2005 NFL Draft Prospect

From James Alder,
Your Guide to Football.

Position: Cornerback

School: Miami Hurricanes

Height : 6-1

Weight: 205

40-Yard Dash: 4.48 (est)

Positives: Antrel Rolle is the best cornerback prospect in the 2005 NFL Draft. He is a big, strong, physical player with good speed and exceptional closing ability. His versatility allows him to play inside against the slot or on the outside against deep-threat wide receivers. He's also very athletic, has good feet, awareness, and adjusts well to the ball while it's in the air.

The best way to describe Rolle is as a relentless playmaker who has the ability to take a team's best receiver out of the game. His size and strength allow him to match up well with bigger receivers and he has great bump-and-run skills. He also does a good job of jamming receivers on the line, has fluid hips, a good backpedal, and tremendous change of direction ability. Simply put, he has all the skills to stay with any receiver in the nation.

Negatives: I'm not sure you would call it a weakness, but Rolle doesn't possess the top-end speed of a Corey Webster or Marlin Jackson, although his is certainly more than adequate. I'd look for him to run somewhere between a 4.45 and a 4.50 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Projection: Antrel Rolle burst onto the national scene during his junior season when he held the nation's top receiver, Pittsburgh's Larry Fitzgerald, to three catches for 26 yards. In the Orange Bowl at the end of the 2003 season, he completely shut down Florida State's P.K. Sam after allowing him a 10-yard reception on the Seminoles' first play from scrimmage.
Rolle has all the skills to be a true shut-down corner in the NFL and should be an immediate starter for whoever selects him. I'd be shocked if he slipped past the top-10 picks in the 2005 NFL Draft.

If we have a shot a getting him, we would be fools to pass on him. Carl needs to get aggressive and land some IMPACT players.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-24-2004, 09:56 AM
It's great that we're seriously talking draft before Thanksgiving...

:spock:

BigChiefFan
11-24-2004, 09:58 AM

What else ya got to do? :p

Iowanian
11-24-2004, 10:00 AM
I don't know why anyone thinks this guy will be a Chief...........when you KNOW they are looking at a Fullback to replace Richardson and a Safety who played Corner in Jr High.

...a real physical specimin.......alot of potential...a real, real character young man

Ari Chi3fs

ha haha hah ahah ....

philfree
It would be nice for Hicks replacement to slide to us with our 2nd pick.

Shaun Cody DE USC 6í4 295
By: Robert Davis

Shaun Cody has been a big part of the resurgence of the USC football program. He has played inside and out for USC, mostly inside, so it has effected his ability to put up big stat totals. His 3 year totals at USC are: 85 tackles, 18.5 for loss, 11 sacks, and 4 blocked field goals. Through 10 games of his senior season, he has 9.5 sacks, as he has spent more time on the outside, having the freedom of rushing the passer more.

Shaun Cody is a football player, period. He isnít a physical specimen, he just knows how to play the game. He knows how to get to the football whether he is lined up at tackle or end. He is a solid athlete, with the agility and speed to be a threat off the edge. He holds up well at the point of attack, and can shed to make the play. He brings a lot of versatility to the table, as he can play end in the 4-3 or 3-4, and may be able to play tackle in the 4-3. Cody also brings all the intangibles you want in a football player. He is very tough, plays hurt, and he is a team leader. He works hard on and off the field, and is the type of player every coach loves to have on his team.

Cody doesnít really have any negatives in his game at end. He is not a freak athlete or have great speed, but he is above average in both areas. Some people rate Cody at tackle, and as a tackle, he lacks the pure bulk and strength to hold up at that position. He would need to bulk up if you are drafting him to play tackle for you.

Shaun Cody is a great football player. Whoever gets him is going to get a guy who battles week in, week out. I think he is a lesser version of Richard Seymour. He brings a lot of the skills Seymour does, he just is not quite as big as Richard is. Cody could hear his name come off the board towards the end of the first round, but he should be gone come the middle of the second.
-----------------

PhilFree :arrow:

ROYC75
That would be a good pick. A Derrick Johnson at LB would be good....

BTA, what do I know, it's just an opinion , one that usually differs than most people on here.

Ask the locall BB draft experts and talent scouts.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-24-2004, 10:01 AM
What else ya got to do? :p
Root for the Jayhawks!

:thumb:

Certainly not blaming you for posting the thread...just commenting on the sad state we're in that makes it appropriate.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't know why anyone thinks this guy will be a Chief...........when you KNOW they are looking at a Fullback to replace Richardson and a Safety who played Corner in Jr High.

...a real physical specimin.......alot of potential...a real, real character young man
Don't forget the upside. He'll have tons of upside.

Don't know about the FB pick though... I have a feeling we'll look to the TE or long snapper positions. Gammon's not getting any younger you know.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
That would be a good pick. A Derrick Johnson at LB would be good....

BTA, what do I know, it's just an opinion , one that usually differs than most people on here.

Ask the locall BB draft experts and talent scouts.
All I know is Scanlon better get some serious playing time next year if we expect to turn things around.

:)

BigChiefFan
11-24-2004, 10:12 AM
It would be nice for Hicks replacement to slide to us with our 2nd pick.

Shaun Cody DE USC 6í4 295
By: Robert Davis

Shaun Cody has been a big part of the resurgence of the USC football program. He has played inside and out for USC, mostly inside, so it has effected his ability to put up big stat totals. His 3 year totals at USC are: 85 tackles, 18.5 for loss, 11 sacks, and 4 blocked field goals. Through 10 games of his senior season, he has 9.5 sacks, as he has spent more time on the outside, having the freedom of rushing the passer more.

Shaun Cody is a football player, period. He isnít a physical specimen, he just knows how to play the game. He knows how to get to the football whether he is lined up at tackle or end. He is a solid athlete, with the agility and speed to be a threat off the edge. He holds up well at the point of attack, and can shed to make the play. He brings a lot of versatility to the table, as he can play end in the 4-3 or 3-4, and may be able to play tackle in the 4-3. Cody also brings all the intangibles you want in a football player. He is very tough, plays hurt, and he is a team leader. He works hard on and off the field, and is the type of player every coach loves to have on his team.

Cody doesnít really have any negatives in his game at end. He is not a freak athlete or have great speed, but he is above average in both areas. Some people rate Cody at tackle, and as a tackle, he lacks the pure bulk and strength to hold up at that position. He would need to bulk up if you are drafting him to play tackle for you.

Shaun Cody is a great football player. Whoever gets him is going to get a guy who battles week in, week out. I think he is a lesser version of Richard Seymour. He brings a lot of the skills Seymour does, he just is not quite as big as Richard is. Cody could hear his name come off the board towards the end of the first round, but he should be gone come the middle of the second.
-----------------

PhilFree :arrow:
He's a damn good player, too. If he lasts until our 2nd rounder, I would be pleased with the pick. This year is a fairly decent draft, I just hope we are aggressive enough to get the players we want. We could be in good shape, if Carl would just land the players he covets. Going after Kendrell Bell in FA and then landing some quality players through the draft and we could turn this ship around, but we aren't going to do it with project players and 2nd tier FAs. I just pray Carl sees this upcoming season as his possible last hurrah and goes for the gusto. IMPACT players, Carl... that's I M P A C T players. Live it, learn it, love it, Carl, damnit!!!!

TEX
11-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Wow, draft talk BEFORE Thanksgiving. ROFL And some blasted me for my signature after the Saints game... :hmmm: