PDA

View Full Version : Grunhard just told a great story about Elvis

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 09:54 AM
He said Elvis spent $15,000 on a Christmas party and only 4 people showed up.

So he (Grunhard) stood up in the next team meeting and called people out one by one....he (Grunhard) said this was an example of leadership on his part.

I think it shows he was too stupid to realize Grbac was a flaming vagina.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Grunhard liked Elvis cause he touched his balls every play.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 09:57 AM
That's actually kind of sad.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Poor Grunny. He deserved a SB championship. I feel sad for all the old Chiefs that I grew up with that will never see the Lombardi. :(

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
That's actually kind of sad.

hilariously sad?

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Poor Grunny. He deserved a SB championship. I feel sad for all the old Chiefs that I grew up with that will never see the Lombardi. :(

yeah, and all the current chiefs that we are growing up with...

Baby Lee
11-23-2004, 10:02 AM
hilariously sad?
Pathetisad.

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 10:04 AM
I just can't feel sorry for Elvis. Next to Ryan Leaf he had less heart for the game than any player ever in the NFL.

shaneo69
11-23-2004, 10:07 AM
In PFW's 1999 Pro Football Preview Guide, Joel Buchsbaum actually mentioned this Christmas party. He said that after Elvis had gained some popularity in the locker room with a season-ending comeback win against the Raiders in '98, he lost many of those same guys when "the guest list at his Christmas party did not sit well with many of his teammates."

How in the hell did Buchsbaum know about this?

Elvis was a total jackass.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 10:11 AM
So...what happened? He didn't invite some teammates or something, so nobody showed up? For some reason, I can't avoid picking this scab.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 10:12 AM
So...what happened? He didn't invite some teammates or something, so nobody showed up? For some reason, I can't avoid picking this scab.
Maybe he invited Romanowski.... :shrug:

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 10:14 AM
I think he greeted people at the door naked.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I think he greeted people at the door naked. That People magazine "sexiest people" thing really went to his head.

Taco John
A guy throws a $15,000 dollar bash (your quarterback, no less), and only 4 people show up? I think we're starting to see a picture as to why your team has such a hard time pulling together for big games.

Otter

That's what it sounds like.

How the hell do you think you're going to get away with inviting some guys from the team and not others?

I think the only guys a QB could get away with to single out for somthing like this would be the o-line. After that it's pretty much poor taste.

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2004, 10:18 AM

What happened to your rep?

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 10:18 AM
A guy throws a $15,000 dollar bash (your quarterback, no less), and only 4 people show up? I think we're starting to see a picture as to why your team has such a hard time pulling together for big games.

it wasn't a secret that the team didn't ever "warm up" to Elvis the Quitter...

gblowfish
11-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Afterward, Elvis said "I can't invite guys and make them show up too."
What a tool.
My fave Elvis quote is when he left KC to go to Baltimore the off-season after they won the Super Bowl. Elvis said in his press conference that "He'd take the team to a whole new level." He sure did. The Ravens had never seen a QB wet his pants before.

These days Elvis just sits around the house counting his money over and over and watching Oprah. What a putz.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 10:23 AM

Your QB throws some great parties:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/jakeplummer1.jpg

http://sportsbybrooks.com/jakeplummer2.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 10:24 AM

Nothing. It goes up and down from time to time.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Your QB throws some great parties:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/jakeplummer1.jpg

ROFL :clap:

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh hell.... ROFLROFL

Those pics are awesome.

Frankie
11-23-2004, 10:37 AM
How in the hell did Buchsbaum know about this?

We'll never know. He's dead. :(

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I think he greeted people at the door naked.

Good thing Morton wasn't on the team at that time.

John_Wayne
11-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Nothing. It goes up and down from time to time. So is your rep up or down right now?

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 11:05 AM
So is your rep up or down right now?

You'll have to ask him.

Brock
11-23-2004, 11:09 AM
How very ghey.

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I love Gunny man but Fuk Gunny and his support of Elvis. Your wrong Gunny. How can they have respected him when he doesn't play with a sprained pinkie? Wouldn't go for the first down running if it meant getting hit. Help out on a block when the run comes back your way. Basically playing a mans game and being a puss.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 11:13 AM

I remember the story on that coming out and I believe that is what happened. If I remember right, there was one or two players he didn't invite and the rest of the team skipped because of it. Can't remember who the player(s) were though.

patteeu
11-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I love Gunny man but Fuk Gunny and his support of Elvis. Your wrong Gunny. How can they have respected him when he doesn't play with a sprained pinkie? Wouldn't go for the first down running if it meant getting hit. Help out on a block when the run comes back your way. Basically playing a mans game and being a puss.

I didn't hear it this morning, but I've heard Grunhard tell this story before. It's not so much that Grunhard liked or respected Elvis (he didn't really), it's that he thought at the time that as long as Elvis was the Chiefs QB, the team needed to rally around him and that it was his responsibility as a team leader to be a cheerleader in that cause. Obviously, the rest of the team didn't share his view.

BTW, I assume it is just a typo and you meant GRunny not Gunny in your post.

patteeu
11-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Speaking of stories about NFL QBs throwing parties, I went to school with a guy who knew Steve Young. He told me a story about Young going to a party that Joe Montana was throwing one time (Christmas party I think). He was greeted at the door by one of Montana's kids who said something to the effect of, "Oh, you're the guy my dad doesn't like." Obviously, this is a third hand story so take it with a grain of salt, but I do believe my friend actually did know Young.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM

He was giving royr17 neg rep for no particular reason and then rubbing it in, so I started giving him neg rep for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure he's learned a lesson.

Predarat
11-23-2004, 01:35 PM
I thought one was Lake Dawson but he didn't play for KC in 98 or 99 so if the party was in 98 or 99 it wasnt him. One almost had to have been Gannon.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 06:14 PM
He was giving royr17 neg rep for no particular reason and then rubbing it in, so I started giving him neg rep for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure he's learned a lesson.

I'm pretty sure I don't care. ROFL