PDA

View Full Version : Give Leon the Ball

gblowfish
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Just got back from the Stadium. I sit right behind the Chiefs Bench. Leon (LJ 34) just sat on the bench all by himself all night. It looked like he was waiting for a bus. It was sad to think that there's our first round pick just sitting there. Doing nothing. Not helping on special teams, not helping on offense. Just....sitting.

How many teams have a first rounder who was not a QB just sitting, that's healthy? It really blows my mind. If Priest is hurt, let's give Leon the ball 20 times a game and see what happens. If he's the second coming of Ethan Horton, at least we can cut his ass next year so he won't be holding down a useless roster spot.

BTW: our defensive backfield is the worst I've ever seen in the NFL.
Battle: Oven.
Bartee: Oven.
McCleon: Oven.
Warfield: Get really really drunk. Then Oven.

SoCalBronco
11-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Leon cant do everything.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Waiting for a bus? Weird. On tv it looked like he was standing on the sideline with his helmet on waiting for his chance to play.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 12:42 AM
It looked like he was waiting for a bus.

Was it the two Patriots buses before the game?

Sure-Oz
11-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Dick said he'd play tonight guess not. I want to see him given a shot now that we are out of it.

OldTownChief
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Dick said he'd play tonight guess not. I want to see him given a shot now that we are out of it.

That's about what I was going to say. DV's a **** head for saying he was going to play him more this week and never put him in. I guess he thought Blaylock was tearin up the place.

Coach
11-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Also what chaps my ass is that DV said that Junior was supposed to get alot of playing time, but to me it appeard that he didn't go in until the 3rd/4th Quarter.

gblowfish
11-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Yes, Leon got up off the bench a couple of times. It was his responsibility to stand within earshot of the running backs coach. He didn't get a sniff. His jersey looked ready for the team photo at the end of the game. All I'm sayin' is this is a freakin FIRST ROUNDER!!!! It kills me that he's just loitering. Play him to see what you've got. If he sucks like he did in the Tampa Bay game, cut him loose. If he plays well like he did against the Bears last year, give him the rock. He ought to be able to bust up a wedge on special teams at least! Why does his poop not stink? He can't cover on a kickoff or on a punt team? I don't get it.

BTW: See Leon's Bio Here: http://tinyurl.com/3qquh

Sure-Oz
11-23-2004, 12:55 AM
I think he has to get playing time, priest is done and we might as well see what is there, it would be extremely stupid not to atleast get him some experience and playing time.