PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Carl has claimed we will rebuild in FA this year...

SNR
11-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Dexter McCleon
Shaun Barber
Vonnie Holliday

Remember his last attempt at "rebuilding the D through FA?" :banghead:

I'm not expecting much this offseason. Big name guys like Hartwell, Smoot, Abraham.... you can pretty much forget about.

Hydrae
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I was thinking about this this morning. Look at our defense and you see mostly our own draft picks. Look at the offense and you see Roaf, Priest, Green and both WRs were brought in as FAs. So my question has to be, why are we so terrible at developing our own draft picks? :shrug:

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:23 AM
To be fair, Carl has had some very good FA signings too. Starting with DT Dan Saleamua. And let's not forget, what's his name. Some RB. Priest something or other!

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:24 AM
I was thinking about this this morning. Look at our defense and you see mostly our own draft picks. Look at the offense and you see Roaf, Priest, Green and both WRs were brought in as FAs. So my question has to be, why are we so terrible at developing our own draft picks? :shrug:

Roaf and Green were trades.

Hydrae
11-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Roaf and Green were trades.

They were not developed here is my point.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Okay, Carl has claimed we will rebuild in FA this year....

Link?

Antway, it's not the overall quality of Carl's FA signings that I have an issue with. It's his inactivity last year when we could have addressed our CB problem from a large pool of quality DBs.

Oh, I didn't like signing Barber over the available Takeo Spikes either, the year before.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:31 AM
They were not developed here is my point.

Gotcha. Do we develop anybody anymore? Shields is the last one coming to mind among our current players drafted by the Chiefs.

bricks
11-25-2004, 11:35 AM
if Carl can't build this defense in 4 years, there is no way he is going to do it in year. He had his chances to build the defense, and failed. The smart thing for him to do is come out and admit it. Re-sign, take his papers and go elsewhere. :harumph: I hate to sound cold. But, he failed.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:40 AM
if Carl can't build this defense in 4 years, there is no way he is going to do it in year. He had his chances to build the defense, and failed. The smart thing for him to do is come out and admit it. Re-sign, take his papers and go elsewhere. :harumph: I hate to sound cold. But, he failed.

"Re-sign?" :hmmm: ... Is that the Planet term for "resign?" ;)

bricks
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
"Re-sign?" :hmmm: ... Is that the Planet term for "resign?" ;)

As in quit. Anyway you guys want to put I guess. :)

Coach
11-25-2004, 11:51 AM

That's what I was thinking awhile ago. Carl Peterson, IMHO, is very inconsistent in terms of doing his job. I think a consistent GM is a person who can get his team in the playoffs almost every year, and bringing in some players to fill a position need, no matter what. Carl was that in the early to mid 90's, but right now, he's lacking in that dept.

I think it's time to get new blood, meaning, scrap everyone in the front office and build up a new one. I would like Pioli (sp) from New England or someone from Philly.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 11:54 AM
That's what I was thinking awhile ago. Carl Peterson, IMHO, is very inconsistent in terms of doing his job. I think a consistent GM is a person who can get his team in the playoffs almost every year, and bringing in some players to fill a position need, no matter what. Carl was that in the early to mid 90's, but right now, he's lacking in that dept.

I think it's time to get new blood, meaning, scrap everyone in the front office and build up a new one. I would like Pioli (sp) from New England or someone from Philly.

Don't forget, some changes in the D-coaching staff would be a GOOD thing too.

bricks
11-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey coach to back up what you said, you know what I honestly believe,
remember how Bill Parcells always stated, "you are what your record is".
Here's my belief, "you are what your GM is". It really shows on our franchise.
Not making the playoffs 6 out the last 7 years. not winning a playoff game in 11 years. Failure to draft a good player in 7 years. This is a true reflection on our GM.

Coach
11-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Don't forget, some changes in the D-coaching staff would be a GOOD thing too.

Gunther can stay. I don't have a problem with him. He's doing his best as he can with this limited talented weak-ass players we got. However, the other coaches, they can go.

Frankie
11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
"Okay, Carl has claimed we will rebuild in FA this year... "

OK, once again: Where did you see/hear that?

Frankie
11-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Gunther can stay. I don't have a problem with him. He's doing his best as he can with this limited talented weak-ass players we got. However, the other coaches, they can go.

Agreed. I cannot think of any of our defensive position coaches that I will miss. I think also that Gun should have a say on the new 'D' coaches hired. That would be on DV, and a classy gesture to Gun.

SNR
11-25-2004, 01:05 PM
"Okay, Carl has claimed we will rebuild in FA this year... "

OK, once again: Where did you see/hear that?Press conference on 810 after the NE loss.... maybe it was the NO loss, I can't remember

SNR
11-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104910&page=5)

Frankie
11-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104910&page=5)

Thanks. I missed that thread.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Gotcha. Do we develop anybody anymore? Shields is the last one coming to mind among our current players drafted by the Chiefs.

Waters, Richardson, Gonzo, and Shields on offense.

Browning, Hicks, Sims, Fujita, Warfield, Bartee, Wesley, Woods....

Hell, all of them on defense except McCleon, Barber, and Dalton. Maybe that's the frick'n problem.

SNR
11-25-2004, 02:49 PM

Hell, all of them on defense except McCleon, Barber, and Dalton. Maybe that's the frick'n problem.Actually, Richardson was a rookie free agent with the Sowboys before he came to us.

Tribal Warfare
11-25-2004, 07:05 PM
**** what Carl had his chance his should be fired. No leeway after hearing 16 years of his bullshit

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Actually, Richardson was a rookie free agent with the Sowboys before he came to us.

Same with Waters.

digi2fish
11-25-2004, 08:54 PM
am I having a deja-vu on this thread...?

SNR
11-25-2004, 09:05 PM
am I having a deja-vu on this thread...?I said the thread header someplace else, too. Not sure where.

At least it's not roy's post that he keeps repeating

philfree
11-25-2004, 09:08 PM
On todays NFL telecast I believe it was Collinsworth I heard say that with the increase in TV revenues the next few years most teams will have enough cap room to do what they want in regards to free agency.

PhilFree :arrow:

tk13
11-25-2004, 09:12 PM
On todays NFL telecast I believe it was Collinsworth I heard say that with the increase in TV revenues the next few years most teams will have enough cap room to do what they want in regards to free agency.

Calling Mr. Snyder... Mr. Dan Snyder, and Mr. Jones, Mr. Jerry Jones... free agency, party of two...

philfree
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Calling Mr. Snyder... Mr. Dan Snyder, and Mr. Jones, Mr. Jerry Jones... free agency, party of two...

I was thinking along those lines. That the guys with the money for big signing bonus' will get the best players. The Cowboys and Redskins both need offensive talent more then they need D though so it really shouldn't matter to us.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2004, 10:00 PM
with the increase in TV revenues the next few years most teams will have enough cap room to do what they want in regards to free agency

except us ... with carl around we will ALWAYS be tight against the cap

Logical
11-25-2004, 10:27 PM
if Carl can't build this defense in 4 years, there is no way he is going to do it in year. He had his chances to build the defense, and failed. The smart thing for him to do is come out and admit it. Re-sign, take his papers and go elsewhere. :harumph: I hate to sound cold. But, he failed.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Logical
11-25-2004, 10:34 PM

Hell, all of them on defense except McCleon, Barber, and Dalton. Maybe that's the frick'n problem.

Browning - ok
Hicks - a one year wonder but given where we got him that is a maybe
Fujita - I am not as impressed as some of you - a definite maybe
Warfield - ok
Bartee - sorry a draft failure in my book
Wesley - not that impressed
Woods - ok but he is beyond his useful shelf life obviously

On offense I believe we can add Dunn