PDA

View Full Version : For Pats Fan: Patriots - Chiefs pre game chatter

Mile High Mania
11-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Ok, Pats Fan... here you go.

My "outside objective view" to this game is as follows:

KC has beaten the Ravens and the Colts, while losing to the likes of the Saints, Bucs and Panthers. They have lost 2 games at home, but the last time they were on Monday Night Football... just happened to be a win at Baltimore.

This team is a damn mystery to figure out.

The Patriots are doing really well, but the defense can be beat. The lack of Holmes will hurt KC, but if Blaylock can keep his focus, he can have success.

I think this will be a struggle for two quarters - the 2nd and 3rd - with most of the action coming early and late. I see the Chiefs making a game of it, but this will actually turn into a good game with Vinitieri winning it late for the Patriots.

I don't say this b/c I don't like KC ... I just think the better team will win, but the Chiefs at Arrowhead on MNF will make a game of it.

Your turn.

David.
11-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Broncos are homofags

:)

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 06:18 PM
the chiefs start their push for 8-8 on monday night. Our defense somehow holds Jesus Brady in check while our O does alright.

FloridaChief
11-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Patriots are gonna nail-gun our collective asses to the floor Mon night...

HolmeZz
11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
You probably should be rooting for us at this point, MHM.

tk13
11-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Chiefs 222
Patriots 0

Mark it down.

DJay23
11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) are homofags

:)
Intelligent post. I see that Mizzou education is already working it's magic.

David.
11-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Intelligent post. I see that Mizzou education is already working it's magic.

Yes, because every one of my posts have to be serious. I see that KU douchebagginess is already working it's magic.

Mile High Mania
11-17-2004, 06:24 PM
You probably should be rooting for us at this point, MHM.

Actually, I would love for KC to win on Monday Night ... as long as Brady has 300 yards / 3 TDs and 0 TDs... none to Givens. Oh, and Dillon has to have less than 100 total yards and to TDs.

Green can have a big day, as long as Gonzo doesn't catch anything. That's asking a lot there though. :p Oh, I need Blaylock to rock and roll.

Honestly, KC can win and I'd be fine with it. I do need those individual players to perform accordingly though, for fantasy purposes.

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 06:25 PM
This would be a great time for Bigsexy to show up and hold up his sign about Bledsoe from another infamouse KC-NE monday night game.

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm actually expecting a valiant effort from our D. They play much better at Arrowhead and Monday Night will bring the best out of them. They will be helped by the fact that NE doesn't have a premiere receiver. We have done a decent job against the run this year, so I'm actually expecting Dillon to be held under 100 yards.

Unfortunately I can see us losing due to a bad night from the running game. If Blaylock has a good night, though, we should win. Green will have his usual good game, especially with Ty Law out of the lineup. We might see a deep one to Kennison.

Chiefs 31 Patriots 24

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
i hate fantasy because of that

DJay23
11-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Yes, because every one of my posts have to be serious. I see that KU douchebagginess is already working it's magic.
I guess you got me skip. I'll defer to the expert (i.e. Mizzou student)on "homofags."

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey Mile High. Came back for a few moments to lurk and saw your comments. Good perspective. You know you guys owned us for years. The Elway curse. I loved Elway. Go AFC. I always felt, if the Pats can't win, I want the AFC to win. Elway was great.

The Pats, well you know we keep on winning, but they always keep us on the seats of our pants. Please, can you just put the game away. Even though I don't know much about the KC team, I do know it will be a tough challenge for the Pats. As for no secondary, how bout the Pats putting Troy Brown in??? Law, Poole -- out. We are hurting at that position and can be taken advantage of. But there is something about this Pats team that finds a way to win. I believe it is the coaching, and Brady. In that order. Should be a good game.

PatsWin2002
11-17-2004, 06:41 PM
The Patriots are very consistent whereas the Chiefs have a huge Jeckyll/Hyde thing going on.

I certainly don't want to see a shootout.

Look for Dillon to try to do what he did last week - control the clock and keep the possession time largely in our favor. That will keep your offense off the field as much as possible.

I imagine we'll play you much like we did the Colts in week 1.

Pats Fan
Well Mile High, I guess you took off. Ok. Between a Pats and Broncs fan, I always had respect for KC teams. You know, we all have good and bad years. Man, you had some good ones with Elway. We Brady and Belichick, we are having some good ones. But as a football fan, I watch a lot of games and remember the KC stadium and the fans. Tell these folks to snap out of it already.

David.
I guess you got me skip. I'll defer to the expert (i.e. Mizzou student)on "homofags."

HA good one :-|

donshula
11-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Bill Belichick said "The Chiefs O is much better then
the Rams O" on weei Monday.He also said the Chiefs
are a better over all team then the Rams...

I think he hates mike martzs

DJay23
11-17-2004, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Pats Fan] Elway was great.
[QUOTE]
You are welcome here no more.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Elway was great. So was Kelly. So was Marino. And Grogan was always the light in my eyes. Yeh. Elway however came home with the Bowl.

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
By the way, Pats fans, what's your injury status?

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
I do however think the key to a Patriot win is Dillon. This guy is something else. We have not had a running game for years -- after Parcells stole Curtis Martin from us. Dillon is one heck of a back. As for not having any good receivers, I do not buy into that. Our guys are pretty solid. Maybe not the flash, but they run good routes and do not drop any balls. If Deion Branch plays this week, well, he is really good. My favorite, Givins. Way underrated. But, we have not secondary!!!!!!!!!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
11-17-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/8ACDE6136B1E428F8294AF6950B9A32E.GIF?0.4370862888624516

Pats Fan
No secondary that is. Injury -- for sure Law and Poole out. Ouch. No secondary. Near, or just plain rookies and Troy Brown. Except of course, Rodney Harrison -- that guy shows up. Deion Branch. Have to check, he may play.

Count Alex's Wins
As for not having any good receivers, I do not buy into that. Our guys are pretty solid.

I think the Pats receiving corps is excellent. Better than KC's. Incredible depth.

I was more referring to the fact that you don't have anyone like a Joe Horn or a Jimmy Smith.

Premeire receivers have totally destroyed the Chiefs this year.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh my word, injury for the Pats. Forget it. Not knowing much about day to day KC stuff, your injury report is -- a disaster. Wow, OK. I will shut up now.

tk13
11-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh my word, injury for the Pats. Forget it. Not knowing much about day to day KC stuff, your injury report is -- a disaster. Wow, OK. I will shut up now.
Welcome to our season.

tk13
11-17-2004, 06:57 PM
I must add that it is nice to finally see a "D" for the first time next to Kris Wilson's name...

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Maybe we will see wilson next week?

jspchief
11-17-2004, 07:01 PM
I doubt we'll see Branch. He's been questionable for about 5 weeks now and hasn't played. I don't expect much from Branch even if he does play. He's missed the entire season. He may get a catch or two, but he won't be a major part of your offense.

As far as Dillon, he doesn't scare me. He's the type of runner that we have success against. He's not terribly fast or shifty, just a hard runner. KC does a good job of plugging the initial gap, it's the cutback lanes that kill us. Dillon doesn't cut that hard.

My biggest concern is the passing game. I'm expecting to be shredded in the mid-range Brady & Co. It won't be the bombs like Houston or NO, it'll be the slants like the Denver game where Rod Smith looked like he was running uncovered. Our safeties just don't know how to cover the intermediate timing routes, and we're so weak at LB with the injuries that they won't be providing any help.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Username - I should also say that most of our draft choices are out for most of the year. We had some really good prospects on the offensive side that are not playing. One Watson (TE), man this guy reminded me of Ben Coates. Really, really good. Hope to see him back soon. Also, we drafted a big WR - PK Sam. Out. One problem we have on the receiving side is that most are small. They are called the smurfs. That's OK. They do pretty good. Like I said before, coaching and Brady. They make the difference in our team. Brady goes down, the Pats are going into a big slide. Big time.

But based upon what I am reading you have two teams. Which one will show up. You have the advantage. You play at home. For the Pats, that is huge. HUGE. Hope the Hyde team shows up for KC. Sorry, just showing my bias.

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 07:03 PM
As far as Dillon, he doesn't scare me. He's the type of runner that we have success against. He's not terribly fast or shifty, just a hard runner. KC does a good job of plugging the initial gap, it's the cutback lanes that kill us. Dillon doesn't cut that hard.

Sort of Michael Pittman kind of runner :rolleyes:

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 07:06 PM
I would not underestimate Dillon. I think that is a mistake. This guy plays with heart. I think Dillon will be a big factor in the game. Brady cannot throw all the time. When Dillon was out, we got beat. We really do not have a good backup runner. We had Cloud, but BB got rid of him. That really bumed me out. I really liked the guy.

Regardless, should be a good game.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2004, 07:08 PM
I expect a win and a good effort by our D, being home will help.

Pats Fan
11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Off folks, things to do. I think the KC team and fans are class acts. Get you folks going and you talk great football without throwing the barbs. Don't need those, after all, it is only a football game. I learned some good insight into your team, and will learn more before the week is out. Hope we in New England do not have to turn out the lights on Monday night.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2004, 07:09 PM

Yeah, but I seem to remember Michael Pittman busting out for 78 yards against us too.

Basicly, you could suit anybody up in an opposing uniform and let them take the field against the Chiefs defense, and they would worry me. Their lack of focus is like nothing I have ever seen. I bet my grandmother could bust a big one on the Chief defense.

It wouldnt surprise me to see the Chiefs pull it off though. They beat the good teams, and fall to the teams that they should destroy. But without Priest holmes, I dont see it happening. Shoot. Even with Priest Holmes it would be one hell of an upset, Arrowhead stadium or not. They way this team is playing, they would be lucky if some college teams couldnt beat them.

NewChief
11-17-2004, 07:11 PM
I would not underestimate Dillon. I think that is a mistake. This guy plays with heart. I think Dillon will be a big factor in the game. Brady cannot throw all the time. When Dillon was out, we got beat. We really do not have a good backup runner. We had Cloud, but BB got rid of him. That really bumed me out. I really liked the guy.

Regardless, should be a good game.

I'd say how bad Dillon hurts us depends on how long your coaches are willing to stick with the running game. There's a chance that we can stuff him pretty good for quite a few plays, but if they're willing to stick with it, he'll eventually break one for some distance. Of course, as many other teams have noticed (Tampa), there's no real reason to even run on us. We're so freaking vulnerable to the passing game that you can exploit it all night.

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 07:12 PM

The Chiefs did a good job against Pittman apart from one run.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches ive seen in terms of gameplanning.

Honestly, the guy has to be salivating at putting his squad out there against the Chiefs. He will have the patience to stick with the run, but as was mentioned, the pass defense is so weak right now that they most likely will have nothing to worry about.

The d line gets little to no pressure on the QB, and with a guy like Brady, thats a good recipe for disaster.

jspchief
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd say how bad Dillon hurts us depends on how long your coaches are willing to stick with the running game. There's a chance that we can stuff him pretty good for quite a few plays, but if they're willing to stick with it, he'll eventually break one for some distance. Of course, as many other teams have noticed (Tampa), there's no real reason to even run on us. We're so freaking vulnerable to the passing game that you can exploit it all night.

My sentiments exactly. The Baltimore game is the perfect example. We held Lewis enough in the first half to take them away from the run. Later in the game he started shredding us, but it was too little too late. We have played solid run D in the first half of most games and Belichick is famous for not committing to the run.

redhed
11-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I say 30-21 Chefs. We win only because its MNF and the Chefs will try to milk every ounce of emotion from the loyal fan before stomping on his heart again in this abortion of a season. Win the battle(Pats game), lose the war (the season). Top 10 pick here we come!!

SEPatsFan
11-17-2004, 08:12 PM
and Belichick is famous for not committing to the run.

I tend to disagree with you here. The Pats have been very constant about at least trying to run the ball. Even with no running game to speak of last year, the backs still got around 20 touches a game. To this point Dillion is averaging 22 per game (not counting the game he missed)

The Pitt game was an aberition because we got way down early because of two turnovers. That game we had no running games because we were down, and because it is the game Dillion sat out.

Monday should be a good game, but I expect that the game plan will be similar to the one against Buffalo. Scheme will be diffrent, plan will be the same. Take (or at least slow down) the running game, get a lead, and make you pass to catch up.

Bowser
11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
It will be too tempting for the Pats to not pass against us. Our secondary is playing like a bunch of cooches, and Brady is deadly in the short to medium range passes. I expect to see Dillon used as we use Priest with a lot of draws and quick hitting stuff.

If our offense can avoid the turnover problem of the last few weeks, we'll have a legitimate chance. At this point, though, that's a big "if".

I fully expect to see almost 80 points put up by the two teams.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 08:34 PM
I try to get up for this game but I just can't. The Pats will grind us into the turf. There won't be anything left but a grease spot.

Bowser
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
I try to get up for this game but I just can't. The Pats will grind us into the turf. There won't be anything left but a grease spot.

Just think if Haslett can outcoach Vermeil & co., what is Bellichick and his staff going to do?

:shake:

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
I am worried about Corey Dillon the most...I really think we will win this game.

Sounds weird I know...but we seem to rise\fall to the opp.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 10:02 PM
I am worried about Corey Dillon the most...I really think we will win this game.

Sounds weird I know...but we seem to rise\fall to the opp.

Its at home, the team seems to play better and feed off of the Arrowhead energy. Its basically our Super Bowl now, if they cant get up to play this game , they truly are hopeless. I have a feeling it will be another shootout, but the Pats will pull it out in the end. The Pats are superb in tight games.

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 10:16 PM
After losing on the road to Jax, KC came home and needed a win, Atlanta was the victim in a big way.

KC has lost 2 on the road, they need a win in a big way, All I can say is look out NE. It would not suprise me one bit to see KC win this game.

BTA, we could lose it,but I feel a win.

InvisibleCloudBein
11-17-2004, 10:41 PM
The Patriots are on a 23-1 run right now, and they should win this game. Everything Bellichick touches turns to gold these days.

And I bet Brady is licking his chops thinking about facing the Chief "defense".

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2004, 10:44 PM
The Patriots are on a 23-1 run right now, and they should win this game. Everything Bellichick touches turns to gold these days.

And I bet Brady is licking his chops thinking about facing the Chief "defense".

InvisibleCloudBein's post on another team's board next week:

The Patriots are on a 23-2 run right now, and they should win this game. Everything Bellichick touches turns to gold these days.

And I bet Brady is licking his chops thinking about facing the *insert next week's opponent* "defense"

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 10:44 PM

The Patriots are on a 23-2 run right now, and they should win this game. Everything Bellichick touches turns to gold these days.

And I bet Brady is licking his chops thinking about facing the *insert next week's opponent* "defense"
ROFL

Inspector
11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
The Patriots are very consistent whereas the Chiefs have a huge Jeckyll/Hyde thing going on.

I certainly don't want to see a shootout.

Look for Dillon to try to do what he did last week - control the clock and keep the possession time largely in our favor. That will keep your offense off the field as much as possible.

I imagine we'll play you much like we did the Colts in week 1.

We'll get your offense off the field pretty quickly.

Should only take a few seconds for your team to score, then you'll have to kick us the ball.

hahahahahah, so there!

alanm
11-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Chiefs historically play to the level of their compitition. Always have always will. Which means Chiefs win on Monday night. It's the loser teams Chiefs have trouble with. The teams they should beat.:banghead::cuss:

alanm
11-17-2004, 11:17 PM
If this game turns into a shootout. You got to go with the Chiefs. The Chiefs can hang half a hundred on anybody without breaking a sweat. If Holmes doesn't suit up it just makes it a little harder. It just depends which team shows up Monday. The team that slaughtered Atlanta or the team which let the wheels fall off in New Orleans.:banghead:

go bowe
11-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Chiefs historically play to the level of their compitition. Always have always will. Which means Chiefs win on Monday night. It's the loser teams Chiefs have trouble with. The teams they should beat.:banghead::cuss:sadly, thats the truth... :( :( :(

6 Iron
11-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Chiefs historically play to the level of their compitition. Always have always will. Which means Chiefs win on Monday night. It's the loser teams Chiefs have trouble with. The teams they should beat.:banghead::cuss:

Normally, I would agree with this. But I am concerned that with Priest's injury, and the sense of the team that last week was a must win, we will take a beating of Monday Night Meltdown proportions. I only hope that I am dining on crow Tuesday.

InvisibleCloudBein
11-18-2004, 12:04 AM

I am a Chiefs fan you dipsh*t!

I can recognize some amazing sh*t when I see it. Troy Brown playing competent CB? Vinatieri TD passes? Vrabel catching TD passes? Who pulls that stuff off? Who wins 21 in a row?

I don't hate the Patriots and I can call a spade a spade, LoserName.

|Zach|
11-18-2004, 12:52 AM

I can recognize some amazing sh*t when I see it. Troy Brown playing competent CB? Vinatieri TD passes? Vrabel catching TD passes? Who pulls that stuff off? Who wins 21 in a row?

Go to bed.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 01:25 AM
as long as Brady has 300 yards / 3 TDs and 0 TDs

How the hell will he have 3 TDs and 0 TDs?

alanm
11-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Normally, I would agree with this. But I am concerned that with Priest's injury, and the sense of the team that last week was a must win, we will take a beating of Monday Night Meltdown proportions. I only hope that I am dining on crow Tuesday.I don't know what it is with the Chiefs but through the years the Chiefs no matter the year always play well when they play the elite teams. And usually winning. Especially at Arrowhead. You look back through the years and it seems we have played a lot of SB winners either sometime in the reg season or the next season after a team wins the SB we've beat them. Off the top of my head would be Green Bay in 96, Denver in 97 San Fran right around that time can't recall the exact year. St Louis in 2000 ect. ect. The point is they seem to always play to the level of their competition. I still think the Chiefs major problem getting over the hump is they tend to overlook a lot of teams. Especially teams they face with losing records. It's like they show up to a lot of these games expecting to win and are geniunly-sp shocked when they fall behind. Then they start pressing to make plays and brain farting ensues.:banghead:

Count Alex's Wins
11-18-2004, 01:42 AM

Sorry I just hadn't seen your name before.

el borracho
11-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Sorry I just hadn't seen your name before.
That is because he is invisible. :thumb:

SPchief
11-18-2004, 01:50 AM

seriously dude go to bed.

I think that the chiefs will not go into hyde mode because of several reasons.

1. they play up/down to whoever they are playing

2. they historically play better at home

3. the usually play better in primetime games

anybody agree, disagree :shrug:

bideau
11-18-2004, 06:26 AM
A couple of observations after skimming this thread.

1. The Pats will try to control the clock with Dillon and short passes. Dillon had 151 yds against Buffalo, which hadn't let up a single 100+ rusher all season. The Pats must control the clock and keep the KC offense off the field.

2. Deion Branch had been "doubtful" until last week, when he was upgraded to "questionable" and practiced on Friday. This may be the game in which he finally plays again.

3. David Givens has become the main target for Brady. He's big and strong. Teams have not been able to completely shut him down. Brown and Patten are on the downside, but still effective. Bethel Johnson has been a big dissapointment so far.

4. The Pats D will probably play the bend but don't break game. They will play this the way they played the Colts. Just don't get beat by the big play. Force the KC offense to be patient. And batten down the hatches in the red zone.

5. The Pats are not intimidated by playing on the road. They've gotten used to taking every team's best shot. Over the last two seasons, they've won in some difficult places including Denver on Monday night, Miami in the heat and Indy. They understand that teams play better when they're home so they elevate their game as well.

6. I think this will be a very difficult game for the Pats. Whichever team maximizes their red zone opportunities will win. The Pats offense has not been doing a good job here. But the D has been keeping teams out of the end zone.

Mile High Mania
11-18-2004, 07:13 AM
How the hell will he have 3 TDs and 0 TDs?

Ok, surely you realize that was a typo... 300 yds / 3 TDs / 0 INTs. Oh, and I know ... never call you Shirley.

Skip Towne
11-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Ok, surely you realize that was a typo... 300 yds / 3 TDs / 0 INTs. Oh, and I know ... never call you Shirley.
Thanks for the clarification. I would have never figured that out.