A FOOTBALL FORUM???

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Help me out here boys and girls. No football talk. How come???

LiL stumppy
11-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Because we suck at football so we get depressed when we talk about it.

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
How much football talk was there in Patsville when Bledsoe was leading your team to 3-13 seasons?

Raiderhader
11-17-2004, 05:49 PM
IS THIS A FOOTBALL FORUM???

Not this season.

Demonpenz
our football team resembles a pregnant woman riding a rollercoaster

Deberg_1990
How much football talk was there in Patsville when Bledsoe was leading your team to 3-13 seasons?

exactly my thoughts....

ENDelt260
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Here's five football threads that have been posted on within the past half hour.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104551

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104549

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104540

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104514

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103889

HolmeZz
11-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, we're no longer in the Football business. We've crossed over to Comedy.

jayhawktx
Some football is discussed here. But to call this a football forum would be a stretch (unfortunately).

Pats Fan
Well, bad team or good -- you still stick by your team. And yes Iowaian (or whatever), I sat in Foxboro stadium when we went 1-15 more than once. No football talk. Your team is not that bad.

ENDelt260
11-17-2004, 05:53 PM
No football talk.

Open your eyes.

Raiderhader
11-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Well, bad team or good -- you still stick by your team. And yes Iowaian (or whatever), I sat in Foxboro stadium when we went 1-15 more than once. No football talk. Your team is not that bad.

No one (to my knowledge) is quitting on their team. We aren't talking about them (by and large) because they haven't given us anything to talk about.

I agree that our team is not that bad, we are just playing that way this year.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 05:55 PM
What I was trying to say is that for me (a diehard Pats fan), it did not matter -- win or lose I was there at the game. After 30 years, still a season ticket holder. Actually, really honestly, when we were bums, we had the best tailgate parties ever. Ever. We actually had more fun. Now it is all serious business. After all, it is only football. Fun, but still just a football game.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Our team is like a 5 year old with a hand grenade. You never know which team he's gonna blow up. (Stolen from Amnorix)

morphius
11-17-2004, 05:57 PM
This BB has grown from just a football BB into a community of (mostly) friends, its always this way. Our team is good enough to whip any team in the NFL, and yet bad enough to let every team stay in the game and finds a way to lose. We had higher expectations then being an okay team that doesn't make the playoff's.

Iowanian
Maybe if you fire up a football thread, instead of wondering aloud why noone is pahkin in da cah-pahk.......you'd be able to spark some good debate.

As I see it, we all know Chief fans are basically going to be De-pansed on National TV monday night.

No Priest Holmes, No Cornerbacks, No safeties with any heart left, and possibly a guy who was on Practice squad for a month playing LB.

I was sitting through Todd Blackledge and a horde of other scrubs while you were Flogging the Dolphin while William Perry did the superbowl shuffle accross your dance floor.

Yeah.........We're stoked.

Raiderhader
What I was trying to say is that for me (a diehard Pats fan), it did not matter -- win or lose I was there at the game. After 30 years, still a season ticket holder. Actually, really honestly, when we were bums, we had the best tailgate parties ever. Ever. We actually had more fun. Now it is all serious business. After all, it is only football. Fun, but still just a football game.

Dude, you are equating talk about the team to actually attending the game... That don't make no sense.

Mile High Mania
11-17-2004, 05:58 PM
The odd thing is that the Patriots have won 2 of 3 SuperBowls and .... the only real site for them is www.patriotsplanet.com ... and Kyle created it.

tk13
11-17-2004, 06:00 PM
What's any of that have to do with posts on a message board. You can bet your behind that there are a bunch of people that post here that are going to be in Arrowhead cheering on the Chiefs Monday, and the ones that aren't will be in front of the TV watching the game...

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Am I wrong?? I see images of your stadium. I hear announcers saying you have some of the best fans. I see it. It was maybe 4 years ago. I don't follow your team because we are in a different division, but I remember those images. Is that gone?? I hope not.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:02 PM
patriots.com. That is the only place I post.

KcMizzou
11-17-2004, 06:03 PM
I see images of your stadium. I hear announcers saying you have some of the best fans. I see it. It was maybe 4 years ago. I don't follow your team because we are in a different division, but I remember those images. Is that gone?? I hope not.
Absolutely not.

Mile High Mania
Pats Fan - my suggestion to you is to start up a football conversation. Most of the KC fans here are pissed at their 3-6 team. Calling them out isn't going to get you anywhere.

Start a new thread, and see where it goes.

Iowanian
Its not gone..................But if you paid attention to the scoreboard, you'd have noticed the Saints Having Relations with our Girlfriend sunday.

Come Friday or Saturday, Most fans will overlook the fact that our team is a whore without Blue Eyeshadow, and go yell until we can't talk until the next thursday to support her.

HolmeZz
11-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Am I wrong?? I see images of your stadium. I hear announcers saying you have some of the best fans. I see it. It was maybe 4 years ago. I don't follow your team because we are in a different division, but I remember those images. Is that gone?? I hope not.

Not at all. It's still one of the toughest places to play in the league. And our D plays better at home than on the road. That's not saying much though, unfortunately.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:05 PM
I really don't know what to say. Darn, you are really down on your team. Snap out of it already.

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Start a friggin football thread then.

Spicy McHaggis
11-17-2004, 06:08 PM
I count around 10 football related threads on the front pg. Am I wrong?

dtebbe
11-17-2004, 06:08 PM
We only talk about football when we have a tough opponent coming up. Check back next week, we play the Chargers on the 28th.

DT

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2004, 06:09 PM
We're not always as much a football board as we are a board full of people connected by their love for Chiefs football. When the one you love is blowing everyone else on the block your likely to find something else to occupy your time.

Iowanian
You're welcome for Mike Cloud.

Demonpenz
when's the last time the pats won anything.

SECTION11
11-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, here's this I guess...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6073&stc=1

Pats Fan
How can I start a thread Iowanian?? I will get - oh we stink. We have nothing to talk about. Well, go look at the Buffalo Bills BB. They have PLENTY to talk about and they are a much worse team than KC. Darn, I just cannot talk about politics, or sex on TV, or bible thumpers. They really make me sick.

Dr. Facebook Fever
I really don't know what to say. Darn, you are really down on your team. Snap out of it already.
No. We suck. We've accepted it. Next topic. Anyone seen any good movies lately?

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
You started this one.............

If you have some issues or questions....Post them..there are a plethora of solid Football posters.

If you're just here to Disparage already beaten down fans........Suk mah boaws.

ENDelt260
Well, here's this I guess...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6073&stc=1
Awesome.

Pats Fan
Iowanian, I was not a happy camper when they traded Mike Cloud this year -- to the Giants I believe. We really could have used him. Bill Belichick wants guys that can do more than one thing. Mike Cloud could run - period. But I really, really liked the guy. Hey, he is from my home state, Rhode Island. Yes, it is a state.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Well, go look at the Buffalo Bills BB. They have PLENTY to talk about and they are a much worse team than KC.
That's offensive. I say we're at least as bad as the Bills.

:p

ENDelt260
11-17-2004, 06:14 PM
How can I start a thread Iowanian?? I will get - oh we stink. We have nothing to talk about. Well, go look at the Buffalo Bills BB. They have PLENTY to talk about and they are a much worse team than KC. Darn, I just cannot talk about politics, or sex on TV, or bible thumpers. They really make me sick.
Oh, visiting mentally challenged one. There are a number of football threads on the front page at the moment. I've alreay provided you with direct links to some that have had recent posts on them.

We have a open forum here. Other topics are allowed as well. If you don't want to read them, don't click them. But, there's plenty of football discussion to contribute to as well.

Click a football thread and throw in your two cents... or take your bullshit elsewhere.

chiefs4me
11-17-2004, 06:15 PM

That's all these boys do it talk football,,,can't you read,,,,,so if you don't like it shut your yak hole and go to the bills site,,,,,

Donger
11-17-2004, 06:18 PM

Man, you would have freaked out if you'd visited before the DC Forum was created.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes, you are all correct. When you post, you can say what you want, when you want to, about what you want to. (within reason of course!!). I apologize. I just came over to this forum to find out what is happening with the KC team, how you felt about the game coming up on Monday because I really do not know that much about your team. My mistake. Sorry.

Donger
11-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes, you are all correct. When you post, you can say what you want, when you want to, about what you want to. (within reason of course!!). I apologize. I just came over to this forum to find out what is happening with the KC team, how you felt about the game coming up on Monday because I really do not know that much about your team. My mistake. Sorry.

The Chiefs suck.

Now piss off.

:)

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Pats.

You didn't do anything to necessarily draw our angst, but you've got to realize where we're at as a fanbase....

We've got 2 veteran safeties who are giving less effort than a 85 year old phone sex operator, 1 starting LB who might be playing on any other team in the league, a Starting RDE who isn't doing jack to earn his pay, 2 corners who have season passes at the Burn unit and our Best Defensive linemen got Cut by Denver. Priest Holmes' knee is injured, we've got a decent backup, but a 1st round RB who the Coach would rather leave on the Bench and start Roseanne Barr.........But at least the QB who is playing his heart out, is throwing to Eddie and Morton, who obviously are jerking off for pregame warmups with their fumbles, and a "great" offensive line that is giving up sacks to 3 and 4 man rushes at crunch time.

....But at least the Coach doesn't see the need to make any changes for the game.

We've all got short fuses due to PMS(Pats Monday Syndrome)

If the Chiefs beat the Pats, which they could........We'll all get our Hopes up, and the broad will be pointing her ass up for Sandy Eggo next week.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2004, 06:23 PM
We feel like 49-17 Patriots is likey................but it won't really be that close.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Oh, visiting mentally challenged one. There are a number of football threads on the front page at the moment. I've alreay provided you with direct links to some that have had recent posts on them.

We have a open forum here. Other topics are allowed as well. If you don't want to read them, don't click them. But, there's plenty of football discussion to contribute to as well.

Click a football thread and throw in your two cents... or take your bullshit elsewhere.
Show him that magic trick where you make him disappear.

jspchief
11-17-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't buy it. This guy is either retarded or putting on act. He claims to want to talk football, but all he's done so far is accuse us of being lousy fans.

Pats Fan, if you want to talk football, then start talking. Don't bother with your thinly veiled jabs at the loyalty of Chiefs fans. I'll guarantee that your team will spend more time discussing crowd noise this week than they have all year...because of us lousy fans.

Personally, I think we beat you guys. It won't be a blowout, but you guys will be on the "catch-up" side for most of the game. The only reason we won't wipe the field with you guys is because Holmes is out and our defense sucks. Otherwise I think our O would would have exposed you like areola at Mardi Gras. KC can beat any team in the NFL and we've embarrassed other teams that have come in with "good" defenses.

If we seem chippy or rude, it's because a season that we had high hopes for is circling the drain. That's magnified by all the yippy-skippy Pats fans that are coming in here pissing rainbows and crapping pots of gold. Basically, everything is going wrong for KC while everything is going right for NE.

KcMizzou
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
exposed you like areola at Mardi Gras. ROFLROFL

Phobia
11-17-2004, 07:11 PM

Here ya go. www.wildbillschiefs.com

They talk about only football there. There's about 5% as much traffic and it may take a while to get responses, but they have the football talk. Have fun.

jspchief
11-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Here ya go. www.wildbillschiefs.com (http://www.wildbillschiefs.com)

They talk about only football there. There's about 5% as much traffic and it may take a while to get responses, but they have the football talk. Have fun.

Haha. Wildbills is the site I defected from. I was tired of getting bagged on for being too negative. The negative guys on this site make me look like a blind homer.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Haha. Wildbills is the site I defected from. I was tired of getting bagged on for being too negative. The negative guys on this site make me look like a blind homer.

Yeah. I know and respect Bill. He's a nice kid. He's also built an incredible Chiefs site - one of the oldest on the internet which is amazing considering he started it when he was ~15. I also know Clue. But I really don't like how they run that board. It's a homer site, IMO.

But, if people don't like ChiefsPlanet (and not everybody will), I try to send them to an alternate site I think they'll enjoy.

Jenson71
11-17-2004, 07:32 PM
This thread has really inspired me to make a new thread...Thanks

jspchief
11-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah. I know and respect Bill. He's a nice kid. He's also built an incredible Chiefs site - one of the oldest on the internet which is amazing considering he started it when he was ~15. I also know Clue. But I really don't like how they run that board. It's a homer site, IMO.

But, if people don't like ChiefsPlanet (and not everybody will), I try to send them to an alternate site I think they'll enjoy.

"Homer site". That says it best. They talk good football, but every cloud has a silver lining and no cloud ever holds rain. Bill doesn't seem to have much to do with the site anymore, it's pretty much run by the mods, some of whom are questionable. I still pop in to read stuff over there occasionally, but rarely post.

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 08:51 PM
There was just as much non football talk last year when we came out of the gates with the huge winning streak...

tk13
11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
There was just as much non football talk last year when we came out of the gates with the huge winning streak...
There might have been less. There wasn't a lot to talk about really...

"We kicked Buffalo's ass, 38-5!!"

"Yeah!"

"WEEEEEEEEEE!"

"My kids were offended because Paul Macguire's face was naked."

"Uh... anyone seen any good movies lately?"

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
There might have been less. There wasn't a lot to talk about really...

"We kicked Buffalo's ass, 38-5!!"

"Yeah!"

"WEEEEEEEEEE!"

"My kids were offended because Paul Macguire's face was naked."

"Uh... anyone seen any good movies lately?"
There are so many regulars on this board and they have such set stances that I venture to say that we could make a football thread...be assigned a different regular and you could write their points FOR them and for eachother.

The thread wouldnt read that different.

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2004, 09:00 PM

I used to talk to Wild Bill over ICQ all the time. At one time he was considering recruiting me to write for his site.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM
There are so many regulars on this board and they have such set stances that I venture to say that we could make a football thread...be assigned a different regular and you could write their points FOR them and for eachother.

dibs on kcnut when he talk about the games sunday he make a good points and he alredy pretty good guy

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM
I used to talk to Wild Bill over ICQ all the time. At one time he was considering recruiting me to write for his site.

Yeah, you're one of those I tried to send over to his site. :D

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 09:03 PM
dibs on kcnut when he talk about the games sunday he make a good points and he alredy pretty good guy
ROFL

Nice...

I wonder who I should try to write for... :hmmm:

Raiderhader
11-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah, you're one of those I tried to send over to his site. :D

One meatpeeker incident would throw them into a frenzy like they have never known before.

Buster's Dad
11-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Around here we're all like the little boy that came home to find out that his momma, who he thought was the best , had to buy a new mattress cause curb service wore the old one out.
in other words our expectations exceeded reality by a mile and we are still in shock

jayhawktx
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Around here we're all like the little boy that came home to find out that his momma, who he thought was the best , had to buy a new mattress cause curb service wore the old one out.
in other words our expectations exceeded reality by a mile and we are still in shock

Well, this pretty much sums things up..I guess?!

digi2fish
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
FOOTBALL ?!??!!!
how dare you mention it here ?!?!!!?
:banghead:

well,
what I have to say is, if you're looking for the die-hard Chiefs fans, this is the right place.

jspchief
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
well,
what I have to say is, if you're looking for the die-hard Chiefs fans, this is the right place.

Yea, and Digi should know...he drives all the way from Taiwan to attend every game. Then he drives home the same night, even with a slight buzz on.

digi2fish
11-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Yea, and Digi should know...he drives all the way from Taiwan to attend every game. Then he drives home the same night, even with a slight buzz on.

that's right
I'm an excellent X-Wing pilot.

Warrior5
11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Others have already eloquently answered your question, but assuming your post is sincere, here are some more reasons why us fans are in the dumps.

We entered this season with high hopes, fully realizing that while Gun wasn't the be-all, know-all fix for our abysmal defense, he may have been the catalyst to improve our D just enough to allow our "juggernaut" O to win more than 3 games.

Our GM and head coach stood pat with last year's roster as is; combined with numerous injuries, our headcoach is now starting players that have no business starting. Our O-line, usually the envy of every other team, has recently been allowing sacks/pressures from 3- and 4-man rushes.

Aside from an inconsistent F4, our D is simply non-existent. Period.

In case you didn't notice, the Chiefs pissed away their last playoff hopes last week to an utterly horrid team in NO, after which our head coach proclaimed the season over.

Now, the defending SB champs (who are a class act, and for the life of me, I can't find a single reason to hate), are coming in to Arrowhead to face a demoralized, imploded, broken, second string Chiefs roster consisting pod people. Brady and Dillon should each have a career game in front of a nationally MNF audience.

Hope this answers your question, and I hope the Chiefs stomp a mudhole in the Pats on Monday night.