PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here by chance remember a Brad Hall playing for the Chiefs???

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Supposedly played for the Chiefs in the early 80s.

I haven't gotten to meet the guy yet, but this guy's son is one of the startering linemen for our HS football team. I've had several people in the last couple of weeks tell me that he played a year or two for the Chiefs back in the early 80s.

Does anyone know where I can find roster listings for linemen in the 80s? (Checked Pro Football Reference's websight but only see QB, WR, RB, Etc)

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Guess not.

Locals are telling me he played but I haven't found him on the draft boards. They say he played a season or two but got Denver-Blocked and ruined a knee.

Not sure if it is local gossip or legit.

Raiderhader
11-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I do not recall much of the early eighties, seeing as how I was but a toddler at the time.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I do not recall much of the early eighties, seeing as how I was but a toddler at the time.

Me too.

Raiderhader
11-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Me too.

Whatever, old man.

tk13
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
http://www.chiefswarpath.com/teamhistory/alltimeroster2.htm

Don't see him.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Me too.

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Brad Budde was drafted #1 by the Chiefs as a Guard in 1980 out of USC

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Nope. Don't remember him.

FloridaChief
11-23-2004, 07:39 PM
No-one named Brad Hall was ever a Chief, according to my KC Chiefs Encyclopedia...

Phobia
11-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Maybe he was a scab. Do they put scabs on the alltime roster? You should email Marv Levy to see if he remembers Brad Hall.

Coach
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
I don't think there was ever a Brad Hall listed as a player in the NFL from the list I got.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/Players?OpenView&Start=6736

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't think there was ever a Brad Hall listed as a player in the NFL from the list I got.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/Players?OpenView&Start=6736

that list says he must have played one regular season game...

Coach
11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
that list says he must have played one regular season game...

Yes, but I also have a buddy who have a book called "Total Football II" that lists every player who ever played from 1920-98. He said there wasn't anyone that goes with the name of Brad Hall as a Chief or a rookie/FA.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 08:20 PM
I would say that it appears as though Mr. Brad Hall has made somewhat of a legend of himself, urban or otherwise. I'll bet he just hates than old internet thing now.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Why is it that everytime we have one of these threads that the prospective Chiefs player is disproven?

In fact, who in their right mind would tell somebody they played for the Chiefs in the 80's? or the 00's for that matter?

Boozer
11-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Why is it that everytime we have one of these threads that the prospective Chiefs player is disproven?

In fact, who in their right mind would tell somebody they played for the Chiefs in the 80's? or the 00's for that matter?

Perhaps he was playing under an assumed name.... :hmmm:

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I did that. I played under the name Joe Montana.

Hydrae
11-23-2004, 08:46 PM

No, no, no. His name was something else when he was younger but he changed it to protect his ability to get a job after football was over.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 09:00 PM
I would say that it appears as though Mr. Brad Hall has made somewhat of a legend of himself, urban or otherwise. I'll bet he just hates than old internet thing now.

Kinda what I was wondering, which is why I posted. Was visiting with a new family in the church today that know the guy and they mentioned him. They own a restaraunt and invited the wife and I over for a meal. He said if he had thought about it, knowing I was a Chiefs fan, he'd have invited Mr Hall over too. Guess I'll find out the whole story when I meet the guy.

Coach
11-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Kinda what I was wondering, which is why I posted. Was visiting with a new family in the church today that know the guy and they mentioned him. They own a restaraunt and invited the wife and I over for a meal. He said if he had thought about it, knowing I was a Chiefs fan, he'd have invited Mr Hall over too. Guess I'll find out the whole story when I meet the guy.

Do tell us the story when you get the chance Pastor. I am curious about that as well, along with some other CP members.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 09:18 PM
We have another guy here in town, name was Roy Bell, that did play in our HS back in '67, then in OU and was drafted by Dallas in 72 but I never saw him on Dallas' roster. He may have never made it through camp though. Kinda wonder if that if Mr Hall might have been a undrafted FA that didn't make it through camp.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Do tell us the story when you get the chance Pastor. I am curious about that as well, along with some other CP members.

I will if the search funtion is back up by then so I can find this thread.:)

Coach
11-23-2004, 09:20 PM
I will if the search funtion is back up by then so I can find this thread.:)

Why not just subscribe this thread? It makes it easier.

I asked a buddy who have a book called "Total Football II" that lists every player who ever played from 1920-98, including FA's/rookies. He said there wasn't anyone that goes with the name of Brad Hall as a Chief or a rookie/FA.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Why not just subscribe this thread? It makes it easier.

If I did that on all the threads I'm interested in I'd need the search function to go through my subscribed threads.:)

Coach
11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
If I did that on all the threads I'm interested in I'd need the search function to go through my subscribed threads.:)

Not really. You can look it up on your profile on the top. It will take you to your reputation area. On the right, it should have a link that says "View all subscribed threads"

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Not really. You can look it up on your profile on the top. It will take you to your reputation area. On the right, it should have a link that says "View all subscribed threads"
I've never used the subscribe to the thread function. I thought that meant they sent you emails and stuff.

Coach
11-23-2004, 10:53 PM
I've never used the subscribe to the thread function. I thought that meant they sent you emails and stuff.

No, there's a button there that is like a click and a drag down that tells you how you can be notified by e-mail. There's a option there where it says something like "No e-mail notification."

tk13
11-23-2004, 11:08 PM
There you go, I gave you rep for that post so you can check your rep and click directly on that post to find the thread.... :)

2bikemike
11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I found this list of all time Chiefs players.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/chiefs_all-time_alpha.pdf