PDA

View Full Version : WTF Patriots Planet

ChiefsFire
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok i admit i was bored this evening and thought maybe i would slip over to Pats Planet and see what they had up and running.To my dismay,there are several supposed Chiefs fans over there posting messages belittleing our team.WTF??? I realize that yes we are having a rather down season,but why in gods name should we be going to other messages boards and telling them that,yes,indeed we do suck leftover tit and giving them the satifaction of admitting we suck.Sorry if i am out of line here being fairly new,but come on guys,lets show at least some testicular fortitude for the rest of this season!!!!

WHERES THE TYLENOL???

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2004, 04:43 PM
"testicular fortitude"

where have I heard that before?

KcMizzou
11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
We're just givin' 'em the old rope a dope.

Saulbadguy
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
We have fuggers who belittle the Chiefs on Broncos message boards too.

Calcountry
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
The Chiefs will win this Monday because th3 only thing consistent about them this year IS th3ir inconsist3ncy.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
The Chiefs will win this Monday because th3 only thing consistent about them this year IS th3ir inconsist3ncy.

That 3 is too damn close to that e.

Bob Dole
11-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Maybe the databases just got crosslinked. Surely we wouldn't read KC fans saying their team sucks.

DenverChief
11-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Broncos ROFL

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Ok i admit i was bored this evening and thought maybe i would slip over to Pats Planet and see what they had up and running.To my dismay,there are several supposed Chiefs fans over there posting messages belittleing our team.WTF??? I realize that yes we are having a rather down season,but why in gods name should we be going to other messages boards and telling them that,yes,indeed we do suck leftover tit and giving them the satifaction of admitting we suck.Sorry if i am out of line here being fairly new,but come on guys,lets show at least some testicular fortitude for the rest of this season!!!!

WHERES THE TYLENOL???

Goes against all the rules of true homers etiquette. For Gods sake, at least pretend were good when visiting other sites.

Phobia
11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah - sorry about that. I have this thing about honesty and realism. Gets me every time.

Skip Towne
11-18-2004, 06:47 PM
We have fuggers who belittle the Chiefs on Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) message boards too.
Really? Name some names.

DenverChief
11-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah - sorry about that. I have this thing about honesty and realism. Gets me every time. :)

4th and Long
11-18-2004, 09:58 PM
"testicular fortitude"

where have I heard that before?
It was either Mick Foley ...
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesReviews/foley_is_good.jpg
or beerme. They both have that same goofy look and that "thumbs up" trademark thing going on.

:D

Chan93lx50
11-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, we suck so if Chiefs fans want to bitch, let us bitch

You can sugar coat a turd all you want, but it still is a turd!

BigRedChief
11-18-2004, 10:38 PM
They started a thread calling me a moron here for a post I made back in September. They never bothered to look at the post date:
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8120&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

So Psicosis piles on too. Which is okay here but on another teams site? Below the belt. :cuss:

Originally posted by Psicosis
I neither know nor care what he said to deserve a thread in his dishonor, but I concur.
WTF a Chiefs fan coming over to another teams board and dissing another Chiefs fan. Sacreligious. and BTW :4321:

Mythjp
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
The long time fans of the Patriots can understand how some of you feel. I have been a fan from the first time I saw a Boston Patriots Game in 1961. Some of us remember the years of being at the bottom with no idea if it would ever get better. Thank God it did. There will always be so called fans who will run off and bad mouth their team as soon as things get tough. But the real fans stay suporting their team. Even when it looks like they don't stand a chance at winning the game.

bideau
11-19-2004, 05:42 AM
They started a thread calling me a moron here for a post I made back in September. They never bothered to look at the post date:
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8120&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

So Psicosis piles on too. Which is okay here but on another teams site? Below the belt. :cuss:

WTF a Chiefs fan coming over to another teams board and dissing another Chiefs fan. Sacreligious. and BTW :4321:

The guy that started that thread is an infrequent poster and he admitted in another thread (which was about nothing) that he had just got finished drinking.

Hawg73
11-19-2004, 06:18 AM
One thing I always admired about this forum is that is seemed pretty devoid of the kind of rah-rah mentality that you get elsewhere.

I'm a Patriotsplanet guy and most of us didn't jump up and down and pinch our nipples when we read *God forbid* negative comments about a team that must be pretty frustrating to root for.

We don't hate the Chiefs like we do the Fins or the Jets and some others and take no particular pleasure in your struggles. Oh, maybe this week, but you get the idea.

Many of us will take the same approach towards are own team when the shoe is on the other foot, which eventually it will.

Rah-rah homerism sucks, you have to be realistic.

Hawg73
11-19-2004, 06:26 AM
BTW, I've been keeping a running record of the various trolls that visit our site for postseason award purposes and I didn't quite know what to do with BigRedChief when he showed up around the 2nd week of the season trying to get some smack going for this upcoming game.

I couldn't put him in with the Cardinals trolls and it was too early for the Chiefs. He blew his chances at an award unless we do one for "Earliest
Advance Scout".

Overall, we were looking forward to some friendly hostility with the big planet, but the current state of the Chiefs seems to have defused some of the expected smack bombs.

I mean, when we say that your defense sucks-- how can any sane person refute that? It kills the fun a little.

Skip Towne
11-19-2004, 06:33 AM
BTW, I've been keeping a running record of the various trolls that visit our site for postseason award purposes and I didn't quite know what to do with BigRedChief when he showed up around the 2nd week of the season trying to get some smack going for this upcoming game.

I couldn't put him in with the Cardinals trolls and it was too early for the Chiefs. He blew his chances at an award unless we do one for "Earliest
Advance Scout".

Overall, we were looking forward to some friendly hostility with the big planet, but the current state of the Chiefs seems to have defused some of the expected smack bombs.

I mean, when we say that your defense sucks-- how can any sane person refute that? It kills the fun a little.
Did BigRedChief start any "Official" threads?

Hawg73
11-19-2004, 06:45 AM

Nope. His only thread was "Pats vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead on MNF. Bring it on Pats!" started on SEPTEMBER 14th.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7253

I'm not complaining about his smack or posting ability-- just his timing.

ptlyon
11-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Ah yes. 2 days after we got smacked around by Denver.

We've never claimed that he is the smartest spoon in the drawer.

KCTitus
11-19-2004, 06:50 AM
There will always be so called fans who will run off and bad mouth their team as soon as things get tough. But the real fans stay suporting their team. Even when it looks like they don't stand a chance at winning the game.

Hey look!!! This Pats fan just questioned many's fandom around here!

The nerve of this guy.

Iowanian
11-19-2004, 09:59 AM
If the Chiefs weren't playing like they were all sharing a 50 gallon Massengil, I'd be a little more supportive of their play.

I try to be a realist...IF you don't like it, suk mah baows.

I, as a dedicated Chiefs fan have no reason to believe in the team at this point, for this season. The Patriots on MNF are exactly the kind of team they'll beat, just to give us hope, to stomp our Nuts flat next week.

The Chiefs are a bad, bad Girlfriend. We can't help but love them, but you just know the bitch is bringing the Herpasyphillria into your home next week.

ENDelt260
11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
We're just givin' 'em the old rope a dope.
Been watching TJ long?

"You guys will win this week. I guarantee it. We have no chance."

ENDelt260
11-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah, we suck so if Chiefs fans want to bitch, let us bitch

You can sugar coat a turd all you want, but it still is a turd!
Rain Man prefers his wrapped in bacon.

ENDelt260
11-19-2004, 10:21 AM
The guy that started that thread is an infrequent poster and he admitted in another thread (which was about nothing) that he had just got finished drinking.
"just got finished drinking"? So... he was posting while passed out?

:spock:

ENDelt260
11-19-2004, 10:23 AM
II, as a dedicated Chiefs fan have no reason to believe in the team at this point, for this season. The Patriots on MNF are exactly the kind of team they'll beat, just to give us hope, to stomp our Nuts flat next week.

You're mistaken, Iowanian. Following the Pats is the Chargers. We'll take two in a row... then fall to the Raiderz.

Calcountry
11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
That 3 is too damn close to that e.
But, I was about as consistent with using it as the Chiefs are in football.

:p

Calcountry
11-19-2004, 10:38 AM
The long time fans of the Patriots can understand how some of you feel. I have been a fan from the first time I saw a Boston Patriots Game in 1961. Some of us remember the years of being at the bottom with no idea if it would ever get better. Thank God it did. There will always be so called fans who will run off and bad mouth their team as soon as things get tough. But the real fans stay suporting their team. Even when it looks like they don't stand a chance at winning the game.
We definitely stand a chance at winning MNF game.

Lzen
11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
There will always be so called fans who will run off and bad mouth their team as soon as things get tough. But the real fans stay suporting their team. Even when it looks like they don't stand a chance at winning the game.

I've been a Chiefs fan since I started watching professional football about 15 years ago. I have never wavered in my loyalty to the Chiefs. But I'm also a realist and this team is just a disappointment this year. Does that mean I won't root for them or support them? No. But that doesn't mean I can't see beyond homerism to realize that the 04 Chiefs are not very good. They seem to find a new way to lose every week. :banghead:

KCWolfman
11-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah - sorry about that. I have this thing about honesty and realism. Gets me every time.
That's not what your wife said.

ENDelt260
11-19-2004, 12:13 PM
That's not what your wife said.
He didn't actually lie... he honestly believes that is nine inches.

Seriously... I don't know how he's still getting construction jobs.

Amnorix
11-19-2004, 12:31 PM

I spent HOURS arguing with someone here who started off saying that the Chiefs' run defense was better than the Patriots' run defense. Honest to God... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think by the end of the argument he had slid his position over to a new point and wasn't arguing it anymore. He ended up with a "no matter how good your run defense is, the Chiefs can move the ball", which I more or less agreed with.

Amnorix
11-19-2004, 12:33 PM
We definitely stand a chance at winning MNF game.

Chiefs are DEFINITELY a "when we play to our capabilities, we can beat anybody" type of team.

Unfortunately, they're also a "we can lose to anybody" kind fo team too...

chiefs4me
11-19-2004, 01:05 PM

Advance Scout".

Because we can,,,so bite me patty melt.

BigRedChief
11-19-2004, 11:02 PM

I made a deal with ENDelt260. If I didn't post anymore "Official" threads he would allow me to put a St. Loiss Cardinals bumper sticker on his car.

BigRedChief
11-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Now Phobia is over there piling on. :sulk:

KcMizzou
11-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Now Phobia is over there piling on. :sulk:ROFL

ENDelt260
11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I made a deal with ENDelt260. If I didn't post anymore "Official" threads he would allow me to put a St. Loiss Cardinals bumper sticker on his car.
My attorney says that agreements entered into while I'm in a diminished state (read: drunk) hold no legal standing.

CHIEF4EVER
11-20-2004, 01:48 AM
I spent HOURS arguing with someone here who started off saying that the Chiefs' run defense was better than the Patriots' run defense. Honest to God... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:spock:

I could find more productive ways to spend my time.....

BigRedChief
11-20-2004, 07:02 AM
My attorney says that agreements entered into while I'm in a diminished state (read: drunk) hold no legal standing.

My attorney says :BS:

Your coming to the game on Monday correct? I'll have the bumper sticker with me. See ya at b5 :loser:

Phobia
11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Now Phobia is over there piling on. :sulk:

Oh please. I threw a glass of water on you. You haven't seen piling on yet.

BigRedChief
11-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh please. I threw a glass of water on you. You haven't seen piling on yet.

If my fat ass was to pile or fall on you it would mean a trip to the ER with some cracked ribs or something else real painful.:p

Phobia
11-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Sorry, I'm not really into that scene, BRC. I promise, I'm really flattered, though.

BigRedChief
11-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I'm not really into that scene, BRC. I promise, I'm really flattered, though.

To each his own. Let me know if you change your mind.