PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Game Thread - St Josephs vs Kansas

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 09:10 AM
9:00 PM on ESPN2.

Yeah, this thread is a bit early, but I got nothing else to think about right now than college basketball. Why is this game so friggin late?

By the way, if :KU: loses, you guys can blame it on me. I'll be in attendance tonight at AFH.

Lzen
11-23-2004, 09:43 AM
I too, was wondering why it was so late. KU is in Central time and St. Joe's is in ET. Doesn't make sense except that it's on ESPN and they probably dictated the time slot. Aw well, it works for me since I'll be out at church and won't get home until around 9. :)

So, is St. Joe's going to be any good this year? Or are they going to fall back down to Earth after losing a couple great players?

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 09:46 AM
I too, was wondering why it was so late. KU is in Central time and St. Joe's is in ET. Doesn't make sense except that it's on ESPN and they probably dictated the time slot. Aw well, it works for me since I'll be out at church and won't get home until around 9. :)

So, is St. Joe's going to be any good this year? Or are they going to fall back down to Earth after losing a couple great players?
The latter, IMO. I don't think they are even ranked. They lost pretty much their entire backcourt.

That being said, I hope we don't lose to em.

Coach
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
They lost their best player Nelsen (sp?) last year. That dude sure can play ball.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 10:28 AM
well one thing is said about bill self, he does schedule some teams to play... they all arent the patsies that Huckleberry Roy scheduled.... which IMO is the reason his winning percentage was so high.

Bearcat
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Another team we're supposed to blow out, I guess :rolleyes:

I do like the schedule, especially since people know who St. Joe's & Pacific are... as well as the two other teams that made the tournament last year.... and oh yeah, Georgia Tech.

ROYC75
11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Yep, it's time to watch a team that does win games.......

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Another team we're supposed to blow out, I guess :rolleyes:

I do like the schedule, especially since people know who St. Joe's & Pacific are... as well as the two other teams that made the tournament last year.... and oh yeah, Georgia Tech.
Does Kentucky count?

Brando
11-23-2004, 10:43 AM
St. Joe's is without their best player Pat Carroll. Jayhawks win this one huge. I think that they'll be ready to romp tonight.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 10:52 AM
There's more than a little wrong about this thread. A K-State fan posting a KU game thread 11 hours before the game. And he isn't even going to be here to post on it.

Coach
11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
There's more than a little wrong about this thread. A K-State fan posting a KU game thread 11 hours before the game. And he isn't even going to be here to post on it.

ROFL

Yeah, plus I was the last one to do the Washburn and the Vermont game and it was something like right at the beginning of the game. Oh well.

Anyone going to need a little PBP tonight?

Bearcat
11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Does Kentucky count?

They're okay, too.

Bearcat
11-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Yep, it's time to watch a team that does win games.......

I was just looking at my sig thinking, damn, I really need to change it to something a little more positive....

Underachievers, Locked Out, My Only Hope, Underachievers, Suck

ArrowheadHawk
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
i just hope our boys got their engines tuned back up and play some ku ball.

Lightning Rod
11-23-2004, 11:10 AM
I am a huge KU fan and I am going to go watch MU play Creighton tonight. What is wrong with this picture.

Bearcat
11-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I am a huge KU fan and I am going to go watch MU play Creighton tonight. What is wrong with this picture.

Don't forget your Muck Fizzou shirt.

Creighton colors, too.

ArrowheadHawk
11-23-2004, 11:14 AM
I am a huge KU fan and I am going to go watch MU play Creighton tonight. What is wrong with this picture.you are not a huge ku fan then

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Go Bluejays.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 11:19 AM
You know you love it, Skip. :p

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe KU is playing 8 non-conference teams that were in the tourny last year.

Anyone come across that stat?

I love playing good teams....GT at home and UK on the road will be awesome.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 11:43 AM
I believe KU is playing 8 non-conference teams that were in the tourny last year.

Anyone come across that stat?

I love playing good teams....GT at home and UK on the road will be awesome.
Lets see here...

Vermont- Tourney
St Joe- Tourney
Nevada - Tourney
Pacific - Tourney
TCU - non tourney, probably the weakest team on the schedule
La La - 20-8 last year, no tourney
South Carolina - 23-10 last year, no tourney
Wisconsin-Milwaukee - NIT team Kemper game
Georgia Tech - Tourney
@Kentucky - Tourney
@Villanova - NIT team

Coach
11-23-2004, 07:40 PM
About 20 more minutes left or so before 9:00p.m.

Boozer
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Hehe..."Kansas and surrounding areas will be switched over."

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Hell, we can't use this bogus thread. It was started by a K-State fan who isn't even here. I'm going to start a real one by a KU fan. Please join me over there.

DJay23
11-23-2004, 07:56 PM
@Villanova
I'm going. Hope Nova fans aren't like Eagles fans...

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm going. Hope Nova fans aren't like Eagles fans...
Can't be worst than St Josephs fans, or Temple fans. :)