PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, December 19th: The Chiefs Superbowl

Taco John
11-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm looking forward to this game a great deal. I'd hope even with the rough season you guys are having, you would be looking forward to it too. We might be going in different directions, but playing in Arrowhead is always a challenge.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm looking forward to this game a great deal. I'd hope even with the rough season you guys are having, you would be looking forward to it too. We might be going in different directions, but playing in Arrowhead is always a challenge.

Well guys someone brought out the gimp and it's past my bedtime, night all.

Claynus
11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Solid take TJ. Half the Donk fans I've talked to think they will blow us out.

As far as I'm concerned this asscan of a season has been a nightmare. It will ease the pain quite a bit if we can knock the Donks off at home. KC will have nothing to lose and no pressure.

Miles
11-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Solid take TJ. Half the Donk fans I've talked to think they will blow us out.

As far as I'm concerned this asscan of a season has been a nightmare. It will ease the pain quite a bit if we can knock the Donks off at home. KC will have nothing to lose and no pressure.

Yeah i agree. Even though our season is screwed i still care about the Den game. I would be especially nice if we can do some damage to their playoff chances.

alanm
11-18-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm looking forward to this game a great deal. I'd hope even with the rough season you guys are having, you would be looking forward to it too. We might be going in different directions, but playing in Arrowhead is always a challenge.I would beg to differ TJ. This game Monday will be our SB. Besides we play Denver 2 times a year. Ain't no big thang. And you never know we could still reel off 7 wins in a row. Stranger things in football have happened. The Chiefs are certainly capable of doing it. But as much as they have been snakebit this year it's doubtful.:deevee:

alanm
11-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Yeah i agree. Even though our season is screwed i still care about the Den game. I would be especially nice if we can do some damage to their playoff chances.Well, there is that. No matter the year or the Chiefs record it's always nice to be the team that knocks Denver or Oakland out of the playoffs.:thumb: The feeling of 02 where we ended Denvers playoff hopes was especially sweet when we finished 8-8.:D

el borracho
11-18-2004, 12:54 AM
"Sunday, December 19th: The Chiefs Superbowl"

Just like Barber promised!!!

Actually, I don't at all consider it a "Superbowl" but I do hope we outscore the broncs by 6 touchdowns. Regardless of overall record I always hope to cream the division rivals.

alanm
11-18-2004, 01:05 AM
"Sunday, December 19th: The Chiefs Superbowl"

Just like Barber promised!!!

Actually, I don't at all consider it a "Superbowl" but I do hope we outscore the broncs by 6 touchdowns. Regardless of overall record I always hope to cream the division rivals.If the Bronco's somehow manage to win the Division by avoiding a second half collapse they're still not going deep into the playoffs. I'm just not that impressed with Denver. They have trouble scoring points. And really neither Denver or San Diego have been tested yet. I would still like to know how Denver got by this year without having to face New England? That's just wrong.:cuss:

big nasty kcnut
11-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Taco cabana you got to see that kc will crush denver your down to your third rb. Plus cramp bailey got lucky in week one. One more thing we will finally stop that bootleg by then i hope.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2004, 05:46 AM
I'm looking forward to this game a great deal. We might be going in different directions, but playing in Arrowhead is always a challenge.

What a pussified way to qualify the thread title. If you are going to come out swinging, have some balls. Why start a thread cracking on the Chiefs, then back off in case you get your ass beat.

You know as well as the rest of us that it will not be the Chiefs Superbowl. We will, and have played teams better than the Donks this season. There will be no Superbowl for the Chiefs, just as there will be none for the Donks. Who are you kidding? ROFL

Mile High Mania
11-18-2004, 06:11 AM
If the Bronco's somehow manage to win the Division by avoiding a second half collapse they're still not going deep into the playoffs. I'm just not that impressed with Denver. They have trouble scoring points. And really neither Denver or San Diego have been tested yet. I would still like to know how Denver got by this year without having to face New England? That's just wrong.:cuss:

Well, I think DEN has played the Pats the last couple of years. DEN is playing Miami and KC is not. When the schedule came out - Ricky was still playing and the team hadn't completely fallen apart, so there's a li'l luck with the scheduling there.

2 teams KC plays that DEN did not:
Oct 4 @Baltimore Won 27-24
Nov 22 New England 9:00pm

2 teams DEN plays that KC did not:
Oct 25 @Cincinnati Lost 10-23
Dec 12 Miami 4:05pm

So, KC definitely got the 2 harder games and they beat Baltimore while DEN lost badly to Cincy. Again, when the schedules came out - who knew Cincy and Miami were going to be bad this year?

KCTitus
11-18-2004, 06:22 AM
I view Monday's game as bigger than the Denver game. NE is a legitimate SB contender. Denver is a pretender.

Mile High Mania
11-18-2004, 06:26 AM
I view Monday's game as bigger than the Denver game. NE is a legitimate SB contender. Denver is a pretender.

Honestly - it's hard to argue that point. Hopefully, over the course of the next 4 games, they can dominate and prove they're worthy of winning the division. They should be 8-3 going into the Chargers' game and if they come out 9-3, then that is a good thing. The final few games are tough and the games vs KC, Indy, Titans will give us a better idea as to what type of playoff team DEN can be.

cdcox
11-18-2004, 06:28 AM

No, cleary both teams are headed in the same direction: toward disappointing seasons. We just found out about ours sooner.

KCTitus
11-18-2004, 06:31 AM
The final few games are tough and the games vs KC, Indy, Titans will give us a better idea as to what type of playoff team DEN can be.

Tough? Not if you're listing Tenn and KC as 'tough', unless 'tough' is defined as 'on the road'.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Indy was the biggie, NE second IMO

ROYC75
11-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Super Bowl ? Hardly, we all know that is in Jan, at a date that neither of our 2 teams will see.

Stupid Bowl is more likely.... which team will make the other look more stupid.

I see KC winning this game.

Matter of fact, Denver could very well stumble down the strech, @ SD,@KC @Tn,and home with Indy. You will probally lose 3 of those 4 games, maybe all 4 :thumb:

King_Chief_Fan
11-18-2004, 07:08 AM

Nice try, but I see through your veiled message here.
That game is not our superbowl.......you are flattering yourself way too much. You are not close to being the best AFC team.

King_Chief_Fan
11-18-2004, 07:09 AM
No, cleary both teams are headed in the same direction: toward disappointing seasons. We just found out about ours sooner.

ROFL

Braincase
11-18-2004, 07:18 AM
By the time that game rolls around, we'll be sitting the starters to protect their knees for next season... when cut blocking will finally be illegal.

stevieray
11-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Are you kidding?

It's more of a SB to Invesco fans than it is to Chief fans.

Rain Man
11-18-2004, 08:36 AM
I thought our Super Bowl was this Monday.

Sure-Oz
11-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Pretty much at tthis point it seems that game or the NE game is our SB.

TEX
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Super Bowl ? Hardly, we all know that is in Jan, at a date that neither of our 2 teams will see.

Stupid Bowl is more likely.... which team will make the other look more stupid.

I see KC winning this game.

Matter of fact, Denver could very well stumble down the strech, @ SD,@KC @Tn,and home with Indy. You will probally lose 3 of those 4 games, maybe all 4 :thumb:

It's in Feb. this year again...

Rain Man
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Maybe I should just consider the Colts game as our Super Bowl. I want to actually win a postseason game.

cmh6476
11-18-2004, 10:01 AM
it would be nice to knock denver, san diego and oakland ALL out of the playoffs :(

bringbackmarty
11-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Well, I think DEN has played the Pats the last couple of years. DEN is playing Miami and KC is not. When the schedule came out - Ricky was still playing and the team hadn't completely fallen apart, so there's a li'l luck with the scheduling there.

2 teams KC plays that DEN did not:
Oct 4 @Baltimore Won 27-24
Nov 22 New England 9:00pm

2 teams DEN plays that KC did not:
Oct 25 @Cincinnati Lost 10-23
Dec 12 Miami 4:05pm

So, KC definitely got the 2 harder games and they beat Baltimore while DEN lost badly to Cincy. Again, when the schedules came out - who knew Cincy and Miami were going to be bad this year?
cinci had never been good, and miami has been terrible the last three or so.

Taco John
11-19-2004, 12:24 AM
You guys can deny it now... But when you're faced with the possibility of being sweeped by Denver, you'll straighten up in your seats.

|Zach|
11-19-2004, 12:29 AM
I think this would be the Chiefs Superbowl if the Chiefs had a real shot at the Playoffs. Thats not really the case.

I still think Denver is prob the game we would like to win the most. It would be a very satisfying win and I think we will baet them but I don't see it as our "Superbowl" we don't really get enough out of a win to make in that.

tk13
11-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Not that you want to lose any game, but there isn't a game left on the schedule that you'd look at and say "eh, just another loss", they all have some importance. I hate losing division games, and that's what 5 of these last 7 are. The other two, they're MNF, and nobody wants to get embarrassed on national TV.