PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Gates

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 12:49 PM
How are you guys gonna stop him from scoring?

Brock
11-24-2004, 12:50 PM
That's not a part of our strategy.

Bearcat
11-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Why are we limiting this question to one person?

Saulbadguy
11-24-2004, 12:54 PM
We aren't.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
I like Gates regular. That spicy Gates is just too hot.

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
thats a good question given he has the best numbers of all TE's in the NFL...he is a beast

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Well according to this Gates isn't that good

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6663

The Bad Guy
How bout you get a little more creative in your posts then I will respond to your garbage.

ENDelt260
I like Gates regular. That spicy Gates is just too hot.
I went to a joint called "Joe's Real BBQ" in Gilbert AZ over the weekend.

They had two sauces out... the normal, and "I dare you" hot. I couldn't resist a sign that said, "I dare you" on it. I think it was roughly as spicy as Gates Original Classic... only, less flavor to accompany it... so the spicyness was the defining characteristic.

tk13
This is another great thread I see. Too bad the best TE in the game will actually be playing for the home team....

Iowanian
11-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I prefer Arthur Bryant's over Gates.

Chief fans know that once Marty gets back into Arrowhead, he'll have flashbacks and change his strategy to RbbC.

Gates has a long ways to go, to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Gonzalez..........and he needs some Blockin' lessons.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Well according to this Gates isn't that good

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6663
According to any sports report, neither are the Chargers for the last decade.

John_Wayne
11-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Gates is a "flash in the pan" just like the other Tony Gonzalez wannabe's. He may put up a good season or two, but then he'll fade. Tony G puts up pro bowl numbers year after year after year.

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Gates is a "flash in the pan" just like the other Tony Gonzalez wannabe's. He may put up a good season or two, but then he'll fade. Tony G puts up pro bowl numbers year after year after year.

no, Gates will unquestionably put up great numbers year after year far exceeding those of Tony Gonzalez. Tony G. is just another winslow copy cat.

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 01:05 PM
hehe u guys r funny....look at the numbers of gates and then of ur cali boy and then come back to me...the decade of being bad? u guys go 13-3 and now ur 3-7 u should worry more about ur team...

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:06 PM
no, Gates will unquestionably put up great numbers year after year far exceeding those of Tony Gonzalez. Tony G. is just another winslow copy cat.
Yup, Winslow and Gonzalez are pretty similar in stat, excluding TDs in which Gonzalez kicks Winslows ass. What is funny is that Gonzalez still has another year to beat Winslow's ass in every other category.

And the our TE will be fantastic is getting as old as Rickey Dudley. Come back when you have the stats to back the statement.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:07 PM
hehe u guys r funny....look at the numbers of gates and then of ur cali boy and then come back to me...the decade of being bad? u guys go 13-3 and now ur 3-7 u should worry more about ur team...
Who said we weren't.... Oh excuse me.

whoo sed we uns wrnt wurried abut our team more then ur teem

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 01:09 PM
wolfman you'll find out just like eeeevery other team this year...yea look at his stats...he will kill gonzo this year in every category...not making that up just go look it up...gluck this weekend

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:09 PM
LOL! Gonzalez cant hold Gates JOCK. hell, he doesnt even get the calls anymore.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:10 PM
wolfman you'll find out just like eeeevery other team this year...yea look at his stats...he will kill gonzo this year in every category...not making that up just go look it up...gluck this weekend
I agree. His second season looks good. We heard the same thing about Rickey Dudley and Jeremy Shockey.

As I said, talk to us when he has played a few years.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
LOL! Gonzalez cant hold Gates JOCK. hell, he doesnt even get the calls anymore.
I don't think he wants to hold his jock, you seem to be doing just fine.

HolmeZz
11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....

There really are Charger fans? I thought it was just a myth.

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I agree. His second season looks good. We heard the same thing about Rickey Dudley and Jeremy Shockey.

As I said, talk to us when he has played a few years.

well considering Gates didn't even play college football and he is still putting up all pro numbers, you have to think that he will continue to get better for a long time.

KCWolfman

Yeah, they come out every +.500 season, which is about every two presidential elections.

Gerardi

well san diego is the nations 6th largest city, bigger than that HOLE your teams plays for.

ROYC75

r u 4 reeelllll weeeee reeeeeeelie unta no...... ROFL

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
well considering Gates didn't even play college football and he is still putting up all pro numbers, you have to think that he will continue to get better for a long time.
I agree, he has fantastic potential. But as I said, we have heard it about a dozen TEs. I will believe it (and gladly admit it) when I see it.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
well san diego is the nations 6th largest city, bigger than that HOLE your teams plays for.
That makes sense. So in such a large city, why can't you find enough people to sell out a stadium regularly?

Bearcat
11-24-2004, 01:14 PM

:spock:

We've gone from trying to stop a hot TE to reserving a spot in the HOF for the guy.

Get back to us in 10 years and let us know how that worked out.

ENDelt260
Give these two a couple more posts... and I'll set an over/under on their age for the gambling thread.

chileanbolt
wolf, you guys have all this talent and no wins? thats something u should put ur attention to....when u can get a RB who doesnt even have to work with that O line to actually play?

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:15 PM
That makes sense. So in such a large city, why can't you find enough people to sell out a stadium regularly?

because our citizens actually have LIVES whereas you people only have your football teams

HolmeZz
11-24-2004, 01:17 PM
because our citizens actually have LIVES whereas you people only have your football teams

If that's the case why were you talking about all those diehard Charger fans down there?

Brock
11-24-2004, 01:17 PM

Interesting excuse for not supporting your team unless it's winning.

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
If that's the case why were you talking about all those diehard Charger fans down there?

wTF?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
when I was in school we had to cut out & color turkeys made from tracing our hands

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
when I was in school we had to cut out & color turkeys made from tracing our hands

no, they don't have schools in KC. too uncivilized.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 01:22 PM

where did I go & eat paste at

tk13
11-24-2004, 01:23 PM
This might be some of the worst smack to ever grace the board. If you're going to be a troll at least be entertaining.

Gerardi
This might be some of the worst smack to ever grace the board. If you're going to be a troll at least be entertaining.
your avatar

ENDelt260
where did I go & eat paste at
*carefully climbs down to Gerardi's level*

Gerardi's mom's house! And that wasn't paste!

*covers mouth* Oooooohhhhh!!!

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 01:24 PM
ok let me tell u guys up there in missoura i know its hard to believe that u can be die hard and have lives...if u knew how SD is u would know....but i know how missoura is and i can see why u guys have a hard time trying to do both...there isnt anything to do there but be cold and eat BBQ...i would do nothing but devote my entire life too if that were the case in Americas Finest City...

ENDelt260
11-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Smack criticism just rings hollow w/out a pic of Simon Cowell.

Bearcat
11-24-2004, 01:25 PM

:spock:

Glad we're out of work at 3 today, so I can tear myself away from such great conversation. I think it kept snowing for a couple of hours after I got into work though, so I'll probably have to scrape off my horse. Hope the prairie doesn't have too much traffic today.

Brock
11-24-2004, 01:26 PM
ok let me tell u guys up there in missoura i know its hard to believe that u can be die hard and have lives...if u knew how SD is u would know....but i know how missoura is and i can see why u guys have a hard time trying to do both...there isnt anything to do there but be cold and eat BBQ...i would do nothing but devote my entire life too if that were the case in Americas Finest City...

Is English your second language? Or did you just take a nasty spill?

big nasty kcnut
11-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Take away his condom and hope he tired.

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
thats really ur comeback hehe ur almost as bad as faider fans....hehe that was a good one keep them coming...work has been boring and i needed that one....im glad that while ur team is doing so "well" u would rather spend ur energy on grammer on forums, thats nice i see why they are slowing getting closer to that top 5 pick

Iowanian
11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Get back to us when your team has won in KC within a decade..............I don't dispise the bolts like I do the Raiders and Donks, mostly out of pitty.

The Chargers have spent more time in the basement than the state of Kansas AND Oklahoma in Tornado season.

I guess someone could tell Juan Valdez that there ARE many Chief fans in Sandy Eggo...............as he would have known last season if he was watching the game, when their stadium had more RED than Blue Jerseys.

SPchief
11-24-2004, 01:39 PM
are these two for real?
Do they really think that this is quality smack?

John_Wayne
11-24-2004, 01:39 PM
no, Gates will unquestionably put up great numbers year after year far exceeding those of Tony Gonzalez. Tony G. is just another winslow copy cat. We've heard every year about some rookie TE being "the next Tony G". They never pan out long term. (i.e. Heap, Shockey, Dudley, etc.) Keep in mind that you said Gates WILL put up numbers, while Tony G HAS put up numbers. There's a big difference.

Gerardi
11-24-2004, 01:40 PM
well we all know that winslow is the greatest TE ever, even gonzo admitted that.

ENDelt260
11-24-2004, 01:41 PM
I guess someone could tell Juan Valdez that there ARE many Chief fans in Sandy Eggo...............as he would have known last season if he was watching the game, when their stadium had more RED than Blue Jerseys.

Arrowhead West...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=19654&stc=1

SPchief
11-24-2004, 01:41 PM
and your point is?

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
look i know u guys are bitter i would be too with the high expectations u guys had but please dont lower ur guys' self with the history lecture we know u guys are very well educated in that area which actually should be spent with normal everyday thinking but thats cool i dont fault u guys...next year im pretty sure u guys will be good....just work on that D...my whole thing was...werent u guys suppose to fix it last offseason? can someone tell me what moves u guys made to try to fix that problem? and why hasnt it worked? i know barber went down and he was a stud

Iowanian
11-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Bolt fans have told me that Marty has been quoted as saying that Gonzalez is a better TE than Gates, and he coached both.

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Arrowhead West...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=19654&stc=1

ROFL

Look at the upper left of the picture...there's 2 kinds of seats in that stadium -- ones filled with Chief fans and EMPTY ones...

ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I give up I can't find Gerardi

Bearcat
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
just work on that D...my whole thing was...werent u guys suppose to fix it last offseason? can someone tell me what moves u guys made to try to fix that problem? and why hasnt it worked? i know barber went down and he was a stud

They had a brilliant idea.... from Carl Peterson "Our priority was to resign the talent we have". That's what we did to fix the worst defense ever. Resign those who made it happen :banghead:

Even if you ask CP or DV today, they'll defend their offseason moves. Read the most recent Jason Whitlock article on kansascity.com... Can't blame the organization ;)

Dartgod
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
thats really ur comeback hehe ur almost as bad as faider fans....hehe that was a good one keep them coming...work has been boring and i needed that one....im glad that while ur team is doing so "well" u would rather spend ur energy on grammer on forums, thats nice i see why they are slowing getting closer to that top 5 pick
hehe....ur a dumass...hehe....

Valiant
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Did you two just pick up watching football???

Why is your stadium so full of chiefs fans???

Why did Marty say Tony G, is the best TE he ever coached, after coaching Gates???

Why is it you are skipping school??

Where were you last year with this smack???

Why do you think we had all these D upgrades this past season, agian to you follow the AFC West???

And since when did anybody say Barber was a stud???

The Bad Guy
11-24-2004, 02:31 PM

Just like Jeremy Shockey?

I love it when jackasses compare great players to older players and say they are copying their game.

What do you want Gonzalez to do? Copy Stephen Alexander's game?

ØrangeÇrush
11-24-2004, 04:06 PM
We've heard every year about some rookie TE being "the next Tony G". They never pan out long term. (i.e. Heap, Shockey, Dudley, etc.) Keep in mind that you said Gates WILL put up numbers, while Tony G HAS put up numbers. There's a big difference.

Hmm...I'd say that Tony Gonzolalez was the next Shannon Sharpe...oh and he had the numbers, including yours
:thumb:

As for these silly charger fans, where were you when you were stinking. At least the rest of the conference has a steady fan base, whilst you are all out "living your life" other fans are "living the dream" you know the one where we're competitive year in, year out. One other thing, I've lived in San Diego, and the only time that stadium sold out was when the other team was the broncos radiers, and packers. why? because your large ass city has a small small fan base.

munkey
11-24-2004, 04:09 PM
As for these silly charger fans, where were you when you were stinking. At least the rest of the conference has a steady fan base, whilst you are all out "living your life" other fans are "living the dream" you know the one where we're competitive year in, year out. One other thing, I've lived in San Diego, and the only time that stadium sold out was when the other team was the broncos radiers, and packers. why? because your large ass city has a small small fan base.

As much as I hate to do say it....

rep...

Ultra Peanut
11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
I hope Gates gets 4 TD catches.

That being said, these Charger-come-latelies are fair-weather retards.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Ahhhh, the old "we are fans, but we have other things to do".

Nice, and you have been on the internet for how many days now?

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
We have schools, and education teaching how to use capital letters as well. Hope you catch up soon.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Is English your second language? Or did you just take a nasty spill?
OMG, that is hilarious.

LiL stumppy
11-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Wow,gotta love charger fans.They finally have something to talk about this season.But its obvious Tony is a better TE and always will be because he does't just catch.He can block.I dont thinlk Gates has ever even heard of that word.

XXXshogunXXX
11-24-2004, 06:26 PM
how do you know he cant block..can you honestly say that youve watched him and see him miss blocks...Ive watched him all year, i didnt see a weakness in his blocking.

LiL stumppy
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I have watched him play and he isn't that good of a blocker.I don't have to watch him on every play in every game to see what he can and can't do.

patteeu
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
are these two for real?
Do they really think that this is quality smack?

Give them a break they haven't had much practice. The last time the Chargers had a decent team, these guys were still in grade school.

jspchief
11-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Funny. All this smack, and the only stat Gates leads Gonzo in this year is TDs. Considering we have a RB that scores more TDs than anyone else in the league, it's not that suprising.

brent102fire
11-24-2004, 07:25 PM
The Chiefs can't stop him.

royr17
11-24-2004, 09:33 PM
The chiefs wont stop him thus the reason that they cant stop nobody now and will probably make every attempt to not stop them so that they could have a losing record and get a top 5 draft pick so that they can improve that D.

XXXshogunXXX
11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Funny. All this smack, and the only stat Gates leads Gonzo in this year is TDs. Considering we have a RB that scores more TDs than anyone else in the league, it's not that suprising.

what do you mean the only stat is TDs, thats pretty important last time i checked. He also leads him in receptions, in fact the entire league in that stat. What else is more important...rushing yards for a TE?

2bikemike
11-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Wow the Charger fans finally have something to crow about other than LT. They even have some wins. Whats it been about 10 years? I guess we ought to cut them a little slack.

As far as San Diego having more to do. Yeah they do but who can't take 5 hours out of their week 8 times a year to go down to the stadium and Tailgate and support your football team. That still leaves plenty of time for hanging out at the beach. (only tourists go to Sea World and the Zoo)

Now lets get down to the stats.

Tony has 56 catches for 733 yds which is a 13.1 yd avg.

Gates has 62 catches for 703 yds for a 11.3 avg.

Advantage Tony.

Tony has 5 Tds

Gates has 9

Advantage Gates.

But in Tony's defense he plays with the Touchdown King! Who Btw has missed 2 games and still leads the league in Touchdowns.

dtebbe
11-24-2004, 10:45 PM
I hear Antonio, I think of Spagetti.

I hear gates, I think of ribs.

I hear Antionio Gates I think of Jeremy someone... oh yea the last guy who was going to unseat Gonzo. Come back in 3 years, then we'll talk. Till then, I'm enjoying my BBQ while I watch the best TE in football.. and he don't wear #85.

DT

dtebbe
11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Tony has 5 Tds

Gates has 9

Advantage Gates.

But in Tony's defense he plays with the Touchdown King! Who Btw has missed 2 games and still leads the league in Touchdowns.

Don't forget that Jason Dunn has 3 TD's, all of which were scored as the 2nd TE in the formation. Guess who was double covered, leaving Dunn wide open?

Look at last week's game, Kennisons 2 TDs were possible because of the ROUTE that Gonzo ran, both times drawing the deep safety his way. If football were hockey Gonzo would probably be close to leading the league in scoring, if you count double-teams and drawn coverage on scoring plays as an assist.

DT

Fat Elvis
11-24-2004, 11:22 PM
The chiefs wont stop him thus the reason that they cant stop nobody now and will probably make every attempt to not stop them so that they could have a losing record and get a top 5 draft pick so that they can improve that D.

Yippee. Ryan Sims V. 2.0 come on down!

Sure-Oz
11-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah I think Tony will step up to show the youngster a thing or two, imagine if Gonzo could play against our shitty D? He'd break Sharpe's single game record.

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
ROFL

Look at the upper left of the picture...there's 2 kinds of seats in that stadium -- ones filled with Chief fans and EMPTY ones...

ROFLThose aren't empty! Those are the Chargers fans!