PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a change at the end of this year? Finally?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Probably more importantly...will the change happen?

I think it's time for a change. We need to clean house, IMO. DV tried but he failed, and so did CP. Much respect to both of them for the excitement they brought to KC (Carl for the pretty good 15 years, and DV for a good 4 years) it was fun, but it's time to get some new blood in here, even if it means we have to struggle for some years. I just think we have to get some good draft choices (that means bye bye to the current Chiefs front office) along with a good mix of free agents.

What do you guys think? I'm just tired of the fact that you can predict (for the last 4 years) how every game is going to turn out, and turn out for the worst. For real, almost every game in DV's tenure has been like Ground Hogs day every game.

One word sums up Carl and DV's tenure here in KC: Inconsistency. And I'm tired of it. You don't fix what is not broken, but you do fix what is broken and this organization is broken.

What are your guys thoughts?

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I've been saying this about DV for a while now....

:p

The bitch needs to go. (both bitches actually) See sig.......

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM
They need to clean house. It's just laughable and sad all the same time. I'll always be a fan, but it has just gotten tiring of the same ol' same ol'. It's insane. They need to clean house from the janitors to all the way up, IMO.

Not to mention, we need new player scouts for the draft, but not for free agency. Why not free agency? Because even an idiot knows that a Terrell Owens or a Antoine Winfield can upgrade your team. It's not rocket science. It's not about the money if you don't want it to be. You can get the players you want, if you really want them. The dedication to winning has to be questioned.

Frankie
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
I disagree:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2108353#post2108353

Otter
11-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Well there goes Cody in the "not a real fan" column.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Well there goes Cody in the "not a real fan" column.

ROFL

That's harsh.

How about Cody in the "Realist, not afraid to admit we need change" column?

That'd sound better. :p

Otter
11-23-2004, 11:36 AM
ROFL

That's harsh.

How about Cody in the "Realist, not afraid to admit we need change" column?

That'd sound better. :p
You've obvioulsy haven't received your copy of "The Real Fan Guidlines Handbook".

Allow me to point you in the right direction:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104898

Now, please step the side while the real fans discuss the future of this franchise.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 12:27 PM
You've obvioulsy haven't received your copy of "The Real Fan Guidlines Handbook".

Allow me to point you in the right direction:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104898

Now, please step the side while the real fans discuss the future of this franchise.

ROFL Nice.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 01:56 PM
They need to clean house. It's just laughable and sad all the same time. I'll always be a fan, but it has just gotten tiring of the same ol' same ol'. It's insane. They need to clean house from the janitors to all the way up, IMO.

Not to mention, we need new player scouts for the draft, but not for free agency. Why not free agency? Because even an idiot knows that a Terrell Owens or a Antoine Winfield can upgrade your team. It's not rocket science. It's not about the money if you don't want it to be. You can get the players you want, if you really want them. The dedication to winning has to be questioned.
Clean house including the janitors? I disagree. I want to keep that large breasted redhead that works in the front office.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 02:01 PM
We've needed change for almost a decade.

Will it happen now, after all this time?

Nope.

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
No radical change will happen while Mr. Hunt is still at the top. If he bequeaths the Kingdom to an heir, change is possible.

Carl is selling tix and that's what he is supposed to do.

Vermiel is wildly popular and creates just enough excitement to merit an extension.

The players? They're getting old on offense and and going around in circles on _efense without a leader on the field.

The answer is to develop young players while you try to win now. Schottenheimer was good at that. Cowher and Bellicek are the best. DV hasn't developed many young players. After 4 years, you should have grown most of your own replacements. With few exceptions, that didn't happen.

KCJ
Had enough regime change this year in Baghdad- you guys fight it out...

Brock
11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Vermeil is wildly popular? Obviously, you haven't been to KC in quite some time.

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Vermeil is wildly popular? Obviously, you haven't been to KC in quite some time.
I thought you lived in NY.
The rest of the league seems to love him. Is he really in the doghouse in KC? I have no way of knowing. I'm in SC...

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
No radical change will happen while Mr. Hunt is still at the top. If he bequeaths the Kingdom to an heir, change is possible.

Carl is selling tix and that's what he is supposed to do.

Vermiel is wildly popular and creates just enough excitement to merit an extension.

The players? They're getting old on offense and and going around in circles on _efense without a leader on the field.

The answer is to develop young players while you try to win now. Schottenheimer was good at that. Cowher and Bellicek are the best. DV hasn't developed many young players. After 4 years, you should have grown most of your own replacements. With few exceptions, that didn't happen.

KCJ
Had enough regime change this year in Baghdad- you guys fight it out...

Since when was Schottenheimer good at developing young players? Since NEVER. The young players he has now in San Diego were handed to him on a silver platter...

As for his stint in KC, he was just like Vermeil -- more willing to go with an under-talented veteran than stick his neck out for a rookie.

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Since when was Schottenheimer good at developing young players? Since NEVER. The young players he has now in San Diego were handed to him on a silver platter...

As for his stint in KC, he was just like Vermeil -- more willing to go with an under-talented veteran than stick his neck out for a rookie.
Let's see...do the names Shields, Anders, Richardson, Gonzales, Carter (Dale), Edwards, etc...mean anything to you? You're just upset. Marty was great at developing young talent.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Let's see...do the names Shields, Anders, Richardson, Gonzales, Carter (Dale), Edwards, etc...mean anything to you? You're just upset. Marty was great at developing young talent.

Shields started 15 out of 16 games his rookie year. Dale Carter played in 16 games his rookie year. Both of them played positions that require very little "development". MANY offensive linemen and defensive backs start in their rookie years.

Richardson was a free agent when he came here and started TWO games in his first four seasons. He wasn't made a full-time anything until Gunther became head coach in 1999.

Anders was here for 3 years before becoming a full-time starter.

Edwards didn't start until his 2nd season.

When it REALLY came to sticking his neck out, what did Marty do with Greg Hill, or Joe Horn, Darren Mickell, or Pat Barnes? NOTHING.

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 03:59 PM

Ah, yes, the same guy that brought in Alexander, Rison, drafted Greg "the real deal" Hill, Trezelle Jenkins, Victor Riley brought in Elvis Grbackup, etc........yup that guy had a real eye for talent. :rolleyes:

Brock
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
When it REALLY came to sticking his neck out, what did Marty do with Greg Hill, or Joe Horn, Darren Mickell, or Pat Barnes? NOTHING.

He stuck his neck out for guys who really deserved it, like Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 04:01 PM
He stuck his neck out for guys who really deserved it, like Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover.

Don't forget Wayne Simmons...

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 04:02 PM

ROFL I forgot all about Bong Morris and Tamarick the car dealer.

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 04:03 PM
He was especially protective of Victor "Smack mah bidge up" Riley. :shake:

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
He was especially protective of Victor "Smack mah bidge up" Riley. :shake:

That would be Victory "fug smackin mah bidge up, I'll just hit her wit mah SUV" Riley...

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 04:15 PM
That would be Victory "fug smackin mah bidge up, I'll just hit her wit mah SUV" Riley...

ROFL

wolfpack0735
11-23-2004, 04:54 PM
it dosnt matter who you bring in queen carl has left not enough cap room next year to bring in a great wideout and just about awhole new defense. the cap hits from resigning the losers from the defense of last year wont let it happen :deevee:

Dartgod
11-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Shoud we? Absolutely.

Will we? Absolutely not...

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Shields started 15 out of 16 games his rookie year. Dale Carter played in 16 games his rookie year. Both of them played positions that require very little "development". MANY offensive linemen and defensive backs start in their rookie years.

Richardson was a free agent when he came here and started TWO games in his first four seasons. He wasn't made a full-time anything until Gunther became head coach in 1999.

Anders was here for 3 years before becoming a full-time starter.

Edwards didn't start until his 2nd season.

DEVELOP. De-vel-op. Bring along. Gradually attribute to success. Take steps to improve. Hello? Thanks for making my point. :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Any updates as to what people think?

That's what I thought.

Definately time for a change.

whoman69
11-28-2004, 10:17 PM
DV stays, he at least can get the offense going. CP goes. He has proven in the last half dozen years that he has no clue when it comes to the draft and free agency.