PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to wish everybody out there a happy and wonderful thanksgiving and too stay out of trouble.

Happy Thanksgiving Chiefsplanet and all the members.

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Let's not forget Roy! This year we give thanks for Rich Scanlon! :D

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Oh do you mean give thanks for Kawika Mitchell ? :p

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Oh do you mean give thanks for Kawika Mitchell ? :p

NO NO! My eyes! I can't believe you typed that. I think that him and Dexter were manufactured from the same sperm.

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:36 AM
NO NO! My eyes! I can't believe you typed that. I think that him and Dexter were manufactured from the same sperm.

Maybe you never know, but we sure are having a great season since Kawika is in the middle arent we ?

Oh where, oh where would we be with out the GREAT Kawika Mitchell. ROFL

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Maybe you never know, but we sure are having a great season since Kawika is in the middle arent we ?

Oh where, oh where would we be with out the GREAT Kawika Mitchell. ROFL

I think that I would have rather seen Maz out there on a wooden leg.

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I think that I would have rather seen Maz out there on a wooden leg.

I was just kidding, naw i really think Scanlon is the real deal, too bad he wont see the field due to our dumb coaching staff stickin with Mitchell.

Id take a slow Maz any day over Mitchell. Id take him over Mitchell even if he was 50 years old cause thats how bad i think Mitchell sucks, Hell Greg Manusky would still be better than Mitchell.

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
I was just kidding, naw i really think Scanlon is the real deal, too bad he wont see the field due to our dumb coaching staff stickin with Mitchell.

Id take a slow Maz any day over Mitchell. Id take him over Mitchell even if he was 50 years old cause thats how bad i think Mitchell sucks, Hell Greg Manusky would still be better than Mitchell.

At 3-7 they've got to get to a point where they give him and Fox a shot at some PT. It's not like the three that they are running out there are playing any better than me with my balls.
Scanlon at least has some heart and that is exactly what this D could use right about now.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Back at ya, Roy Jr. :thumb:

Happy Turkey Day. :)

Phobia
11-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Happy Turkey day, Roy III. Manusky was a shitty LB, but he tore it up on special teams. That's good enough for me.

tk13
11-25-2004, 12:47 AM
I heard Rich Scanlon was so hungry that he killed and skinned his Thanksgiving bird with his own bare hands!

Happy Thanksgiving!

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:49 AM
IMHO, Scanlon would be a great leader, Maz was the leader of the D last year, and when he went out with a injury, what happened ?

Exactly, Mitchell didnt know what to do, and although he may be a very nice person he doesnt have the football instincts that it takes to be a MLB.

So therefore i think he would be better off on the outside than on the inside.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 12:52 AM

Dude, now you're just being silly. Have a take and don't suck.... or something like that.

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
IMHO, Scanlon would be a great leader, Maz was the leader of the D last year, and when he went out with a injury, what happened ?

Exactly, Mitchell didnt know what to do, and although he may be a very nice person he doesnt have the football instincts that it takes to be a MLB.

I'm not convinced he's a good enough tackler to play OLB. I'm not very high on Mitchell at all. I think that as bad as our secondary is our corps of linebackers is even more piss-poor.

royr17
Mitchell has speed let him burn it on the outside if i do recall correctly he was a OLB in college for switching to MLB his senior year.

Brando
Dude, now you're just being silly. Have a take and don't suck.... or something like that.
Without the nicks and cuts of a blade.

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:56 AM
I would have to agree with you brando, i saw him trying to make too many shirt tackles against the patriots and that just wont cut it, he better improve or he's gone.

The Bad Guy
11-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Seriously though, how the heck do you know Scanlon would be a good leader?

royr17
11-25-2004, 12:58 AM
So, Brando, tell me if you are a syracuse fan, do you have the slightest clue on why Scanlon didnt get drafted, I mean him and Keyaron Fox was on Gil Brandt's top 10 list of linebackers in the draft.

So what really has me wondering is why he didnt get drafted.

Brando
11-25-2004, 12:59 AM

He showed tremendous leadership in college. He's a blue collar player. He gives everything he's got. Those types of players don't exist anymore.

Hammock Parties

Scanlon has no weaknesses. Duh!

royr17

I dont, but from the very little i saw of him, it gave me a good indication that he would, also the fact while in college when he was on the field the team never lossed, and that he was a positive influence on the team.

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Oh and by the way Username, Happy Thanksgiving and quit posting so damn much ... jeez.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Oh and by the way Username, Happy Thanksgiving and quit posting so damn much ... jeez.

I'll post as much as I want, thankyou.

tk13
11-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Before having his turkey, Rich Scanlon eats a bowl of rusty nails with milk for breakfast. Tetanus is Rich Scanlon's little bitch.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Before having his turkey, Rich Scanlon eats a bowl of rusty nails with milk for breakfast. Tetanus is Rich Scanlon's little bitch.

I hope the Chiefs start Rich Scanlon for the rest of the season. That way we can all see how much he SUCKS and I won't have to read any of these retarded jokes anymore. :banghead:

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:08 AM
I heard that he walks in to Go Chicken Go and proceeds to devour every urinal cake in the joint.

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:09 AM
How in the hell could my Thanksgiving thread turn into a Rich Scanlon thread ???

tk13
11-25-2004, 01:10 AM
I hope the Chiefs start Rich Scanlon for the rest of the season. That way we can all see how much he SUCKS and I won't have to read any of these retarded jokes anymore. :banghead:
Are you calling my joke retarded? :shake:

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
How in the hell could my Thanksgiving thread turn into a Rich Scanlon thread ???
Unfortunately Roy+Brando always turns to Rich Scanlon

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Are you calling my joke retarded?

tk, thats nothing new, plus he thinks everybody is retarded except for himself, so he trys to play superrior over everybody.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:13 AM
tk, thats nothing new, plus he thinks everybody is retarded except for himself, so he trys to play superrior over everybody.

That's false roy. Very false.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm starting to think that Username is really Morrisey. Not gay just into f*cking himself and being pompous.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Are you calling my joke retarded? :shake:

At this point, ALL Rich Scanlon jokes are retarded.

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately Roy+Brando always turns to Rich Scanlon

Hey thats fire, dont worry about it cause once he gets on the field and starts impressing everybody that had said anything bad about him are going to bow down to you, me, and my dad and worship us about giving the guy a chance.

He'll get his chance, he will most definately get his chance.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Hey thats fire, dont worry about it cause once he gets on the field and starts impressing everybody that had said anything bad about him are going to bow down to you, me, and my dad and worship us about giving the guy a chance.

I just don't know if it will be on the Chefs my man.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:17 AM

I have bad news for you Roy. Rich Scanlon will not start at middle linebacker unless Kawika Mitchell gets hurt.

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
well brando it better not be on a different team, cause it is im gonna have one of the biggest fits anybody would ever see ...

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
I have bad news for you Roy. Rich Scanlon will not start at middle linebacker unless Kawika Mitchell gets hurt.
What..that hasn't happend before? I can't believe that Gun would tolerate his shitty play much longer.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:20 AM
What..that hasn't happend before? I can't believe that Gun would tolerate his shitty play much longer.

I guess it could happen again...

Phobia

You and Rich are forever joined. If he starts and kicks ass, you're a demigod. If he fails, your entire life is ruined.

This is why I don't gamble my life away on scrubs. Look what it did to Bob Dole and his Dante Hall infatuation; denise and her Rich Gannon stuff; njchief and Mike Cloud.... need I go on? This thing will make or break you. Your future is in the hands of Rich Scanlon. That's frightening to me and not only because I've seen his picture....

royr17

Maybe not this season you dumbshit, but he'll get his chance and whenever he does he will shine, mark my words.

tk13
11-25-2004, 01:21 AM
You and Rich are forever joined. If he starts and kicks ass, you're a demigod. If he fails, your entire life is ruined.

This is why I don't gamble my life away on scrubs. Look what it did to Bob Dole and his Dante Hall infatuation; denise and her Rich Gannon stuff; njchief and Mike Cloud.... need I go on? This thing will make or break you. Your future is in the hands of Rich Scanlon. That's frightening to me and not only because I've seen his picture....
That's why I stick to All-Pro's like Trent Green.... :)

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:22 AM
well brando it better not be on a different team, cause it is im gonna have one of the biggest fits anybody would ever see ...

I hope you don't hurt yourself and wear one of those helmets to protect yourself from yourself.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:22 AM

I would cut him some slack. It's a lot better than someone that goes to Penney's and pics up the 31 Holmes jersey. Kids got guts if nothing else.

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:23 AM

LOL, and whats is gonna be my conviction if he doesnt shine ? :rolleyes:

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:25 AM
That's why I stick to All-Pro's like Trent Green.... :)

Are you talking about the Trent Green who has thrown red zone interceptions in 3 of our losses this year or the Trent Green who holds the ball like Drew Bledsoe on the final play of the game? Be careful who you marry yourself to.... ;)

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Maybe not this season you dumbshit, but he'll get his chance and whenever he does he will shine, mark my words.

If he can beat out the rest in training camp next year, more power to him.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:27 AM
I would cut him some slack. It's a lot better than someone that goes to Penney's and pics up the 31 Holmes jersey. Kids got guts if nothing else.

Bah - he's parroting everything out of his old man's mouth. Which, is cool. He likes his Dad - I admire that.

I'm just flipping the Roys hell. They know me well enough to know it's all in fun. Roy III knows I got his back when he really needs me.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:28 AM
LOL, and whats is gonna be my conviction if he doesnt shine ? :rolleyes:

I'm going to change your name to gochiefs.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:29 AM

ROFL

tk13
11-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Are you talking about the Trent Green who has thrown red zone interceptions in 3 of our losses this year or the Trent Green who holds the ball like Drew Bledsoe on the final play of the game? Be careful who you marry yourself to.... ;)
It's the official's fault. 100%. :)

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:31 AM
STOP pimping Rich Scanlon immediately! It's time to jump on the Kris Wilson bandwagon Roy!

royr17
11-25-2004, 01:32 AM

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

If you do that my life is ruined for sure, history, no getting laid, no gf, no wife, everything. Plz i beg you dont change my name to gochiefs. :p

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:35 AM
It's the official's fault. 100%. :)

I agree. A round of hugs on Dick Vermeil. We didn't make the playoffs this year, but at least our ****ing self esteem is high. Oh, and our salaries, too. And the price of beer in Arrowhead. Oh yeah, and everything else in a mile radius of Arrowhead.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:38 AM
I agree. A round of hugs on Dick Vermeil. We didn't make the playoffs this year, but at least our ****ing self esteem is high. Oh, and our salaries, too. And the price of beer in Arrowhead. Oh yeah, and everything else in a mile radius of Arrowhead.
C'mon man..it could be worse. At least the Royals had a good year.

tk13
11-25-2004, 01:38 AM
And the Wiz made the finals.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:41 AM
And the Wiz made the finals.
Tony Meola has been sitting a few seats down from me this season. The fiance went to the game with me Monday night and I pointed him out. She could have given a flying shit off a dead camels ass. I was very disappointed.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 01:42 AM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

If you do that my life is ruined for sure, history, no getting laid, no gf, no wife, everything. Plz i beg you dont change my name to gochiefs. :p

It's OK roy. Just don't tell your future wife about Chiefsplanet.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:44 AM

I'm just a little bitter. I get my ass nearly shot off in Kuwait and get paid $750 a month, including hazardous duty pay. I **** up one thing temporarily at work over a holiday weekend with zero ramifications, recover all the data before anybody is negatively impacted and I get the pink slip. But these pieces of shit can continue to stink up the field every damn weekend only to get hugs, paychecks, homemade cookies, and wine. WTF kind of program is Dick Vermeil running and where the hell do I sign up? Christ almighty. Why the hell couldn't I have just been a ****ing bandwagon fan.

Maybe it's time for me to go post in Jamies "I'm Drunk" thread before I say something I'll regret.

Logical
11-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Happy Turkey day to the Roys and to all you other galoots.

Cmon when was the last time you heard the word galoots.:D

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Tony Meola has been sitting a few seats down from me this season.

Yeah, he should retire along with the rest of that TD Wolfpack band. IMO.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm just a little bitter. I get my ass nearly shot off in Kuwait and get paid $750 a month, including hazardous duty pay. I **** up one thing temporarily at work over a holiday weekend with zero ramifications, recover all the data before anybody is negatively impacted and I get the pink slip. But these pieces of shit can continue to stink up the field every damn weekend only to get hugs, paychecks, homemade cookies, and wine. WTF kind of program is Dick Vermeil running and where the hell do I sign up? Christ almighty. Why the hell couldn't I have just been a ****ing bandwagon fan.

Maybe it's time for me to go post in Jamies "I'm Drunk" thread before I say something I'll regret.

It's important to remember that being a true fan is a lot like a marriage. You've got to endure the trying and tough times to really enjoy the good times. Those good times keep you coming back through times like this.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Happy Turkey day to the Roys and to all you other galoots.

Cmon when was the last time you heard the word galoots.:D

2 lines before you asked the question. That was an easy one, Jim. You should ask more difficult questions in the future.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah, he should retire along with the rest of that TD Wolfpack band. IMO.
Yeah..I recorded the game and watched it again yesterday..not the most impressing sounding thing in the background on MNF.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:47 AM
It's important to remember that being a true fan is a lot like a marriage.

You mean all I have to do is fork over $20,000 and my left nut and I'll be free? Sign my ass up.

Logical
11-25-2004, 01:49 AM
2 lines before you asked the question. That was an easy one, Jim. You should ask more difficult questions in the future.

I will work on it, the rest of the board is not nearly as smart as you though.:clap:

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:49 AM
You mean all I have to do is fork over $20,000 and my left nut and I'll be free? Sign my ass up.
LMAO..think of Carl as your crazy ex and you'll be all set :) He leaves you broke and bloody assed.

Brando
11-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Phobia..you still looking for work?

Phobia
11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Phobia..you still looking for work?

Always. We've been kinda busy, lately. We have a full basement to finish starting next week and another potential which may involve some travel. I'd rather not travel, but December is notoriously slow, so it may become necessary this year.

Brando
11-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Always. We've been kinda busy, lately. We have a full basement to finish starting next week and another potential which may involve some travel. I'd rather not travel, but December is notoriously slow, so it may become necessary this year.

What kind of skills do you have? I work for a mortage co that has been hiring quite a bit in the IT department. If not that there are a bunch of other openings. I might be able to get your resume in the right persons hands.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Oh. I used to be a Network Consultant. I've actually been out of the IT field for almost 3 years. I doubt I'll come back unless it's at a director level and that's unlikely. I've lost touch with much of the fast moving hi-tech side due to inactivity. Now I have my own construction/remodeling company.

I presume you asked based upon that rant I posted earlier - that was my last fulltime IT related fulltime job. Heh heh. Sometimes I wish I had that job still, but I'm pretty happy to be out of the Fortune 500 political climate. I appreciate the kind offer of assistance, though.

Brando
11-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh. I used to be a Network Consultant. I've actually been out of the IT field for almost 3 years. I doubt I'll come back unless it's at a director level and that's unlikely. I've lost touch with much of the fast moving hi-tech side due to inactivity. Now I have my own construction/remodeling company.

I presume you asked based upon that rant I posted earlier - that was my last fulltime IT related fulltime job. Heh heh. Sometimes I wish I had that job still, but I'm pretty happy to be out of the Fortune 500 political climate. I appreciate the kind offer of assistance, though.

No problem man :thumb: I respect what you do. I want to give up the cubicle rat race in order to actually accomplish something with a days work.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 02:49 AM
It's important to remember that being a true fan is a lot like a marriage. You've got to endure the trying and tough times to really enjoy the good times. Those good times keep you coming back through times like this.

Absolutely.

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2004, 03:48 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!Oh, **** off!

Frankie
11-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Ho,ho,ho.....Mer... ooops, I guess that's not the right one! Let me try again:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE. The day of too much bad football and too much good turkey. But enjoy it anyway. :toast:

teedubya
11-25-2004, 09:22 AM
hope nobody kills any of their annoying relatives today.

memyselfI
11-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I hope everyone enjoys this most joyous of days!!!

ROYC75
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Happy Turkey Day to the biggest group of organized turkeys I have ever been associated with in my 47 years of life ! :thumb:

Happy day to the big galoot on the west coast ! ROFL ( I mentioned this to my son in law last week, it's an old timers saying ) ROFL

Phobia
11-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Happy day, football fans. I'm 'bout to drop a bird in some grease.

stevieray
11-25-2004, 10:34 AM
At first I was thankful my car wreck wasn't worse, and then I was was thankful my girls weren't hurt worse in their accident.

this morning,(looking like rocky) long story short, my oldest tells me "we look at what's on the inside", and my youngest says " i don't care what you look like daddy, I'll always love you"

I'm thankful for the unconditional love of my wife and kids. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful children. They are great kids. It saddens me to think that some people out there never know what this feels like.

Please, if you can, go out of your way to tell someone Happy Thanksgiving today.... Enjoy your family. Give.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I'm proud to call you friends.

RNR
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
At first I was thankful my car wreck wasn't worse, and then I was was thankful my girls weren't hurt worse in their accident.

this morning,(looking like rocky) long story short, my oldest tells me "we look at what's on the inside", and my youngest says " i don't care what you look like daddy, I'll always love you"

I'm thankful for the unconditional love of my wife and kids. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful children. They are great kids. It saddens me to think that some people out there never know what this feels like.

Please, if you can, go out of your way to tell someone Happy Thanksgiving today.... Enjoy your family. Give.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I'm proud to call you friends. Sorry to hear about the wreck but glad to hear you and yours are ok.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Happy day, football fans. I'm 'bout to drop a bird in some grease.

Don't forget to flip the bird too.

Eh, otherwise it'll be burned on one side.

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 04:04 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL YOU WONDERFUL CHIEF FANS,,,,,,hope you and your families have a great day.
We just got done eating and it was wonderful. Of course everybody ate to much and now they want a nap,,,I told them as soon as the dishes were done they could all have one.ROFL

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 04:12 PM

Well I hope YOUR day is going better then your night did.;)