PDA

View Full Version : Vermiel Press conference coming up

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 12:56 PM
in a bit.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Pre-press conference prediction from Iowanian.

"we played a very talented, talented football team last night. It was disappointing to lose but we still have a .285% chance at winning the division. Our team has alot of character...alot of character guys. I gave them wednesday off because some of them needed to get their flowers covered before the frost. We had Larry johnson ready, but just didn't want to display his talents for Sandy Eggo Scouts. Eddie Kennison and Johnny Morton dropped those passes because those bastard Groundskeepers didn't spray for bugs, and the lights drew them in, and they were fighting ants in their eyes all night, and playing against those all pro CBs...............well....they could be. What can I say about Kawika Mitchell? He's a tough, tough kid, and was 5 yards from making ALOT of tackles last night. I had those blasted kickers castrated last night after the game, dag nabbit."

Coogs
11-23-2004, 01:05 PM

"we played a very talented, talented football team last night. It was disappointing to lose but we still have a .285% chance at winning the division. Our team has alot of character...alot of character guys. I gave them wednesday off because some of them needed to get their flowers covered before the frost. We had Larry johnson ready, but just didn't want to display his talents for Sandy Eggo Scouts. Eddie Kennison and Johnny Morton dropped those passes because those bastard Groundskeepers didn't spray for bugs, and the lights drew them in, and they were fighting ants in their eyes all night, and playing against those all pro CBs...............well....they could be. What can I say about Kawika Mitchell? He's a tough, tough kid, and was 5 yards from making ALOT of tackles last night. I had those blasted kickers castrated last night after the game, dag nabbit."

ROFL :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chief Henry
11-23-2004, 01:05 PM

rep coming your way

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
oh man... that was hilarious.

Mr. Kotter
11-23-2004, 01:07 PM
wow, THIS ought to be good.... :shake:

:banghead:

Phobia
11-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Will I torture myself or go make a sandwich?

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Here it is:

Jerome Woods' MRI has not been clarified....
Welbourne's knee and hip flexor sore
Holliday, deep bruise knee.......nursing other tissue issues
Jr Siavii was kicked from behind on the same ankle
Weigeman has a bruised hip.........should be alright in a few days

Biggest concern after losing big game is to get going emotionally before physically.

Trusting the integrity of the team to come back

Wednesday will be a "tempered" practice...walk through tempo

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:12 PM
hard to overcome your own mistakes vs World caliber team.........very talented good football team, its why their 8-1

Trent Green played well, but made a couple of low throws.
Tony Gonzalez continues to play outstanding football.......now he spoils you when he doesn't catch uncatchable balls...........his blocking is very very good...very very pleased

Morton and Kennision played well........Looked like they dropped the ball, but one was tipped, and Johnny's drop doesn't count because the play would have come back anyway.

Long punt called back.................Chris Horn's penalty was crap because blocker went 5 yards OoB blocking

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Hurt to make the 4-1 and not score
Credit NE Defense.

After you lose any type of football games, always have the Shouldawouldacoulda things. Things that could have helped the running game.

Jarrod Allen continues to grow........going to be a fine lineman

William Bartee played his best game as a pro...."really competed". Seeing confidence and taking advantage of his athletic skill

Greg Wesley played his best game of the year.....and Shaunard Harts played very well

Defensive line did some "good things"....

NE forces them to play perfect.

nascher
Anything On Priest ?

Sure-Oz
they will play awesome now that the season is over, esp on the D!

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:15 PM
After Fumble.......Al Saunders did a great job to drive the length.

Right now...deep in preparation of Sandy Eggo.
Not as far behind as we might be in preparation, as last week(long) not as far behind as might be........

He likes and respects marty.........doesn't want them to play well against us........Alot of their draft picks are playing very well.

I'd like to add..........duh.

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 01:16 PM
I hope he comments on priest, blaylock and LJ....if LJ isn't going to play they might as well just cut him

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Woo! Kris Wilson may be ready to play!

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Eggo has the #1 Rush D
Tomlinson is healthy.

QA

Priest won't be ready........he feels better, but they think he's 2 games away.

Chance Chris Wilson will be ready.........has worked and "flashed" with shells, but no live pads.....trainers think a week or two more

Beisel is doubtfull to questionable

Priest Wants to play "BADLY!"...struggling with not playing.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Tony Gonzalez........."they just don't call holding, chucks and tackles vs TG" Everyone knows what happens, but I won't say anything.

kccrazzi
11-23-2004, 01:19 PM

I read on the planet daily, but hardly ever post. But this is one of the best i've read in a long time and some what true.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Twice, pregame, Vermiel has gone to Refs about calling refs...........both times, refs called 88 for Pushing off.

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:20 PM
DV is about to blow up over the Tony Gonzalez PI... that reporter led him right into that well... ROFL

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
NE does a better job than anyone in football within the 5 yard zone(even with shoe shiners at CB).

Vermiel frustrated and "ready to Blow"(didn't say who though)

The Bad Guy
11-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Instead of Vermeil focusing on the real problems of this team he blames a boarderline PI call..

I can't wait until we have a coach who holds his players accountable for their mistakes.

He always says if you want credit go to the bank, well Vermeil must consider himself one because he gives it to everyone.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Thinks Basketball is helping TG as a TE, catching balls in space, and timing on when to go up for high balls. Catching all the difficult balls.

(no shat I might add)

talking about Rivers and Brees......and how much they've improved with....(seriously no) Brian Schottenheimer coaching them.............

Tomlinson is getting healthy(too late to help my ffb team).......

Sandy Eggo still has alot of difficult and division games left.

(this makes me furious)
They're kicking game is very very good........Punting hitting the ball well, and the young Kicker is doing very well.

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't think blamed anything, he didn't even bring the PI up until a reporter asked him (paraphrase) "I've never seen a player get as much contact and no call as Tony Gonzalez" or something of that nature....

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Priest has made significant progress the past couple of days.......the quad is tightening up, and forming.......

Battle missed a jam at the line...........and one he made a very good tip(didn't hear the question)...biggest mistake was missing a jam at the LoS.

"very very talented guy"........like Warfield and Bartee you have to be very very patient.........

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Here comes the "you have to count on the integrity of these guys........these guys are so disciplined into a way and routine to do things..........It'll take them today to get right and back to work.........We're disappointed, Lamar is disappointed, and Carl is disappointed.....They get paid the same, the fans pay the same.......we're going to play very very hard"

(did I call that or WHAT)

ptlyon
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Vermiel frustrated and "ready to Blow"(didn't say who though)

Wish I could rep you again for this ROFL

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:29 PM
We have a tough schedule left to play.......Eggo twice, Denver.........oakland and Tenn Struggling........

When Playing NE...you do things better than you did against other teams, but it doesnt' show(don't feed me that shit, Dick)

The Bad Guy
11-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Priest has made significant progress the past couple of days.......the quad is tightening up, and forming.......

Battle missed a jam at the line...........and one he made a very good tip(didn't hear the question)...biggest mistake was missing a jam at the LoS.

"very very talented guy"........like Warfield and Bartee you have to be very very patient.........

Patient for what? Are they going to be patient forever for both of them to turn into real corners.

The Chiefs need Antrell Rolle next year in the worst way.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:30 PM
now some garble about his concern the past 2 weeks of Training camp, because schedules were messed up, weather and stuff..................some were warranted, some not..."I DID NOT like the last 2 weeks of training camp"....5 games.............yada yada yada

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 01:32 PM

yeah, this was ridiculous... as I was listening to this... DUDE, how many fuggin years do we have to be patient with these cocksuckers?

unreal.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Wish they had 2-3 first round picks, but those kids wouldn't be ready..........talked to some big names(SApp) and they didn't fit.

they DID resign William Bartee and now he's playing like a starter....Dalton playing more consistant than any of the tackles..........Vonnie Holliday signed a year ago, but going through some naggin injuries...........Hicks playing well..............2 safeties playing well(don't give me that bullshit Dick)

Didn't want to bust themselves vs what was available in the market................

Fans always assume there are 15 DL available, they all want to come to KC, that they're better than who you have.............(and in my translation: fug you for asking again)

Ari Chi3fs
now some garble about his concern the past 2 weeks of Training camp, because schedules were messed up, weather and stuff..................some were warranted, some not..."I DID NOT like the last 2 weeks of training camp"....5 games.............yada yada yada

wasnt he VOCAL about have LESS games to start the season? He just said that he would prefer having 5 preseason games a year. Flipflopper

Iowanian
The End.

on 810 they just said
"the Chiefs best cover technique is call the TRAIL Technique"

the Talking Can
11-23-2004, 01:38 PM
in other words, we will bring back the same people and do the same things next year and hope the refs are better

yea!

el borracho
11-23-2004, 01:42 PM
How can anyone defend Hicks and Woods this season? They have been horrible. Woods alone cost us 3 giant plays against the Saints. And Holliday? He has had one good game since he got here. All 3 of these guys should be gone.

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
You know, screw all these f-wads on the radio that says everyone's 'complaining'. Give me a break, everybody on this board for 4 years has screamed and yelled about how Gonzalez gets mugged all the time. Then everybody gets pissed off at Vermeil never speaking "the truth".... he speaks the truth and talks about Gonzalez not getting any calls (and combines two things everybody here wants to see) and nobody likes it! That's amazing to me...

The Bad Guy
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
How does Vermeil know that first round picks wouldn't be ready?

It's just bullshit.

How bout you draft 1 player that can make an impact instead of saying "I wish I had 2-3". Everyone wishes they had that many, moron.

And Hicks is playing terrible. It makes me really wonder what games he is watching.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
"and Johnny's drop doesn't count because the play would have come back anyway."

I think this is a bullshit comment. In light of our troubles with drops in the past, he should be catching the f*cking ball regardless of what the referees were doing. This more of the "Vermeil, No Accountability" mindset. Dropping balls that hit you in the hands should not be acceptable, period. Who else gets to not do their job whenever a flag drops? Maybe the linemen shouldn't be expected to block for Green on play with flags also.

"2 safeties playing well"

Playing what well? They must be taking Piano lessons...

The Bad Guy
11-23-2004, 01:48 PM
You know, screw all these f-wads on the radio that says everyone's 'complaining'. Give me a break, everybody on this board for 4 years has screamed and yelled about how Gonzalez gets mugged all the time. Then everybody gets pissed off at Vermeil never speaking "the truth".... he speaks the truth and talks about Gonzalez not getting any calls (and combines two things everybody here wants to see) and nobody likes it! That's amazing to me...

Nobody likes it because this team is 3-7.

The problems are much deeper than Tony Gonzalez getting mugged.

If Vermeil ever murdered someone, he would probably put fabreeze over the body to mask the smell. It's the same thing he has done with this defense the last 4 years.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Dick is starting to sound alot like Gunther...I'm beginning to think that being a head coach in KC, under Carl Peterson, makes people insane...

Frankie
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM

To be fair, I remember him saying that he was concerned about this team. That WAS sometime towards the end of the TC. I remember I thought he was trying to blow some smoke.

ChiefsFanatik88
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Trent Green played well, but made a couple of low throws.

Tony Gonzalez continues to play outstanding football.......now he spoils you when he doesn't catch uncatchable balls...........his blocking is very very good...very very pleased

Morton and Kennision played well........Looked like they dropped the ball, but one was tipped, and Johnny's drop doesn't count because the play would have come back anyway.

Long punt called back.................Chris Horn's penalty was crap because blocker went 5 yards OoB blocking

Green shorted 5 or 6 throws last night. He was not on top of his game.

Kennison and the other WRs played okay but need to keep playing until the whistle blows. On the final plays, They had no imagination or desire to break free from their defenders to help out Trent.

Blaylock looked pathetic, offensive line did not maintain their blocks.

Defensive line did not play that well rushing the passer, but did play okay stopping the run.

Linebackers did not know how to tackle. They must be afraid of tackling people bigger then themselves. Kawika Mitchell has no business on the field, nor does Fujita.

Defensive backs can't cover anyone. Warfield is not playing up the same as he was earlier season. Bartee is the same as usual. Battle is as he is, a third string CB who is average at best.

Punter has not been a positive since Louis Aguilar

Kicker is not consistent as usual.

To sum it all up, Coaching and managing is responsible for all of this.

THANKS LAMAR, CARL, DICK, AND GUNTHER, You guys blew another year in which we had the potential to make the playoffs and maybe more.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 01:52 PM
they DID resign William Bartee and now he's playing like a starter....Dalton playing more consistant than any of the tackles..........Vonnie Holliday signed a year ago, but going through some naggin injuries...........Hicks playing well..............2 safeties playing well(don't give me that bullshit Dick)

Well, good for Hicks. He always seemed like a nice guy. What team does he play for now?

tk13
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Nobody likes it because this team is 3-7.

The problems are much deeper than Tony Gonzalez getting mugged.

If Vermeil ever murdered someone, he would probably put fabreeze over the body to mask the smell. It's the same thing he has done with this defense the last 4 years.
But in no point during that press conference did I once get the impression that the reason we lost the game last night was Tony Gonzalez getting mugged. He went halfway through the press conference without even mentioning it and some reporter asked him something like "Nobody gets more contact and fewer calls than Tony Gonzalez do they?" and Vermeil gave him an honest answer. That's that... life goes on. I think people are making way too big of a deal out of this crap. Just like last year when ESPN and everybody else called the team a bunch of babies when some players said something like "We just didn't play well" when the Bengals beat us, when in reality the full context of the some of the interviews people like Tony Gonzalez clearly said "Give them credit, they beat us."..... I know people are just looking at reasons to bitch, but geez let's bitch about the what actually sucks ass, not this bs complaining about press conference answers. The fans are the ones putting "fabreeze over the body", trying to make something out of nothing.... it was about 45 seconds of a 10-15 minute press conference. It's like saying the movie Independence Day is about playing chess.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:55 PM
I IMd 810 a little mini rant...........we'll see.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 01:56 PM
How does Vermeil know that first round picks wouldn't be ready?

It's just bullshit.?

Yea, they wouldn't be ready. That's obvious by the fact that 90% of the first rounders this year are getting significant playing time.

How bout you draft 1 player that can make an impact instead of saying "I wish I had 2-3". Everyone wishes they had that many, moron.

Welcome to Vermeil-land. He also wishes he could dress a bigger roster, etc. When will this guy give up his fantasies and accept that he has to live by the same rules as the rest of the NFL. And if you wanted 2-3, why did you trade away the one you had?

Monty
11-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Here it is:

Holliday, deep bruise knee.......nursing other tissue issues

Sounds like Holliday's yeast infection is back........

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Donnier.........

I think, concerning Green, that he Knew, that if the Chiefs didn't win last night, it was the end of hope...............I believe he forced the ball, which caused some poor throws................too much effort in desperation to win.

I don't fault that.

I'll cheer the day I see Mitchell Miss a tackle because he tried to hit a guy too hard..........

shaneo69
11-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I think you can actually learn more from Vermiel from what he doesn't say.

He praises Hicks, the safeties, Bartee, etc., but I didn't see any comments about the LB's. So I guess he's blaming them, which is understandable, since they suck. I just wish he'd come out and rip them instead of indirectly blaming them by praising everyone else. Kawika Mitchell actually made some decent plays last night when they tried to run outside. But if a team runs offtackle against us, Kawika gets lost in the pile, and the RB is in the secondary. And he was awful in coverage last night.

Benny Sapp played a hell of a game. Time to give him a start, IMO. Of course, I didn't really see him covering anyone. He was making tackles on running plays, disrupting Brady's timing on blitzes, and making plays on special teams. Good job, Benny!

KevB
11-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Holliday is dinged? That really caught me off guard :rolleyes: . That's been his M.O. since he's been in the league. Yet, we signed him to a big deal. More fabulous talent evaluation.

Hicks and safeties playing well? Wow. Just, wow.

Battle is a good athlete, give him time? Because all of our other safeties turned corner have developed well over the years? It happened once, and we've been chasing that elusive whale ever since.

Yes, Gonzo gets mugged. He was still one on one against an aging Rodney Harrison on the last play and didn't get an inch of seperation, without getting mugged.

Morton dropped a crossing route to go along with the potential TD. And if Eddie would ever learn to consistently catch the ball with his hands, he may have been able to react to a tipped ball, instead of allowing it to get to his body and bounce off his shoulder.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 03:09 PM
what he really said

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/1...ess_conference/

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
in other words, we will bring back the same people and do the same things next year and hope the refs are better

yea!

That would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth. :banghead:

Toad
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, good for Hicks. He always seemed like a nice guy. What team does he play for now?

Funny stuff...