PDA

View Full Version : News anchor appears nude

Nubian Nut
11-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Anchor: Important story about art

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A television news anchor appeared on the air nude in a first-person report about an artist's photographs, drawing a record number of viewers for the time slot, the station said.

Sharon Reed was one of hundreds of people who participated in Spencer Tunick's nude photo installation in Cleveland in June. Her report, shown Monday on the 11 p.m. newscast on WOIO-TV, showed far away angles of her nude and some closer seminude shots, as well as other participants.

The report comes in the midst of increased attention to the airwaves, following Janet Jackson's breast-baring performance during the Super Bowl halftime show. The Federal Communications Commission proposed a record fine of $550,000 against CBS, WOIO's parent network. The network is protesting.

On Tuesday, ABC apologized for the intro to "Monday Night Football" that featured a supposedly naked actress jumping into a player's arms in a spoof of the television show "Desperate Housewives."

WOIO news director Steve Doerr said the idea was to cover Tunick, a well-known artist, in a different way. Doerr said the story also was aimed at bringing in ratings during November sweeps when audiences are measured to set advertising rates.

Monday night's newscast received a record 17.1 share, compared with the 13.6 earned during the newscast airing immediately after this year's Super Bowl, according to Broadcasting & Cable, an industry publication.

The station aired advisories before the piece, and FCC spokeswoman Janice Wise on Wednesday said WOIO followed commission rules that prohibit indecent material from being aired on broadcast television from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Doerr said the station received mostly supportive messages from viewers. Reed said she considered it an important story about art.

MichaelH
11-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Pictures, we need pictures.

Everyone wants to be naked now. I'm ok with it.

cdcox
11-18-2004, 07:17 AM
I think I was taking a shower when this was on the air. That means we were both naked at the same time.

ptlyon
11-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Two words: Rozanne Barr

Nubian Nut
11-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Sharon Reed

BigRedChief
This thread is worthless without pics

Skip Towne
Pictures, we need pictures.

Everyone wants to be naked now. I'm ok with it.
Yeah, except for the fat chicks.

MichaelH
11-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Two words: Rozanne Barr

She can get naked for all I care, I just won't look. :p

Phobia
11-18-2004, 08:24 AM
This one time, at training camp.... I almost took a shower with Danyelle Sargent.

Joe Seahawk
11-18-2004, 08:57 AM
TTIWWOP

gblowfish
11-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Coming for Sweeps Week in Late November...KCTV 5 present LIANA JOYCE NAKED!!

OH GOD...MAKE IT STOP...MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! AAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
:deevee:

beavis
11-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Coming for Sweeps Week in Late November...KCTV 5 present LIANA JOYCE NAKED!!

OH GOD...MAKE IT STOP...MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! AAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
:deevee:
That ain't right.

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 09:15 AM

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 09:16 AM

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 09:17 AM

MichaelH
11-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Here's the local Charlotte news anchor babydoll. I guess that's why I wouldn't have any aversion towards news nudeness. :p
http://www.news14charlotte.com/media/2004/4/9/images/01heather_childers.jpg

BIG_DADDY
11-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Here's the local Charlotte news anchor babydoll. I guess that's why I wouldn't have any aversion towards news nudeness. :p
http://www.news14charlotte.com/media/2004/4/9/images/01heather_childers.jpg

A full spread would be nice.

el borracho
11-18-2004, 10:17 AM
TTIWWOP
POPSSTTWYX

el borracho
11-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Are the photos in post #13 and post #14 really parts of the photo exhibit because they are horrible photos. Nothing is in focus and they are fairly uninteresting (hard to accomplish with a reasonably attractive nude model).

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 10:39 AM
They are screen shots from the broadcast.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
News anchor appears nude

send it the CIA,FBI,NSA ....

make a law, change the constitution :cuss: :cuss:

we can't have these evil commies corrupting the moral fiber of GOD's America.

Phobia
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
(hard to accomplish with a reasonably attractive nude model).

Reasonably attractive? Hell, I think she has a smokin body. Great rack, too.

Brando
11-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Hell...Lumberg fvcked her!

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Gave her a ride on the ol bone roller coaster!

Raiderhader
11-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Are the photos in post #13 and post #14 really parts of the photo exhibit because they are horrible photos. Nothing is in focus and they are fairly uninteresting (hard to accomplish with a reasonably attractive nude model).

I would guess that they felt like they were pushing the envelope enough with out showing the quality shots.

Nubian Nut
11-18-2004, 01:29 PM
CHANNEL SURFING
Sharon Reed's days at NBC 10 numbered

Reed has been missing from the air since the middle of last week, culminating with a trip for Reed and her attorney to a police station Friday.

By LAURA NACHMAN
Courier Times

Although it's coming down to the wire for February sweeps, all anybody at NBC 10 and the rest of the television community is talking about is the online battle between anchor Sharon Reed and reporter Alicia Taylor.

After dozens of vicious comments mostly about Taylor popped up on local television news Web sites, including "TV News Philadelphia," Reed has been missing from the air since the middle of last week, culminating with a trip for Reed and her attorney to the Lower Merion Township police station Friday.

If it is proven that Reed had anything to do with the postings, it is unlikely the anchor will ever be seen again on Channel 10. Lisa Mishler has been filling in for Reed on the weekday morning news since Feb. 20. Taylor, who was off the air most of last week, returned to the air Tuesday.

According to a station source, Reed, who joined the station in 1999, and Taylor, who arrived the previous year, haven't gotten along for a long time. Sources also say this isn't the first time Reed has had problems with co-workers here and at previous stations.

If this isn't enough, in the middle of this controversy, it was leaked that Reed, who previously was linked to Eagle Donovan McNabb and Sixer Aaron McKie, is dating Robert De Niro. Because of the De Niro connection, word of the Reed/Taylor fight spread to New York City. It was the top story in the popular gossip column Page Six in the New York Post this week.

A Lower Merion Township detective said it wasn't a police matter and referred questions back to Channel 10 where a representative had no comment.

el borracho
11-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Reasonably attractive? Hell, I think she has a smokin body. Great rack, too.
Body = 7
Face = 5
Overall = 6 (reasonably attractive)

Bill Lundberg
11-18-2004, 03:59 PM
I'd hit it.

Bob Dole
11-18-2004, 04:09 PM

It's mentioned as a "nude photo installation." It's likely that the individual nude bodies/photos are not the focus of the installation, but the nudity depicted in a large number of photos is used to symbolize something else in the "big picture" addressed by the installation.

In simpler terms: It's not intended to be a Playboy pictorial.

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Gives new meaning to the term "Action" news.