PDA

View Full Version : An Idea to Bring some positive feelings back...

DJay23
11-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Now that the season is officially blotto, I say we inject a few good vibes back into our Chiefs consiousness. How about each week for the rest of the year, someone not nearly as lazy or selfish as me could contribute a memory: "This Week in Chiefs History"

For example, let's say this week someone recalled a Thanksgiving Day game that the Chiefs won (Can't honestly say I've remember one, I'm sure we've won one). What was the score, who was the hero/stud?

I don't know, just a brain fart I had.

beer bacon
11-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Remember the time DT got seven sacks but we still lost? That was great.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Yeah.. against Seattle. That was brutal.

Thanks!

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2004, 08:05 PM

that was my first ever chiefs game... we drove all the way home thinking that we won.

Boozer
11-23-2004, 08:06 PM
I remember a playoff game against some team from Indiana several years back, didn't our kicker miss like four FGs?

Coach
11-23-2004, 08:28 PM
I remember a playoff game against some team from Indiana several years back, didn't our kicker miss like four FGs?

3 I think.

Count Zarth
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't mind doing this...I know all the appropriate websites to find archival box scores and game recaps.

I'll volunteer if it's ok with everyone.

beer bacon
11-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I think we should post about games where one side of our team or individual players have had amazing performances, but we still lost because of even worse performances by another individual player or the other side of the ball.

Boozer
11-23-2004, 08:47 PM
I think we should post about games where one side of our team or individual players have had amazing performances, but we still lost because of even worse performances by another individual player or the other side of the ball.

Difficulty: No Grbac.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 08:51 PM

You mean like how last week Blaylock had a really good game against the Saints but Morton fumbles 'cause he starts celebrating on the 15 yardline after beating his defender and catching a ball downfield from Green instead of running in for the score and Eddie Kennsion tried to pick up an extra yard andd how the O-Line allowed 4 defenders to get to Green for a sack and then a fumble on KC's last possesion of the game?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
http://www.raytown.k12.mo.us/news/Images/kcwolf1.jpgthere was this one time at the Pro Bowl...

Inspector
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm not ready for postive feelings just yet.

Still stewing in my misery and beginning to grow accustomed to it.

3 - 7 :banghead:

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Here's something positive - last night, for the first time all season, I didn't yell at the TV. I just kinda accepted the fact we were going to lose before last night even happened and just kinda watched and saw what I expected to see.

tommykat
11-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Here's something positive - last night, for the first time all season, I didn't yell at the TV. I just kinda accepted the fact we were going to lose before last night even happened and just kinda watched and saw what I expected to see.

Sorta did the same................but threw my glasses a couple of times.:deevee:

kcfanintitanhell
11-23-2004, 09:32 PM

Yea, me too. I flew in from Orlando to East Tennessee, my fiance picked me up, and we got home in time to make some wings and queso dip, had some friends over, and watched the game. The food was great, we had a wonderful time, went to bed and got a good night's sleep.
A month ago, I would have wanted to puke from the nasty, dry chicken, thrown the bones at the TV, told my guests (Eagles fans), that they couldn't possiblly understand my pain and just F**K off and woke up the next morning after a restless night with sore teeth from the grinding that went on during the night.
So I guess it's not all bad.
What surprises me is that they didn't wait until the 14th or 15th game of the season to bring our hopes crashing down.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't mind doing this...I know all the appropriate websites to find archival box scores and game recaps.

Well, no, you are a probationary member and are not qualified.

tk13
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM
You mean like the game in the playoffs in 1997 where our defense held an unnamed team to the lowest point total in their 2 year Super Bowl dynasty but we still lost the game because certain offensive players sucked?

Yeah, me neither.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM

As long as it's okay with DJay, go for it. Just make it "This week in Chiefs History" and that thread won't count against your thread total.

Count Zarth
11-23-2004, 09:45 PM
As long as it's okay with DJay, go for it. Just make it "This week in Chiefs History" and that thread won't count against your thread total.

Sweet. DJay?

Coach
11-23-2004, 09:46 PM
How about this? Why not have a Chiefs trivia in a new forum. And let's say Zach post a triva question. Then KcMizzou answers the question, Zach should say right/corect or wrong/incorrect related to KcMizzou's question. If KcMizzou is wrong, then the trivia still continues. If KcMizzou gets the question right, then KcMizzou must be prepared to give another different trivia question.

Just a couple of rules here

#1 One question at a time. It gets to confusing if everyone just starts asking questions and answers can get lost. The whole idea for this section is not to show who is the smartest or who knows the most about the team (althought that is fun) but to help all that love the Chiefs learn more about their beloved franchise.

#2 No cheating, and yes using a media guide is cheating. This is about what you KNOW, not what you can look up.

#3 If a trivia question goes more than say 5 hours (based on that we have alot of members online during the day) without being answered, then rule #2 goes out the window. However, you should have the personnel integrity to say you had to look it up.

#4 Trivia only, take other discussions to other threads.

What ya think? Just got it off of the top of my head.

Coach
11-23-2004, 10:21 PM
*bump* Just wondering about the rules that I thought of the top of my head.

dtebbe
11-23-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm game...

Hey, remember that time Marty ran it right up the center's ass?

Man, that was cool! (all gay jokes aside)

DT

dtebbe
11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Or on a serious note...

Remember back when you actually COULDN'T WAIT for the DEFENSE to get back on the field?

Man those were the days...

DT

Count Zarth
11-23-2004, 11:23 PM
Or on a serious note...

Remember back when you actually COULDN'T WAIT for the DEFENSE to get back on the field?

DT

I've never felt that way.

CHIEF4EVER
11-24-2004, 04:46 AM
I'm game...

Hey, remember that time Marty ran it right up the center's ass?

Man, that was cool! (all gay jokes aside)

DT

You must mean the patented "it's 3rd and 8, let's trick em' and run the ball straight up Grunny's arse for the first down". ROFL

nmt1
11-24-2004, 05:44 AM
You must mean the patented "it's 3rd and 8, let's trick em' and run the ball straight up Grunny's arse for the first down". ROFL

When faced with third and long, I've always been partial to the toss sweep to Donnell "The Playmaker" Bennett.

Nzoner
11-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Or on a serious note...

DT

Home opener 1994,the 49er's were coming to town and DT had made a comment about how they wanted to win this one for Montana.I still pull that game out and relive it.DT's sack of Young in the endzone :thumb:

Coach
11-24-2004, 06:40 AM
Home opener 1994,the 49er's were coming to town and DT had made a comment about how they wanted to win this one for Montana.I still pull that game out and relive it.DT's sack of Young in the endzone :thumb:

I remember that game. I also remember that A. Davis (number 50) just whacked Young pretty good, even though he couldn't stop because Davis couldn't hear the officials blowing their whistles.

Young was scarred for life during that game. ROFL

dtebbe
11-24-2004, 06:59 AM

EXACTLY!

DT