PDA

View Full Version : More rich getting richer (KU Basketball). Stewart to KU

Braincase
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Ex-Trojan Stewart likes what he sees at KU (http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_hoop_recruiting/story/112298)

Apparently Rodrick Stewart has committed to transfering from USC to KU at the semester...

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm watching this situation. I can't see why we want him. His stats are awful.

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 09:56 AM
he's enrolling...he hasn't been offered a scholarship

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 10:04 AM
That would explain it.

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 10:10 AM
I think they're waiting to see if he gets his academics together....if Giddens leaves, which most assume he will, then KU has no back-up #2 guard (well, Case and Bahe, but..)...so he's basically filling the whole created when Wilkes transferred.....he was rated 34 in a good 2003 class, who knows?

I'm not excited, but I'll trust Self.

Braincase
11-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I think they're waiting to see if he gets his academics together....if Giddens leaves, which most assume he will, then KU has no back-up #2 guard (well, Case and Bahe, but..)...so he's basically filling the whole created when Wilkes transferred.....he was rated 34 in a good 2003 class, who knows?

I'm not excited, but I'll trust Self.

He was quite the prospect coming out of high school, but isn't dealing well with his twin brother being more successful. I can't blame him for trying to get his own identity. I do think KU will be fine at the guard position, as I'm very happy with Russell Robinson, and apparently Mario Chalmers, despite his first round potential, will be coming to school in the fall. Jeremy Case is taking a red-shirt, and Micah Downs & Julian Wright are supposed to be capable ball handlers, even though they're 6'7" and 6'8".

Mr. Laz
11-26-2004, 11:28 AM
the pro football version of signing a player for the veteran league minimum.

low risk - possible high reward

maybe stewart can upgrade our bench :thumb: :thumb:

Braincase
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM

How about the talk of Michael Lee using his remaining eligibility to play tight end for KU next year? Something tells me that if Mike can humiliate some weights come April, he'll become one helluva h-back. He's already pretty square and chiseled.

*Edit: I just checked his bio on www.kuathletics.com. Might be destiny for him to play football - his cousin is the sperminator himself - Eugene Robinson...

Mr. Laz
11-26-2004, 11:34 AM
How about the talk of Michael Lee using his remaining eligibility to play tight end for KU next year? Something tells me that if Mike can humiliate some weights come April, he'll become one helluva h-back. He's already pretty square and chiselled.
yep ... Lee is a pretty good athlete and a strong guy

bulk him up a little bit and we could have a winner :)

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 11:55 AM

yeah, I think that's the idea...either way he isn't integral to our success

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 12:16 PM
yep ... Lee is a pretty good athlete and a strong guy

bulk him up a little bit and we could have a winner :)
Do ya think we could beat Mizzou then?

Braincase
11-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Do ya think we could beat Mizzou then?

KU football? Please, can we get serious? KU will never be able to compete with Mizzou or K-State. KU is a basketball school. Period.

ROYC75
11-26-2004, 12:35 PM
It was mentioned on TV the other night that he wants to play a DB position.