PDA

View Full Version : Charger Fan Here

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm always interested to see what other fans on the schedule have to say about the upcoming game...this time vs my team the Chargers. Looks like a lot of you guys are down and out (trust me I know the feeling), but I NEVER look past the Chiefs, especially in your house, which is easily the hardest stadium to play in. Unlike, my feelings for the Raiders, I actually think/thought the Chiefs are/were a great team, and chose you guys to go to the SB for the last couple of years. I'm looking forward to a great game, and obviously hope to win. Our record up there the last 7 years says otherwise though. Anyway, I'll be lurking around.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Welcome.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 02:03 PM
welcome. You've caught the place on a bad day, and we haven't had a chance to clean up after the game.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
chose you guys to go to the SB for the last couple of years.

Don't you feel silly now? Welcome to the Planet. We don't have too many Chargers fans.

suds79
11-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Welcome.

If I were you, I'd be sure to play Drew Brees, LT, Antonio Gates and whoever else can touch the ball against this defense.

Prepair to be amazed. It'll be like you're at the circus.

I guarentee you that you'll never see freaskly bad play in your life quite like this.

For you sakes, I wish you luck.

For my own sakes, I wish you luck.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Like I said, I've been a Charger fan ever since I can remember...1979? So, after the Fouts days, it's been a constant let down not including 1994. Us Charger fans are cautiously optimistic. Trust me, we are fully aware of our second half slides. Keep your heads up I'm sure your turn around time will be much quicker than ours has been.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
BTW, are you an incredibly huge fan of Warren Moon and the one he put in 1-15? That must have been quite a relief, getting that monkey off your back.... Our starting QB had a bruised pinky and torn vagina that game.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 02:11 PM
You didn't bring the other Charger fan with you?

BigRedChief
Welcome and stay for a while....and when you leave after the game how about taking King Carl with ya. He's a great GM/CEO/President. He's worked with Marty. Trade ya straight up for a snickers candy bar. Deal?

Molitoth
Is Marty getting a good Rep out there?

suds79
11-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Like I said, I've been a Charger fan ever since I can remember...1979? So, after the Fouts days, it's been a constant let down not including 1994. Us Charger fans are cautiously optimistic. Trust me, we are fully aware of our second half slides. Keep your heads up I'm sure your turn around time will be much quicker than ours has been.

You see Hitman what makes our situation intresting is that unlike a lot of fans where one could just say "Well there's always next year.", for us we don't get that luxary.

We have to basically wait for our owner to die before his son can take his spot as the owner as we wait with the hopes that he has the b@lls to fire our sorry drafting GM.

So it's not a bad year for us.... It's a bad, what 5 years coming ahead?

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 02:12 PM

thats just not right Skip.

This year..........there are ALOT of Bolt fans.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 02:13 PM
BTW, are you an incredibly huge fan of Warren Moon and the one he put in 1-15? That must have been quite a relief, getting that monkey off your back.... Our starting QB had a bruised pinky and torn vagina that game.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you're referring to our 1-15 season, it actually did a lot of good for me. See, with the Chargers you always have "hope" at the beginning of the season...actually through the first half. When the second half comes through I go NUTS with all the losses and let downs. Let's just say that season, with let downs from the get-go, cured me. ROFL

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 02:15 PM
thats just not right Skip.

This year..........there are ALOT of Bolt fans.
Heck, I bet on January 2 Qualcomm will actually be almost all blue... instead of having all the red it did last season.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Molitoth - Eh, it's been split. But, I can tell you that a lot of minds have changed because of this year. Personally, I've always like him. Given, he never won a SB with you guys, but he still gave you guys a chance. I think most people were calling for Cam's head for his play calling, including me, but a lot of people are eating crow regarding that, but gladly.

Skip Towne - sarcasm or not, I can actually see where you are coming from. There are A LOT of bandwagoners out here. Unfortunately, I've weathered the storm, not that it's over, so believe it or not you'll find some true long time fans. I can roll with the punches.

Iowanian - As far as the stadium selling out? Don't count on it. Our fans suck. They need to be convinced we are a good team before they start coming out. Too much to do in SD, and watching a losing team isn't one of them. We had to have sponsors buy up remaining tickets to the Raider game for it not to be blacked out. WTF is that about? But I do expect more people than usual.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 02:26 PM
It's been a running joke on the Planet for several years about the Chargers having two fans. We very rarely see one on here.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you're referring to our 1-15 season,

I am. You were winless through week 12 in 2000. Grbac hurt his pinkie and sat out the game. Moon started in his place and you guys got your only win 17-16. Moon was terrible that day.

shaneo69
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Boy, we sure get a lot of opposing teams' fans here when we're 3-7 as opposed to last year when we were 9-0.

Thanks for the pity, Rodney Harrison fan. After you beat us on Sunday, please be sure to come back and tell us what a good team we have and how you'll be rooting for us the rest of the year. We love being humored.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Man! You guys are really down on yourselves huh?! Maybe I'm used to it. It's always "pray that we go 8-8" or "you know we're really gonna be good next year!" LOL! I was actually telling people to look out for the Chargers next year, before this season even started. Maybe I should do that more often.

Skip, shoot bro, it's hard to find Charger fans out here! Don't know if you remember Chiefs @ SD last year...a TON of red in the stands. I actually almost got into it with a Chiefs fan who was heckling me for still wearing a Harrison jersey. WTF?! This is in my own stadium. And yes, I am going to tell you guys good luck, just not against us. Hey, a season like this doesn't come too often. I'm still not counting this game as a "W". It's tough against you guys at your house.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you're referring to our 1-15 season, it actually did a lot of good for me. See, with the Chargers you always have "hope" at the beginning of the season...actually through the first half.

You do? Really? That's amazing.

As an aside, I'm rooting for the Chargers to win the division on the off chance that the Chiefs aren't able to close the deal. Around here, though, our nickname for the Chargers is "Anyone other than the Bron cos or Rai ders."

shaneo69
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I actually almost got into it with a Chiefs fan who was heckling me for still wearing a Harrison jersey. WTF?! This is in my own stadium.

And now we have the real motivation for you being here today.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm always interested to see what other fans on the schedule have to say about the upcoming game...this time vs my team the Chargers. Looks like a lot of you guys are down and out (trust me I know the feeling), but I NEVER look past the Chiefs, especially in your house, which is easily the hardest stadium to play in. Unlike, my feelings for the Raiders, I actually think/thought the Chiefs are/were a great team, and chose you guys to go to the SB for the last couple of years. I'm looking forward to a great game, and obviously hope to win. Our record up there the last 7 years says otherwise though. Anyway, I'll be lurking around.
You guys are likely to get the best of us this year. Your team is playing very well and I for one would love to see you all win the division and go all the way....since we aren't going to. I hope we can beat you but it's certainly going to be a challenge for us...I'll be rooting for you guys to beat Denver and do great in the post season.

Good luck...except in the two games against us...

In the words of Boomer and TJ, San Diego SUPER CHAAAARRRRGGGERS.

:thumb:

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Don't know if you remember Chiefs @ SD last year...a TON of red in the stands.

I do. I was there. :D

Thumper
11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I'm right here!

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey Hitman, this thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76451) has some pics from the Planet posters at last year's KC @ SD game.

We'll be back Jan 2!

SpanosDisaster
11-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Is Marty getting a good Rep out there?

Another Chargers fan here. There's the 2 Charger fans you guys have always been talking about. Anyway, at the beginning of the season, we were all making our list of who our new head coach would be in 2005. Recently, sentiments have obviously changed. Especially since he's chucked some of his old Martyball-isms this season. He actually has continued to try to score until the game is out of reach. There was nothing was more frustrating than watching him sit on a 7-10 point lead through the third and fourth quarters and see us squander it away. I think everything changed after the Falcons loss. Since then, he's done fake punts, gone for TD's on 4th & 1, and has intentionally run up the score well into the 4th quarter. It's great and I think it's a large reason for our success. I'm still not the biggest Schotty fan but if he's willing to change his views, so am I.

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
We'll be back Jan 2!

Speaking of which... does anyone have a link saved to the thread talking about this year's SD game? since the search function is disabled...

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey Hitman, this thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76451) has some pics from the Planet posters at last year's KC @ SD game.

We'll be back Jan 2!

"Arrowhead West" Ouch! That one hurts. But, guess I can't deny the truth. The weather out here brings people in from all over the place, that I'm not sure we'll ever have a stadium look like yours. Sheez, you should see when the Raiders come into town. We have to beef up security by 60%! We even ended up giving free tickets to police officers and fireman.

Anyway, so how do you guys see this game playing out? I'd love to say we're going to take you guys, but again, we haven't won out there in 7 years. It's gonna be close. Both our teams have poor secondaries and both have strong running games. I guess in the end it's going to be who's secondary screws up the least. I'm saying 19-17, with the win occuring because of a turnover.

We usually do well when we come out and score on the first drive. That's been the key this year. I know your offense has a lot of weapons, though your backs are injured, but how have you been coming out of the gates?

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 03:24 PM
LOL!! I typed Rai ders and a piece of sh!te appeared instead. Too funny. I like your guys style.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Anyway, so how do you guys see this game playing out?
27-20 Chargers. LT runs wild. McCardell scores twice feeding the fires again about us not getting him. People start talking MVP when talking about Drew Brees.

Dick cries. Chiefs fans turn up the volume to a deafening level on the revolt underway.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
LOL!! I typed Rai ders and a piece of sh!te appeared instead. Too funny. I like your guys style.
NICE!!! Who do we get this programed on the Charger board? That is so fitting for the Raiders raiders. lmao

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
It's the little things that make our day.

:)

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM

Type the name of that team in Denver.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:32 PM
27-20 Chargers. LT runs wild. McCardell scores twice feeding the fires again about us not getting him. People start talking MVP when talking about Drew Brees.

Dick cries. Chiefs fans turn up the volume to a deafening level on the revolt underway.
I hope you are right and the Chargers win, but I think the Chiefs can take this one. Sorry to all you Chiefs fans, but I hope we win. I'll be routing for you when you play the Donkeys though.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Type the name of that team in Denver.
What happens when you type the Donkeys? err, I mean the Broncos.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:34 PM
I hope you are right and the Chargers win, but I think the Chiefs can take this one. Sorry to all you Chiefs fans, but I hope we win. I'll be routing for you when you play the Donkeys though.
Don't need to apologize for hoping your team wins. Hell...I almost hope you win so you can beat Denver for the division....and we're looking at draft position now you know...........................

:spock:

notice I did say I ALMOST hope you win.....not quite.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 03:34 PM

LOL! Despite the Chargers having a great season, I still have to keep my guard up. Like I said, we're playing in your house = no wins for almost a decade there. I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that you're actually choosing the Chargers to win. I was over at the Rai ders board last week and expected the same thing here. I guess those guys are completely blind. They were expecting to kill the Bolts. Don't bother posting there either. You say "Go Bolts" and you get banned.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 03:36 PM
I do. I was there. :D
It was prolly you heckling him.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:37 PM
LOL! Despite the Chargers having a great season, I still have to keep my guard up. Like I said, we're playing in your house = no wins for almost a decade there. I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that you're actually choosing the Chargers to win. I was over at the Rai ders board last week and expected the same thing here. I guess those guys are completely blind. They were expecting to kill the Bolts. Don't bother posting there either. You say "Go Bolts" and you get banned.
They're in denial about a lot of things over there.

I'm pretty "realistic" about our chances to win generally. I don't know if we could beat the girl scouts right now. No doubt penalties and turnovers would kill us.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
I love the replacement when you type

Raiders

or

Broncos!

I'm just thankful you haven't put done the same to the Chargers! Good luck for the remander of the season (except against the Chargers of course).

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 03:40 PM
They're in denial about a lot of things over there.

I'm pretty "realistic" about our chances to win generally. I don't know if we could beat the girl scouts right now. No doubt penalties and turnovers would kill us.

Plus, you get arrested when you attempt a pass at a girl scout.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:40 PM

Raiders

or

Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons)!

I'm just thankful you haven't put done the same to the Chargers! Good luck for the remander of the season (except against the Chargers of course).
It's only because you guys haven't been good enough to get noticed and inspire anyone to take the time to come up with something for you in the past.

:D

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
This true! I was banned twice by the Ray-turds on their board. They were making claims that Brees would be hurt, etc. then they had a thread about admiting they've cried after a Raider game. What a bunch of losers those Raider fans are.

Chiefs Fans = Class
Raider Fans = No Class

Dr. Facebook Fever
Plus, you get arrested when you attempt a pass at a girl scout.
true dat.

ENDelt260
It was prolly you heckling him.
Nah. I was very well behaved inside the stadium.

Boozer is the heckler.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 03:42 PM

Raiders

or

Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons)!

The fact is, we've been so bad for so many years that we don't even stir up anger from our division rivals = no need to chastise us more. I'm pretty realistic too.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 03:43 PM
The fact is, we've been so bad for so many years that we don't even stir up anger from our division rivals = no need to chastise us more. Yeah, well... keep it up and you'll have your own smilie in no time.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:43 PM
It's only because you guys haven't been good enough to get noticed and inspire anyone to take the time to come up with something for you in the past.

:D
Ouch! It's true, but still, ouch...

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Ouch! It's true, but still, ouch...
Sorry....I felt I was beginning to be a little too generous with the respect and compliments so I had to zing you once.

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Speaking of which... does anyone have a link saved to the thread talking about this year's SD game? since the search function is disabled...
Does anyone even know who started it?

Thumper
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Sorry....I felt I was beginning to be a little too generous with the respect and compliments so I had to zing you once.
No Prob. But that's what makes us fans. We love our team whether they're on top, or the worst. It's been tough being a Charger fan the past few seasons. This Charger team appears to be for real. They still need to improve in some areas, but I don't think we'll have the late season stumble we've had in the past. I hope I'm right. The Chiefs are down this season, but with the talent they have, they could be back next season easily.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 03:57 PM
So what do you guys think about Antonio Gates? Too bad there won't be a LT vs Priest game, but there's definitely going to be a Antonio G vs Tony G game (sorry, I know there's gonna be some lame joke about that on air). Fantasy wise I think Gates is doing better, but I picked up TG & PH for my fantasy squad. A lot of similarties between the two tight ends.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 03:58 PM
No Prob. But that's what makes us fans. We love our team whether they're on top, or the worst. It's been tough being a Charger fan the past few seasons. This Charger team appears to be for real. They still need to improve in some areas, but I don't think we'll have the late season stumble we've had in the past. I hope I'm right. The Chiefs are down this season, but with the talent they have, they could be back next season easily.
Don't worry...Marty is your coach. Playoffs?...maybe. Playoff success?... yea right.

fwiw...if you all do make the playoffs, I'll be rooting for ya.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
So what do you guys think about Antonio Gates? Too bad there won't be a LT vs Priest game, but there's definitely going to be a Antonio G vs Tony G game (sorry, I know there's gonna be some lame joke about that on air). Fantasy wise I think Gates is doing better, but I picked up TG & PH for my fantasy squad. A lot of similarties between the two tight ends.
Gates is the man. I drafted him on my fantasy team, then traded him since he started slow...then he caught fire. Nice.

Thumper
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Don't worry...Marty is your coach. Playoffs?...maybe. Playoff success?... yea right.

fwiw...if you all do make the playoffs, I'll be rooting for ya.
Another point well taken. I'm not a big Marty fan, but he appears to have loosened up this season. I was ready to run that guy out of town, but for now I'm giving him another shot.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Nah. I was very well behaved inside the stadium.

Boozer is the heckler.
You actually remember what your behavior was like?

Thumper
11-23-2004, 04:03 PM
I'd be happy with A. Gates or T. Gonzalez on my fantasy team. I had them rated as the top 2 tight ends, but they were both gone by the time I drafted a TE. I ended up with J. Shockey. He hasn't done great, but I haven't found an upgrade.

Hitman37
11-23-2004, 04:12 PM
It's been good talking to you guys today. Thanks for the classy welcome. Come back tomorrow to see if I can get banned then.

ENDelt260
11-23-2004, 04:13 PM
You actually remember what your behavior was like?
I just know I'm always a nice guy. :D

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Hijack Alert ...

ATTN Charger fans -

Are any of you selling two tickets to the SD/DEN game? Or, do you know anyone selling two tickets (together)? If so - brad@pigskinsanity.com

gracias

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 04:14 PM
If I may ask, where the heck did Antonio Gates come from? I wasn't familiar with him until he started tearing up the place.

While we're here, what are your thoughts on your starting lineup?

Here are my thoughts on ours. It gets worse as we go on.

RB - Derrick Blaylock. Jury's out. Blazing speed, getting stronger, generally perceived as a legit running back, but still unproven.

FB - Tony Richardson. Worshipped in KC. Does it all. Runs, catches, blocks, team player.

QB - Trent Green. All we can hope for and more. Great at reading defenses and progressions, great team leader. Not a runner but is great at evading the rush.

WR - Johnny Morton. Disappointing. Occasionally has decent days, often disappears. Surprisingly good on reverse plays, but drops at least one key pass per game.

WR - Eddie Kennison. Fast, our best receiver. Average #2 or #3 receiver in NFL

TE - Tony Gonzalez. 'Nuff said.

LT - Willie Roaf. Still playing great. Top-notch LT.

LG - Brian Waters. May make pro bowl this year. Strongest lineman and most mobile.

C - Casey Wiegman. Very mobile. Often called undersized, but not a major problem.

RG - Will Shields. 'Nuff said. More pro bowls than fingers, almost.

RT - John Welbourne. Struggles a bit in pass protection, went out last week with an injury. Weak spot on line right now.

K - Lawrence Tynes. Has played well, except for one disaster week. Hasn't tried many pressure kicks yet.

P - Steve Cheek. Good street free agent. Kicking decent, if not a world beater.

FS - Jerome Woods - Having far and away the worst year of his career. A step slow and whiffs a lot on tackles.

SS - Greg Wesley - Body of an all-pro, we'd settle for above average. Can't figure out why he's regressing from early rave reviews.

CB - Eric Warfield - Sometimes maligned, but is having a great year overall. Not a target for opposing teams.

CB - William Bartee - The most ridiculed Chief in years, but is turning into a reasonable cornerback this year. Not a strong point, but not an automatic TD any more, either. Can hit.

OLB - Scott Fujita. See Greg Wesley. Don't know what happened after a breakthrough year last year.

OLB - Quentin Caver - Playing for injured starter. Plays hard, but has been mostly a special teams guy.

MLB - Kawika Mitchell - Playing for injured starter. Can run down plays wide, but curls up into a ball and hides if you run straight at him. Athlete, not a football player, which is a disaster.

LE - Eric Hicks. Sometimes ties up a blocker as he's being pancaked, but usually not.

RE - Jared Allen. Very active, very promising, somewhat undersized rookie. Best pass rusher on team by far. Just now seizing starting role from John Browning, who seized it from Vonnie Holliday.

LDT - Ryan Sims. Former high-round draft pick is developing into a journeyman tackle (sigh). Average.

RDT - Lional Dalton. Journeyman who has bounced around league, but has been a standout this season. Not much on the pass rush, but is great at disrupting the run.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 04:22 PM
This is Gates' second year as a pro and he's from Kent State, of all places. The guy rocks! It's funny how Marty (former KC guy) has a kickass TE leading his team.

Gates has 62 catches for 703 yards and 9 freaking TDs. Amazing year for the sophomore.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 04:49 PM
at least this year the Chiefs get to play in January... that doesnt alway happen.

chiefs4me
11-23-2004, 05:09 PM
at least this year the Chiefs get to play in January... that doesnt alway happen.

ROFL That's a good one,,:clap: You know you got some fans a thinking.

BlueandGold
11-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey! Yet ANOTHER Charger fan here. We're just coming out of the woodwork, ain't we?

Just from reading some threads here, I can tell you guys have a quality board here and some great, knowledgeable posters. My compliments. Much better than the Bronco or Raider boards.

Like most of the fans that have already posted, I am cautiously optimistic, although I did predict at least an 8-8 finish for us before the season started. I didn't predict the Chiefs' current predicament- I honestly thought you guys would take the division again this year. Honestly, I would rather it be KC than Oakland or Denver, any day.

I see a shootout next week. Your offense can score with the best of them. The real test is going to come down to your WRs vs our 28th ranked pass defense; more specifically, the matchup between Sammy Davis and whoever is opposite him. Jammer has come into his own this year and is hardly thrown at. Davis is the weak spot, and Green will probably be throwing at him all day. In my opinion, winning that matchup is the Chargers' key to victory.

For the Chiefs, it gets a little more complicated. Sum it up as, "stop the Charger offense". LT is a load enough, and now there's Antonio Gates to worry about. It has been an immense matchup problem for all our opponents this season, and I don't see that changing here. And now McCardell has been thrown into the mix. Defending the Charger offense is going to be tough. I would like to hear some of your takes on this.

I honestly don't know how you guys will game plan against our offense, but I know one thing; you have to stop the Chargers on first down to have much success. The Chargers thrive on second and short; as the entire playbook will be open to them, and they have the weapons to choose from.

Well, regardless of what happens next week, good luck the rest of the season, especially against the Broncos. We'll take all the help we can get!

Warrior5
11-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Defending the Charger offense is going to be tough. I would like to hear some of your takes on this.

Take? The Chiefs' D made the Saints' O look like the Colts. Our F4 will sustain at least three Charger drives by jumping off-sides alone, and Brees will run a passing clinic against a non-existent secondary. Tomlinson will have a career day, as will Gates.

The Chiefs only hope is putting up a lot of points in a shootout; while Green is able to pass for a lot of yards, the red-zone O sucks. Expect your DBs to get at least one pick in the endzone when Green tries to force yet another pass into double coverage.

Oh yeah, don't forget to pass rush only 3 guys against the Chiefs in the 4th quarter...you'll sack Green at least twice.

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Take? The Chiefs' D made the Saints' O look like the Colts. Our F4 will sustain at least three Charger drives by jumping off-sides alone, and Brees will run a passing clinic against a non-existent secondary. Tomlinson will have a career day, as will Gates.

The Chiefs only hope is putting up a lot of points in a shootout; while Green is able to pass for a lot of yards, the red-zone O sucks. Expect your DBs to get at least one pick in the endzone when Green tries to force yet another pass into double coverage.

Oh yeah, don't forget to pass rush only 3 guys against the Chiefs in the 4th quarter...you'll sack Green at least twice.

I think you need a drink, something strong.

Boltergeist
11-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Thought I would drop by for Charger week here too. This is definately one of the better team sites around for knowledgeable posters. Chiefsplanet blows away weak ass orangemane and raidersfans.net. It's good to have a rival site around where you can get really get good inside info.

Gates was quite a steal for us as an UDFA who didn't play college football. He was way down the depth chart behind a lot of young TE's a couple of years ago...Josh Norman, Justin Peele, etc....and just started blowing the coaches away in practice....He was raw, but his natural speed, size, ability to box people out, quick learning, and super soft hands turned him from nobody to pro-bowler in under 2 years. It's unbelievably nice to have a secure outlet like him on 3rd down....Of course the Chiefs have had one for years.

I'm interested to see how the matchups will play out this week. I expect you guys to run a little bit behind your great line, but...like in the NE game...you'll probably do most of your damage through the air. Quentin Jammer is having a probowl year, but Sammy Davis is getting worked on the other side and teams are focusing on him. Our safety play has been less than stellar too....Our LB's have been outstanding for the most part with Steve Foley becoming the best of the group.

On offense, we will be looking closely to see if LT can continue to improve. He said he is not quite 100% on Monday, but he is light years ahead of where he was the previous 7 weeks where he looked like he was at about 70%.

I expect this game to be pretty high scoring and a good test for the Chargers going in to the AFC West showdown game the following week.

By the way...who do you Chiefs fans project going after in the draft if you land a top 5-10 pick? Antrell Rolle would be a good way to get your defense on track if you ask me...but you may end up closer to 8-8 than 4-12.

2bikemike
11-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Welcome to all you Charger fans! I am in Charger country and am hoping like hell for a Charger loss! I constantly get crap from a bunch of bandwagon Charger fans. Luckily I haven't heard nary a peep out of any of them until this year.

I think it will be a fairly close game. (all our losses have been close) I am not holding out much hope we can pull out a W. This team plays football like I play golf. One or two good holes then complete melt down and blow 3 or 4 holes.

Hitman37
11-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Rain Man, I was hoping to give you my breakdown of our roster today, but been too busy. Just wanted to chime in and wish you all a happy turkey day.

tk13
11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
By the way...who do you Chiefs fans project going after in the draft if you land a top 5-10 pick? Antrell Rolle would be a good way to get your defense on track if you ask me...but you may end up closer to 8-8 than 4-12.

Rolle and Derrick Johnson (LB, Texas) are the two names tossed around quite a bit. The ironic part about Derrick Johnson is that his defensive coordinator is Greg Robinson, who as you probably know was the Chiefs' DC for the last three glorious years.....

Threader
11-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Glad I found this site... some very cool people in here from what I've read so far. I don't think the upcoming game will be nearly as bad as some seem to...

I do think SD wins... but it will be a battle. Your offense will likely tear up our secondary :(

Boltergeist
11-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Rolle and Derrick Johnson (LB, Texas) are the two names tossed around quite a bit. The ironic part about Derrick Johnson is that his defensive coordinator is Greg Robinson, who as you probably know was the Chiefs' DC for the last three glorious years.....

Derrick Johnson is a monster...I was wondering if the Chargers might be able to package their two picks to move up and grab him....If you guys grab him, you'll be on the fast track to improving your defense...There aren't too many playmakers like him on the defensive side in this draft.

HolmeZz
11-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I'd give you our first rounder for both of yours. In a heartbeat. It's going to take more than one player to help us anyway.

tk13
11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Derrick Johnson is a monster...I was wondering if the Chargers might be able to package their two picks to move up and grab him....If you guys grab him, you'll be on the fast track to improving your defense...There aren't too many playmakers like him on the defensive side in this draft.
Yeah, he is a beast. I've watched Texas play a couple times, they do look just like the Chiefs in that they don't tackle worth a crap at times, but adding a stud player like him on this defense might help get it turned in the right direction, hopefully.... I'd be pretty excited.

Rausch
11-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Wow. All 5 Charger ans showed up today...

Hitman37
11-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Win or lose, I said I'd be back here. Then again, there was no smack talk and you guys are real classy here so it would have been easy to come back even if we lost. Well, I'm going to say this...the luckier team won this game, NOT the better team. Though you guys are down on yourselves, it's obvious that your record does not reflect what your team is capable of. Looking at the second half of the season, I've been saying that the at Chiefs game was going to be one of the, if not the toughest games on the schedule. Most exciting nerve-racking game I've seen all year. Like I said, it was a lucky win...our offense did great, your offense did great that cancels each other out, but missed chip shot kick vs Dante fumbling means we got a luckier break.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Win or lose, I said I'd be back here. Then again, there was no smack talk and you guys are real classy here so it would have been easy to come back even if we lost. Well, I'm going to say this...the luckier team won this game, NOT the better team. Though you guys are down on yourselves, it's obvious that your record does not reflect what your team is capable of. Looking at the second half of the season, I've been saying that the at Chiefs game was going to be one of the, if not the toughest games on the schedule. Most exciting nerve-racking game I've seen all year. Like I said, it was a lucky win...our offense did great, your offense did great that cancels each other out, but missed chip shot kick vs Dante fumbling means we got a luckier break.

Trust me, you deserved the win. You were the better team down the stretch, while our team, once again, folded like a cheap tent in the 4th qtr. Congrats/

Phobia
11-29-2004, 10:23 AM

At what point does a team stop pointing the finger of defeat at "luck" and decide that they aren't very disciplined? The Chiefs have blown more opportunities this season than Lawrence Phillips has in his entire life. That's saying something.

Dartgod
11-29-2004, 10:27 AM
the luckier team won this game, NOT the better team. Though you guys are down on yourselves, it's obvious that your record does not reflect what your team is capable of.
Wrong. Our record reflects exactly what our team is capable of. We have been finding ways to lose all season--whether it's the offense, defense or special teams. This game was no different.

Hitman37
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Wow. You guys really aren't used to losing huh? Obviously we are. Anyway, I saw a thread where a lot of you guys are rooting for us. I know we all don't like to see each other win, but I know you guys hate the Broncos more than us. So, hop on and watch us smash Shanarat next week. See you guys for the regular season finale.

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey Rain Man, I was hoping to give you my breakdown of our roster today, but been too busy. Just wanted to chime in and wish you all a happy turkey day.

Cool. I'd like to read it. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not too knowledgeable about your team.

Valiant
11-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Wow. You guys really aren't used to losing huh? Obviously we are. Anyway, I saw a thread where a lot of you guys are rooting for us. I know we all don't like to see each other win, but I know you guys hate the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) more than us. So, hop on and watch us smash Shanarat next week. See you guys for the regular season finale.

hopefully you blow them out by thirty... then about a half dozen of them bastards at the mane will kill themselves and i can read about it on the darwin report..

L.T. 21
11-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi Chiefsfans:

Just another Bolt fan here thats been lurking for a couple of weeks. I wanted to give your board some major props because there's actual good topics about FOOTBALL being discussed.

And no no no, Im no bandwagon fan, I came out of my Mother with a lightning bolt on my butt. Been pulling for them since.

I thought Id post really quickly and say hello, and as said, cool board! I also want to say that Okoye,back in the day, was one scary back you had...Geez, was that guy a load to handle!

Great game yesterday...I had about 3 heart attacks during its course...

Iowanian
11-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok........I just can't let this go without sharing.

After a series of posts questioning my fandom, football knowledge and lack of humor...........a clown on one of the bolt boards.....one of the 2-3 who have been raging douches.........and a guy who started posting there in 2004 says this gem to yours truely.

Trumpet_man
"Keep learning from the Chargers websites on how to be a fan. Walk to the "LIGHT" Johnny.

I know it is confusing for you right now as you are conflicted and reaching for a 'jury of peers' and almost any reason is an excuse NOT to see your team play.

Learn the passion of the Bolt.

Phony fan indeed. "

I snorted a little.

2bikemike
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
. Most exciting nerve-racking game I've seen all year

Wow if you like games like that you should root for the Chiefs. We have had more than our fair share of those games over the last 3 years.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:58 PM
I came out of my Mother with a lightning bolt on my butt.

Ouch.