PDA

View Full Version : Gunther get back on the sidelines. Vermeil take off Rams SB ring.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Gunther tears into their ass in practice... I saw him on tv go OFF on his players when he was there. "You make me wanna PUKE, get your FUGGIN face away from me.... Pathetic!" These guys need to hear this shit. Plus sitting right beside Al Saunders probably fuggs up both Coordinators flow...

Vermeil needs to take off that ring... he needs to want to get a Chiefs one. Put the Rams one away until after you are done coaching.

journeyscarab
11-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I said this before - get Gun on the field. True the defense is shoddy, but they need someone, anyone to get into their face.

Brock
11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I would imagine Gunther watches the game from wherever he wants to.

PHOG
11-23-2004, 02:42 PM
And while you're at it, fire that dogturd Guinta. :cuss: :mad: :banghead:

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Gunther has NEVER, in 30-some years of coaching, worked from the sideline.

He's always been in the booth.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Gunther has NEVER, in 30-some years of coaching, worked from the sideline.

He's always been in the booth.Wrong.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Wrong.

When has Gunther ever coached a defense from the sidelines?

He hasn't. The only time he was ever on the sidelines was as a HEAD COACH.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
When has Gunther ever coached a defense from the sidelines?

He hasn't. The only time he was ever on the sidelines was as a HEAD COACH.

Oh, now you've changed your statement to include "coached a defense" and "only as a head coach"

:thumb:

suds79
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Sucks to say this but Gunter firing up those guys on the sideline wouldn't change a single thing.

Imagine my 175 lb @ss playing LB for them. Would Gunther firing me up do anything?

No. It's the same thing. We simply don't have any talent on that side of the ball. The only way to change that is to wait until the off-season and cut every single last one of them.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh, now you've changed your statement to include "coached a defense" and "only as a head coach"

Well, that's the context as implied in the original post.

Since he is the defensive coordinator, not the head coach, it would stand to reason that the time he spent at head coach is not relevant to the discussion and can thus be eliminated...

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
And while you're at it, fire that dogturd Guinta. :cuss: :mad: :banghead:

Thank heavens, somebody esle sees it... :banghead:

KC Jones
11-23-2004, 03:40 PM

I suspect he may have been on the sidelines when he was the LBs coach for the Titans.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Thank heavens, somebody esle sees it... :banghead:

While I don't like Guinta, I think he's unfairly shouldering some of the blame that belongs squarely on our CRAPPY DEFENSIVE BACKS.

It's been clear for several years that Jerome Woods was inadequate in coverage. Take away his desire to hit people and he becomes quite pedestrian.

And then there's William Bartee... :cuss:

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I suspect he may have been on the sidelines when he was the LBs coach for the Titans.

It's always possible. Some of our position coaches patrol the sidelines. Of course, some are in the booth as well.

tk13
11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Greg Robinson yelled and screamed and looked like a banshee with diarrhea on the sidelines for 3 years with this franchise, and it didn't do a lick of good. I don't think going all Bobby Knight on this team would make a difference... not at 3-7 with the season essentially over.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Greg Robinson yelled and screamed and looked like a banshee with diarrhea on the sidelines for 3 years with this franchise, and it didn't do a lick of good. I don't think going all Bobby Knight on this team would make a difference... not at 3-7 with the season essentially over.

All Im saying is try something different... at least next year. Cuz come on. this aint working well.

tk13
11-23-2004, 03:52 PM
All Im saying is try something different... at least next year. Cuz come on. this aint working well.
Eh, it never works well. We're the Chiefs, it's not supposed to work well. We've seen coaches in the booth, on the sideline, great defenses, great offenses, big name free agents, high draft picks, red pants, white pants... gleams, sleeves, and profiles, it never works....

journeyscarab
11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Maybe if Gun coached via satellite from an undisclosed location? Or they could put him on the JumboTron in a split screen with the replays so he could yell at the "D" in front of anyone.

Rausch
11-23-2004, 04:23 PM

Everyone knows the best way to fix something that isn't working is to keep ****ing with it...

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 05:24 PM
While I don't like Guinta, I think he's unfairly shouldering some of the blame that belongs squarely on our CRAPPY DEFENSIVE BACKS.

It's been clear for several years that Jerome Woods was inadequate in coverage. Take away his desire to hit people and he becomes quite pedestrian.

And then there's William Bartee... :cuss:

Guinta was an intergral part of Ramifization. And we have succeeded. We are the 2000 Rams. :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Guinta was an intergral part of Ramifization. And we have succeeded. We are the 2000 Rams. :banghead:

No we are not, the 2000 Rams made the playoffs.

KCJohnny
11-23-2004, 05:34 PM
No we are not, the 2000 Rams made the playoffs.
I stand corrected. We are the 2001 Rams, whatever season it was when they set all the Offense records and had the worst D in the league. Then again, I might just be senile. Thanks for the correction, Chiefs country...

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Greg Robinson looked like a banshee with diarrhea on the sidelines
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL