PDA

View Full Version : Warfield DUI Charges.

jettio
11-24-2004, 06:30 PM
At 3-7 and since it appears that Warfield will get convicted on the charge and will get a four game suspension by the NFL, who thinks he would ask for a disposition from the prosecutor and court in time for the NFL to tag him with the four game suspension this season.

Would seem that the Chiefs won't miss their best CB now that the season is already all but over.

I am not sure which would be better for the Chiefs, If they went into the offseason knowing that Warfield was going to miss the first four games, they may try harder to get a quality CB.

OTOH, if they don't upgrade the position, not having Warfield available would be more detrimental next year than in this lost season.

I think the Chiefs will regain their edge next year with a few upgrades.

jspchief
11-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Actually a good idea. I hate the idea of rolling over, but at the same time, I'd rather take my lumps in a fight I've already lost, than postpone them until round one of the next fight.

tk13
11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
That's an interesting question. We probably aren't going to have either Warfield or Barber at the beginning of next year....

FAX
11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
An excellent idea, Mr. jettio. My compliments.

FAX

morphius
11-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Absoluty! Take the 4 game suspension and hope that you doesn't get a year in jail, though that would prob make him think twice about it.

Alphaman
11-24-2004, 06:39 PM
At 3-7 and since it appears that Warfield will get convicted on the charge and will get a four game suspension by the NFL, who thinks he would ask for a disposition from the prosecutor and court in time for the NFL to tag him with the four game suspension this season.

Would seem that the Chiefs won't miss their best CB now that the season is already all but over.

I am not sure which would be better for the Chiefs, If they went into the offseason knowing that Warfield was going to miss the first four games, they may try harder to get a quality CB.

OTOH, if they don't upgrade the position, not having Warfield available would be more detrimental next year than in this lost season.

I think the Chiefs will regain their edge next year with a few upgrades.

:clap:

Well done. Actually, I think it will only be a 2 game suspension.

morphius
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
:clap:

Well done. Actually, I think it will only be a 2 game suspension.
Thats true, that is what the guy in MN got for he same thing...

Oh wait, we are KC, and Tags love to screw us. We will probably end up losing a 2nd round draft pick for this... :D

stevieray
11-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Thats true, that is what the guy in MN got for he same thing...

Oh wait, we are KC, and Tags love to screw us. We will probably end up losing a 2nd round draft pick for this... :D

He'll reward it to the Invescos.

morphius
11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
He'll reward it to the Invescos.
No, it will be StL, he will just let the donx cheat on the cap instead...

Bob Dole
11-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Bob Dole is supposed to meet with Warfield's mother next week. It's such a dandy idea, Bob Dole will try to work it into the conversation.

patteeu
11-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I think that's a great idea. I'd like to see it happen because I don't think we will be replacing Warfield this offseason.

Spicy McHaggis
11-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Eric Warfield is a street thug.

Rausch
11-24-2004, 09:41 PM
I think EW needs to do what's right. If he's got a problem I'd recomend doing his time this season and getting treatment in the offseason.

If he doesn't, and he just fugged up, I really don't care...

KingPriest2
11-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Actually I don't think he will get suspended from playing. This is what I have been hearing.

2bikemike
11-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Actually I don't think he will get suspended from playing. This is what I have been hearing.

He will definately be suspended. He's been in this mess before making him a repeat offender. I would be willing to bet its 4 games too.

KingPriest2
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
He will definately be suspended. He's been in this mess before making him a repeat offender. I would be willing to bet its 4 games too.

I rem when it came about that they were saying he was not going to be suspended.

2bikemike
11-24-2004, 10:23 PM
I rem when it came about that they were saying he was not going to be suspended.

Once he's convicted we'll find out. But I look for him to miss a few games.

Well I guess I should say if he's convicted in keeping with the Presumed innocent thing.

jettio
11-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was automatic that he would get a 4-gamer but could be wrong.

Warfield would have been wise to hire a driver once he got his license suspended, he is going to lose a lot more money now than it would have cost.

patteeu
11-25-2004, 11:05 AM

Could it be that you heard he wouldn't be suspended as a result of the arrest? Until his conviction, the NFL won't do anything, but I'm guessing he's in for a suspension once he's found (or pleads) guilty. I haven't heard any indication otherwise.