PDA

View Full Version : Was Vlad justified in being negative in the offseason?

Logical
11-17-2004, 09:07 PM
A simple yes or no?

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 09:08 PM
No. Hindsight is 20/20.

Frazod
11-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Apparently, yes.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Yes, I actually was on your bandwagon a little bit in the preseason. I just never wanted to fully admit it. It was hard to come to terms with.

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Enjoy your victory.

Count Zarth
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I voted yes. But you did predict 9-7, did you not? It appears that 9-7 is a pipedream right now.

go bowe
11-17-2004, 09:26 PM
unfortunately, you were absolutely right... :(

Jenson71
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I voted no because this will all contribute to Vlad's evil, egotistical mind. And that will only lead to serious and dangerous consequences.

Logical
11-17-2004, 09:31 PM
I voted yes. But you did predict 9-7, did you not? It appears that 9-7 is a pipedream right now.

Yup it appears I was actually too optimistic. Weird huh :shrug:

OldTownChief
11-17-2004, 09:35 PM
No. Hindsight is 20/20.

But it's not hindsight if he was complaining before the season started, I remember getting bashed all over the place for predicting 8-8.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Vlad was absolutely right. So I've decided to adopt a negative attitude until things change around here. From now on, I hate everybody. Don't any of you even attempt to talk to me.

tk13
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I think it would bring far more entertainment value to the board if everybody voted no. If I had mod powers I'd bend this thread over and spank it like a redheaded stepchild, or JennyGump. It'd be 500-6 in favor of "no". :)

tk13
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Vlad was absolutely right. So I've decided to adopt a negative attitude until things change around here. From now on, I hate everybody. Don't any of you even attempt to talk to me.
Screw off. Negativity sucks. Let's all be f'ing positive for a change you numbskulls. I hate everyone.

Michael Michigan
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM

This is a new attitude?

;)

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Screw off. Negativity sucks. Let's all be f'ing positive for a change you numbskulls. I hate everyone.
Hey, suck my baows. :p

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh, and I forgot to ask, Did a squirrel eat your brains or are you just naturally that stupid?

go bowe
11-17-2004, 09:55 PM
This is a new attitude?

;)ROFL ROFL ROFL :clap: :clap: :clap:

SNR
11-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey now, come on, the season's not over yet!

Okay, now it is.

Manila-Chief
11-17-2004, 10:07 PM
The amazing thing is ... I was with you when Kingless didn't make an attempt to sign any talent for the D. Then I listened to the hype coming out of Arrowhead and thought they had a chance.....

Things will not change until Lamar turns over the reigns. Championships are built from the top down. Back in the 60's Lamar had burning desire for a championship and put his money and expertise where his mouth was. Hank took us to the first S.B. and won it all for us. It seems since then he has turned "business" and not championship.

Oh, BTW ... Kingless needs to go as well! Terrible evaluator of talent, and what is worse ... he makes the important talent decisions.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:21 PM
The amazing thing is ... I was with you when Kingless didn't make an attempt to sign any talent for the D. Then I listened to the hype coming out of Arrowhead and thought they had a chance.....

Things will not change until Lamar turns over the reigns. Championships are built from the top down. Back in the 60's Lamar had burning desire for a championship and put his money and expertise where his mouth was. Hank took us to the first S.B. and won it all for us. It seems since then he has turned "business" and not championship.

Oh, BTW ... Kingless needs to go as well! Terrible evaluator of talent, and what is worse ... he makes the important talent decisions.
You are absolutely right. At least about the doing what it takes to win during the early days. We did shit like hiding Otis Taylor out in a hotel room so the Bears couldn't make an offer. Lamar wanted to win back then to establish his new league. But once he got that done, he has showed little interest. It doesn't seem to matter to him whether the team wins or loses. The Shaaf-Steadman era didn't faze him. He let the team lay there in disrepair while drawing "crowds" of 20,000 to a 78,000 seat stadium. I don't think Lamar Hunt cares whether this team wins or loses.

big nasty kcnut
11-17-2004, 11:07 PM
No vlad we had injury and also we didn't have the right guys in the right position

Phobia
11-17-2004, 11:22 PM
You are entitled to crow all you'd like. You were one of the few who saw this one coming.

patteeu
11-17-2004, 11:24 PM
It occurs to me that Vlad is to the Chiefs what Memyselfi is to America. :p

Phobia
11-17-2004, 11:29 PM
It occurs to me that Vlad is to the Chiefs what Memyselfi is to America. :p

Holy crap. That's wrong. I gotta stick up for Jim. He's a great Chiefs fan, he's also realistic. I could say a lot of good things about Jim, but most of you are already aware of his spirit. I know you're probably just jerking his chain, though.

Count Zarth
11-17-2004, 11:32 PM
No vlad we had injury and also we didn't have the right guys in the right position

Homer.

Earthling
11-17-2004, 11:43 PM
The proof is in the pudding and you were right on in your pre-season assessment. I was hoping to be able to throw your words back at you after the Chiefs won their first playoff game this season... :deevee: Good call.

Logical
11-17-2004, 11:56 PM
My only dim hope is that this season will be a wake up call for someone, anyone in the Organization that can effect the type of changes this club needs.

Vlad
Sincerely saddened that Gunther was not all we needed.

SNR
11-18-2004, 12:03 AM
BTW, I voted no just to be a dick.

Taco John
11-18-2004, 12:15 AM
A simple yes or no?

It's pretty cool that we got it right this offseason, Jim. I'll admit, though, that I thought it would be the Chargers that you guys were battling for last place, and not the Raiders. In hindsight, that one should have been a no-brainer.

Count Zarth
11-18-2004, 12:18 AM
It's pretty cool that we got it right this offseason, Jim. I'll admit, though, that I thought it would be the Chargers that you guys were battling for last place, and not the Raiders. In hindsight, that one should have been a no-brainer.

Reading your posts is like opening a Christmas present.

I get all giddy with anticipation when I see your name next to the thread. ROFL

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 12:18 AM

What a class act you are, I can't believe I voted for you in the ban Taco thread :shake:

tk13
11-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Reading your posts is like opening a Christmas present.

I get all giddy with anticipation when I see your name next to the thread. ROFL
I'm still trying to figure out when you lost a bet to him....

Taco John
11-18-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm still trying to figure out when you lost a bet to him....

Nah. He's smitten because I stuck up for him a couple of times back in the days when it was popular to pile on him. And truth be known, as far as I'm concerned the guy has one of the most reasonable and realistic takes in this place. Meatpeeker might take a raft of shiat, but the dude knows his ball.

Count Zarth
11-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Nah. He's smitten because I stuck up for him a couple of times back in the days when it was popular to pile on him. And truth be known, as far as I'm concerned the guy has one of the most reasonable and realistic takes in this place. Meatpeeker might take a raft of shiat, but the dude knows his ball.

Taco John is the bomb. :D

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Taco John is the bomb. :D

After seeing his pic someone posted he looks more like the gimp.

Bring out the gimp.

Fairplay
11-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I was like Vlad, i didn't see our team through rose colored glasses like some did. I knew our defense had and still have major defensive issues. The hiring of Gunther was fine with me. But when resigned ALL our defensive players, i could see the inevitable happen.
Im really sick of seeing our defense year in and year old being really sad to watch.

Miles
11-18-2004, 12:33 AM
After seeing his pic someone posted he looks more like the gimp.

Bring out the gimp.

But the Gimp's sleeping.

big nasty kcnut
11-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Gochiefs if mitchell was in middle linebacker in preseason and besiel in rlb the defense would way better then now plus kris wilson was going to add to our offense too. But got hurt.

Miles
11-18-2004, 01:40 AM
Gochiefs if mitchell was in middle linebacker in preseason and besiel in rlb the defense would way better then now plus kris wilson was going to add to our offense too. But got hurt.

Yeah we had some injury problems, especailly early in the season, but it wouldnt have really mattered since none of them are really impact players.

Demonpenz
11-18-2004, 01:52 AM
i predicted 8-8, that was based on the talent we had on the team and a tougher schedule, and i think if we get some breaks to go our way we can attain my dream of 8-8

Lzen
11-18-2004, 07:38 AM
I would've voted but I couldn't find the "piss off, Vlad" option.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-18-2004, 07:46 AM
You may have been right Vlad... but at least you didn't post a poll thread to rub it in and call more attention to yourself in a childish attempt to say "see, I told ya so." That would have been a bit pathetic.

KCTitus
11-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Since Jim went 'south' after the LJ pick in April of 2003...his attitude about the club really didnt have anything to do with this season so, the answer is NO.

After the LJ pick, Jim decided to invest all his stock in the Chiefs failing to 'win' and Im sure as last season unfolded, Jim used more than his share of anti-acids until KC collapsed late in the year.

It's a safe bet...31 teams in the league 'fail' every year.

ROYC75
11-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh great, I like these , " Come over here and pat me on the back " threads.

BTW, good call Jim.

I was on the 10-6 bandwagon for this year, knowing Gun can improve, but that it would take him 2 years to get the right mix on D.
OK, 10 - 6 is a very slim possibility, more of a 8 - 8 season coming at us. Losses to Carolina and Houston @ home is going to be the big kicker for this season. Now it's a 6 - 2 @ home, 2 - 6 on the road season, maybe a 3 - 5 road.

BigRedChief
11-18-2004, 07:57 AM
This thread is worthless without a Gaz option.

I still blame King Carl for the teams demise. Not all the blame but the majority because of poor drafting and aquiring free agents. Been on this bandwagon since.....shoot I built this bandwagon

Do I get a my own I won thread proclaming I was right in the future?
Do I get the honor of Val starting it for me?

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Right about Gunther not being enough? Yep.

Justified in your negativism about EVERYTHING in the offseason? No ****ing way.

Jim, you've taken the negative position on nearly EVERY issue since shortly after LJ was drafted.

You've been right just as many times as you've been wrong.

FWIW, I predicted we needed talent on defense and that bringing back Gunther would be the answer. I was also right.

shakesthecat
11-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Hey,Vlad.
Is your arm sore yet?

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Hey,Vlad.
Is your arm sore yet?
ROFL

KcMizzou
11-18-2004, 08:45 AM
I love people who talk about themselves in the 3rd person.

jAZ
11-18-2004, 08:55 AM
I voted "Yes" because I mis-read the question.

I thought it said, "Was Vlad just being negative in the offseason?"

I retract my Yes, and change it to a "No".

nlm

Logical
11-18-2004, 10:23 AM
I would've voted but I couldn't find the "piss off, Vlad" option.:D

morphius
11-18-2004, 10:31 AM
I can't remember you saying that the weakest link was gonig to be our safeties and that injures were going to infiltrate our team in the numbers it has, which our some of the biggest reasons that we suck. So it would be near impossible for me to vote yes.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2004, 10:51 AM
No. Hindsight is 20/20.

hindsight??

he predicted the bad results, how can it be "hindsight" ?

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 10:55 AM
hindsight??

he predicted the bad results, how can it be "hindsight" ?

Excellent point.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2004, 10:55 AM
You may have been right Vlad... but at least you didn't post a poll thread to rub it in and call more attention to yourself in a childish attempt to say "see, I told ya so." That would have been a bit pathetic.
no .. what's pathetic is all the people who scream,ranted and railed at anyone who who predicted problems or doubted the methods of the chiefs. Calling them names, questioning their "fan loyalty" and basically dismissing everything they said.

only to now pretend like the whole thing never happened.

now THAT IS TRULY PATHETIC :shake:

ck_IN
11-18-2004, 11:40 AM
<i>no .. what's pathetic is all the people who scream,ranted and railed at anyone who who predicted problems or doubted the methods of the chiefs. Calling them names, questioning their "fan loyalty" and basically dismissing everything they said.</i>

That's exactly why I lurked last season. A voice pointing out that many of those wins were hollow wouldn't have been heard and would've been shouted down.

This is a hollow team and has been for some time. Only now is it becoming apparent. Vlad was on the money.

TEX
11-18-2004, 11:54 AM
YES!

jspchief
11-18-2004, 12:34 PM
"I told you so" threads are for fags.

"I told you so" threads that include "I told you so" polls are for fags with self esteem problems.

Congratulations on being right. Now that you have that down, you should look into getting a little bit of character.

R&GHomer
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Yes….. And I hate you for it. I didn’t look at the Gunther hiring as the be-all end all, but I did think we had better talent than Grob’s fugged up schemes showed. No way did I see Gunther being so ineffective. We suck on D, plain and simple.

Logical
11-18-2004, 01:40 PM
no .. what's pathetic is all the people who scream,ranted and railed at anyone who who predicted problems or doubted the methods of the chiefs. Calling them names, questioning their "fan loyalty" and basically dismissing everything they said.

only to now pretend like the whole thing never happened.

now THAT IS TRULY PATHETIC :shake:

Thanks, this is not just a judgement on my negativity but on the realistic view of the upcoming season several on this BB had the guts to expresss out loud, lazarus being one of the leaders.

Brock
11-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Being negative for the sake of being controversial doesn't prove anything to me.

KCTitus
11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
That's exactly why I lurked last season. A voice pointing out that many of those wins were hollow wouldn't have been heard and would've been shouted down.

I thought you said that you were busy...anyone who tried to poo-poo a 9-0 start would be seen as an idiot.

It's becoming apparent that you revel in the failure and hide during the good times, regardless how 'hollow' it was.

patteeu
11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Holy crap. That's wrong. I gotta stick up for Jim. He's a great Chiefs fan, he's also realistic. I could say a lot of good things about Jim, but most of you are already aware of his spirit. I know you're probably just jerking his chain, though.

Yes, I was just jerking his chain. And to be clear, I was going for the "always negative about the Chiefs/Amercia" analogy rather than the "hates the Chiefs/America" analogy.

the Talking Can
11-18-2004, 01:56 PM
in honor of their brave stance and prediction of failure, Chiefsplanet would like to present Lazarus and Vlad with a double-ended dildo, officialy known as the Martyrs Dildo....and yes, after last year's recipient KC Johhny returned it, we had it cleaned before giving it to you....congratulations

http://www.24-7sexshop.co.uk/catalog/images/dildo/11019pur.jpg

Logical
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Being negative for the sake of being controversial doesn't prove anything to me.

Are you suggesting I was negative only to be controversial?

shakesthecat
11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
in honor of their brave stance and prediction of failure, Chiefsplanet would like to present Lazarus and Vlad with a double-ended dildo, officialy known as the Martyrs Dildo....and yes, after last year's recipient KC Johhny returned it, we had it cleaned before giving it to you....congratulations

ROFL

Maybe it's just me, but I don't lump Laz in with the ck's and Proctor's of the Planet.

While he's certainly not Little Mary Sunshine, he doesn't have near the ego that's in need of constant fluffing.
And unlike the others, he also genuinely seems to enjoy it when the team plays well.

Brock
11-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Are you suggesting I was negative only to be controversial?

Few doubt it.

the Talking Can
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
ROFL

Maybe it's just me, but I don't lump Laz in with the ck's and Proctor's of the Planet.

While he's certainly not Little Mary Sunshine, he doesn't have near the ego that's in need of constant fluffing.
And unlike the others, he also genuinely seems to enjoy it when the team plays well.

eh, just having some fun at their expense...it feels like the offseason right now...plus, the whole "we told you so" crap has always seemed pointless to me....do you want a gold star?

Inspector
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I knew all along too......

I just never mentioned it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-18-2004, 04:37 PM

http://www.24-7sexshop.co.uk/catalog/images/dildo/11019pur.jpg
:thumb:

What kind of sights you been looking at there sonny...?