PDA

View Full Version : Welborn Placed on IR

tyton75
11-26-2004, 10:18 AM
If anyone still cares..

Chiefs: Welbourn placed on IR

THE NEWS

The Chiefs placed right tackle John Welbourn on the injured reserve on Thursday due to an ailing right knee, effectively ending his season. According to the Kansas City Star, Welbourn aggravated a meniscus tear that required surgery last offseason and has been problematic all year long.

OUR VIEW

Welbourn will be replaced in the starting lineup by lineman Chris Bober, who has 52 starts at center, guard, and tackle in his five-year career. Welbourn has been pretty gimpy, so we don't expect this to have a major impact on the Chiefs' offense.

Straight, No Chaser
11-26-2004, 10:25 AM
What are the odds this guy can recover enough to play a full season?

Add this move to not-looking-so-good pile (a fifth rounder and a fourth-round selection in next April's draft).

--->

TEX
11-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Par for the course this season. The guy was a RISK from the beginning and he and Bober have been absolutely KILLING us at RT all year. John Tait has been severely missed at that position. I find it hard to believe that Marcus Spears wouldn't have given the CHIEFS better play at RT than both Bober and Welbourn, and now this "brilliant" move is gonna cost the CHIEFS 2 mid round picks - fuggin UNBELIEVABLE! I can't remember a season when most everything planned for a team did not pan out. It kind of makes one wonder about things... :shake:

unlurking
11-26-2004, 11:08 AM
I thought it was a fourth this, and a fifth next. I don't remember this trade being for 3 picks as we already gave one up.

TEX
11-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I thought it was a fourth this, and a fifth next. I don't remember this trade being for 3 picks as we already gave one up.

It is for 2 picks.

Chief Henry
11-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Isn't the story out of One Arrowhead Drive about
NOT spending BIG $$$ in the Defense F-A market because we knew our own players BEST. So they resigned our OWN players or players that are ALREADY on this team ?

Wasn't Tait and Spears on this team already?
Carl Peterson can suck my B O A L S......

I spoke to season ticket holders Thanksgiving day.
They both were wondering what to do with their tickets for this Sundays Sandy Eggo game !
In years past I jumped on those tickets, not anymore.

AGAIN, Carl Peterson can SUCK my B O A L S

Mr. Laz
11-26-2004, 11:32 AM

its only for 2 picks... but the 2nd pick is a conditional pick

if he plays a certain % of offensive plays this year the draft pick next year moves froma 4th to a 3rd.

another bull crap deal by king carl

the welborne trade should of been for a single freakin' pick ... 2 picks is too much to pay. :(

unlurking
11-26-2004, 11:34 AM
It is for 2 picks.
Ahhh, that's what I thought.

Straight's post seems to be saying we're giving up 2 picks in the next draft, after we already gave up one.

Thig Lyfe
11-26-2004, 11:40 AM
This thread is worthless without picks.

Rausch
11-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Bober has looked better to this point anyway. I don't think he's started and played a whole game but I haven't watched him get completely molested while giving up a sack either...

I'm thinking Welborn needs the help of a lineman on either side. He looks like a G playing RT...

Mr. Laz
11-26-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking Welborn needs the help of a lineman on either side. He looks like a G playing RT...
He IS a guard play tackle...

didn't we argue about this before?? :hmmm:

the chiefs should of put bober/welborn at guard and move shields to tackle.

Frankie
11-26-2004, 11:57 AM
What are the odds this guy can recover enough to play a full season?

Add this move to not-looking-so-good pile (a fifth rounder and a fourth-round selection in next April's draft).

--->

Isn't the 4th a conditional pick, if he starts a certain number of games?

Mr. Laz
11-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Isn't the 4th a conditional pick, if he starts a certain number of games?its only for 2 picks... but the 2nd pick is a conditional pick

if he plays a certain % of offensive plays this year the draft pick next year moves froma 4th to a 3rd.
what... does everyone have me on Iggy or something? :shrug:

TEX
11-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Bober has looked better to this point anyway. I don't think he's started and played a whole game but I haven't watched him get completely molested while giving up a sack either...

Did you happen to catch the last play of the Pat's game last Monday? :hmmm:

Rausch
11-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Did you happen to catch the last play of the Pat's game last Monday? :hmmm:

That doesn't count. We always give up a sack to a 3 man rush our last offensive series of the game.

And no, I have absolutely no idea why... :banghead:

TEX
11-26-2004, 12:21 PM
That doesn't count. We always give up a sack to a 3 man rush our last offensive series of the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot. :cuss: The funny thing is that I thought it might be different last game since the Pat's sent 4. I even commented on it just before it happened. I think we just might have handled 3 but asking 5 lineman to handle 4 pass rushers was just too much to ask. :banghead:

2bikemike
11-26-2004, 02:07 PM

Yeah but the guy that made the sack threw Bober down like a little bitch! IIRC it was a linebacker too.