PDA

View Full Version : Don't Be Down on Your Team

Pats Fan
11-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, one more post. I found this going through my paperwork and remembered just how bad the Pats were in 1991. I know from being here in the last week you are down on your team, but things could be worst.

Our year 1991.

New England Patriots Football - Schedule for 1991

Sept 15th ---------------------------Little Sisters of the Poor
Sept 21st ---------------------------Cub Scout Pack #122
Sept 28th ---------------------------Boston Home for the Blind
Oct 5th ---------------------------New England Home for Crippled Children
Oct 12th ----------------------------Spanish-American War Veterans
Oct 19th ----------------------------Henderson County Home for Un Wed Mothers
Nov 2nd ----------------------------Providence VD Clinic #69
Nov 9th ----------------------------Brockton Boy's Choir
Nov 16th --------------------------Korean War Veterans
Nov 23rd --------------------------VA Hospital Polio Victims

Special Monday Night Games

Dec 1st --------------------------Providencetown Home for Retired Gays (not politically correct today, but I will throw it in)

Rule Changes from Last Year

1. When playing the polio patients, Patriots must not disconnect leg braces.
2. When playing the Girl Scouts, keep your hands off their cookies.
3. When playing the Home for the Blind, don't hide the ball.

Name Changes

The New England Patriots will hereafter be referred to as the New England Tampons since they are good for one period and they have no second string.

Coaching Change

Rod Rust will be replaced by Linda Lovelace. She will no doubt blow a few, but she won't choke on the big ones.

Season Tickets

Ticket Agent: K-Mart Discount Store $19.95 (during the Blue Light Special, Buy One, Get One Free!!!)

Pats Fan
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Could be worse -- can I spell already!!!!

BIG_DADDY
11-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Coaching Change

Rod Rust will be replaced by Linda Lovelace. She will no doubt blow a few, but she won't choke on the big ones.

NICE!!!

FAX
11-24-2004, 02:06 PM
You seem like a cool person, Mr. Pats Fan. And a classy sports fan.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

FAX

cadmonkey
11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
That Oct. 5th game was pretty close though

chiefs4me
11-24-2004, 02:47 PM
I am not down on my team,, I will take the chiefs anyday over the patty melts,,I was not impressed with your teams play monday night considering you are the sb champs and only beat my team by 8 points.

Pats Fan
11-24-2004, 03:53 PM
All in good fun Chiefs4me. It is after all only a football game. Great to win, great to enjoy, a sport. On the down side, tough to lose. On the up side, your team will stay in Kansas City. The Pats will stay in Foxboro. I just hope football does not go the way of basketball and almost well some of you would say already, baseball. Football, the last great sport. Ain't it great. I have been a season ticket holder of the Pats for about 30 years (don't know the exact number) and I have gone through really, really bad years. They almost went to St. Louis one time. I appreciate having the team. If they are good, well all the better. But bottom line, it is still only a football game. That's what you learn as you get older.

As for the Pats only beating you by 8 points. Well, what does that have to do with the price of tea?? You have a pretty good team and great fans. The Pats play better at home -- as most teams. And KC is a really tough stadium to play in because of your fans. Good fans!!!

Spicy McHaggis
11-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Appreciate the effort to cheer us up. I've got nothing against the Pats, I loved watching youi guys beat Chokeland in the snow a few years back (The infamous tuck rule game) and kicking the crap out of our I-70 rivals did my heart good too. I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks and good luck with your season. I'm giving you the edge over Pittsburgh in the AFC Champ because of Tom Brady, as good as Big Ben is he is still a rookie.

Taco John
11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, one more post. I found this going through my paperwork and remembered just how bad the Pats were in 1991. I know from being here in the last week you are down on your team, but things could be worst.

Our year 1991.

New England Patriots Football - Schedule for 1991

Sept 15th ---------------------------Little Sisters of the Poor
Sept 21st ---------------------------Cub Scout Pack #122
Sept 28th ---------------------------Boston Home for the Blind
Oct 5th ---------------------------New England Home for Crippled Children
Oct 12th ----------------------------Spanish-American War Veterans
Oct 19th ----------------------------Henderson County Home for Un Wed Mothers
Nov 2nd ----------------------------Providence VD Clinic #69
Nov 9th ----------------------------Brockton Boy's Choir
Nov 16th --------------------------Korean War Veterans
Nov 23rd --------------------------VA Hospital Polio Victims

Special Monday Night Games

Dec 1st --------------------------Providencetown Home for Retired Gays (not politically correct today, but I will throw it in)

Rule Changes from Last Year

1. When playing the polio patients, Patriots must not disconnect leg braces.
2. When playing the Girl Scouts, keep your hands off their cookies.
3. When playing the Home for the Blind, don't hide the ball.

Name Changes

The New England Patriots will hereafter be referred to as the New England Tampons since they are good for one period and they have no second string.

Coaching Change

Season Tickets

Ticket Agent: K-Mart Discount Store $19.95 (during the Blue Light Special, Buy One, Get One Free!!!)

Hey! You're killing the mood here! :cuss:

crossbow
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Hey Pats Fan,

I spent some time in the boston area a few years ago on business. I loved it. What a totaly cool city. Great people, classy looking old buildings, delicious sea food, and tons of history. Didn't care for the insane driving techniques you guys use but I enjoyed the area in spite of that part. Anyway, thanks for the incouragement. Enjoy your good football team. It was a pleasure to host the Pats in Arrowhead.

bricks
11-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey Pats fan,

Our team is 3-7, we have missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. we've never had a good draft pick since 1997, we haven't won a playoff game in 11 years. It is hard not to be down about our team, when so many bad things have happened. we've been struck with a lot of bad fortune. My point is, it is easy for someone else to say, than it is for us to do. Myself for the most part, I don't know about the other fellas in here. but, for you to come in here to try and cheer us up or whatever, I thank you. No we thank you.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Gee, I hope we are not as bad as your team's '91 edition Pats Fan.

bricks
11-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Gee, I hope we are not as bad as your team's '91 edition Pats Fan.

Oh were well on our way as long as Carl stays as the GM.