OLB - Fujita, Barber, Caver
MLB - Beisel
CB - Warfield, Sapp, Bartee, Battle
S - Wesley, Woods, Harts, Pile

K - Tynes
P - Cheek

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
What are you Carl Peterson? 1 starter Change on O and you keep the same starting D secondary. No thanks. Gut the whole starting D except for Fujita, Warfield, Wesley, and Allen.

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
we signed every shit-wad on defense, they aren't going anywhere

AZChief
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
dump the entire back seven on defense...

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:17 PM
What are you Carl Peterson? 1 starter Change on O and you keep the same starting D secondary. No thanks. Gut the whole starting D except for Fujita, Warfield, Wesley, and Allen.

No I was thinking rationally what the team will do. Besides some of these guys are awesome back up types like Beisel for example.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:19 PM
No I was thinking rationally what the team will do. Besides some of these guys are awesome back up types like Beisel for example.

I would keep Beisel too but only as a backup. Maz was on TV saying he will be back next year to start at MLB. God I hope not, I love Maz but he is way to slow IMO. Nice Special Teamer though.

KCinNY
11-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Gut the whole starting D except for Fujita, Warfield, Wesley, and Allen.

Why should Fujita's job be secure?

The guy's nothing special. Average OLB at best.

AZChief
11-22-2004, 11:22 PM
UMKC 1L~ I totally agree. Did he make a play tonight? Fujita is a special teamer on the Patroits...

az

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:22 PM

They guy is a good player and he has the speed and the toughness to play LB.

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Why should we dump Morton? He's having better season than Kennison.

Anyway, I would keep everyone on offense.

On defense, I would look for at least one new starter at LB, a new LDE, a new RCB, and a new FS.

Coach
I would keep Beisel too but only as a backup. Maz was on TV saying he will be back next year to start at MLB. God I hope not, I love Maz but he is way to slow IMO. Nice Special Teamer though.

Maz? Haha. I love the guy, but to come back from the kind of surgery that Terrell Davis went through? Forget about it. Maz, just retire, and go to the coaching business. That's just about the safe bet you can take.

KCinNY
UMKC 1L~ I totally agree. Did he make a play tonight? Fujita is a special teamer on the Patroits...

az

Hell, has he made a big play, EVER????

He's got a cool name, beyond that he's pretty useless.

ChiTown

He's a great human being, but an average NFL'r for sure.

WebGem
11-22-2004, 11:26 PM
keep green

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Why should we dump Morton? He's having better season than Kennison.

Anyway, I would keep everyone on offense.

On defense, I would look for at least one new starter at LB, a new LDE, a new RCB, and a new FS.

Both of our starting WR's drop too many catchable balls that normal NFL starting WR's should make.

AZChief
Fujita does a nice job of chasing running backs down after they pick up 15 yards...

ChiefsCountry
Lets look at the Defense
*Draft Pick
DE Allen, Draft Pick
DT Sims, Draft Pick
DT Dalton, Junior
DE FA, Wilkerson
LB Fujita, Caver
LB *Derrick Johnson, Beisel
LB Barber, Fox
CB FA, Bartee, Sapp
CB Warfield, Battle
SS Wesley, Pile
FS Woods, Harts

Defense would look fairly solid then. Secondary is still questionable but they are pretty young right now,ie Battle and Sapp. Besides we need good ST's.

royr17
DE Jared Allen, DE Gary Stills, DE Jimmy Wilkerson, DT Ryan Sims, DT Junior Siavii, DT Lional Dalton, LB Scott Fujita, LB Quinton Caver, LB Keyaron Fox, LB Monty Beisel, LB Rich Scanlon, CB Eric Warfield, CB William Bartee and move him to FS, CB Julian Battle, CB Benny Sapp, FS Shaunard Harts, SS Greg Wesley, and SS Willie Pile.

Say goodbye to DE Eric Hicks, DE Vonnie Holliday, LB Kawika Mitchell, LB Fred Jones, LB Shawn Barber, CB Dexter McCleon, FS Jerome Woods.

Draft a CB, a LB, OL, RB, FB, QB, and pick up some good D players in the offseason which i think we will do because Gunther will have a better idea of what he needs for his defense and that is exactly why he didnt pick any one up in the offseason.

But that is just what i would do.

AZChief
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
ChiefsCountry~ Does Warfield have to start next year? I just don't think I can watch his inconsistent, soft play anymore. He's athletic but he's such a vagina.

el borracho
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Players who should not return: Hicks, Holliday, McCleon, Barber, Maslowski, Morton and maybe Bober.

We should lock Dalton up with a contract at the first opportunity and I would like to see Allen long-snapping for the rest of the season to see if we can afford to let Gammon go.

*edit* Woods needs to shape up or ship out, as well.

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Both of our starting WR's drop too many catchable balls that normal NFL starting WR's should make.

The drops have been few and far between this year.

At this point both our starting wideouts are on pace for 1,000 yards and have significantly improved in the drops department last year.

Morton dropped two passes tonight and one was nullified by a penalty.

Kennison had a bad game as far as drops go but really his first bad drops game of the year, and he still had 99 yards and 2 TD.

ChiTown
11-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Fujita does a nice job of chasing running backs down after they pick up 15 yards...

People talk a lot about the kids speed, but I don't get it. He has horrible lateral speed and he certainly isn't that sure of a tackler. Did you see how fn quick Willie McGinnist is along the line? Now that's speed, and he's 20#'s heavier than Fuji.

Coach
11-22-2004, 11:30 PM

Yet he keeps dropping them. It's annoying. I would like to see both of our WR's gone, but that's unlikely due to their stupid signing bonuses.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
ChiefsCountry~ Does Warfield have to start next year? I just don't think I can watch his inconsistent, soft play anymore. He's athletic but he's such a vagina.

Team Warfield with a stud #1 and you have a solid if not very good CB play.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Scott Fujita

Started 16 games at LOLB ... Led the team with 151 tackles (110 solo), including two for loss ... Was fifth on the team with 4.0 sacks (-18.0 yards) ... Also had eight QB pressures, six passes defensed, one interception (eight yards), two tackles for loss and one forced fumble ... Totaled seven tackles with two stops for loss vs. San Diego (9/7) ... Produced 15 tackles at Houston (9/21) ... Had a sack of Kyle Boller at Baltimore (9/28) ... Forced a RB Clinton Portis fumble vs. Denver (10/5) ... Racked up a career-high 2.0 sacks of Brett Favre at Green Bay (10/12) ... Totaled 14 tackles and a sack of Rich Gannon at Oakland (10/20) ... Tallied a career-high 18 tackles (11 solo) vs. Buffalo (10/26) ... Posted 10 tackles apiece vs. Cleveland (11/9) and at Cincinnati (11/16) ... Recorded 14 tackles vs. Oakland (11/23) ... Tied a career high with two QB pressures at San Diego (11/30) ... Posted 10 tackles and one QB pressure vs. Detroit (12/14) ... Registered his first NFL interception (eight yards) off Kordell Stewart vs. Chicago (12/28) ... Started an AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Indianapolis (1/11/04), producing five tackles and a pass defensed.

ChiTown
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Yet he keeps dropping them. It's annoying. I would like to see both of our WR's gone, but that's unlikely due to their stupid signing bonuses.

Right on. He drops a lot of key balls. I would have tried to jump through my TV set and kill him had there not been a holding penalty on that one drop that would have gone for a sure TD.

AZChief
11-22-2004, 11:33 PM
I suppose your right that Warfield would be a solid number 2 corner...I'm just sick of watching him...

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:33 PM

What do you mean by "keeps dropping them?" The Chiefs WRs have not dropped many passes at all this year. They have been better than most NFL teams in that department. Morton inparticular has maybe 3 flat-out drops this year.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:34 PM
I suppose your right that Warfield would be a solid number 2 corner...I'm just sick of watching him...

Of course Dre Bly and Troy Vincent would have been nice instead of McCleon and Bartee, with Warfield as the nickel. Damn that would have been nice.

Count Zarth

We need a #1 CB or at least a player of Warfield's equal on the other side. I think Bartee can play nickel.

dirk digler

At this point both our starting wideouts are on pace for 1,000 yards and have significantly improved in the drops department last year.

Morton dropped two passes tonight and one was nullified by a penalty.

Kennison had a bad game as far as drops go but really his first bad drops game of the year, and he still had 99 yards and 2 TD.

My problem with our WR's is that they choke. Plain and simple. The bigger the game the more drops they have. Keep Kennison if you want but we need a true #1 WR on this team.

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:36 PM
My problem with our WR's is that they choke. Plain and simple. The bigger the game the more drops they have. Keep Kennison if you want but we need a true #1 WR on this team.

Yeah because the biggest game this season was the Colts game, and our wide receivers dropped EVERYTHING that day!
:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with KC's wide receivers. They have improved their play over last year.

The Chiefs need a god damn defense.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:36 PM
We need a true #1 WR, CB, MLB, and DE.

KCinNY
11-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Scott Fujita

Game changing plays 2002-2004:

cricket noise

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah because the biggest game this season was the Colts game, and our wide receivers dropped EVERYTHING that day!
:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with KC's wide receivers. They have improved their play over last year.

The Chiefs need a god damn defense.

No tonight was the biggest game. Kennison has improved his play for sure but we still need a true #1 WR and our depth at WR is pathetic. We shouldn't have to rely on Dante as our #3 WR.

I agree with you on the D but the O is partly to blame for the lack of success this season as well. We have failed in critical situations all season long when the game was on the line.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Scott Fuita

Game changing plays 2002-2004:

cricket noise

ROFL

I am not saying Fujita is Ray Lewis but he is a nice LOLB. I would like to Keyron Fox start to play and see what he can do.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Dante should be a 4th or 5th receiver. Or one that comes in just to trick plays and other crap.

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:42 PM
No tonight was the biggest game. Kennison has improved his play for sure but we still need a true #1 WR and our depth at WR is pathetic. We shouldn't have to rely on Dante as our #3 WR.

I agree with you on the D but the O is partly to blame for the lack of success this season as well. We have failed in critical situations all season long when the game was on the line.

There is no way the Pats game was as big as the Indy game, especially since our season was already over coming into tonight.

I do agree we need more depth, although it would only take one good WR to get good depth (we had that before Boerigter went down).

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Dante should be a 4th or 5th receiver. Or one that comes in just to trick plays and other crap.

I agree. He is a perfect #4 WR.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I agree. He is a perfect #4 WR.

I like #5 better. I wish we had Rashaun Woods, Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Kennison, and Marc Boerighter.

dirk digler
11-22-2004, 11:47 PM
There is no way the Pats game was as big as the Indy game, especially since our season was already over coming into tonight.

I do agree we need more depth, although it would only take one good WR to get good depth (we had that before Boerigter went down).

We can't count on Boerigter next year to help at all, it takes 2 full years to recover from a serious knee injury so we are going to need to address this position.

I guess I think tonight was important because IMO it was the elimination game. We still had a chance tonight if we would have won. Now we have no chance.

Phobia
11-22-2004, 11:51 PM
I feel like we need to bite the bullet and pull a 49ers. They have 40 1st or 2nd year players on their roster. It's time to fire all the scouts and pro player personnel and clean house.

tk13
11-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Fujita is our only FA on defense. Not sure how much money he'd want or if we even want to re-sign him. I think Holliday's gone and I think cutting Woods and Barber alone would count about 8-9 million against the cap unless we cut them after June 1, in which case most of the good FA's would obviously be gone....

Phobia
11-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Fujita is our only FA on defense. Not sure how much money he'd want or if we even want to re-sign him. I think Holliday's gone and I think cutting Woods and Barber alone would count about 8-9 million against the cap unless we cut them after June 1, in which case most of the good FA's would obviously be gone....

If we cut one of them NOW it hits this year's cap. That would be prudent, IMO. Not gonna happen, but it makes complete sense.

Count Zarth
11-22-2004, 11:56 PM
I feel like we need to bite the bullet and pull a 49ers. They have 40 1st or 2nd year players on their roster. It's time to fire all the scouts and pro player personnel and clean house.

I totally agree with you. I wouldn't mind us cleaning house even if it means a huge hit on the salary cap. Sometimes you have to lose everything before you can start over again.

Miles
11-23-2004, 12:01 AM

I think we are a season away from that being necessary. I think the OL, Green and Holmes have another year left in them to try and do something before guting the team.

SNR
11-23-2004, 12:04 AM
I wish we could just cut the shit and let our current starters be the new shit.

That's what are current starters are- backups. We were expected to win a championship with backups for a starting D.

tk13
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I'd keep Barber, he's probably overpaid but at least last year he showed the ability to make some big plays (Knocking Gannon out, making the stop in the backfield for our only 3rd down stop in the playoff game)... Woods can pack his crap for all I care, he's been the biggest disappointment on this defense for me...

Phobia
11-23-2004, 12:18 AM
I think we are a season away from that being necessary. I think the OL, Green and Holmes have another year left in them to try and do something before guting the team.

I don't think this is a choice the front office staff will be faced with. I think the OL and Holmes are a line of dominos. One falls and we're screwed for certain next season.

chiefshead33
11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't think this is a choice the front office staff will be faced with. I think the OL and Holmes are a line of dominos. One falls and we're screwed for certain next season.Truth.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 05:42 AM

:bravo:

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 05:50 AM
One thing is for sure, it is time to send some folks to clean out their lockers. Woods, Mitchell, McCrispy, Toastfield, Burntee, Barber, and Holliday can pack their shite right now. Everyone else gets exactly ONE FUGGIN CHANCE to prove they can play D this offseason and if they can't....SEEYAH. Gun needs to convince Peterhead to spend the money for some quality FAs and to STFD and STFU come draft day.

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2004, 06:57 AM
King Carl's ass needs to be canned

John_Wayne
11-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Here is my list:
QB - Green, Collins
RB - Holmes, Blaylock (trade LJ for anything)
FB - Richardson
WR - Kennison, Morton, Boerigter, Hall
TE - Gonzalez, Wilson, Dunn
OT - Roaf, Bober, Welbourn
OG - Shield, Waters, Black
C - Wiegmann

Draft or sign a free agent WR & FB.

DE - Allen, Wilkerson
DT - Sims, Dalton, Junior
OLB - Fujita, Barber
MLB -
CB - Warfield
S - Wesley, Woods, Harts, Pile

Draft or sign a free agent DE, OLB, MLB, CB. Promote Harts and/or Pile and demote Woods.

K - Tynes
P - Cheek

Where is Sammie Parker? Where is John Browning?

Count Zarth
11-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Why in the blue hell do any of you want to keep Woods?

Coach
11-23-2004, 07:34 AM
Why in the blue hell do any of you want to keep Woods?

We have no choice. His signing bonus is out of whack. We cut him, BOOM, our cap takes a hit.

Count Zarth
11-23-2004, 07:38 AM
We have no choice. His signing bonus is out of whack. We cut him, BOOM, our cap takes a hit.

Oh, ok. I just hope no one here wants his ass starting.

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 07:40 AM

At the very least get him to restructure if possible to free up some FA dollars.

Coach
11-23-2004, 07:41 AM

Agreed. I thought Harts performed better than Woods did IMHO. At least he has the balls to hit somebody for god sakes.

Nightfyre
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
I'd keep:

QB Green, Collins
RB Holmes, Blaylock (cut LJ)
FB Richardson (hes the best.)
WR Hall(For Kickoff/Punt threat)
TE Gonzalez, Wilson, Dunn
OLine Everyone

O-Pickups: SOME WRs!!!! Maybe a QBotF or RBotF if blaylock can't fill that gap.

Defense:
D-Line: Keep the Line, they seem to be coming along.
LB: Beisel, Fujita
CB: Sapp(he looks alright for a rookie.)
SS: Wesley (you guys throw too much flak this guys way. He's a quality player.)

Defensive pickups: A solid back seven.

ST:
ST: Gary Stills
P: Steve Cheek
Pickups: Vanderjagt (he is pissed in Indy, but a solid kicker.)

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 08:42 AM

I hope no one here wants anything to do with his ass.

Coogs
11-23-2004, 09:33 AM

I totally agree. If we are going to suck, I would just as soon suck with a team that has a future, than one that is in decline. There has been nothing to indicate that this season has been a fluke, and another year for them would make a difference.

Time to gut it and start over with a couple of years of high draft picks that the new regime wants. Not a high draft pick (or two with the right trade(s)) selected this year by the crew that will be leaving in one more year that the new regime really does not want.

Clean house. And I mean everyone including AS and Gun. Start with fresh people and ideas, and let them build the team from the ground up.