PDA

View Full Version : OJ Picks Golf over Paying Civil Damages

KCChiefsFan88
11-24-2004, 08:37 PM
What better way to get into the holiday spirit than with an OJ article

O.J. picks golf over paying civil damages
FOXSports.com
Posted: 3 hours ago

O.J. Simpson has vowed to "play golf every day" rather than pay Fred Goldman a cent toward the $33.5 million in civil damages he owes after allegedly killing Goldman's son Ron and ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, according to the N.Y. Daily News.

"If I have to work to pay them, then I won't work. It's that simple," Simpson, 57, told a TV crew. "So I'll just play golf every day."
Simpson's tirade came after a judge ordered a friend of the former football star's to hand over Simpson's 1984 Olympic press passes for possible sale to help satisfy the judgment.

Simpson also fired a cruel cheap shot at Fred Goldman, saying, "He didn't care about his son when he was alive." He also accused Goldman of trying to "make money" off his son "in the grave."

The News cited Alfred Beardsley, a Burbank, Calif. business man, who said he had no idea how much Simpson's Olympic press passes would fetch. But he said other O.J. memorabilia could go for as little as $125 per item.

A civil jury in 1997 found Simpson responsible for the 1994 stabbing deaths of his ex-wife and Goldman, who were found dead outside her Brentwood, Calif., condo.

A criminal jury previously acquitted Simpson of murder charges.

However, only an estimated $500,000 (from the $33.5 million) has been collected thus far from the sale of Simpson's personal property. That included his Heisman trophy, which reportedly sold for $250,000.

The Bad Guy
11-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Someone should just shoot Simpson already and get it over with

SoCalBronco
11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
he got good advice in moving to FLA. Besides Texas, its the only state with almost bulletproof homestead rules. He can put alot of dough into his house and they cant touch it. They also cant touch his NFL pension. He is pretty much safe from paying off the judgment.

Phobia
11-24-2004, 08:45 PM
I'd give $1.25 for the bloody glove.

Gil Grisholm would have nailed OJ's ass long ago.

Braincase
11-24-2004, 09:05 PM
O.J.'s relentless pursuit of the real killers.

Valiant
11-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Everybody knows if somebody off'ed your ex, and a courth order forcing you to pay for damages you all would be playing golf instead also...

Valiant
11-24-2004, 09:22 PM
What would happen if he sold the shit cheap to a friend??? or just gave it away...

Rausch
11-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Everybody knows if somebody off'ed your ex, and a courth order forcing you to pay for damages you all would be playing golf instead also...

I've got a leprechaun trap I'll sell you. Cheap...

SBK
11-24-2004, 09:50 PM
His money was all in his IRA, which is untouchable by anyone except a spouse in a divorce.

Rausch
11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
His money was all in his IRA, which is untouchable by anyone except a spouse in a divorce.

Wow. And she's dead.

No motive there...

Brando
11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I see the makings of a good reality show here.
Set up O.J. with Paris Hilton and then have cheat on him with some male pop sensation. Shit..that Simon prick from American Idol.
He off's them freeing us from ever hearing about either one of them again and he makes some scratch to pay off his debt.
Anyone watch this?

Hydrae
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
How many times do I have to tell you people, OJ is innocent?

Kato did it! :D

KCJake
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
I don't see what the big deal is? O.J. was found NOT GUILTY. If you were found NOT GUILTY, would you say, "ok, I was responsible for the death of your son, here is 33.5 million." Hell no you wouldn't. Once O.J. said, "im innocent." And the jury said, "not guilty." That was the end of it.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-25-2004, 09:05 AM
If OJ is guilty why would he work to pay off the debt?

If OJ is innocent why should he work to pay off the debt

Ari Chi3fs
11-25-2004, 09:10 AM
I like O.J.

its refreshing.

http://z.about.com/f/p/300/r.gif

Wile_E_Coyote
11-25-2004, 09:14 AM
I like O.J.

its refreshing.

http://z.about.com/f/p/300/r.gif
Oh you like the kind that CAN be squeezed

edit: maybe that should be HAS been squeezed

Boozer
11-25-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't see what the big deal is? O.J. was found NOT GUILTY. If you were found NOT GUILTY, would you say, "ok, I was responsible for the death of your son, here is 33.5 million." Hell no you wouldn't. Once O.J. said, "im innocent." And the jury said, "not guilty." That was the end of it.

Because the jury in the civil case said he's liable. There are different standards of proof. While a criminal jury must find "beyond a reasonable doubt," a civil jury must find only "by a preponderance of the evidence." So if a jury is 60% sure he "did it," they'd have to acquit in a criminal case, but find the defendant liable in a civil case.

Oh, and judgment-dodging is a great American tradition. Go O.J.

dtebbe
11-25-2004, 10:22 AM
How many times do I have to tell you people, OJ is innocent?

Kato did it! :D

Don't you mean Kato HIT it?

DT