PDA

View Full Version : John Green - the "fan" that started the Pistons/Pacers riot

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 11:14 AM
It's all over ESPN ... this guy has a huge rap sheet, multiple DUI/DWI's and one of his probabtion terms was "no alcohol". It's on the video- him throwing the beer. He's banned from the Palace, but I'm interested to find out what else happens.

He essentially instigated the riot... will he be the focus of multiple lawsuits?

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Blood...turnip...I doubt he'll be sued when he was in the middle of a millionaire's brawl.

What a diphead, though. I hope he ends up back in jail throwing fruit cups at other inmates.

Otter
11-23-2004, 11:17 AM
That guy in the glasses that Artest grabbed a hold of should sue his ass for every penny he can get. He didn't do a damn thing and took the beating.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 11:18 AM
That guy in the glasses that Artest grabbed a hold of should sue his ass for every penny he can get. He didn't do a damn thing and took the beating.

I sure would.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2004, 11:19 AM
so what...

he threw a beer... it was stupid, it was ignorant .... but hardly a crime IMO.

ban him from any further games ... case closed.

Brock
11-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I would imagine Artest has deeper pockets than Mr. multiple dui white trash.

Coach
11-23-2004, 11:22 AM
He was trying to explain how the whole thing happened so fast, and at one point said, "I don't know if you've ever been in a situation like that before..." actually, no, I haven't ever been in that ever-famililar situation of touching off a riot by cowardly throwing a cup at a man who wasn't looking, pushing him past me toward an innocent person after he charges toward me and then rabbit punching him in the back of the head while he's being held. Can't say that i have been in that situation...must have been tough for you.

shakesthecat
11-23-2004, 11:25 AM
With any luck, there's a chartered bus full of pissed off Pacer fans on its way to Mr. Green's house right now.

Soupnazi
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM
There ought to be a separate penal colony for all these retards. Throw him in, along with the 'tard that attacked Gamboa, and others...arm them with alcohol and their fists and let them take care of one another.

Braincase
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Will Artest sue him for lost wages? I hope so - and I hope Artest wins.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 11:30 AM
He no doubt instigated it, but Artest is a big boy and he didn't have to go into the stands. Too bad Artest is a thug or he would've just ignored it. No class. Artest and the fans.

Coogs
11-23-2004, 11:40 AM

If the cost of a beer at a Pistons game is the same as it is at the K and at Arrowhead, it boarders on being a crime to throw it away like that.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
If the cost of a beer at a Pistons game is the same as it is at the K and at Arrowhead, it boarders on being a crime to throw it away like that.

hehe ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
any pics of the guy?

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Buy today!!

http://www.tshirthell.com/images/shirtofmonth_132.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm wondering how much $ Artest is going to pay to the Detroit Pistons ball boys.

The two guys on the court that wailed on were both Pistons ball boys.

KCWolfman
11-23-2004, 12:04 PM
so what...

Actually, it is several crimes, but none worth convicting.

Bearcat
11-23-2004, 12:05 PM
He was trying to explain how the whole thing happened so fast, and at one point said, "I don't know if you've ever been in a situation like that before...".

That is towards the top of my Dumbest Interviews Ever list... I'm sure his lawyer reminded him of what not to say, but there wasn't even a hint of responsibility or remorse for his actions. It sounded like something I'd expect the first guy Artest grabbed to say.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
any pics of the guy?

I didn't see any, but you recall in the video ... as Artest is going towards the geeky kid with the beer, Artest passes a bigger guy wearing a white cap with a blue Wallace jersey.

He passes that guy, then as he's pounding the geeky kid, this dude in the cap grabs Artest from behind - pulls him - then punches him in the head.

That's the guy. In the video they show, you can see him "underhand throw" the beer on Artest.

Garcia Bronco
11-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Awesome...charge him with assault & Battery. If this happened in Virginia. Artest, Jackson, The Fan, and O'Neal would have been in cuffs and hauled out of there..plain and simple. All four of these numbskulls need to be charged and arrested and put in jail where they belong.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I didn't see any, but you recall in the video ... as Artest is going towards the geeky kid with the beer, Artest passes a bigger guy wearing a white cap with a blue Wallace jersey.

He passes that guy, then as he's pounding the geeky kid, this dude in the cap grabs Artest from behind - pulls him - then punches him in the head.

That's the guy. In the video they show, you can see him "underhand throw" the beer on Artest.

ah ha... he did look a bit suspicious... i thought at first it was that 15ish year old black dude... who got the hell out of the way when Artest got up...

yeah the dude in Psicosis avatar is gonna get paid.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 12:11 PM
so what...

It's assault last I checked.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 12:16 PM
He no doubt instigated it, but Artest is a big boy and he didn't have to go into the stands. Too bad Artest is a thug or he would've just ignored it. No class. Artest and the fans.
You expect class at an NBA game?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2004, 12:28 PM
You expect class at an NBA game?

Good point.

And I like the NBA, but that's a good point.

ChiefsFanatik88
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
It's all over ESPN ... this guy has a huge rap sheet, multiple DUI/DWI's and one of his probabtion terms was "no alcohol". It's on the video- him throwing the beer. He's banned from the Palace, but I'm interested to find out what else happens.

He essentially instigated the riot... will he be the focus of multiple lawsuits?

It was not his beer. He was sitting next to someone that was drinking beer and that person left it when he decided to leave the arena. :<}

Taco John
11-23-2004, 12:43 PM
He passes that guy, then as he's pounding the geeky kid, this dude in the cap grabs Artest from behind - pulls him - then punches him in the head..

Actually, the huge misconception out there is that he pounded the geeky kid... They interviewed the geeky kid later, and Artest had covered the kid and got in his face demanding from him if it was him who threw the beer. But no punches thrown at him.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2004, 12:49 PM
It's assault last I checked.

and so is throwing a water balloon at someone like you did when you were a kid.

he got artest WET ... big deal

its a disciplinary action for the arena to take against an unruly fan, nothing more.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm wondering how much $ Artest is going to pay to the Detroit Pistons ball boys.

The two guys on the court that wailed on were both Pistons ball boys.

We know that at least one of them bounces.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
The geeky kid should sue for a new pair of boxers.

KCWolfman
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
and so is throwing a water balloon at someone like you did when you were a kid.

he got artest WET ... big deal

its a disciplinary action for the arena to take against an unruly fan, nothing more.
It is not that big of a deal, but to state he just got someone wet isn't totally honest either.

If I took a piss on someone and said "I just got them wet", I don't they would agree with your sentinment above.

That said, I agree with your main reaction - The fan was a dick, but not a felonious dick.

Kraut
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Both Artest and this fan are absoulte Aholes. Both should be criminally charged, along with some of the other players and fans.

J Diddy
11-23-2004, 01:05 PM
It is not that big of a deal, but to state he just got someone wet isn't totally honest either.

If I took a piss on someone and said "I just got them wet", I don't they would agree with your sentinment above.

That said, I agree with your main reaction - The fan was a dick, but not a felonious dick.

felonious dick

ROFL

mcan
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Actually, it is several crimes, but none worth convicting.

It can "technically" be considered littering and assault. I suppose with all the security stuff at arenas, we could probably get him on some kind of "insighting terror" crime too.

However, those are all completely frivolous, and shouldn't even be considered. He should most definately be banned from the arena and that's it. Yeah, this guy is an asshole, but being an asshole really doesn't warrent fines or jail time... He threw a beer, he didn't try to hurt anybody. (Now if he violated his probation by having the alcohol, then he should most definately be treated according to THAT).

Then comes the Artest thing... This guy went up into the stands clearly to kick some ass. He wasn't defending himself, he was retaliating. There is a clear difference. What's to say that he wouldn't have done the same thing if someone had just been making fun of him? The fact is he committed a felony against a customer. He should be fired FOREVER! Not just for the season. Damn, if I assaulted a customer at the music store, I would be fired and probably sent to jail for day...

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 01:38 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1123041green1.jpg

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5142028292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Bid on the cup that started it all.

Bob Dole
11-23-2004, 01:42 PM
If you watch closely, he is not actually punching Artest, but is grabbing at him in an attempt to restrain him.

hahahaha hahaha HAHAHAHAHA haha.

Baby Lee
11-23-2004, 01:48 PM

Felonious Dick, the bebop king. :thumb:

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Yeah, it also turns out that the huge black guy with credentials who tried to end Fred Jones (who was trying to help break things up) was Ben Wallace's brother.

jcroft
11-23-2004, 01:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5142028292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Bid on the cup that started it all.

Hillarious, but I'd say there's about .000098% chance that's the actual cup.

Funny as hell, though.