PDA

View Full Version : Metro Sports just said Carl will dismantle this D in the offseason

KevB
11-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Rich Baldinger spoke with CP after the game, and he's ready to re-build this defense from the ground up.

Brilliant, the guy is a personnel genius.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:52 PM
2 years to late.

Ugly Duck
Metro Sports just said Carl will dismantle this D in the offseasonWhy not.... everybody else dismantles it....

dirk digler
BTW 810 is saying Priest may be done for the year.

AZChief
what a dumb ass...

you think it's time to fix the defense now? what an absolute moron...

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:53 PM
wow....at this rate CP will figure out that gas prices are high in 2007

you ****ing ass monkey....you should be fired this very second

Ultra Peanut
11-22-2004, 11:54 PM
What a fresh new concept.

BTW 810 is saying Priest may be done for the year.Hell, why not? No sense in wasting him and wearing him down unnecessarily, anyways. Let him rest and come back fresh next year.

chiefshead33
I'll believe it when I see it.

Rausch
As per his profile...

tk13
11-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I'm worried, I fully believe Carl is going to be pressured by everybody to go nuts on FA's and we're going to continue the tradition of signing guys like McGlockton, Carlton Gray, Dan Williams, Holliday, Barber, McCleon who are solid coming in to make the fans happy but actually increase their suck-factor exponentially with the Chiefs...

Sure-Oz
I hope priest can just come back and be healthy next season, its time to see both LJ and Blaylock play.

Highhope
chiefs fukin suckass :deevee:

Calcountry
Rich Baldinger spoke with CP after the game, and he's ready to re-build this defense from the ground up.

Brilliant, the guy is a personnel genius.
Great, you just fugged off one of the best O's in the NFL for 2 seasons.

Can I get a Dammit Carl. :banghead:

Better late than never.

:shake:

2bikemike
11-22-2004, 11:56 PM
CP can dismantle this defense all he wants. He doesn't have a clue how to rebuild it. We have spent several draft picks over the years and aquired several free agents and we have about 2 or 3 guys worth keeping.

Bwana
Carl needs a fvcking bus ticket.

ChiTown
2 years to late.

No shit.

But hey, at least the offense can put up 35 pts on any team in the league.....wait....... :banghead:

The Bad Guy
He might as well go out and get some players that can play.

The offense will have 1 more year if we are lucky and then Vermeil and co will ride off in the sunset.

We are going to have a bitch rebuilding period after next year anyway, go balls to the wall to try to win it.

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:57 PM
it makes sense to fix the problems after the season is wasted...brilliant

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:57 PM
What a fresh new concept.

Hell, why not? No sense in wasting him and wearing him down unnecessarily, anyways. Let him rest and come back fresh next year.

I agree let's see what LJ can do. This is why we drafted him and Blaylock probably will be gone next year so this is the perfect scenario for LJ playing.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:58 PM
It will be an interesting offseason that is for sure. I am curious if Vermeil will even come back after this train wreck of a season.

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:59 PM
If we aren't going to resign Blaylock then LJ should play.

If LJ doesn't play I can only assume they intend to trade him for a cat in the offseason.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 12:00 AM

The offense will have 1 more year if we are lucky and then Vermeil and co will ride off in the sunset.

We are going to have a bitch rebuilding period after next year anyway, go balls to the wall to try to win it.

I don't think you're going to get another year with this offense. We're bleeding out right now at RT and I hardly think Roaf has got another dominant year at LT. The interior is still solid though.

Priest? Hell, who know's what' going on in his head. One things for sure, Blaylock ain't all that and LJ, well, who the fuk knows what that situations going to be in 2005.....At least we have some kick ass WR's :banghead:

Joe Seahawk
I still think ya gotta build through the draft.

I hate to say it, but the Chiefs could be looking at a tough couple of years ahead.

KevB
CP can dismantle this defense all he wants. He doesn't have a clue how to rebuild it. We have spent several draft picks over the years and aquired several free agents and we have about 2 or 3 guys worth keeping.

We have a winner. Rebuild with what? We have a group of young guys who haven't shown the first inkling of being players (sans Jared Allen). We have a GM and personnel dept. that has continually whiffed in the draft and development areas, and we have a short term coach who is in win now mode. Doesn't seem like it's a healthy environment to bring some youngsters along.

Rausch

Absolutely...

dirk digler

If LJ doesn't play I can only assume they intend to trade him for a cat in the offseason.

Yep. The season is over so let's see what LJ can do. There should no more excuses from Vermeil about not letting him play.

Coach
11-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Wow, Carl finally figures this shit out after week 11?

BRILLIANT!

Come on Carl, you could had at least get some trades in. Shit, in fact, you could had gotten some f*cking CB in McKenzie, but nope, you didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

I want this assclown gone effective immediately.

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Listen Guys, this is an off-year man. It happens. It's the NFL. Steelers are proof of that. We have a good offense. Get a couple of studs on defense, and we won't be that bad. The opportunity is there, we know we are going to get a good draft pick, we have to score there, plus sign a couple of studs in free-agency and all of a sudden you can have a decent defense. Then maybe we'll be good next year.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2004, 12:03 AM
WE have 1 mroe year of O, as long as priest comes back, get a WR to help and get defense, next year is the last possible year before we rebuild, man it really sucks wasting the best O!!

Miles
11-23-2004, 12:04 AM

I hate to say it, but the Chiefs could be looking at a tough couple of years ahead.

You mean you can get good players though the draft? I dont think our front office realizes that.

I think whe may be able to put off rebuilding for a year but it could get really ugly if we have another poor offseason.

tk13
11-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Wow, Carl finally figures this shit out after week 11?

BRILLIANT!

Come on Carl, you could had at least get some trades in. Shit, in fact, you could had gotten some f*cking CB in McKenzie, but nope, you didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

I want this assclown gone effective immediately.
Yeah, at least McKenzie might have been able to at least turn his head to see WR's putting the butter on the toast safeties who weren't giving him any help over the top..... :)

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:05 AM

I like that. It's true. They might as well go all out. It's not like they are very far off. They just have to improve their defense, and they're a good team.

tk13
11-23-2004, 12:06 AM

I totally agree... problem is that we have already pretty much drafted most of the starters we have on defense (and for that matter many of the backups). Some people on here see that as "Ramifization" and not caring about the defense... I think it's specific strategy to build through the draft, but we've sucked at it.

AZChief
11-23-2004, 12:06 AM
cool, by the time we have a top five defenese our offense will be 28th in the league again. It will be like reliving the early 90's.

...i can't hardly wait. I cannot believe we stood pat with this defense last offseason....

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 12:09 AM
I like that. It's true. They might as well go all out. It's not like they are very far off. They just have to improve their defense, and they're a good team.

We're several players away on D, and a decent RT (& LT depth) and WR on offense. Not insurmountable, but that doesn't put us any closer than about 6 other teams that suck cack right now.

Sorry about being such a prick, I'm just really feeling like crap right now.

Hog Rider
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
This is Classic. We'll have the number one Defense, Tynes will be a pro-Bowler and the offense, by then, won't be able to get a first down to save their butts,,,ranking about 31st in the league!

Earthling
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
I wonder where Gunther will be in the scheme of things to come...??

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 12:14 AM
I wonder where Gunther will be in the scheme of things to come...??

an asylum?

in the warm, caressing arms of KC Johhny?

2bikemike
11-23-2004, 12:16 AM
I am not sure what the cap hit would be if we start releasing a bunch of defensive players. I just don't see how we can do anything. The Chiefs suck at evaluating defensive talent.

So many hurdles to overcome to rebuild this defense. I am very disappointed in both Kawika and Battle. These guys were supposed to be good and they have yet to show me anything.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 12:17 AM
It won't take much to rebuild the defense. All we need is a defensive end, two linebackers, a safety and two corners!!! :rolleyes:

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:18 AM

It's all good man. The Chiefs lost I understand. We all feel like sh*t right now ;)

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 12:19 AM
It won't take much to rebuild the defense. All we need is a defensive end, two linebackers, a safety and two corners!!! :rolleyes:

piece of cake...and throw in a RT, WR, and Kicker while you're at it

royr17
11-23-2004, 12:19 AM
If this is true, this is who i would keep :

DE Jared Allen, DE Gary Stills, DE Jimmy Wilkerson, DT Ryan Sims, DT Junior Siavii, DT Lional Dalton, LB Scott Fujita, LB Quinton Caver, LB Keyaron Fox, LB Monty Beisel, LB Rich Scanlon, CB Eric Warfield, CB William Bartee and move him to FS, CB Julian Battle, CB Benny Sapp, FS Shaunard Harts, SS Greg Wesley, and SS Willie Pile.

Say goodbye to DE Eric Hicks, DE Vonnie Holliday, LB Kawika Mitchell, LB Fred Jones, LB Shawn Barber, CB Dexter McCleon, FS Jerome Woods.

Draft a CB, a LB, OL, RB, FB, QB, and pick up some good D players in the offseason which i think we will do because Gunther will have a better idea of what he needs for his defense and that is exactly why he didnt pick any one up in the offseason.

But that is just what i would do.

Logical
11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
ROFL

SNR
11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Vonnie Holliday
Shaun Barber
Dexter McCleon

Let's not forget the LAST time he "rebuilt the D" :shake:

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 12:21 AM
piece of cake...and throw in a RT, WR, and Kicker while you're at it

I'll take 2 WR's if you're going on a player run. We could also usea Punter with a strong leg. Hang time is nice, but damn, how bout some distance too.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 12:22 AM
ROFL

I fugured you were loving this. Asswipe...........

tk13
11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I am not sure what the cap hit would be if we start releasing a bunch of defensive players. I just don't see how we can do anything. The Chiefs suck at evaluating defensive talent.

So many hurdles to overcome to rebuild this defense. I am very disappointed in both Kawika and Battle. These guys were supposed to be good and they have yet to show me anything.
I just don't think we have the cap room to be releasing a ton of guys... Holliday is gone, I don't think you can cut Woods or Barber unless you cut them after June 1 or you take a $4-5 million cap hit. Fujita is a FA. I just don't even know where to begin.

I think it was Salisbury on ESPN said he talked to Priest earlier in the day and Priest admitted sometimes people do point fingers behind the scenes and that things aren't really as nice and rosy as the team likes to make it seem to the press.... well I think if some of these offensive guys want a defense and a Super Bowl some of them need to be ready to re-structure and free up money.

Calcountry
11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
it makes sense to fix the problems after the season is wasted...brilliant
Carl should offer his resignation to Lamar, and Lamar should accept it.

Who's bright Idea was it to stand pat when we were one and out in the Playoffs and didn't force a punt?

Logical
11-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I fugured you were loving this. Asswipe...........

Sorry but the total stupidity of doing nothing this last offseason and to now figure out we need players is just hilarious.

Calcountry
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM

Even if they are going to trade him, they should play him. He would have something to play for, his value as an NFL player. Fug giving him a free ride. It is time for him to earn all those game checks he has been drawing. If he fugs up or gets hurt, oh well. That would teach him for fugging up the team chemistry with his whiney ass bitching.

go bowe
11-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Sorry but the total stupidity of doing nothing this last offseason and to now figure out we need players is just hilarious.unfortunately, you're absolutely right... :( :( :(

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:30 AM

All you need man is ONE for every 3 sets of positions on D. I'm referring to DL, LBing corps, and DB's. The Chiefs are 2-3 probowlers away on D, from contension. Give the Chiefs Micheal Strahan, Ray Lewis, and Ed Reed, you'll see what happens. Now to get all that is a pipe dream. But, probowlers is what this team needs, they are not going to get those quality type probowl players , but, they can still land probowlers that can make a difference, elevate this defense to another level. Probowlers make a difference, we have none on D. Other players will play better around probowl players, and leadership qualities is what they provide as well. We desperately need that. Now, I hope Carl doesn't go all out and sign these hidden gem type players he thinks that can turn into studs! Much like he tried to do, when he signed Holliday, Barber, and McCleon. F--- that! Get me some real proven defensive guys that prooved they can play in this league!

*I don't mean to be letting steam out on you man, I'm just in a bad mood! The Chiefs lost ;)

Calcountry
We're several players away on D, and a decent RT (& LT depth) and WR on offense. Not insurmountable, but that doesn't put us any closer than about 6 other teams that suck cack right now.

Too bad we didn't keep Tait.

But, many said that a right tackle wasn't worth the cap hit. Oh yeah, I remember it well.

RINGLEADER
The good part is that they're going to rebuild the defense. The bad part is that they're going to rebuild it around William Bartee.

Calcountry
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Maybe we can save by converting a saftey to a corner.

:p

Mr. Kotter
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Sorry but the total stupidity of doing nothing this last offseason and to now figure out we need players is just hilarious.

I fuggin' hate it when YOU are right, Jim.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:36 AM
I fuggin' hate it when YOU are right, Jim.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Stop it. You're making the man feel good. He's the "I told you so" guy.
;)

big nasty kcnut
11-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Ok we needed defensive help i said all year long we need to find guys who are hungry. Need guy to attack the offense like now and not a basketcase. I say trade for cb get some fresh meat for the defense and a number one wr.

MadMax
11-23-2004, 12:38 AM

He is FREAKIN BRILLIANT!!!! Absolutely, brilliant!!!! That (crazy, silly) Carl is full of 15 year surprises.. :p With the 4th overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft.....the Kansas City Chiefs pick Johnny N0-neck (S) from LegsWideOpen Jr. college AR. Dick say's best athlete available, Carl say's could be our number 2 CB...Sorry guy's it took a while to hit me but I had higher exprvtsioms this year.. This team ijust keeps "givin" piss on em....

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Maybe we can save by converting a saftey to a corner.

:p

Actually if the Chiefs can get Julian Battle to play nickel next year, I would like to see Bartee moved to free safety. He is big enough and has a hell of alot more range than Woods or Harts.

bricks
11-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Actually if the Chiefs can get Julian Battle to play nickel next year, I would like to see Bartee moved to free safety. He is big enough and has a hell of alot more range than Woods or Harts.

William Bartee converted to safety may not be a bad idea. He's probably the only guy in our secondary that can lay some wood.

Manila-Chief
11-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Too bad we didn't keep Tait.

But, many said that a right tackle wasn't worth the cap hit. Oh yeah, I remember it well.

You are correct bunnytrdy, but the problem (as I see it) is that Kingless did neither. He didn't get Tait nor did he put the money to use early on in FA so he could have signed quality D players. He played a chess game and lost .... and he should have known Tait wouldn't resign with the Chiefs.

In both the draft and in F.A. Kingless wants to pick up the second tier players (I think because of price) and hope they pan out.

I'm sure there has been a thread about this but ... I was struck by the article that said almost all of N.E. draft picks since 2001 are starting or are backups. That tells me the people doing the evaluating are good at thier jobs. Remember N.E. has been drafting at the bottom most of the years!!!! And the fact they are winning says they do a good job.

The Chiefs drafting talents are not good at their jobs.

I am not too optomistic with this rebuilding process. As others have said .. by the time he gets it done the O will need rebuilding. (I think we will not be as good next year on O.)

Compare what he has done with what N.E. has done. They didn't just get cheap players they got good talent that helps them win.

Another issue ... it begins with the owner. Kraft wants to win. Hunt wants a postitive bottom line each year. I don't have much hope for us winning a S.B. in my lifetime!!!

Phobia
11-23-2004, 01:53 AM
BTW 810 is saying Priest may be done for the year.

I've been saying it for 2 weeks. Maybe I should get a radio show.

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:54 AM
I'm sure you'd have a listener in LVNHACK every single day.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm sure you'd have a listener in LVNHACK every single day.

Heh - I knew somebody would go there. As much shit as I sling, I guess I can take some every once in a while.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 02:01 AM

I'd tune in.

Hell, I'd CALL IN. ROFL

tk13
11-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Heh - I knew somebody would go there. As much shit as I sling, I guess I can take some every once in a while.
:) You can count on me captain.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 02:03 AM
I'd tune in.

Hell, I'd CALL IN. ROFL

I'd make you a recurring guest. Kinda like Stern does with all those retards.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 02:04 AM
ROFL

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvetch/1hank.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 02:04 AM

Sweet. Make it happen. Then you can ban me from your radio show. ROFL

alanm
11-23-2004, 02:09 AM
CP can dismantle this defense all he wants. He doesn't have a clue how to rebuild it. We have spent several draft picks over the years and aquired several free agents and we have about 2 or 3 guys worth keeping.That would probably be Beisel, Allen and Sapp. Or as I perfer any one of the Defensive personel with less then 3 yrs on the roster. Or any one that at least plays with heart.

Miles
11-23-2004, 02:10 AM
ROFL

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvetch/1hank.jpg

Is that the drunken dwarf?

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Is that the drunken dwarf? Yeah... I think his name's Hank.

alanm
11-23-2004, 02:14 AM
We have a winner. Rebuild with what? We have a group of young guys who haven't shown the first inkling of being players (sans Jared Allen). We have a GM and personnel dept. that has continually whiffed in the draft and development areas, and we have a short term coach who is in win now mode. Doesn't seem like it's a healthy environment to bring some youngsters along.And this my friends sadly sums up the state of affairs at 1 Arrowhead Drive. Especially the scouts and our player evaluation personnel.:banghead::cuss: Rep my man.:thumb:

alanm
11-23-2004, 02:21 AM
Sorry but the total stupidity of doing nothing this last offseason and to now figure out we need players is just hilarious.You're just loving this aren't you Jim? :)

Redcoats58
11-23-2004, 04:02 AM
I just think Vermeil knew the odds of making the playoffs this year so they didn't want to go all out and know that we might struggle this year because of the difficulty of our schedule. I'm not saying we personally threw the season but when we lost our first few games I think Vermeil pretty much gave up hope for this year. If we come in last in our division we should have a fairly light schedule and may be able to make a run next year assuming we break the bank. Either that or senility has set in with Vermeil and we will have a better shot at teaching monkeys to use tools then making the Superbowl. What a disgusting year. Atleast I won our poker game tonight. :mad:

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Carl is going to dismantle the defense, that's funny! I wonder how he'll know who to pick. We all know it will be the lowest price tag.

Both the Chief's radio pre-game show and the MNF show addressed the difference in evaluating talent between the Chiefs and the Patriots. It was just sickening to hear how some of the Patriot's starters are second year players drafted in the 5th round or higher, and we have 1st and 2nd rounders still learning after 3 or more years. If that doesn't get CP and his merry band of misfit talent scounts fired, nothing will.

Otter
11-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Now that the offense is getting old it's about time.

Long Live the King!!!

I guess this means he plans on being around next year as well.

It's officially time for firecarlpeterson.com to take on life.

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Now that the offense is getting old it's about time.

Long Live the King!!!

I guess this means he plans on being around next year as well.

It's officially time for firecarlpeterson.com to take on life.

when do we start our next 5 year plan?

tk13
11-23-2004, 04:31 AM
I just think Vermeil knew the odds of making the playoffs this year so they didn't want to go all out and know that we might struggle this year because of the difficulty of our schedule. I'm not saying we personally threw the season but when we lost our first few games I think Vermeil pretty much gave up hope for this year. If we come in last in our division we should have a fairly light schedule and may be able to make a run next year assuming we break the bank. Either that or senility has set in with Vermeil and we will have a better shot at teaching monkeys to use tools then making the Superbowl. What a disgusting year. Atleast I won our poker game tonight. :mad:
Yeah I think it this offseason was set with a 2 year window in mind. I don't think they were throwing this season as much as not allowing themselves to make one big run in 2005 if too much stuff goes wrong this year. It really doesn't affect the schedule though except for two games... I could tell you right now what next year's schedule would look like if the season ended today, the only games on the list that could change would be Cincy and Houston, the other 14 games are set in stone...

Home: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, New England, New York Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Cincinnati

Away: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, New York Giants, Houston

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2004, 07:39 AM
great he'll get a shit load of blowup dolls half price, and .........WALLA! New Defense "they can tackle better" will be his motto

King Carl and his Satan's pitch fork needs to get his ass out of town.

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 07:41 AM
great he'll get a shit load of blowup dolls half price, and .........WALLA! New Defense "they can tackle better" will be his motto

At least it will give Morton a different hole to work with. :)

Chief Henry
11-23-2004, 08:10 AM

BINGO

Coach
11-23-2004, 08:14 AM
I'd love to see Carl dismantle his ass from his chair and get the hell out of Kansas City.

Tuckdaddy
11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Dismantle it how? Dumping contracts will kill us in the cap world which means there will be none for FA's. We just gave 5 of these bums new ones. Dismantle my booty, we are stuck with these same players next season.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 08:28 AM
Dismantle it how? Dumping contracts will kill us in the cap world which means there will be none for FA's. We just gave 5 of these bums new ones. Dismantle my booty, we are stuck with these same players next season.

Stick their ass on the bench.

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 08:28 AM

Then maybe CP should go out and find a DC that can coach these guys. It's obvious CP thinks they were worth the money to keep them. It must be the coach then.

Turn off sarcasm detectors now. :)

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Tear apart and rebuild with King Carl making the moves? Drafting? No thanks. Bring on Pioli!

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Tear apart and rebuild with King Carl making the moves? Drafting? No thanks. Bring on Pioli!

It's too good to be true. Sorry.

Coach
11-23-2004, 09:10 AM
You want to know what REALLY chaps my ass right now? I saw one pass that could have been intercepted by Wesley last season in a diving attempt, yet he was slowing down BEFORE he got over there and it just landed at his feet. He turned around and walked away like it was nothing. Two plays later New England scored a touchdown.

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 09:13 AM
It's too good to be true. Sorry.

Who cares about reality? All we have is hopes and dreams today.:deevee: