PDA

View Full Version : King Carl Must Go!

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 04:11 PM
13-3/ Homefield advantage throughout the playoffs/Embarrasing loss at Arrowhead in the playoffs/Chief fans desimated but hopeful for next year/Stand pat in the off season/Wheels come off the bus/Time to rebuild

13-3/ Homefield advantage throughout the playoffs/Embarrasing loss at Arrowhead in the playoffs/Chief fans desimated but hopeful for next year/Stand pat in the off season/Wheels come off the bus/Time to rebuild

16 years of not drafting a single impact WR, RB or QB

1 playoff win in the last 10 years

the last 6 seasons have produced 5 losing records though 3 different coaches.

The evidence is overwhelming.
King Carl Must Go!

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Posting the same thing over and over again isn't going to make it come true.

I suggest you stare at the sky tonight and watch for falling stars...

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Posting the same thing over and over again isn't going to make it come true.

I suggest you stare at the sky tonight and watch for falling stars...

Yes it will! I clicked my heels together three times and everything. :p

tk13
11-23-2004, 04:16 PM
I know we've been doing this for about 11 months now, and people keep saying it, but I'm still failing to see how we stood pat after '97... we cashed ourselves out to the point where even Jason Whitlock thought there was no way we don't win it all.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-23-2004, 04:20 PM
well at least we're not beating any dead horses.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I know we've been doing this for about 11 months now, and people keep saying it, but I'm still failing to see how we stood pat after '97... we cashed ourselves out to the point where even Jason Whitlock thought there was no way we don't win it all.....

Just a quick glance shows us signing Derrick Alexander, Chester McGlockton, Leslie O'Neal, Bam Morris (3 games into the season), Keith Crawford, Ron George, Darius Holland, Ernest Dixon (2 games into the season), and Bracey Walker.

We also retained free agent James Hasty.

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 04:49 PM
okay maybe, just maybe I'll give you not standing pat after the 97 season. But 95 and 2003 were defintely standing pat seasons. Look at this years Pats. 5 new starters on defense. 5 new starters on offense. If you can evaluate talent and draft well its easier to do.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Just a quick glance shows us signing Derrick Alexander, Chester McGlockton, Leslie O'Neal, Bam Morris (3 games into the season), Keith Crawford, Ron George, Darius Holland, Ernest Dixon (2 games into the season), and Bracey Walker.

We also retained free agent James Hasty.
ah yes.........whatever happened to Ron George? Things just haven't been the same since he left........................ what position did he play again?

tk13
11-23-2004, 05:10 PM
okay maybe, just maybe I'll give you not standing pat after the 97 season. But 95 and 2003 were defintely standing pat seasons. Look at this years Pats. 5 new starters on defense. 5 new starters on offense. If you can evaluate talent and draft well its easier to do.
Just maybe? We signed a premier FA DT in the game who was coming off multiple Pro Bowl appearances, a DE in Leslie O'Neal with multiple Pro Bowl appearances that had Super Bowl experience, a WR in Derrick Alexander coming off two straight 1000 yard seasons, not to mention a starting RB... my goodness if that's even close to standing pat you obviously think we should sign every AFC Pro Bowler in the league this offseason.

And just to continue to get facts straight, the only big name starter the Pats added was Corey Dillon. Roosevelt Colvin is a "new" starter I guess because he was hurt last year... the rest of their "new" starters came from injuries or players they've developed getting better.

BigRedChief
11-24-2004, 10:17 AM
And just to continue to get facts straight, the only big name starter the Pats added was Corey Dillon. Roosevelt Colvin is a "new" starter I guess because he was hurt last year... the rest of their "new" starters came from injuries or players they've developed getting better.
My point that I'm making is that exactly. His failure to draft and pick up
good FA's has led us to this point. Where we have Quentin Carver? playing LB for us? WTF is that? NE has 5 new starters on offense and 5 new sarters on defense. Only 1 out of the 10 have a "name" calibur reputation.

Don't talk to me about injuries or free agency etc. either. Everyone is on the same playing field and over the 16 years of time that King Carl has been here I would venture to guess are injuries as not any worse than any other team has has over that time span. Whereas the other NFL teams find good backups and potential talent at bargain rates.

I'm not at all saying we need to make bigger splashes go after the big boys. Pittsburgh and NE have shown that on defense you don't need to take that approach. It's about evaluating talent in the draft and free agency and King Carl and his minios just don't have it.