PDA

View Full Version : How do you see the NFL and the playoffs panning out?

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:30 PM
It seems like the teams listed below are the ones that have the chance of diong good things in the playoffs. Where do you think things are headed?

Steelers
Patriots
Eagles
Colts
Jets
Falcons
Packers
Broncos
Chargers
Ravens
Jaguars

I don't believe anyone from the AFC West will do anything of signifigance. Not enough consistancy. I believe Pitt is the real deal in the AFC but I also think the Jets and the Ravens are going to get better and could steal a game from a good team in the playoffs.

The NFC is a lot weaker from top to bottom than the AFC but I think whoever represents the NFC will prob win the big game. The Packers have been very strong but I see the NFC being a the Philly\Atlanta show.

RedandGold
11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
I say that NE will lose to Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship, and Pittsburgh will beat Philly in the SB.

The R&G prediction - Pittsburgh wins by 17

tk13
11-23-2004, 11:46 PM
The NFC definitely looks like a Philly/Atlanta title game... I think the Falcons can beat the Eagles. I have absolutely no idea in the AFC. I can see all 6 teams getting in having a chance to win it. I think the Steelers/Pats/Colts have the best chance. The Steelers and Pats have easy schedules and are in the driver's seat for the bye. We'll see, I know this sounds crazy, but I think the Colts have a shot. Their offense is the most dominant unit on any side of the ball for any team that's going to make the playoffs. It defies traditional logic I know, but if they continue to roll like they are now I would not want any part of them in the playoffs.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
IMO, in the AFC NE will have to beat Indy. I don't think PIT can keep up with Indy's O, and Manning has a quick enough release that he'll still get the job done against their D. So depending on the seeds, it'll be NE vs Pit or NE vs Indy in the AFC Championship game. Neither Denver or SD will win a game.

Rausch
11-23-2004, 11:55 PM
I don't see there being any competiton for the Iggles in the NFC and I think the Pats will beat the Steelers in the AFC championchip game...

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Pittsburgh will get bitten in the ass by their rookie QB eventually.

The Donks. ROFL

Sandy Eggo. ROFL

Baltimore seems to have found a passing game recently, but their running game is hurting right now. If Jamal was running like he did last year, I'd be high on them, but he's not, so I'm not.

I think it comes down to Indy, the Jets and New England. And you can toss out the Jets if Pennington doesn't come back.

Rausch
11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Pittsburgh will get bitten in the ass by their rookie QB eventually.

I don't think they will. I think they'll fall short, don't get me wrong, but I don't see Big Ben being the reason why. He honestly is amazing for a rookie. He sure as hell doesn't play like one.

alanm
11-24-2004, 12:08 AM
How do you see the NFL and the playoffs panning out?
A bunch of teams other than Kansas City lining up in January. :deevee:

Count Alex's Losses
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
I don't think they will. I think they'll fall short, don't get me wrong, but I don't see Big Ben being the reason why. He honestly is amazing for a rookie. He sure as hell doesn't play like one.

He hasn't had to do it all without a running game. Eventually he will. Probably against the Patriots or the Ravens.

Stryker
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Good Question.

AFC:
Steelers Patriots
Chargers Colts
WILD CARDS: Jets Jacksonville

NFC:
Eagles Falcons
Vikings Packers
WILD CARDS: Seahawks Rams

CONFERENCE:
Patriots @ Steelers
Packers @ Eagles

SUPERBOWL:
Eagles vs. Steelers

Steelers win Superbowl

el borracho
11-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Superbowl will be either Pats or Steelers vs. the Eagles. Hopefully whichever AFC team goes will destroy the Eagles and Philasmellphia can burn itself to the ground.

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Superbowl will be either Pats or Steelers vs. the Eagles. Hopefully whichever AFC team goes will destroy the Eagles and Philasmellphia can burn itself to the ground.
If you really want that outcome then I would cheer for the Eagles to win it all... ROFL

el borracho
11-24-2004, 02:06 AM
If you really want that outcome then I would cheer for the Eagles to win it all... ROFL
If I knew for sure that Philadelphia and all its inhabitants would dissappear forever, I would do whatever it took to ensure that the Eagles win the game. At this point they will probably riot either way. Expectations are high and if they lose they will be pissed. If they win they will throw a celebratory riot because you know how smart and fun those are. Fvck Philadelphia.

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Expectations are high and if they lose they will be pissed.

Man, I wonder what that feels like.

Taco John
11-24-2004, 02:51 AM
I think you guys should laugh at Denver and San Diegos' chances as much as possible. The least you could do is reciprocate the fact that we're laughing at yours.

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 03:00 AM
I think you guys should laugh at Denver and San Diegos' chances as much as possible. The least you could do is reciprocate the fact that we're laughing at yours.
Our team's ineptness does not change the fact that your team can dominate a game one week and get rolled by a team in your own house another week.

That is not how championship teams go to work. You guys are too inconsistant to get to the place your fan base wants to be at.

tk13
11-24-2004, 03:09 AM
I'm not laughing at either of their chances... but I do think what hurts them is that New England and Pittsburgh have schedules that play to their advantage for a bye game. Right now Denver would get the 3 seed game at home, if they win they'll have to play at New England in the 2nd round. Good luck. :) Under the current scenario I could really see another Indy/NE title game... long way to go though.

el borracho
11-24-2004, 03:15 AM
What is there to laugh about? Our teams all have about the same chance of getting to and winning the SuperBowl.

grandllama
11-24-2004, 04:26 AM

Hey TJ, our season has already gone to shit. All we can do is laugh at your posers when they get beat. I'd love to watch Marty steamroll your ass through, and out of, the playoffs.

(side debate... typical Chiefs fashion... once we loose someone, they go out and get a f*cking ring... I think Marty can get them there)

Demonpenz
11-24-2004, 05:09 AM
I think T.O. Steps it up in the playoffs and the eagles win it a ll

beer bacon
11-24-2004, 07:56 AM
NFL reverses decision on five of the seven KC losses. KC goes on to finish the season 14-2 and wins the SuperBowl.

ILChief
11-24-2004, 08:28 AM
AFC Playoff teams:
1. Pittsburgh
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. San Diego
5. Denver
6. New York Jets

Colts beat Jets in Wild Card
Chargers beat Broncos in Wild Card

Steelers over Chargers in Div. Game
Colts over Patriots in Div. Game

Colts over Steelers in AFC Championship Game

-----------------------------------
NFC Playoff teams:
1. Philadelphia
2. Atlanta
3. Green Bay
4. Seattle
5. Minnesota
6. St. Louis

Packers beat Rams in Wild Card
Vikings beat Seahawks in Wild Card

Eagles beat Vikings in Div. Game
Packers beat Falcons in Div. Game

Eagles beat Packers in NFC Championship

Eagles beat Colts in Super Bowl

Chiefs get #5 pick in Draft

MOhillbilly
11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Packers over Philly

Pats over Steelers

Packers over Pats 21-17

Hoover
11-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Here is my take on the AFC

Division Winners

Pats
Steelers
Indy
Chargers

Wild Card
Ravens
Denver

Steelers get the #1 Seed
Pats get the #2 Seed

Wild Card
Chargers vs Denver (Denver Wins)
Indy vs Ravens (Indy Wins)

Divisional Round
Indy vs Pats (Indy Wins)
Pitt vs Denver (Denver Wins)

AFC Championship
Indy vs Denver (Indy Wins)

ck_IN
11-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I don't follow the NFC close enough to make a decent comment on them but for the AFC I'm thinking something like this:

Indy loses to the Pats while Pittsburgh beats Baltimore. The Steelers squeak one out against the Pats in the AFC championship game.

Indy has a major problem on defense. Namely their lack of it. Manning won't get to the dance untill Dungy and Polian do something about it.

Hoover
11-24-2004, 09:34 AM
NFC Playoffs

Division Winners

Philly
Atlanta
Minnesota
Seattle

Wild Cards
St. Louis
Green Bay

Philly #1 Seed
Atlanta #2 Seed

Wild Card Games
Vikings vs St Louis (Vikings Win)
Seattle vs Green Bay (Seattle Wins)

Divisional

Philly vs Vikings (Philly Wins)
Atlanta vs Seattle (Seattle Wins)

NFC Championship
Philly vs Seattle (Philly Wins)

Super Bowl (Best one in years)
Indy vs Philly (Indy Wins)

Hoover
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
I don't follow the NFC close enough to make a decent comment on them but for the AFC I'm thinking something like this:

Indy loses to the Pats while Pittsburgh beats Baltimore. The Steelers squeak one out against the Pats in the AFC championship game.

Indy has a major problem on defense. Namely their lack of it. Manning won't get to the dance untill Dungy and Polian do something about it.
I agree, but I can just see them winning the whole thing giving Carl and DV a reason to draft all offense in the draft and **** us over on D once again.

Taco John
11-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Our team's ineptness does not change the fact that your team can dominate a game one week and get rolled by a team in your own house another week.

That is not how championship teams go to work. You guys are too inconsistant to get to the place your fan base wants to be at.

Consistency doesn't matter until January. The fact is, we've won 7 and lost 3 games. Sounds like we consistently win.

ck_IN
11-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Uh Hoov we drafted a backup TE last year along with I think 2 WR's. Do you really think DV <b>needs</b> an excuse to draft offense?

It's like crack to DV. He's addicted.

Taco John
11-24-2004, 09:40 AM
What is there to laugh about? Our teams all have about the same chance of getting to and winning the SuperBowl.

ROFL

Your sour grapes about how bad your season turned out doesn't have any bearing on the reality that Denver is a playoff team right now.

BigChiefFan
11-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Steelers vs. the Pats in AFC Championship-Steelers win

Eagles vs. the Falcons in NFC championship game-Eagles win

The battle of Pennsylvania in the Super Bowl

StcChief
11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
An all PA superbowl, sounds good to me at this point.
Steelers win.

Philly destroys their town (again).