PDA

View Full Version : Gawd, if I have to hear how talented and athletic.....

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Julian Battle is in another DV Monday Press Conference, I'm gonna puke.

Fact: Julian Battle can't apply tight coverage without a PF

Fact: Julian Battle is Will Bart with a neck that turns

ptlyon
11-23-2004, 08:30 AM
He's terrible.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
The thing that blew my mind about Battle was him talking shit after making ONE play. He makes one play out of 50 and he's jawing the WR like he's Champ Bailey. Just Shut up and play. Christ!

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
The way I feel right now, I might puke if I have to hear DV in another Monday press conference.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm not going to trash Battle yet. He's young, and a lot of CBs get burned until they get enough playing time to learn.

This may not be the time to say it, but Bartee is sure as heck making progress. I'm not saying he's an all-pro, but he's not just a touchdown maker now.

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
The thing that blew my mind about Battle was him talking shit after making ONE play. He makes one play out of 50 and he's jawing the WR like he's Champ Bailey. Just Shut up and play. Christ!

Much like Ryan Sims on the first play of the game. Shut up Bucky, it's what you get paid to do you loser.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Battle has some potential, think about he has just played cornerback the last two seasons. He played safety at Tennessee. I think he could be a solid servicable nickelback in the future, if Sapp doesn't take that spot from him.

Douche Baggins
11-23-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm not going to trash Battle yet. He's young, and a lot of CBs get burned until they get enough playing time to learn.

Yup. He is essentially a rookie this year after barely seeing the field last year.

Lzen
11-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Battle played some corner at Tennesse, too. But yeah, he's got a lot to learn. I would prefer not to hear anymore about him until he learns how to play better.

But, here's what you can do.

DON'T LISTEN TO DV'S PRESS CONFERENCES.

Duh!! :p

Frankie
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Battle has some potential, think about he has just played cornerback the last two seasons. He played safety at Tennessee. I think he could be a solid servicable nickelback in the future, if Sapp doesn't take that spot from him.

Why not make him a safety? Woods seems to be done anyway.

FringeNC
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
We need to get more like NE. Quit going after these "tools" guys, and go after guys who can play football.

Chiefnj
11-23-2004, 09:19 AM
He's a safety learning to play corner in the NFL. He's a project pick. You shouldn't expect him to be decent until he has at least 3 years under his belt. It's not his fault, it's the staffs.

Garcia Bronco
11-23-2004, 09:23 AM

And then he got burned on the same pattern the next play for a huge gain.

KCWolfman
11-23-2004, 09:27 AM
When Dexter McMillan, er McLeon replaces you in the middle of the last chance of the season in an important game and you are not injured, you obviously suck.

KCWolfman
11-23-2004, 09:28 AM
He's a safety learning to play corner in the NFL. He's a project pick. You shouldn't expect him to be decent until he has at least 3 years under his belt. It's not his fault, it's the staffs.
We can't find a corner? Why retool a player who is going to need years of work? More importantly why play him in a crucial game if he needs that work? Most importantly, why is he so arrogant when he must know that he sucks?

jspchief
11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Battle made a very solid play on a bomb to Patten in the second half. Then a few plays later he gave up a bomb to Patten (got burned on the route). He's a guy that had better be getting a lot of playing time now that the season is officially in the tank.

We really need some of these young bums to pan out, because we are going to be in dire need of an influx of youth on offense in the next two years. If guys like Battle, Mitchell, and Fox all turn out to be busts, we'll be trying to replace them at the same time we're replacing Green, Shields, T-Rich, Roaf, and our geriatric WRs.

Straight, No Chaser
11-23-2004, 10:03 AM
We really need some of these young bums to pan out, because we are going to be in dire need of an influx of youth on offense in the next two years. If guys like Battle, Mitchell, and Fox all turn out to be busts, we'll be trying to replace them at the same time we're replacing Green, Shields, T-Rich, Roaf, and our geriatric WRs.

:thumb: I may not totally agree, but at least there's some who are taking a critical look ahead.
The great thing about the Planet (and the main reason I come around) is that it's ahead of the "curve". If I want to know what happened yesterday or today I go to the STAR or some other synthesized media outlet. Posts like this and others I've been reading take a fresh look ahead. (Yes, I too am cashing in my '04 chips)

Regime change?
Someone need to get Sheet-canned?
Preparation for the post-Vermiel era?
Fix, repair, or overhaul?
etc, etc, etc.

--->