PDA

View Full Version : Who will we beat?

Tuckdaddy
11-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Without Priest it's hard to say we will beat any of our remaining opposition. Chargers have stunned the football world in the exact opposite way we have. Denver will not be easy even at home. Tenn is a road game that we will not win. The Raiders at home is winable but who the hell knows the way we have played. Raiders on the road could easily be a loss. Chargers on the road will be a loss.

I will say the Raiders at home will be the only victory we will get the rest of the year.

Players will talk alot about pride and all that crap but mentally half of them will quit and we lose and lose and lose.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
We'll beat the Broncos for some strange reason. Other than that, nada. IMO.

ROYC75
11-23-2004, 11:55 AM
I still feel 4 games .... finish 7 - 9

BTA, that's just me, you might want to ask some of the other so called experts on this BB. :rolleyes:

ptlyon
11-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Ourselves

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Ourselves

You stole my answer! :deevee:

Actually, I think we can beat the Titans. By the time we play them, McNair will look 87 years old and the defense will be able to handle him.

SpanosDisaster
11-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Hello Chiefs Fans,

I honestly feel really bad for how unfortunate your season has become. Being a Charger fan, I would say that I dislike your team the least. I actually thought your team would be the AFC West champs before the season started. Thankfully, our team is in the running and hopefully we'll overtake the Donkeys by season's end.

I just wanted to chip in my 2 cents here by saying that you should beat the Faiders both times, the Titans and hopefully, do us a favor, and beat the Donks on your home turf. While your defense has failed you quite a few times this year, rest assured that the Faiders are horrible on both sides of the ball. I'll actually enjoy watching your team pummel an undisciplined, overpaid team like the Faiders. Even with McNair back, the Titans have been decimated by injuries and their premier running back is currently suffering from a somewhat serious case of turf toe. As for the Donks, I have a feeling that they will falter on your home turf.

As for this weekend, I must root for my team. But AFC rivalries are always tough and we haven't beaten you on your home turf since 1996. Count us Chargers fans as cautiously optimistic and not overconfident that we can win against your team on your home turf. We are well aware of the offensive weapons you have and we are expecting a close battle.

Ugly Duck
11-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Being a Charger fan, I would say that I dislike your team the least. Hey - a Chargers fan! I've heard about you guyz, but have never actually seen one! Tell me about Igor... I was really high on the kid during the draft - ton of potential there. Hows he working out for youz guyz?

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 01:13 PM
we'll split with Oakland and San Diego...lose to Denver, lose whatever is left

so, what..5-11?....

SpanosDisaster
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey - a Chargers fan! I've heard about you guyz, but have never actually seen one! Tell me about Igor... I was really high on the kid during the draft - ton of potential there. Hows he working out for youz guyz?

Ouch on the initial comment....Igor has been steadily improving each week. The 3-4 alignment has been an adjustment for the whole team. Igor has been a stalwart on our line and is extremely strong. He's helped our Run D become tops in the league but he still needs to work on his pass rush technique. The guy has a ton of talent and has cemented his position on the line for years to come.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Without Priest it's hard to say we will beat any of our remaining opposition. Chargers have stunned the football world in the exact opposite way we have. Denver will not be easy even at home. Tenn is a road game that we will not win. The Raiders at home is winable but who the hell knows the way we have played. Raiders on the road could easily be a loss. Chargers on the road will be a loss.

I will say the Raiders at home will be the only victory we will get the rest of the year.

Players will talk alot about pride and all that crap but mentally half of them will quit and we lose and lose and lose.
I'm a Charger fan and when I look at the rest of our schedule, playing the Chiefs is the game that scares me the most. Especially at Arrowhead. The Chiefs may be a little weak on defense, but that offense can put up a lot of points in a hurry. We (the Chargers) play the Chiefs twice, Denver, and Indy. Indy or Denver don't scare me at all, but I worry about playing the Chiefs.

KingPriest2
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
I say Oakland and that might be it.

StcChief
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Raiders twice, Titans (maybe).

This week being short, no Priest. Loss.

6-10 at best.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 04:11 PM
It all depends on Holmes ... stating the obvious.

I think KC can still sweep OAK. The Titans game can be won with Blaylock, but it will be a tough road game.

SD will be tough and I just really can't see KC losing 4 games at Arrowhead, or two in a row (again). The KC passing game can beat SD, and they'll have to attack early b/c LT will go nuts.

DEN will have a tough time, just b/c they almost always do at KC, but if Holmes is out for that game.... I really think DEN wins.

So, you have 6 games... 5 are divisional... I can see 3 wins at most.

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
We will beat a couple of playoff teams and get beat by the lesser powers...go figure...and the losses will end in RZ turnovers or on a sack with KC driving like champs...

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 04:33 PM
We will beat a couple of playoff teams and get beat by the lesser powers...go figure...and the losses will end in RZ turnovers or on a sack with KC driving like champs...

Don't go too far out on that limb... :)

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Don't go too far out on that limb... :)
I'm sawing as fast as I can!!!! :p

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 04:49 PM
We will beat the Donks on a last minute KO return for a TD which the Donks will argue was only because of a blatant clip. Oh, wait a minute.

grandllama
11-23-2004, 05:31 PM
someone stated the obvious last night... this team has been disappointing us and pissing us off all season... so now they'll win the rest of the games, go 9-7, fail to make the playoffs, and **** up our draft picks (not that Carl would get them right anyway)

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 05:36 PM
someone stated the obvious last night... this team has been disappointing us and pissing us off all season... so now they'll win the rest of the games, go 9-7, fail to make the playoffs, and **** up our draft picks (not that Carl would get them right anyway)

What good would it do us to get a top 5 pick anyway? He would just hold out until after Training Camp and preseason is already over then sign a contract that he wanted to begin with and not play until week 10.

whoman69
11-23-2004, 06:13 PM
I stand by 7-9 statement that I made some time ago. We better beat the damn Raiders twice.