PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lilja playing with the starting O on colts

Big Chief Homer
11-25-2004, 10:52 AM
just saw Lilja on the first td manning threw.

way to go DV he wasnt good enough for our team but hes good enough to play with the colts.

i know dv thought no one would pick him up and wanted to keep him,but is he out of touch or what.geez

p.s. Baker just shanked one out of bounds.Thats a move im happy about.

nascher
11-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Jap both OG's are Injured

Damn Carl ;)

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
WTF is with those retro Lions' uniforms?

Big Chief Homer
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Jap both OG's are Injured

Damn Carl ;)

point is?!?!?!?!?

both our guards are old(still great,but old)

we need to start developing some replacements,but dv keeps gettting rid of good projects and keeps the shitheads.Jap

jAZ
11-25-2004, 11:27 AM
I was thinking that I thought they looked kinda cool...

Ultra simple.

Coach
11-25-2004, 11:40 AM

Usually on Thanksgiving, teams wear throwback jerseys. IIRC, the Chicago/Dallas game later today, they both also will be wearing throwback jerseys. Chicago's jersey is orange. Nasty jersey.

alanm
11-25-2004, 11:53 AM
That's the crapshoot of putting a guy on waivers. Sure we wanted to keep him but we weren't going to waive Williams, Black or our 7th rounder Sampson-? who had impressed the coaches more than Lilja. Had he passed waivers he'd still be on the practice squad. This is the one area the Chiefs have excelled at through the years. That is their ability to draft and develope Offensive linemen. Their blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to QB's, RB's and defensive personnel but they always seem to find great Olinemen.:thumb:

chop
11-25-2004, 01:21 PM
point is?!?!?!?!?

we need to start developing some replacements,but dv keeps gettting rid of good projects and keeps the shitheads.Jap

Shields may be getting a little long in the tooth but Waters is still young.

nascher
11-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Maybe we have a Great O-Line Coach ;) !!!

KC Kings
11-25-2004, 01:49 PM
point is?!?!?!?!?

Point is that the only reason he is starting is because of injuries. We brought him into camp and he wasn't good enough to make the team. Nobody can argue the importance of young lineman as we watch Willie Roaf look like he can barely make it from the huddle to the goal line. He hobbles so bad he can't have more than one more season left in him. However, we had a lot more holes to try to shore up on defense, than to keep a back up lineman. Hindsight is 20/20 but this wasn't a horrible move on anybodies part.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I was thinking that I thought they looked kinda cool...

Ultra simple.
Yeah in an underfunded high school sort of way.

Saulbadguy
11-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Lilja isn't a superior athlete by any means, but he is a bright kid.