PDA

View Full Version : Slow NFL newsday poop

Wile_E_Coyote
11-25-2004, 09:19 PM
TAMPA - Charles Lee has been reduced to a spectator.

The Bucs' fifth-year wide receiver said he hasn't taken a rep in two weeks and has been ``basically just standing and watching practice'' and doesn't know why.

Lee said he planned to meet with Coach Jon Gruden on Wednesday to discuss his lack of playing time.

``I'm sick of them playing their little mind games,'' Lee said, ``and them basically not having any answers for me. One week it's this, one week it's something else. Now, nobody around here tells me anything.''

Lee said he got a message when he was on the inactive list for Sunday's game against San Francisco. The Bucs had only four active receivers - Michael Clayton, Joe Jurevicius, Joey Galloway and Tim Brown.

``It's a bunch of crock,'' Lee said. ``I obviously bring something to this team and I can help, but ... whatever. For whatever reason, I was inactive. It's a guessing game.''

Gruden said the return of Galloway and Jurevicius has more to do with Lee's situation than anything else.

``There are a lot of guys, I'm sure, who would like to get more reps,'' Gruden said. ``When you have a lot of great players, it's hard to give them all opportunities.''

Lee has started in three of seven games this season, catching 15 passes for 207 yards. He also was inactive for the season opener against Washington and the Chicago game because of injuries.

Lee said he is healthy, so he wants answers as to why he is not in the team's game plans.

``My play speaks for itself ... I produce,'' he said. ``I could see if I was dropping passes and running the wrong routes and making mental errors. Just from a standpoint of not knowing what's going on and then no one having any answers for you, it's just frustrating.

``At some point the frustration goes away and you become [angry]. I'm passed frustration. I'm definitely very angry.''

Count Alex's Losses
11-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Come on Charles. You're not better than any of the guys ahead of you on the depth chart.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-25-2004, 09:29 PM
MeShawn wanted out, McCardell wanted out..maybe Lee thinks, I'll raise a stink also :shrug:

SNR
11-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Come on Charles. You're not better than any of the guys ahead of you on the depth chart.Tim Brown?