PDA

View Full Version : Which football positions most earn their money?

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 11:11 AM
I can't find a current list of average salaries, so my poll will include the transition player offers required in 2002. Relative to each other, the position salaries are probably not too different today.

Oh, and please: no wagering on when the poll will come up.

BCD
11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh, and please: no wagering on when the poll will come up.Hey, man! I'm not betting on your 'poll to come up'...

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:27 AM
I said RB, but I'd like to be more specific and say Fullback.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Kickers are definately the highest paid player, on AVERAGE. Each team only has one kicker, and on average they get paid around a million.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Kickers are definately the highest paid player, on AVERAGE. Each team only has one kicker, and on average they get paid around a million.
Most teams have a punter and a placekicker. And some have a kickoff man as well. I know of no team with only one kicker.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Most teams have a punter and a placekicker. And some have a kickoff man as well. I know of no team with only one kicker.
Well, I meant placekickers...but, yeah.

Predarat
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
The salaries are insane but those RBs come the closest. Some of them are ran and ran and ran until their knees give out then they are tossed aside of another one and the cycle contiues.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 01:43 PM

They certainly have the highest wage per minute played, but still, I'd hate to be pacing those sidelines while the offense is driving down in the last two minutes to position me to kick the winning field goal, or be sent in to kick the tying extra point with five seconds left. The mental pressure on kickers is enormous.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Running backs earn all the money they get. They get beat up on almost every play by the biggest men on the field (DT, DE, LB).

The Rick
11-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Running Back

They have a shelf life that's much less than any other position.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:21 PM
long snapper.

Over-Head
11-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I said WR.
Why?
Simp[le, YES RB's and TE's do get hit every play, it's not always the same Locomotive full on "oh shit here it comes again" smack a WD faces from a blind side mere seconds after he makes the grab.